Start by marking “Fiddle-back (Stella Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fiddle-back (Stella Street, #2)

Fiddle-back (Stella Street #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  209 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
It should come as no surprise that spunky young Aussie Henni Octon had a sequel in her. How could this 12-year-old possibly stop writing after she and her pals exposed her shifty neighbors' scheme in 45 & 47 Stella Street and Everything That Happened? Equally spunky Aussie Liz Honey has brought back the whole gang from that fun book for another adventure in Fiddleback, ...more
Published November 1st 1998 by Allen & Unwin

Camelia Horner
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because of the sense of adventure and excitement it held. The gang from 45-47 Stella St went on a camping trip.This book follows the gang as they:
Fight against enemies
Make new friends
Help a new person into the world
Elizabeth Honey's writing style makes you believe that Henni is telling you a story in the playground. The themes of Friendship,Resilience and Rivals help engage the reader.

Dont stop reading at the start because you think it is boring, the most exciting parts are
Serena Schroeter
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoyable with endearing and realistic characters. Resonates with real growing-up memories here in Australia, and instantly makes me want to go bush.
Nhi Le (The Literary Bystander)
I blame this book for making me want to go camping out in the Aussie bush one day. How dare you, Elizabeth Honey, with your simple prose and engaging characters, how dare you appreciate the beauty of the Australian forestry (well, as forest-y as it can get) and make me wish so desperately that I was there with these guys like 99% of the time.

I don't know what is is I love about these books, especially this one. While 45 + 47 Stella Street and Everything That Happened had a basic 'kids as detect
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
I adore this book, it's hard to pick a favourite of Honey's novels but this would be close to it.

My mum comes from a farming town in the outback, so I could easily picture parts of this book and it made me home-sick for a place not even my home.

It has a touching end, adventure, and is quite deep for the age it's aimed at.

A fantastic book for yours kids to read.
Rebecca
Feb 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
The gang from 45 + 47 Stella Street are back and this time the entire street has gone bush for the holidays. Things are relaxed and lazy and a great deal of fun until the gang has to protect a forset of endangered trees from mad loggers and help Donna deliver a baby in the bush.
Gracie La
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it wasn't as good as 45+47 Stella street but it was still a great read! This book is set out in the Australian bush and like in both books they have a great big adventure. In both books I always madly want to be there with them.
Claire
Loved it. Love the boisterous characters. A little neighborhood goes 'bush' (camping, completely off track) together. A few families. Lots of kids, animals, strangers wandering in- oh and predictably with an Extreeeemly pregnant woman, newborns.
Great affectionate fun.
Isabel
These books were really cute. Definitely comfort reading.
Neill Smith
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two Australian families go camping and wind up in a plot to log an old growth forest containing trees with a fiddleback grain.
Alex
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm adding the Stella Street books to the list of books I'm going to push on my hypothetical future children. This book was so fun.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Aussie YA book camping kids [s] 11 33 Dec 06, 2015 02:42AM
  • Somewhere Around the Corner
  • Unwelcome Bodies
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)
  • Caddy Ever After (Casson Family, #4)
  • Unreal! (Uncollected)
  • Just Disgusting!
  • Braided: A Lesbian Rapunzel (Sappho's Fables: Lesbian Fairy Tales)
  • The Listmaker
  • Burning Eddy
  • Gift of the Gab (Rowena Batts, #3)
  • The Big Bazoohley
  • Untamed
  • Far
  • Skymaze (Space Demons Trilogy, #2)
  • Diary of a Would-Be Princess: The Journal of Jillian Jones, 5b
  • Leaving Protection
  • The Hideout
Elizabeth Honey was a weedy child who always seemed to have a sore throat, so her parents didn't send her to school until she was nearly seven. The Honeys lived on a farm in the bush near Wonthaggi, Victoria. There were four kids and Elizabeth was number three. With her younger sister Mary, Elizabeth puzzled over jigsaws, played with the dogs, climbed trees and one way or another did a lot of pret ...more
More about Elizabeth Honey...

Stella Street (4 books)
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • The Ballad of Cauldron Bay (Stella Street, #3)
  • To the Boy in Berlin (Stella Street, #4)