Start by marking “The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)” as Want to Read:
The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)

The Little Android

(The Lunar Chronicles #0.6)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  12,710 ratings  ·  1,384 reviews
The Little Android is a retelling of The Little Mermaid, set in the world of The Lunar Chronicles by New York Times-bestselling author Marissa Meyer.

When android Mech6.0 saves the life of a handsome hardware engineer, her body is destroyed and her mechanics discover a glitch in her programming. Androids aren’t meant to develop impractical reasoning or near-emotional respon
ebook, Free Online Read, 35 pages
Published January 27th 2014 by Wattpad

To ask other readers questions about The Little Android, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cara Ledet
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dee it is in the new book by author. Stars Above. It has all of the short stories. Not just this one. It is a nice look of everyone in the prevous books. …moreit is in the new book by author. Stars Above. It has all of the short stories. Not just this one. It is a nice look of everyone in the prevous books. And some happy endings.
Dee(less)

·  12,710 ratings  ·  1,384 reviews

Start your review of The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)
Natalie Monroe
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't usually give 4 stars to series novellas or, as I like to call them, decimal pieces. But Meyer once again managed to wow me by writing a story that is so completely different from the original fairy tale, yet can stay faithful to it at the same time.

A supposedly emotionless robot falls in love with a human and risks it all to be with him. To see him smile at her.

A wonderful retelling of the The Little Mermaid. And it's not the Disney-fied version either.

This will not happen.

So get your
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Enchanting.

Q:
Like recognizes like. (c)
Q:
The thrumming of electricity warmed her insides. (c)
Q:
The galaxy, she had come to understand, was vast and bright and endless. (c)
Q:
For reasons that didn’t fully compute, she frequently found her sensor seeking him out in the crowd of androids and technicians, and every time she spotted him, her fan did that strange little jump like it had when she’d seen the holograph. (c)
Q:
“Who knows? You hear stories about this once in a while. Androids whose artificial
Daiane
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was just a wonderful fast story. Even with just those pages, Mayer was able to hook me the entire time.
This retelling about Star, an android who is feeling, not what is expect from emotionless programmed robots. She dreams about the universe and going out to explore the outside world.

One day she is dreaming about a mechanic who works at the place when an accident happens and she runs to save him.

And then you must know the story...

“How agonizing it was,this life of silence and yearning
Liz* Fashionably Late
"She would tell him that something in his smile had changed her, back when it shouldn't have been possible for her to be changed. She would tell him that she was the one who had saved his life, because something about him made her unpredictable, and maybe dangerous, and she couldn't exist in a world without him".

BUT, BUT... That ending.

I suspect I'm the only one around here who knows barely nothing about The Little Mermaid story. I mean, I know it's about a mermaid and she must be little? th
Meyer S
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*
This novella is collected in the book Stars Above, among other novellas set in the Lunar Chronicles universe.
However, i decided to write a separate review for it.

This novella (which is a retelling of the little mermaid) really stood out for me. Mainly because it revolves around a whole new set of characters, unlike the other novellas which are about the characters that we usually see in the story.
It was an engaging story, with a really interesting concept, and i wish it was a littl
Fenia
How is it possible that even small novellas are so perfect? How do you do it Marissa? HOW? This is a Little Mermaid re-tailing. I loved it so much. It was beautifully written and incredibly sad as the the "true story" is. ♥ ...more
Jenni
I'm in tears right now! A perfect re-telling of the little mermaid! It was so sad yet it was also equally beautiful. I will never forget Star and her beautiful "heart"! At least she can be one with the stars and the universe. Marissa did a great job once again and I can't wait for Cress! ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I enjoyed this more than the main Lunar Chronicles novels. I didn't think it'd be interesting at all - I've never really liked the Little Mermaid fairy tale so I wasn't expecting to enjoy a retelling of it. The story turned out to be rather moving and bittersweet, and the characters were quite good too.

I was actually glad the MC (Mech6.0/Star) ended up dying/switching off — it seemed like she was on the verge of turning into a homicidal bunny boiler… So yea, she needed to die before she
Melanie
0.5.) Glitches ★★★

You can read this for free on Wattpad.

This short just seemed so sad. Hopefully the full books will touch more on this story or at least Miko, but as a stand-alone novella it was just a little too depressing for me. Definitely the saddest The Little Mermaid retelling I've ever read. Very, very heartbreaking.

I did love (grown up) Cinder's cameo. I also loved the new information that there is a cyborg draft going on that is skewed towards female cyborgs (like Cinder). I'm sure th
Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆[5/10]

Thoroughly disappointed. I was beginning to wonder if Marissa Meyer was ever going to tell us about Iko's love life. She let me down. "Androids can fall in love and have a happy ending"- That is just a wishful thinking.

How and where do Miko and Star and Dataran fit in this story?

description
Quintin Zimmermann
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A poignant re-telling of the Little Mermaid tale, Marissa Meyer style. She truly is in her element as she hones her craft and this beautiful little gem is the result of her considerable talents.
Glitterbomb
A very sweet and poignant retelling of The Little Mermaid. I was a teeny, tiny bit disappointed this wasn't about Iko, but it was a lovely read none the less! ...more
Rashika (is tired)
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Take whatever is left of my heart, Marissa.
HERE
*shoves it at her*

Miko and Dataran are why Cinder and Kai need a happy ending. Why I NEED to see them happy. I want to hear Kai tell Cinder the same thing. I want one of my all time favorite ships to finally get the HEA they so badly deserve.
Csenge
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I am a professional storyteller, and ever since I can remember (probably since the Japanese animated version of my childhood) I have always hated the Little Mermaid with a burning passion.
Until now.
That's really all I need to say.
[Shai] Bibliophage
Even Star is an Android, she made a huge sacrifice for the person she loves. Even if it makes her alone or miserable, she thought it would be better to see that the one she loves would be happy. I'm very contented with this short novella and it just shows that there could be chances for Androids, like the case of Star and Miko, to feel just like an ordinary human being. ...more
Aya
Aug 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I didn't get what was happening along this story.
And it was so dull.
Andrea!
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
aw :( this made me sad
Mary
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Can be read right here:

Unbelievable how much story and character Meyer can put in such a short story. Bittersweet ending, but I like how Star sort-of got her happy ending anyway :)
jesse📚
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
did i just cry on a novella about ANDROIDS??? what the fuck Marissa Meyer

Full review coming up in Stars Above
Sonja Arlow
This is a teeny tiny little novella that forms part of the Lunar Cornicles series. Like with all books in this series the author takes a fairy tale (this time The little mermaid) and transforms it into something unique.

Its not necessary to read this to understand the main characters better but it was a nice little palate cleanser between books.
Ashley
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fareya
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairytales
Beautiful, wistful and heartbreaking. A retelling of "The Little Mermaid" seamlessly blended in the sci-fi world of Cyborgs and Androids. Marissa Meyer's writing style is simply exquisite and she only needed less than fifty pages to create a sad yet appealing tale. ...more
Franci
#57 of 2020

Wow, I absolutely loved this!!!
Katerina  Kondrenko
5 out of 10

I recognized The Little Mermaid story) This bonus is quite sad and I'll never be tired of saying how brilliant Marissa Meyer mixes up old fairytales with a sci-fi-ish future. If you're into the Lunar Chronicles world, you definitely have to read this.

The Lunar Chronicles (Лунные хроники):
Erica Ravenclaw
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆

No Spoilers!

Can be found here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/11861703...

I really enjoyed this rendition of The Little Mermaid in Meyers world filled with androids, cyborgs and space ships!
Nalani
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindel
This short story was cute and satisfying for my Winter craving. I recommend it for everyone.
La Coccinelle
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Full disclosure: I haven't read the entire Lunar Chronicles series. I stopped after slogging through Scarlet because I just wasn't enjoying the books. This short story highlights some of my issues with the main series, and adds a couple more.

Meyer's insistence on calling all small robots "androids" still drives me to distraction. An android is, by definition, a robot that has a human-like form. From what I can tell, Mech6.0 is not human-like at all in the beginning (nor was Iko in the main serie
Fiona✨
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
what a bittersweet little story
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

I've enjoyed all of Marissa Meyers short stories in her fairytale re-imagined world. This follows the traditional fairytale and not Disney's version so it was beautiful and bittersweet. Her creativity always astounds me.

Of all the short stories Wolf's is still my favorite in The Queen's Army but if you have a little time it is free right now so give it a read through.

• The Witch of Duva (Grishaverse, #0.5)
  • Little Knife (Grishaverse, #2.6)
  • The Too-Clever Fox (Grishaverse, #2.5)
  • The Tailor (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1.5)
  • The Epilogue (The Selection, #3.1)
  • The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • The Demon in the Wood (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
  • The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
  • Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1)
  • The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)