Start by marking “Revving Her Up (Full Throttle)” as Want to Read:
Revving Her Up (Full Throttle)

Revving Her Up

(Full Throttle #1)

Sarah Katz’s career as a New York lawyer is in high gear—and the stress has left her hormones sputtering. With strict doctor’s orders to relax, she books the cure: a spa vacation in the cool, green mountains of Virginia.

When a pothole sends her Porsche to the side of the road, she finds herself stuck in small-town Rapture. She’d love nothing more than to blow this Hicksvil
Published January 15th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Revving Her Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revving Her Up

Mandi Schreiner
Sarah is a successful and very busy lawyer in New York city who has had strict instructions to drive into Virginia to an out of the way spa for some rest and relaxation. But her stress is not going to go away, as she is in the middle of nowhere in Virginia and her very fancy car hits a pothole and breaks down. Fortunatly for her, a sexy man in tight jeans stops to help.

This sexy man is Cole Cassidy. She assumes he is just a regular mechanic, but she soon learns he is a car engineer who builds an
Jillian Stein
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

This is the debut novella from author Joy Daniels and let me tell you…..I finished this story last night, in one sitting, and am STILL daydreaming about Cole almost 24 hours later! Whoa, this is one hell of a read!

Sarah Lange is on a mission to get some R & R. She’s ditching her high stress job as an attorney in NYC for some spa time to decompress and try to get back to center. Not only has the stress of her job had her working way too many hours, but
Heather in FL
This was a sweet, hot story. Sarah is on her way from her job as an attorney in NYC to a spa for some prescribed relaxation when her Porsche breaks down in the middle of nowhere in Virginia. The only guy in town who can fix it is Cole. She thinks he's just a mechanic until he takes her to his gorgeous home which was built with money he earned designing engines for big-name race car drivers. Her awe over his home raises Cole's hackles because his ex-girlfriend was all about the money, totally not ...more
Carole-Ann
This was a hot, sweet, short story which I wish was LONGER!! So really 3.5 stars (considering a very special scene!)

We have Sarah, a stressed-out New York lawyer, driving her Porsche to a spa for a relaxing vacation, when she hits a pot-hole, ruining her tyres, in a podunk little town of Rapture (doesn't that give it away??)

Cole, a car mechanic (and a lot more we discover as the story unfolds), sees her and offers help. He is the epitome of a sexy, slow-talking hunk of a true Southern man, and I
MissyGirl
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen, every cliche phrase you could insert here about being "revved up" is absolutely warranted!!!!! This was SO. FREAKING. HOT!!!!! Cole is absolutely going into the category of smoking hot book boyfriends!!! He was a perfect match for Sarah and I loved his ability to be a speed demon and yet a slow, sensual lover. Mmmmmm...... ;)
I also appreciated Sarah's issues as I think so many women today are struggling with this! If only there were a "Cole" to solve every problem. :)

I've never been a f
Lyla Bellatas
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read this! I woke up early on Mother's day and by the time my husband and daughter were awaking I had the finish line in sight. What a fun ride! Especially loved the racing theme and the inclusion of a woman racer especially since I am. :-D Cole was definitely sexy. Can't wait to read Full Throttle #2!
Liz F
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Evie at www.Evie-Knight.com

Review copy courtesy of the publisher

Revving Her Up appears to be the first book in a new series by Joy Daniels. I say "appears" because its listed as "Full Throttle #1" but there are no other books listed after this one. I seriously hope this author continues on with this series because it was a lot of fun!

First, as always, is the heroine, Sarah. I tried to like her, I really, really did! She's supposed to seem like this brash, up-tight New York City atto
Rahab
Sarah Lange is a lawyer in New York City who, due to medical reasons, needs a vacation. She decides the location of her very much needed getaway will be a spa in Virginia. Unfortunately, her car breaks down in the middle of the road in a small southern town known as Rapture. While awaiting the tow track, she meets Cole Cassidy, a stock car mechanic who stops to help her. Her journey to the spa might have been derailed but she doesn’t know that she is about to embark on another new kind of journe ...more
Shari
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Katz is in a little bit of a slump. Not in her career as a high powered attorney, but in the bedroom. Orgasms seem to be hard for her to achieve, so a doctor recommends a little RNR. Heading out in her Porsche for a spa in Virginia, she is derailed when her car hits a pothole from Hell. Stuck in a small town called Rapture, where Porsche parts aren’t easy to obtain.

Cole Cassidy has done the high city living and nothing compares to Rapture. After a bad relationship goes bad with a woman mor
Daisy Sloan
WOW!! I loved this story from the very beginning. Right away Joy Daniels grabbed my attention and kept it through the entire book.

Sarah is a lawyer from New York on her way to a spa in Virginia. Cold is a small town boy who builds race car engines. When Sarah's Porshe breaks down in Cole's hometown, he steps in to help her, in more ways than one!

Short stories often have a problem of character development. There's not much time to build the characters and move the story along. Joy Daniels had no
Beate
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, but incredibly hot read. A little too quick. We never really get to find out what issues, other than a crazy ex, Cole struggles with. The author keeps hinting at there being more, but the story ends abruptly and we're left hanging.

Sarah is a stressed out, overworked New Yorker, on the chase after her elusive 'O'. After some back and forth, she finally finds it in the very capable hands of Cole. But again, just as the story is progressing, and we're getting to a place where Sarah has fou
Krissys
I was relieved when a friend passed this book on to me because for the first time in nearly a year someone finally suggested an Erotica that wasn't YA or NA geared. I have got so burned out on teeny bopper sex books that its ridiculous.
That being said I almost didn't finish the book because the author did so well making me dislike Sarah however I stuck with it because hey, hard to find good writing in Erotica these days.
So Sarah finds her way to her very own country boy - or man that is- and t
Angie Klug
The only thing wrong with this story....it ended too quickly!!

Sarah & Cole, what a crazy perfect couple. He's exactly what she needs...and she's exactly what can heal him. And they have fate to thank for their coincidental introduction.

Her job stress has sent her on a trip south for a Spa vacation...when she finds herself stranded on the side of the road with car trouble, luckily a gorgeous race car engineer comes to the rescue! And what a 'RIDE' he takes her on!

Hot & Steamy!!

Joy Daniels
Desiree
This book has some very sexy moments. Definite butterflies a few times, but the story wasn't phenomenal. I thought things moved a little fast, and the heroine was a bit unlikable much of the time. I especially didn't like the abrupt ending, but that was because somehow I didn't notice this was a serial novel. I hate it when I get click happy and start reading a from a series that isn't finished yet. I don't like waiting for the next installment, by that time I've forgotten who everyone is, what ...more
Louisa Bacio
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an appropriate setting – Rapture. When Sarah’s “fancy foreign” Porsche breaks down in the middle of nowhere, she’s more than lucky to be saved by the one man who can not only fix her car, but some of her hang-ups.

Cole’s appropriately sexy. After spending part of my youth at racetracks, I could totally relate to the type and engage in a bit of fantasy.

Joy’s writing is fresh, not forced, and she offers touching, complex characters. I’ll definitely be reading more from this debut author.
Anna
This book didn't work for me at all. Too short, not much of a plot, no secondary characters and the main ones were completely underdeveloped and with no substantial background. Although Sarah's problem was interesting the solution to it came way too quickly and easy ruining what was the best aspect of the book for me. Not a bad book just a big fat mehhhh. Should have spent my time reading something else.
Evie Owens
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah and Cole's story is a fast read. Their conflict is tight and the sexual tension is hot. I loved the descriptions of Rapture, Virginia. Loved the details about racing car mechanics and from the second Cole takes her out to the track, I couldn't put it down. I'll be looking for more from Joy Daniels, that's for sure!
Jen Greyson
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my holy hottness. This book goes full throttle from the starting line! I didn't mean to read it all in one sitting, but I absolutely couldn't put it down. The writing is tight, the characters are very well developed and the plot is feasible. I was actually bummed when the book ended.

Highly highly recommend if you're looking for some classy, well-written erotica.
Christine
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I narrated this wonderful debut novella of author Joy Daniels and it was great fun to do! Well written story line and very hot sex scenes :-)

Currently, for sale on The Audiobookshop.com (http://www.theaudiobookshop.com/cgi-b... ) and soon to be on Audible, Amazon and other retail sites.
May 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
short story about a city girl and a country guy that meet... and have amazing sex.
Pretty good read. Ready to read more from this author.
Alisa
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars :0) Great story. Just didn't get the ending?
Jessie Cope
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a page turner. It was hot and sexy and I definitely need more!
caren
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holy-dirty
Kind of boring... I was hoping for more. All I got was meh.
Sizzling Hot Books
Come see the full review here at: http://sizzlinghotbooks.com/revving-h...
Tingl
Sep 11, 2013
Jennifer Allison
Jan 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Racy Reads: FREE Samhain contemp erotic romance - looking for AMAZON reviews 4 16 May 11, 2013 06:28PM