Start by marking “Serenity Springs, Ohio” as Want to Read:
Serenity Springs, Ohio

Serenity Springs, Ohio

An abandoned bird; an ailing aunt; and an unhappy fiancé. What else could happen? Oh, yeah—a murder! Chief of Police, Matthew Travis moved home to avoid the violence of being a big city police officer, but murder shatters the peace and tranquility of his hometown.

It appears to be an open and shut case. A troubled teenager at the scene covered in blood with the murder
Published June 9th 2013 by Lost and Found Books

To ask other readers questions about Serenity Springs, Ohio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serenity Springs, Ohio

Start your review of Serenity Springs, Ohio
Jeri
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Good little mystery, but does have quite a few typos.
Sheryl
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it's the first of Ms. Duncan's that I've read. It's a really cute Christian mystery set in an ideal village where there isn't hardly any crime to speak of. The Chief of Police's mother and his Aunt Emily grew up in the house that he took over when he came back to the village to get away from the crime of Cleveland. He is determined to have his Aunt Emily live with him while she is fighting her battle with Lupus. The small village has changed though and there are the ...more
Brices Mice Christian Book Reviews
I must say the cover of Serenity Springs, Ohio by Lillian Duncan attracted me to this book. Not only did it say it took place in the state that I live, but loved the look of the quaint, cozy town where it takes place.

Lillian has her finger (and pen) on the heartbeat of a small hometown in Wooster, where people know and care about each other. The first page digs right into the heart of the story, setting up the murder scene that takes on many twists and turns which needs to be solved, or can
Sandra Bagwell
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In fairness I really don't like crime novels. If you like a "who done it" you will like this story. The search for the Midwest takes many twists and turn throughout the novel. Topics within the novel include; spouse abuse, mental illness, chronic illness, and Lupus. Characters face life's issues using scripture and Faith to help them. The story is well written.
Linda Husvar
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author treated us to a wonderful look at small town life, even in the midst of an unusual murder mystery. Wayne County, Akron, and Cuyahoga Falls are near my home, which enriched my enjoyment of the book. I loved the portrayal of Emily as a wise "Aunt" who struggled with the disabling effects of Lupus. Her nephew, Matthew, showed a lot of common sense as the village Police Chief. I loved the character development in the murder suspects as the author kept us guessing to the end. Serenity ...more
Karen Singrey
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I think this is a wonderful book that shows that Christians are in all different jobs and they rely on their faith to help them get through daily problems. Continued talking to our Lord about everything does help a person be better. Aunt Emily's faith made a serious, possibly deadly outcome become saving 2 lives in jeopardy.
Sharon
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Yes, the murder mystery gets solved; but I felt like the main characters still had so much more to tell me about themselves. Those characters intrigued me and I wish I knew what happened next in their stories.
Deane
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good

Good read keeps you guessing
The ending is not what you expect from this book
Enjoy. Wish there was a sequence
Randy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Was a nice book but it really could use a good proof reader. Way too many spelling errors.
Marilyn
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good

the woman that came to live with her nephew and needed help because of her condition due to her metal condition.helped to solve a murder.
Vickie
Renay lotarski
Mar 10, 2015
Bette
Feb 10, 2019 added it
I found this book to be very good. Ms. Duncan captures family life in a way that is very familiar and deals with it in manner that I wish everyone would. As for the illegal activities she shows that these can be dealt with in a thoughtful and nonviolent manner instead of thoughtless and violent actions that can lead to bad consequences for all. I will read more of Ms. Duncan's works.
Sharon J Jucha
Kerins
Sep 23, 2014
Kathy Kirkland
Apr 09, 2018
Lillian lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband. She writes the type of books she loves to read--mystery and suspense with a touch or two of romance!