Start by marking “Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)

Wedding the Highlander (Highlander #3)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  3,416 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
"A runaway beauty finds love in the brawny arms of a handsome stranger..."Talented surgeon Libby Hart is fleeing to Pine Creek, Maine, when her car spins out of control and crashes into a pond. She is rescued by Michael MacBain, a medieval highlander trapped in the modern world by a wizard's spell. Wounded in love once before by a modern woman, Michael wants nothing to do ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published November 29th 2005 by Pocket Books (first published September 24th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding the Highlander

BookLover
Feb 23, 2016 BookLover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally read in 2014, re-read in 2016.

I can remember the first time I read Charming the Highlander and feeling like Mary and Michael really got the shaft. I felt so incredibly sad for the life they would never have together. I had mixed feelings going into this book but Libby was the perfect heroine to help Michael heal. I loved their story.

Robbie, Michael’s eight year old son, was set on finding a new wife for his father and the internet brought him Libby.

“Do ya think we should throw her b
BJ Rose
Feb 20, 2009 BJ Rose rated it really liked it
This is the best of the series so far. The first two were enjoyable but average reads, but this one had those extra "somethings" that make a book above-average for me. The first 'something' is Robbie - 8 years old and totally in charge, in a very disarming way. Another 'something' is Libby's gift, which has frightened her and caused her to flee from her life as a trauma surgeon in California and move to Maine. There she decides to open a glass-crafting shop (a secret hobby of hers for years) and ...more
Quinn

You have to be prepared to suspend belief and leave reality at the door with this series, and make a decision to just enjoy it – it’s surprisingly easy to do.

Despite a plethora of opportunities, eye-rolling is not allowed. Sure, there are destinies to be fulfilled, an owl that may or may not be a reincarnation, a modern-day magical healer, a 1400-year-old druidh, and highland warriors and warhorses transported 800 years forward in time. Oh, and of course, insta-lust to love in record time. Just
Lori McD
A bit tame for the series, but a very enjoyable read.

Libby (Elizabeth) Hart is a surgeon looking for a place to get away.... Her grandmother told her that she had a gift, but Libby never quite knew what that gift was until the day of a horrible train accident. In the trauma ward, the husband of a critically wounded older lady asked Libby to pray with him over his wife before her surgery. When Libby did, she felt herself surrounded by light and colors, and she felt herself enter the woman's body
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the third book in the Highlander series by Janet Chapman, involving some 13th century Highlanders that travel through time to the modern world. I probably would not have liked this at all if I had not read the previous 2. The first book explained a lot regarding Michael and his son and I was actually looking forward to seeing Michael get his HEA.
Barbara
Sep 27, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
4 Stars...

This very simple, yet very intriguing love story will have you busy like crazy turning the pages. This is my very first Chapman book, and I debated on not starting the series until I had the previous two, but I'm so glad I did...I just loved both characters from the beginning.

What is it about those big, scary, scruffy and hotter than the pits of Hades Highlanders that makes your blood boil?! For me maybe it's the untamed, rough and possessive side to them. Or maybe it's the way they ta
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 Dawn ♥ romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
8/1/09 - Good book about frightened surgeon Libby running away then crashing her car into a pond and rescued by Micheal MacBain once a Scottish warrior. My first book by Janet Chapman and I'm anxious to read more.

2/11/16 - This paranormal romance was just as good reading it again six years later. It had the right mix of plot, action and romance with a little magic.
Keltie
Jun 14, 2012 Keltie rated it it was ok
I really don't see how this novel received such highly rated reviews. I found it to be quite dull, with no real antagonist, and a lack of plot. The characters were quite boring, and the love scenes were lacking. I had hoped for more to Michael's story. I was left disappointed.
Lover of Romance
Libby Heart, a surgeon in California, discovers that there is something going on with her, she is able to heal others with a touch of her hands, so she goes to the other side of the country to get some clarity, and ends up crashing into a pond, and is rescued by a breathtaking highlander, who sets her teeth on edge. Michael is trapped with the 'moderns' in a century he doesn't understand after being brought here by a wizard, whom messed up his spell bringing other highlanders with him. After lov ...more
Lady of the Lake
Leave reality as you know it at the door when you decide to enter these books! There is SO MUCH going on from the time traveling warriors to mothers who's spirits are in great snowy owls that come back and make sure all is well with sons and ex lovers...magical, healing physicians.... magical staphs...1400 yr old Driuds.. The list goes on and on... But even with ALL this it's a sweet story.
The only thing I had trouble with, even with all the crazy magical goings on... is that on one page the ma
Memorable Reading
Jun 26, 2014 Memorable Reading rated it it was ok
Shelves: american-author
After mentioning that I enjoyed the Outlander series, an acquaintance lent me this book and another from the Highlander series. I'm glad I read the two of them because it made me realize how formulaic these books are. I got the impression though, that it had more to do with the type of book it was and not necessarily the author's lack of imagination (I'm sure there are certain guidelines you have to follow as an author - meet pretty in chapter 3, conflict resolution in chapter 17, etc, etc).

If y
mismamari
The story lacked any kind of true antagonist, and although the main character had some interesting personal strife, that part of the story took a back seat to the constant cooking and decorating. The heroine is a skilled surgeon and discovers she is not as normal as she thought, and seeing her deal with the loss of control was interesting, but I wish that aspect of her character was expanded a little more. Instead, she spent her time shopping, decorting, et cetera. The story stagnated because of ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Libby runs away from California after she heals 2 patients. She rents a house from a boy Robbie MacBain. His dad is a hottie Highlander who was thrown ahead through time 800 years. Both women in his life that he loved died running to him. He is afraid to fall in love again.

There is not much suspense to this book at all. Just a bunch of "geez! hurry up and spit it out!" moments. It's a light read with a cute story.

My only complaint is the picture on the back cover of a supposedly very good look
Mareli
Mar 23, 2014 Mareli rated it it was amazing
I already knew that I'd loved this story becaus of Michael, my fav Scot so far and his wonderful child Robbie.

Hqving decided to have a new wife for her father, Robbie puts an ad for renting his mother's old house and a very confused trauma doctor Libby comes to live in the house.

Both Michael and Libby are strongly gifted with powers so they are destined to fall in love since the beginning.

5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat
Aug 24, 2015 Cat rated it liked it
UTTERLY ridiculous in more ways than I can possibly list, but I'm a sucker for Christmas romances, and it passed the time.
Susan Ross
Jul 19, 2017 Susan Ross rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I loved everything about this book. It was a great read!
Serena Miles
Jan 11, 2017 Serena Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

El libro me ha gustado bastante.

Me esperaba algo mas para Michael, y me han quedado muchas cosas a medias que no han contado, pero bueno

7/10
Monica **can't read fast enough**
This is a well written romance with a twist. Instead of the female character getting slung back in time to the highlands of Scotland the warrior is transported from a Scottish battlefield to modern day Maine This warrior becomes a successful Christmas tree farmer of all things, but it works. There's a touch of magic in this sweet book and those of us who cut our teeth on romance writers like Kathleen Woodwiss and Julie Garwood will definitely appreciate and enjoy this one. The story revolves aro ...more
Kathrynn
Book #3 and the series should be read in order (of course). I enjoyed most in this series. This was a good one. There isn't an actual time-travel event in this book. That only happens in book #1 when the highlanders are transported to present day; then once again in a later book, when someone goes back--temporarily--for a reason.

The rest in the series pertain (mostly) to the children of Grace and Greyland (book #1), with a dash of magic/wizardry. No graphic sex, that I can remember. There is a d
Laurel Richards
Sep 20, 2016 Laurel Richards rated it it was ok
2.5

Pros: On a rainy day, I know I can count on Janet Chapman to entertain me. Her writing is of a consistent quality, so I pretty much know what I'm going to get. Robbie was my favorite character in this book, and I enjoy the series as a whole.

Cons: I was horrified by the scene in which the heroine, who just moved into her new rental place, wakes up in bed at night to discover the hero (whom she just met the day before) looming over her. The hero then proceeds to pin her to the bed, but we're to
Bunga
Dec 31, 2014 Bunga rated it liked it
Kali ini bercerita tentang ayah si bayi di buku pertama, Michael MacBainn. Si Michael ini kasihan banget love lifenya--dua kali mencintai wanita dan dua kali juga wanita-wanita itu meninggal dunia. Michael pun trauma merasakan sakitnya 2 kali ditinggal mati wanita yang dia cintai dan tidak ingin mencintai lagi.

Libby, heroine kita, punya gift unik. Dia bisa menyembuhkan orang sakit hanya dengan sentuhan, dan itu membuat dia takut sampai melarikan diri ke Pine Tree. Tanpa dia tahu, Libby menyewa
Linda
Feb 18, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in Chapman's "Pine Creek Highlander" series is about Michael MacBain, a warring member of the MacBain clan, who was introduced in "Charming the Highlander", along with his son Robby. Michael and his fellow warriors were in the midst of a fight with Greylen, Morgan and other MacKeages when they also found themselves transported to the twenty first century. Michael is no stranger to heartbreak having lost loves in Scotland and the twenty first century, and has no desire to get invol ...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Don't get me wrong. I love this series and these highlanders sure make my heart flutter but this story between Libby & Michael was a bit typical of the first 2 books in the series.

I did like Libby & Michael together they made for some steamy scenes but it is making me wonder of the rest of the books in the series will be about the same thing... a new Highlander and how he traveled through time and he meets the love of his life all while having steamy sex in between the pages?... hmmmm I
Betty Lambert
Feb 23, 2012 Betty Lambert rated it really liked it
This book was very good. This is Libby Hart and Michael MacBain's book. Libby is a surgeon by trade but she is finding out very quickly that she is also a healer and has some serious magic that she knows nothing about. She had her grandmother to tell her about it but she thought she was making it up. Michael is from 800 years in the past and had been transferred to the future by a wizard and he still isn't sure why but is making the best of it. Libby is pulled to Maine, where Michael lives and s ...more
Crystal
Oct 27, 2011 Crystal rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, traded
I docked this thing a whole star due to one too many short jokes. It's hard to evaluate a book when you're feeling insulted and well, just plain pissed off. 5' is petite. I get that, but it's only 4" shorter than average. An orange crate to climb into a Suburban? Really? Bite me Ms. Chapman. I can climb into the durned truck bed without aid of a box.

Oh. beyond that, our h declares herself a freak while explaining herself to a time-traveling Scott with 12 toes. Uh...
Atunah
This is a really nice time travel series. Its been a while since I had read the first 2 in the series, but as soon as I started reading, things came back to me.

This series, at least so far, as a homey feeling to it. Small town living in the mountains. Just with the added large hunky scotsman from 800 years ago :).

Likable characters with a lot of heart. Some chickens, kittens and a ornery old druid. :)
Lynne Tull
Sep 08, 2013 Lynne Tull rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
I am addicted to this series. I love time-travel and romance novels. When they are combined, I really love it. I am working through each of the time travelers until they find their soul mate and their reason for being thrown in a time period 800 years in the future. It makes for a great story and Ms. Chapman does not let you down. She keeps the story moving and doesn't dwell too much on the past stories. She subtlety brings you up to date. You'll never feel a thing. Recommend it to you!
Arch
Dec 27, 2008 Arch rated it liked it
I have finally finished this book a few minutes ago. I have found this book to be funny. I don't read time travel book, which this book doesn't have time traveling. The hero and others are stated to have time traveled. I don't read paranormal books as well. This book has a little paranormal theme in it as well.

I don't want to spoil anyone that wants to read this book, but I do want to say that this is not a steamy book, although the hero and heroine do make love alot.
Michele bookloverforever
A doctor discovers she is a natural healer of the laying on of hands variety as well as her learned skills as a surgeon. She is shocked and runs to the east coast to escape the "miracle cures" of 2 of her patients. She finds understanding and love when she gets to rural Maine. Great characters, a good love story and a happy ending. She finds out that magic does exist and she is not alone and her gift is indeed a gift and not a curse.
SJuhl4
Mar 04, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, nook
It seems that all of her Highlander series are great. Very well developed protagonists. Libby and Michael made for a great couple. Robbie really added another dimension to the story along with his pet Mary. Adding in her mother rediscovering herself was also a great addition to the story. I really enjoyed this and will definitely read it again.
  • A Highlander of Her Own (Daughters of the Glen, #4)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Wet & Wild (Viking II, #4)
  • Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)
  • A Garden in the Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1)

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...

Highlander (8 books)
  • Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
  • Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)
  • Secrets of the Highlander (Highlander, #6)
  • A Highlander Christmas (Highlander, #7)
  • Highlander for the Holidays (Highlander, #8)