Start by marking “MURDERED: Can YOU Solve the Mystery? (Click Your Poison, #2)” as Want to Read:
MURDERED: Can YOU Solve the Mystery? (Click Your Poison, #2)

MURDERED: Can YOU Solve the Mystery?

(Click Your Poison #2)

3 Unique Storylines. Over 50 Possible Endings. Just one question... Could YOU Solve a Murder?

MURDERED is a mystery novel unlike any other -- YOU are the main character. Follow clues, interrogate suspects, and piece together the puzzle before the killer gets away! It's up to you to solve the case in this action-packed, dark and humorous thriller.

You're in a dark alley, a
Published December 4th 2013

To ask other readers questions about MURDERED, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MURDERED

Rebecca McNutt
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

This interactive book is different each time, something like the nostalgic classics "Choose Your Own Adventure and "Give Yourself Goosebumps", but this book offers many more complex plot twists, cliffhangers and endings. Brilliantly-written, gripping, intriguing and intelligent, this is a fun and suspenseful novel and I highly recommend it. I can't wait to see its followers as the "Click Your Poison" series goes on!
Eric Ruark
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first "interactive" book and I had a lot of fun with it. With this book, you, in effect, choose your own mystery. You become the main character and you pick or ignore the clues and choices at your own risk.
The book is divided into a series of chapter-like scenes. At the end of each scene, you are given a choice of actions to take. Each choice leads you into another scene and at the end of that, another choice. In a very real sense, the book becomes a game which you can either win o
James Schannep
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
As the author, I'm admittedly biased. Of course I think my book deserves 5-stars! But here's why you should too....
MURDERED is the ultimate "fair play" mystery novel.

YOU must solve the case, or the killer(s) get away. Follow clues. Interrogate suspects. 3 unique storylines, 50+ possible endings, just one question...can you solve a murder?

As the author of the Click Your Poison series, I hope you love reading MURDERED as much as I enjoyed writing it. This book really put me to the test. I meticu
Samyuktha Ell
MURDERED: Can YOU Solve the Mystery by James Schannep is, according to the author, a work of fiction that features actual locations and businesses in conjunction with fictional and fictionalized elements—woven together to give the story a “noir” feel.

You (yes, YOU are one the main characters in this book!) are on vacation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. You are counting days to the Carnaval—touted as one of the grandest fiestas on the planet. You are a bit high on drinks and have gotten separated fr
Awesome Indies Reviewers
This isn’t a standard book review of “Murdered” by James Schannep because “Murdered” isn’t your standard book. Schannep employs a unique storytelling technique allowing the reader, by providing alternate options at the end of the chapters, to select how the story will unfold. It’s fascinating and intriguing and I went through different scenarios multiple times just to see how they differed based on my alternate selections. How the story begins is the only consistent element of the story as Schan ...more
Jonas Lee
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating overview
Writing: ★★★★ 1/2
Story: ★★★★
Characters: ★★★ 1/2
Appearance: ★★★★

Overall: ★★★★ (4.0)

---

This book was given to me in a Giveaway.

The story takes place in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil about a tourist who takes the wrong street only to find himself caught up in a murder investigation that winds up involving the local police, US state department and drug dealers. It's a pick your path book where the next pages are based off of your decisions.

The critical points

Writing: James writes quite w
Shelly Wygant
This book is awesome in that you get to pick what is next after every chapter, and the longest chapter I had was 4 or 5 pages. This book is almost like a game where you get to be Sherlock Holmes. I went back to the beginning 3 times before I was happy at where I was headed. Sometimes I knew immediately what I wanted to do and sometimes I just closed my eyes and picked.

Throughout this book I ended up as the murderer (yes hangs my head in shame), I ended up being killed numerous times and in the e
José
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this copy from a giveaway. The book looks promising and it's interesting because you feel like you're playing a game where you make your own decisions and change your path according to what you chose. I just got one good ending and I thought that it was too fast, I think it should be a bit longer so I could enjoy more of the story before trying to get another ending. There were a few portuguese mistakes, but nothing that could change the enjoyment. The book is great and deserve to be ...more
Ellen Harger
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A delightful fun read. I adore the interactive and it's perfect for lovers of thrillers.
I've died twice.
Remi Foliage
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I won!
Yaasha Moriah
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Note: I was contacted by James Schannep, author of MURDERED, and given a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Here is said review.

When I was a kid, I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books. Written in second person (“You step outside and survey the landscape…”), the stories felt as if I lived through them, and at every decision-point, I was given options. “If you choose to follow the strange man, go to page 23. If you choose to stay with your injured teammate, go to page 79
John Gustafson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

Until holodeck technology is perfected, text--with its unlimited casting and special effects budget--will be the most indispensable tool for interactive fiction. The old Choose Your Own Adventure books constitute some great childhood memories for me, even if I can't recall the details of a single story I read. Half the fun was just indulging in the variety of outcomes available, even if that just meant taking the "wrong" paths to meet hilarious and/or gri
Alastair Rosie
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I remember many many years ago, when I was young, reading a book that had multiple endings and you had the option of choosing different paths for a totally different result. As I recall that book was a murder story as well although I can't recall the title of the book. Thus when I saw this book and read the synopsis and a couple of reviews I was intrigued and bought it on a whim.
I wasn't disappointed at all. This is one of those books that utilises modern technology to provide a seamless readin
Andy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Law & Order: Choose Your Own Adventure Unit

In MURDERED, the latest "Click Your Poision" title from James Schannep, you are cast as a vacationer in Rio during Carnivale. As your bad luck would have it, you stumble upon a dead body, an abandoned gun, and a choice. The choice you make will start your adventure into the world of solving crimes in Rio, or it could possibly get you killed. With 3 unique storylines and 50 possible endings you never quite know what your fate will be.
I was a huge fan
J.W. Metcalf
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to J.W. by: James Schannep
I was contacted by the Author of this book and asked if I would like a copy for an honest review. I'm glad he contacted me. I read this book multiple times in one day.

Out of all the books I read this year so far, this was the most entertaining one. It is a choose your own adventure book. I used to love them when I was a kid and when I was offered the chance to read this one I jumped at it.

I went through the book on 5 different occasions.

My first attempt I found a hidden Easter egg.
My second atte
Michelle Hedley
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a child I used to love interactive adventure books where I could decide how the story developed depending on what choices I made. When I stumbled across this book I immediately thought of my childhood and could not resist trying this out for adults! Would it be as good and fun as I remembered?

I was not let down. Almost from the start you are making decisions which takes you into all sorts of directions. Its also very personal as it is YOU that is the person solving the mystery rather than tal
Theresa Needham fehse
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogspot.com

Your on vacation in Rio de Jaeiro, Brazil. In four days the biggest party on earth will be underway, aka the Carnival.

While minding your own business you discover a dead women with a note "pick me up" . . . . . then you ask yourself what do I do . . . Then the story begins . . . .

I was truly captivated with this novel. I wanted to click on all the options and see where the story took me. It was great to be apart of the story and see ho
Maddy
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The author contacted me in order to give an honest review of the book.

A choose-your-own-adventure type book, like the kind from our childhoods, this book was FUN. I have reached many different endings, and would immediately go back to the beginning or to the chapter I was on to take an alternate route. I was certainly engaged! The writing isn't anything special, but it was so fun--it's hard to explain. I THINK I found the best ending, but I honestly might go back in and try one more story line.
Becky Stanley
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I used to love "Choose Your Own Adventures" as a kid, so I was really excited to receive a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway in exchange for my honest review.

This was every bit as fun as I remembered. The story itself was decent, but most of the fun comes from choosing your own path.

I am also excited to see that this is labeled "Click Your Poison #2). Which means there is a #1, which I will be looking for next!
Sanasai
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Amusing. Haven't read a choose your adventure in years. (Well, the NPH autobio, but not a regular fiction one). Found 3 solved endings, and many ends. I'll go back through to make sure I get through all the chapters the awkward way, see what other scenes I may have missed. Nice to start off my KU month with something fun, though.
Christina Westbrooks
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty cool. I used to love reading these as a kid and this one didn't disappoint. It's definitely an adult book and wouldn't be suited for children, but the different twists and turns and the Rio storyline definitely kept me going back for more.
Emily Armstrong
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW.
I honestly think I may have hit around forty endings, seriously, before finally getting the one that didn’t leave me with any remaining questions. I invested so much time in this book. I literally spent thirteen hours reading it yesterday and finished it today. It engulfed me. Last night I was so incredibly frustrated because I kept hitting dead ends. Either dying or “solving” the story but left with so many questions. I actually got to the point I tried to google the ending just so I
Kristie
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
As a kid, I was a huge fan of Choose Your Own Adventure books, so I was excited to come across this CYOA novel for adults. What a phenomenal idea! I enjoyed the nostalgia I felt as I contemplated which path to choose, but after several choices, I became a bit bored. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the storyline that unfolded, but there just wasn't enough character development to make me feel invested in finding out how my adventure would end. Another thing that was off for me was that there is onl ...more
M. C.
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cyoa
I was impressed at how much this read like a thriller adventure in Brazil despite the second person point of view and, of course, the choices. On my first few read-throughs I "solved" the mystery but agreed that I didn't get it quite right and should try again. Although I picked up on a lot of clues to the deeper truth during my read-throughs, I felt that I only accidentally stumbled across the "correct" thread rather than having found it on account of my acquired knowledge. Considering that the ...more
Sue
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: popsugar-2019
So, I got killed at least five times and arrested twice before I found one of the right paths and solved the mystery. The reader is the main character, a tourist in Brazil during Carnival who stumbles across a body. This is a "choose your own adventure" story so you get to pick, usually out of two or three options, where the story goes next.

The plot itself is a bit over the top, but it's fun. The dialogue has a smattering of profanity. The story has some violence, depending on which fork in the
Katherina
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
A choose-your-own adventure for adults. As the main character you make choices impacting the investigation of a murder of a young woman in Brazil. There are many twists and turns, but unfortunately they are, at their best, implausible, and at their worst, cartoonish. There is novelty in the choice, but the book wasn't very good outside of that. I think I would have rather read a regular novel based on the plot.

I used to love choose-your-owns as a kid but the medium did not stand the tests of ti
Pamela N.
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Aimee Dars
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
Normally, I wouldn't pick a "choose your own adventure" book, but it was a prompt in a reading challenge I'm doing this year. In MURDERED: Can YOU Solve the Mystery?, you, the reader, are a tourist during Carnivale who comes upon a dead body. From there, the choices began. I didn't read every single possibility, but I did go through the three endings (good, better, best), and I died a few times.

I don't think it would be easy to write a book that needed to be able to be read in segments and in d
Paige
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've always love those choose-your-own adventure type games, so I was so excited when I learned about a book themed around it. I loved the mystery aspect and the fact that you got to make the choices as you worked towards finding out what's going on. I love books like these because even the most reluctant reader I feel would find it enjoyable, it's sort of like a game in that way.

You really have to kind of have a strategy and know what you're doing. There are little twists throughout and it mak
Jennifer Murphy
Aug 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was just another copy of "Infected"

This was just another copy of "Infected;" which was a really fun book, but I already read it. What a bummer! The preview at the end of the first book had me already engrossed in this "Click Your Poison" murder mystery.

I purchased and downloaded this book twice - thinking the first time was just a glitch - but it turned out to be "Infected" both times.

I hope other readers don't have this problem. These really are fun books to read; and the "Click Your Poi
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Consequential Element
  • The Dutch Blue Error (Brady Coyne, #2)
  • The Dagger Before Me (Persephone Cole Vintage Mystery, #1)
  • Hemingway's Ghost
  • Funscreen
  • Full Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #2)
  • I giovedì della signora Giulia
  • The First 3 Hercule Poirot Mysteries: The Mysterious Affair at Styles / Murder on the Links / Poirot Investigates
  • Keeper of the Keys (Charlie Chan, #6)
  • Shattered
  • If You Go Into The Woods
  • When all the days have gone
  • Voodoo, Ltd. (Arthur Case Wu, #3)
  • The Silent Bullet (Craig Kennedy, Scientific Detective #1)
  • The Extraordinary Adventures of Foundling Mick (Extraordinary Voyages, #39)
  • Raising Unicorns: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Starting and Running a Successful - and Magical! - Unicorn Farm
  • Scheduled to Die (A Carter Mays Mystery #2)
  • Reduced Shakespeare: The Attention-impaired Readers Guide to the World's Best Playwright
One February day, when Hephaestus was hitting on The Muses, they began a playful argument: Is it possible for a mortal man to be *too* creative? What would happen to his primitive brain if it were to suddenly overflow with ideas? Zeus, never one to leave an argument to the fate of mere words, sent a lightning bolt to earth where it struck upon a hapless young man--your author, James Schannep.

Thus

Click Your Poison (4 books)
  • Infected (Click Your Poison, #1)
  • SUPERPOWERED: Are YOU a Superhero or Supervillain? (Click Your Poison, #3)
  • PATHOGENS: Who Will Survive the Zombie Apocalypse? (Click Your Poison, #4)
“Like Mardi Gras and Halloween rolled into a public party at the Playboy mansion, Rio during Carnaval is like no other place on earth. And the freak-flags fly like the color guard of an invading army.” 1 likes