Start by marking “Cobra Strike (Sports Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cobra Strike (Sports Mystery, #3)

Cobra Strike (Sports Mystery #3)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
After discovering tainted water in the creek near his grandmother's cabin in the Kentucky hills, senior Roy Linden slowly uncovers a connection between his high school team's new star quarterback, his own football future, and the source of the pollution. Roy Linden should be thrilled. His high school football team, the Johnstown Striking Cobras, just got a new quarterback, ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Orca Book Publishers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Cobra Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cobra Strike

Bradley Boone
The book Cobra Threat by Sigmund Brouwer is about a boy in high school that plays football and he has a stuttering problem his coach makes fun of him sometimes. He is trying to fix his stuttering problem.

In the beginning of the book linden was late to football practice because he was in the science lab. When he got to practice he watched his coaches because he was trying to sneak into the lines without the coaches seeing him. Both of the coaches had a Pepsi can. But 1 had tobacco spit in it whic
Leah Good
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Roy Linden's stutter keeps him from making friends, but he can't blame it for keeping him from a football scholarship. His problem in that area is the fact that their high school quarterback can't throw, and the team isn't winning games. When Waymen Whitley, star quarterback, comes to town, Roy finds a good teammate and a friend who is willing to look past his stutter. When a major problem comes to his attention, will Roy risk a scholarship and his friendship to reveal a corrupt business?

This i
Grant Ugolini
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
because i thought it would be goodfor me it took PLACE in high school. roy linden he was on a footballteam and made new friends and he had trouble with his woords.he won some games and he felt good inside.i really enjoyed it because roy linden made a lot of cool friends in high school.
Mark Zedrick
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a boy named Roy that is a senior that was slowly to have connections to the high school football teams. I like this book because it is sports and I love football too and it is also my favorite. Also, when he was the star quarterback at their school. I recommend this book to the people that love football and it is very good.
King30
Feb 24, 2017 added it
bn ,h
Oluwagbotemi Balogun

The characters in this book are ; Roy Linden
Waymen Whitley
Gram
The Johnstown Striking Cobras team
This book is set in the small town of Johnstown .
The book is about a young high school player who plays football for his school and they just got a star quarterback who may or may not help them win the season. He finds out about this deadly coal-mining danger at his Gram’s house that may cost him his football career.
I think the book is a good book because it is full of suspense and interesting.
The
Tarissa
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an intriguing story! Filled with lots of action going on, young people are sure to love it. It's about a high-schooler, Ray Linden. He has a stuttering problem; people make fun of him. He's on the school football team. Usually his teammates treat him okay and stand up for Ray. It's the coach that has a problem with Ray and doesn't mind publicly showing his feelings towards him. Ray doesn't mind what his coach thinks... he just wants his team to win the season, and hopefully even win a schol ...more
Cash
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Roy Linden stutters and it keeps him from taking to any one so he doesn't really have friends. But he is a great football player on a horrible team. The team is horrible because there quarterback can not throw a ball. Finally when Waymen Whitley a star quarterback comes in they finally start to win games and Roy is just getting better and better. Also through out the rest of the season Roy is know getting scouted from colleges along with Waymen. But also Waymen also because Roy's best friend and ...more
Brandon Munoz
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading Cobra Strike about a boy named Linden that had a stuttering problem. I truly enjoyed this book for 2 reasons: 1) I read a book about a kid that stuttered before this it was called Paperboy and I compared both of them during the reading in how they lived differently with a stutter problem , and that gave me a better understanding of the book. 2) It taught me a good lesson through out the book. I would recommend this book to someone that enjoys reading about sports mystery
Katherine
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book is called Cobra Strike. It is written by Sigmund Brouwer. It is a really good book and I would recommend you read it too because I enjoyed reading it very much. It is a bout a football player with a really bad stutter. One of his coaches makes fun of him for it and teases him for it. The whole team hates that he makes fun of him like that though. But what you didn't know is that this football loves science and finds that there is something in the water that is killing animals in his tow ...more
Jack.S
Nov 11, 2015 added it
It's about a boy named Roy that should be happy for his team. They got a new quarterback and they got a chance for a winning season. He also has a chance at a scholarship for linden the teams senior receiver. But then he finds a secret a small coal mining place. That can cost him and his best friends careers.
Grant Leonard
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good sports book. It was very interesting the whole time and because the main character Roy Linden was in high school I could relate better. If you like football it this is a good book for you. I would recommend it to any sports fan.
Pysen Kinchiro
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is about Roy. Roy is a high school football player. He found out about the team there is a star football player. Now he has a chance to win a season. I like this book because I like football like him.
Devon Russell
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cobra strike was a good book.
Ryan
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Read this YA fiction with a student... just terrible. Truly terrible.

Alex Worcester
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
good book
Sam Hall
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It is one of the best books I have ever read.
Joey
EVAN ASH
Mar 31, 2016
Mary
Jul 28, 2009
Sigmund is married to songwriter recording artist Cindy Morgan. The couple and their two young daughters divide their time between Red Deer, Alberta and Nashville, Tennessee. He loves going to schools to get kids excited about reading, reaching roughly 80,000 students a year through his Rock&Roll Literacy Show.
More about Sigmund Brouwer...

Sports Mystery (6 books)
  • Maverick Mania (Sports Mystery, #1)
  • Tiger Heat (Sports Mystery, #2)
  • Titan Clash (Orca Sports)
  • Scarlet Thunder