Start by marking “Reborn (Altered, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reborn (Altered, #3)

Reborn

(Altered #3)

The Branch is in shambles, but Anna, Sam, Cas, and Nick can't rest easy. Remnants of the organization lurk unseen, and the flashbacks of their old lives are only getting stronger--especially Nick's.

Following scattered memories and clues from his Branch file, Nick sets off alone in search of answers--and the girl who haunts his dreams. But the sleepy town where she lives is
Published January 6th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published December 24th 2014)

Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Heir by Kiera CassEnd of Days by Susan Ee
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
2,185 books — 12,332 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasReturn to Me by Kelly MoranA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasLiars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
2015 Releases
753 books — 1,453 voters

More lists with this book...

Joshua
Feb 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
GIVE ME THIS OR GIVE ME MY DEATH. (Btw, Sam is good but Anna, SHE NEEDS TO BE WITH NICK!)

Edit: 03-10-14
JESUS CHRIST THAT COVER GAVE ME BOTH LIFE AND DEATH
Alexa
Apr 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Cierra
*WARNING* MULTIPLE-GIF RANT BELOW
When I first started reading this and realized that Anna and Nick were NOT going to end up together, I was all like:

Then, as I went on, I noticed something: I actually LIKED Elizabeth. So I let it go and just enjoyed the awesomeness that accompanied being inside Nick's beautiful head. When I finished the book, I was okay for about two seconds before I realized that this was the"last" one!

Not okay! What about Riley?! What about Trev, Cas, and Chloe? Don't they des
Morel Dei
Apr 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Edited: 10/04/14
"...Nick sets off alone in search of answers and in search of the girl who haunts his dreams."

So this means there will be a new character whose role is to be Nick's love interest and it's not going to be Anna? :( I don't know, man... Should I still bother picking it up? Having a new character appear to play a lead role at the last book of the trilogy doesn't sound much of a good idea.

------
Gahhh! I hope this alternating POV isn't a sign that Anna will die.

Also, even if the au
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This book! Oh this book! To say I’m a huge cheerleader of the Altered series is basically an understatement. When I first read Altered I was blown away by it and still think it is one of the most underrated books out there. Read it people! Read it! And then I read Erased and I was 100% hooked. There was something special about these boys, Sam, Cas, Trev and Nick, and Anna. I wanted to learn more about all of them. We learned about Sam in Altered and Anna in Erased. But we also got a deeper glimp ...more
Maria Bergras
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Oh my god, I can't wait!
But oh my god, people. What the hell is this nonsense with Anna and Nick? She's suppose to end up with Sam damn it! It's not that I don't like Nick, it's just that Anna and Sam is perfect for each other. Jennifer, if you let Nick be with Anna, I'm gonna cry! I've never liked triangles, they're so fucking awful. So Jennifer, don't you dare start now.

Please don't make Anna with Nick!! If that happens then I'm gonna kick some butt!
Joy (joyous reads)
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Sometimes, my reading preference is highly irregular and mostly, sporadic. A mystery/suspense book like this has to catch me on a good day; a day when I’m in need of something that elevates my heart rate without moving off the couch. This book certainly had its moments. But it wasn’t nearly as suspenseful as the first two books. Regardless, it was still a satisfactory instalment featuring Nick. He was every bit as mysterious and cranky as I remembered him to be: troublemaker, brusque and slightl ...more
Haley
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so worried that Erased was the final book. It was so short!!! There was no cliff hanger!
I am so happy to hear that there's a 3rd book because I need more Sam, Nick, Cas and Anna in my life. They're like some of the best characters ever.

Update: Jan 25, 2015: I read the book.

Reborn is the finale to the Altered Saga, with the exception of an upcoming e-novella. Instead of Anna’s perspective, we get Nick’s and a girl named Elizabeth. It’s definitely different and unexpected. The previous boo
Andrea
May 13, 2014 marked it as dying-to-read
Personally, I'm rooting for Nick, but I feel that despite the connection and feelings Anna and Nick shared in the past, so far, we've only ever seen Anna love Sam. Not once has she expressed any romantic feelings for Nick in the present day. I agree, she does love him, but I feel now it's more familial love than anything else. If they do end up together, it would feel forced and contrived, unless something BIG happens.
However, based on the synopsis for Nick's POV, it seems that he might fall fo
ABookishGift Reviews (Max)
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

I honestly don't know what to say. I've been looking for an action/thriller series for a while now and this is it. This is the series. I still have to read the novellas (Betrayed, Forged and Played, I believe) but... wow. That was one hell of a ride.

This book was about Nick. As much as I want a whole frigging 300 book series on Cas (he's so cute, isn't he? 8'D), I do have to admit that this book was so freaking amazing with his point of view. It was amazingly structured and I loved the
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Reborn will probably be one of the year's biggest disappointments for me. Not only have I enjoyed the first two books in the series, about genetically altered teenage boys, but knowing this focused on one character in particular made my expectations skyrocket. Nick - quiet, brooding, lethal Nick - has always stood out to me; there was just something about him that made me want to know more. Most of his past had yet to be explored, and I desperately wanted to know why he was so angry, what made h ...more
Irma
Feb 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
Yay a tiny synopsis!!! And it's in two point I've views!! I hope the Nick is the other one. I really like Sam with Anna but Nick and Anna have liked each other since they were young and I just really love Nick!!!! I hope Anna ends up with Nick! Can't wait for this book!
Giselle
Well it was a nice addition especially because we get to read Nick's story but it still didn't answer the overall question as to why they altered these teens in the first place.
Danika
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-series
I'm so disappointed :'(

update: the more I think about this book, the angrier I get
Leah
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really can't explain how much I love this series. I didn't hesitate to read it and I have no regrets. Jennifer Rush has really outdone herself with this series! I cannot praise it enough!!

I love Sam and his protectiveness, I love Cas and his Happy-Go-Luckyness, and I love Nick for his grumpy, softieness. And I am happy that Trev is back, (on probation) Because I did love the way he treated Anna like a sister in the first book Altered.

Now I know this book is about Nick, but I just feel that I s
Charlene
Jan 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Okay - in general I'm a really nice reader.
If I didn't enjoy a book I usually don't feel the need to share my opinion with everyone ...
I rate the book and move on, starting the next book. I don't like to ramble about how much I hated some of the characters, the storyline or the writing style. It's just not what I do.

Today's the day everything changes 'cause this book was so terrifically bad, that I want to say a few things.
Also: please excuse my language but this just makes me super angry.

So
Nadia
Okay I am pissed now.

Bravo Ms. Rush, for turning me against one of my favorite series.

I wanted to know Nick's story, by which I mean his past, not his now, where he goes after a girl because he has to know he hasn't killed her (Really Nick, really? You've killed hundred others and knowing this one girl wasn't killed by your hands will give you salvation? Mindfreak!).

This is a freaking filler book. I absolutely detest filler books. Nothing even happens for the first 70% of the book, other than th
Teri
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
So...to be honest, this book wasn't bad, but I was so completely and totally disappointed I don't even know what to say. I am trying to be fair in my rating, the author has every right to write the story she wants, but...it wasn't the story I wanted. At all. And Nick...I had moments of true disgust. Not that he had to be perfect, hell I think that's why I liked him the moment I met him, he was rude and surly and suspicious, totally my kind of guy. I was not happy with the direction this story to ...more
Vicki
I love this book and I love Jennifer Rush! This one is told in two POV's: Nick and Elizabeth. Nick goes searching for this girl who he keeps having flashbacks about and there ends up being so much action toward the end of the book in particular. I didn't know who to trust, who was good and who was bad. I doubted Chloe, Sarah, Trev, and others. I won't tell you why or what the end result was.

We learn a lot about Nick and Elizabeth's childhood. Neither had a good childhood. From Nick's father bea
Clara
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I just hated the ending!
Sunaholy
I really want Anna with Nick! I had never feel the connection between Sam and Anna to be honest, and she has a past with Nick.

*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Jules, Elsbeth and I are planning ahead ... January BR (upon release)!!

"And we hold out hope for Anna being with Nick!! Fingers crossed!" - Julie, I even quoted you ;-).
Abida's Book Adventures
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These books keep getting better and better! Each one is filled with more action scenes than the last book, but when will these guys finally destroy the Branch and move on with their lives.
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

ACTUAL RATING: 3.5 Stars

MY THOUGHTS
I was actually disappointed by this book. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Nick has been having flashbacks of a past he can't remember. All featuring a girl covered in blood. Nick is wondering who the girl is and if the Branch made him hurt her, or worse, so he heads out to look for her.
Elizabeth is haunted by a kidnapping that happened to her years ago, and ended in the death of her
Maggie
Jun 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
The wise words of one Charlie Sheen

description

Even though Sam is my number one man, i can't wait to discover more about Nick. He always so illusive, god damn beautiful bastard
Hannah
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-scifi, ya-thriller
I wanted to love this because I love Nick, but ultimately I couldn't stand Elizabeth. So ... Yeah. It killed the book for me. And it just didn't feel like this book was part of the series.

I still love Jenn Rush and will try anything she writes, but this one didn't work for me.
Katie Latta
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Anyone else really wish that Dani was alive?
Hiba
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Next book..Pls come out fast from your lazy hole .. .Because of your slow pace of release..other people are getting affected badly..
The Mood Reader
Why do I have to wait this looooooong. Like, actually! I need some more Nick, Sam, and Cas in my life <3

And Anna too, she's pretty cool.

• Twist (Loop, #2)
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • The Human (The Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Transcendent (Denazen, #4)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
  • The Isle (The Ward, #2)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Infected
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
Jennifer Rush lives in a little town on the shoreline of Lake Michigan with her husband and two children. She grew up wanting to be an Egyptologist, but realized she hated the desert and declared herself a writer instead. She won her first writing award in the fourth grade (a Mickey Mouse pencil was the prize) and has been crafting stories ever since. In her free time, she likes to read, Photoshop ...more

Altered (3 books)
  • Altered (Altered, #1)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
“Oceans are vast and almost bottomless. You dance in the rain Elizabeth. You drown in the sea.” 24 likes
“You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.” 7 likes