Start by marking “Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)

Temptation

(Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow #1)

As the Beta of the Spruce Hollow pack, Roan Sabre's a dominant and self assured Were. Life's pretty good for him. He's got a hot, beautiful girlfriend and his job as pack enforcer has earned him the respect of his pack members, time and time again.

But when the Fates deliver Roan's blood born mate into his arms much too early, he scrambles to build a life around the young,
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 285 pages
Published December 2nd 2013 by The Fairy Factory

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

Ginny Lurcock
Well that was ... unexpected.

Honestly, when I first read the blurb I thought the book sounded creepy. Which peaked my interest. I know, there's something wrong with me. So I came to Goodreads and found from the reviews that the end was totally worth it.

So I figure I'll give it a shot.

Honest to God, I almost DNF'd this book.

Let me explain, while I make this the most bass ackwards review possible.

What I didn't love:

For starters, Roan. I thought he was a slimy douchebag, and had he been my mate I w
Deborah
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it

Had a lot of potential but.....

One of the main things I like about shifter books, apart from the fact that the males are always tall, muscular and hot of course is the fated mates part. I love the fact that there's one true mate out there, in some books they spend their entire life searching, in this case it's difficult because Roan Sabre meets his mate when he's sixteen and she's only six years old.
As soon as I started reading I was hooked and loving it but unfortunately it didn't stay that way
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
Oh no no no, I demand the next book IMMEDIATELY. I haven't read a book with a cliffhanger in so long that I almost forgot what one was....Alllllmost.

Now I get this?!

*hysterical sobbing forever* I loved both the lead characters but holy hell was that wolf man stupid. I kept screaming at the screen "Tell the truth! Just fucking tell her the truth! Leave Andie and tell her the fucking truth!" and at no point in this book was my anger satisfied. I wanted to punch him. Literally punch him... In t
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to seeing what's going to happen between Roan and Aspen.
Kristina
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was a struggle to keep reading. The male lead is a controlling jerk who cannot make up his mind, and we get to read his internal back and forth in every, single chapter. We also get to be reminded in every, single chapter, that he is the beta, that Aspen is his mate, and that she is too young.
Tia
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Need. The. Next. Book. NOW! I can't believe it ended like that and Roan is so stupid, obviously Jude is going to come along for her now. He is a total moron, he's going to lose her completely.
SassyFraz
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 *
really enjoyed it... now I need book 2~!
BookLoverinSeattle
Aug 29, 2019 is currently reading it
(view spoiler) ...more
Jamielee
DNF @ 58%
Nope... I tried. They don't speak to each other much. It is all internal dialogue and flashbacks to past conversations. Hero calls her "little girl" about every 5 seconds in his head and out loud to remind him that she is only 16. I need something to make this book not feel like a total creeper situation. After looking at other reviews to see we don't even get an ending to this story; nope I can't read another book like this one. Pass.
Angela
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
There was a lot of descriptive writing in this book. I understand that we needed to understand the were culture so we could have a better idea of the relationship of our two MC. However, I would’ve enjoyed more conversation between them. As for the H, he totally never explained his actions to the h and I got frustrated with that. But I loved the mate storyline, and overall it was a good read. Just wish there wasn’t a continuation into another book.
Bernadette
This would have been a much better book if the author didn’t repeat herself so much. We only need to read about the role of a Beta and a Pack Enforcer the once and not the 3-4 times that she explained it. The same can be said about how serious the issue of ‘mates’ are to Weres and that finding your true mate isn’t a joking matter. The book tells their stories from their own POV and it allows us to understand what they are truly thinking and feeling. That POV also includes the wolf element of Roa ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, paranormal, adult
What an introduction to a new Pack! You find out in the book that usually a mate will only show her/himself when the time is right. So when Roan finds his mate at 16, you might think that that's young. But when you find out that his mate is 10 years younger then it puts a whole new slant on it. Tarrah Betts has done a wonderful job of using a new storyline and dealing with it in a superb manner. In no way is this 'icky' or 'wrong'. Roan becomes Aspen's big brother equivalent. When everyone else ...more
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I more than liked it!!
***Received from StoryCartel for an honest review

The cover is beautiful and totally the reason I was drawn to this book.

This book is a nice start to a series. It definitely draws you into Aspen and Roan’s lives and issues. This is the first book by Tarrah.

It did take me a while to get used to Tarrah’s writing style, but I can’t put my finger on what it is that caused it. I definitely wish that there was more action rather than teen angst
Delan
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
I loved this book. I loved the chemistry between Roan and Aspen. They have this love/hate relationship. This book made me laugh, made me angry, and made me smile.

Roan Sabre is a Were and Beta of Spruce Hollow pack. He finds his mate at the wrong time and has to adjust his life around Aspen Greystone. He was a teen that was going through transition and she was a cute 6 year old in foster care. The pack brings Aspen to Spruce Hollow and places her in the care of Valerie a female Were who recently
Ann
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kacey Filiptsova
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it
cliffhanger!!!

As I read the final sentence, I seriously contemplated throwing my danged kindle. I rarely read a book with out scanning reviews but stupidly I did so and am now paying the price for it. The book is a bit too repetitive and overall the story fell flat for me though it had a lot of potential. So not what I had thought it would be when I picked it up. Not a horrible book but I don't think I'll read the second. I get enough bs out of reality. I'd like a little happiness in my books bu
Denise
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off, I hate the ending! Cliffhangers suck. Having said that, I loved this book. The story line was quite good. Roan is such a jerk throughout. The way his character is written, it's a wonder Aspen didn't kill him off. I had a love/hate feeling towards him while the story progressed. Aspen is such a great lead. She is quite feisty and outspoken. Great combo for such an important role. The dynamics between Roan and Aspen are undeniably leading to a romance, sure to shift the planets alignmen ...more
Priscilla Robinson
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
The end

*SPOILER ALERT*

This was an interesting story although I find that sometimes the main characters were annoying. The major issue that I found with the book is that although it had a good numbers of pages it was of a complete story. I felt a little cheated that after I read the book and got caught up in the story it didn't ha e a real ending. I thought that it was going to be a series about the other people that was introduced in the story but since this didn't have a ending I guess the nex
Puna
Apr 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
You mean to tell that I forced myself to slog through what, in reality, SHOULD have been at most, a 10 page prologue only to find out that there's no ending!?!?! I don't give a rat's behind what happens to any of these people! If I could I would give negative stars. Bad enough that the story could have easily been edited down to basically nothing but to insult the readers that actually managed to get through it with no real ending. Horrible!
Sam
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book, as it's quite unlike any Shifter romance I've read; it was a little confusing at first seeing events from the different points of view, but it worked so well. I was hooked and fortunate enough to have read this the day before Seduction was released as I was hanging from the proverbial cliff by my fingernails to find out what happened next...

Frances
This was so good! I was a little wary of the age difference between Roan and Aspen but the author handled this theme very well. There is not much action in this story though instead it lays out the foundation for how these characters interact, their motivations and feelings. I wish it hadn't ended in a cliffhanger, so frustrating! I hope the sequel gets released soon....
Dena
I am fascinated by the story and want to read more to find out what happens. I am just unsure about the long winded explanations. Maybe I am just used to fast paced books but in the end I thought this was definitely slow. I am disliking Roan and his double standards. This whole thing is quite complicated.
Rosalynd DUNSTON
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good Read...

Good Read...

Kept my eyes on my kindle...very good read...very good book...waiting for more...kudos! ;)
Good Read...Waiting for more...hurry Tarrah Betts..can hardly wait!

Gerri
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
The reading was different. I don't usually read books that are told from the character's point of view. It was a bit drawn out and slow. Only reason I am reading the second book is because I would like to see what becomes of Aspen and Roan.
Jane
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Give me stories about werewolves and possessive, desperate love and I'm there! I can't wait for the next one. I hope the author starts it when Aspen has had some time to grow up. Then bring back Roan so he can rock her world ;)
Waiting for the next one!
Jase Dean's_Wife
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great beginning to a story. I immediately got sucked into the world of Aspen and Roan and didn't want the story to end.
Roan was the type of male character that I like in paranormal romance. Hard, unyielding, bossy and desperately in love. Looking forward to the next one.
Willow Brooks
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good story. A few contradictions, but very enjoyable.
Shaneen
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Arghhh! iPad throwing kinda book! Roan is a super alpha male who deserves a kick straight to the groin. I loved him though.
Emily
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: shifter fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Loved.This is one of the best shifter books I've read.
LaGina
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it

• Reawakening the Dragon: Part 3 (Stonefire Dragons, #4 part 3 of 4)
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Bride to the Alpha (The Wolf's Pet, #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Rescued by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #4)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
I am a Paranormal Romance author and blogger. My debut novel, Temptation(Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow) Book 1 is now available on Amazon.com. I am constantly fascinated by the dichotomy of "Good" and "Evil" that lurks within the human psyche. I am philosophical, quirky and sometimes sarcastic and funny. Someone once called me a "tart", but I can only assume that's because I'm sweet and d ...more

Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow (2 books)
  • Seduction (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #2)