Start by marking “The Power of Awareness” as Want to Read:
The Power of Awareness

The Power of Awareness

Becoming aware of . . . one great emotion permeates your being. You live with a perpetual feeling of reverence. The knowledge that your creator is the very self of yourself and never would have made you had he not loved you must fill your heart with devotion, yes, with adoration. One knowing glimpse of the world about you at any single instant of time is sufficient to fill ...more
Published April 8th 2013 by Start Publishing LLC (first published November 30th 1951)

Start your review of The Power of Awareness
David Geschke
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, re-reading
FIRST READING FINISHED 7/12/12: One of the best books I've ever read. REALLY good and highly recommended!

REREAD 10/28/14: Still one of my favorite books. Create a burning desire for what you want, then act as though the wish is fulfilled. Believe it to be true to manifest whatever you're looking to get out of life. Short book, lots of thought provoking chapters.

THIRD READING 5/8/16: Well, it seems every two years I wind up reading this book. I first heard about it when I
Sheryl Valentine
I enjoyed reading this book. These days, I can only read what I am truly guided to read... and upon reading this book, I was amazed at how it touched on so much that is up-front with me right now. However, this ought not to be amazing... as when I read what I am truly guided to.... it speaks to me right here and now. thank you.
Edgardo Santos
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

I enjoy this type of literature. It makes sense to me. But I learned to keep my thoughts and feelings to myself regarding this type of material. This new age stuff is controversial to some. The religious type say it's from the devil and the scholarly, intellectual type consider it crazy, crackpot literature. That won't stop me from reading and studying the works of a great philosopher like Goddard. This was a very interesting read. I look forward to reading more from this au
Noor Azzony
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to know the secret behind "The Secret" then this book is for you!
Nivelle wrote about the Secret long before the movie and the book were out... this no fluff book written in 1952 says it all... a life changing experience!
Wilma Reiber
Neville Goddard lectured and wrote his books long before law of attraction became a buzz word and before the documentary The Secret and other publications came out. I found it refreshing to read about his thoughts without all of today's theories and hype. The case studies sound convincing. One story about a young man who imagined himself honorably discharged from the army turns out to be his own experience.
One thing or advice is repeated over and over: you have to act and feel like what yo
Iona  Stewart
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Neville explains how you can consciously create your future by visualization and the power of assumption - by assuming that your wish is fulfilled and feeling as you would, were it fulfilled. Great book. He has a high level of consciousness. The book may be thought old-fashioned, having many references to the Bible. It appears that the content of the Bible expresses spiritual truths about abundance, creating your own reality, etc. in the form of metaphors.
Saiisha
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the book, but I didn't love it. It felt a little dated to me, but I can see how when it was originally published, this could have been a ground-breaking way to think, especially for the Western audiences. He talks about the Law of Assumption, which is similar to what's more popularly known as the Law of Attraction now.

I'm also aware that this is a favorite for many people, so this is just my 2 cents :)
Heidi The Reader
This is as easy to understand as new age thought gets. I find this particularly impressive because the book was originally published in 1952. Neville is timeless.
Cynthia
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His books about attracting/manifesting abundance are amazing!!! I am rereading this one for about my fourth time.
Obi
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I liked most about this book was the information provided in the least amount of pages. The Power of Awareness, in my opinion, is a feel good book, empowering and surprisingly short. Definitely a book that is easy to read and I personally would enjoy re-reading it again as a refresher on what most self-help, mind over matter books provide. I took my time enjoying this, and it will be read again.
Zack
Apr 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not one to read and review, instead to learn from day by day forever, at least that's how it seems right now, so I'm gonna put it in the "read" file. If I ever feel like writing a review of it, I will.
J.P. Hansen
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The wisdom contained in this book is amazing.
Marisa Ring
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life-changingly good.
Carol
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
Austin Phalin
An amazingly powerful and liberating book that found me by chance.
Jessi Payne
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being aware of your circumstances gives you the power to change things. This book shows you how in a simple yet sophisticated method.
Mark Bodenstein
I found this book to be rather a one trick pony, albeit quite a trick. The trick is using the link between imagination and reality to imagine what you desire so thoroughly that you make it so.
I believe the basic premise that reality is an expression of consciousness, of awareness. And I love the picture he paints of each of us being a fountain for the expression of that consciousness. But I had a problem with using that fact to create what we fervently desire without regard to any larger p
Roma Khetarpal
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm intrigued by any read that teaches positive psychology, self-understanding and the art of manifestation. This one has topped my list! First published in 1952, Neville took me through his profound, yet simple teachings with the utmost ease and interest. I was particularly impressed with the "Imagination" section. I've even gifted a copy to both my young adult kids.
Michel
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book!!!!
Claudius Odermatt
Neville does a great job at intellectually tackling that which mystics have been saying down the ages.
Em Saberon
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
"This one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, I press toward the mark."
Henry Beyer
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book by Neville (Goddard). Many of the same ideas, but just as intriguing. A good book for anyone attracted to the idea of manifesting your future.
Sandra Brown
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely wonderful read started reading second time got side tracked; might read again another time
Patty Olivarez
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to awaken...then Read, "Your Faith is your Fortune"...this will blow your mind.
L
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear message, very easy good read!!!!
Lenin
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s special power and clarity in Neville Goddard’s writings and talks, compared to any other metaphysical teacher I’ve read. It’s been a long time since I’ve has any interest in reading anything apart from Neville Goddard when it comes to matters of mind over matter.

The Power of Awareness is one of his bestsellers, written in his later years. I assume that books written in the later years would show you how well the life of a ‘new thought’ teacher has been for him/her. It would be a disservice/>The
Noah Talon
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing. Powerfully invigorating. Try it. Your own success with the method will be the only evidence you require. Worst case scenario? You feel marvelous daydreaming about your deepest desires. Not longingly, but presently as though you are living and breathing your own highest achievement. Allowing yourself the child-like freedom to live in them. Persist in the wonderful feeling and it just might work.

This is the next chapter for humanity.
For all of us to step into this together, f
Paul
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This metaphysical writer and lecturer touts a philosophy that may be hard to accept: that God is nothing other than the human imagination. He puts a twist on the biblical verse, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." The twist is that instead of traditional prayer, you must visualize exactly who will be when the belief becomes reality, going to bed every night with this visualization in your mind, and you will eventually become that person. On the way, you need to tak ...more
Coty K
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone searching for a deeper understanding of self.
Recommended to Coty by: Friend
This book is a certain kind of special. It helps you understand the power of assumption and how YOU, change everything in the world, based on your thought. You are the (It) that controls your destiny. A good friend of mine recommended this book to me and I am so glad that he shared the experience he had from it. I highly encourage anyone to pick this book up and learn more about how you influence everything.
Andrew Pupols
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its an interesting book, that you can't just read it once, allow the words to sink in. It deals mostly how to increase your awareness, rise to a higher conscious state and the concept of your self and your marvelous power of your incredible imagination.

The next three sentences regarding change, are so powerful, everyone should know.

You must want to be different [and intend to be] before you can begin to change yourself.
Then you must make your future dream a present fact.
You d

• The Wealth Mindset: Understanding the Mental Path to Wealth
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • Seedtime & Harvest
  • The Law and Other Essays on Manifestation
“Assume the feeling of your wish fulfilled and observe the route that your attention follows.” 56 likes
“I will be” is a confession that “I am not “ The Father's will is always “I AM.” Until you realize that YOU are the Father (there is only one I AM and your infinite self is that I AM), your will is always “I will be.” 38 likes