Start by marking “The Second Thief” as Want to Read:
The Second Thief

The Second Thief

When Tom stepped onto the plane, he knew he was making a choice that would change his life. But he had no idea how much. Author Travis Thrashersays, "The Second Thief is a story about a man who survives a plane accident and has a second chance at life. As he runs from his present mistakes while making amends for past ones, he comes to grips with his own lack of faith."

Published January 1st 2003 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Second Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Thief

Start your review of The Second Thief
Angela
Feb 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: good-riddance
Karen Jose
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
A good book with a truly sad ending since I had grown to love the character despite his mistakes. Not sure if something like this (the ending) would happen in the real world but then again our God is the God of the Impossible.
Melissa Lee
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4
Deborah
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After committing a felony, Tom Ledger boards a plane that changes his life forever. He escapes the crash with his life, but he can't seem to escape the mistakes of the past. Wondering why he lived and the man who sat beside him did not, Tom re-evaluates his life. What he sees is not much of a life; disconnected to his family and leaving the only girl he ever loved. In his climb up the corporate ladder, he has disregarded anything and everything that means anything to him. And somehow, he has ...more
Sara Diane
Aug 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2008, reviewed
I got this book because it was a) a paperback and b) it sounded slightly interesting. After reading it, I would say if it wasn't a library copy, I would have used it for a firestarter. Thrasher had a bad habit of always calling his character by name (Tom did this, Tom did that) and the writing wasn't anything special. The whole premise of the book is negated when he pulls a "it was really just a dream or a glimpse and now I'm going to show you what he does with it" at the end that is left ...more
Lynnda Ell
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
From the theft in the first chapter to the miraculous twist at the end, The Second Thief kept me turning the pages. When a horrific plane crash leads a thief to reconnect with his old life while leaving his dangerous new life on hold, only Divine intervention can lead to the happily-never-after ending.
Dan
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how I feel about the big twist at the end of this book. I know God can move mountains, but I just feel like it took a little away from the true conversion that the main character was going through.
Dawn
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
In true Thrasher form, once I started I had to keep reading until the end.
Rick
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Hard to get my head around the twist at the end, but this may deserve a '3'
Randy Alcorn
May 01, 2012 added it
Shelves: fiction
Travis Thrasher’s thought-provoking story will cause you to take a fresh look at the second chances we get every day. The Second Thief is well-written, moving, and full of perspective.
Dustin Foutz
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
In short, The Second Thief captures what life is really all about. A very well written and impactful story. My 16th Thrasher novel. 3 stars = good
Dorothy
Jun 22, 2014
Dina
Mar 31, 2012
Kate
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Goodbye Is Not Forever
  • Suspect (Joseph O'Loughlin, #1)
  • The Veritas Conflict
  • The High King (The Chronicles of Prydain, #5)
  • A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming
  • Illusion
  • Trinity: Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1)
  • Redwall (Redwall, #1)
  • How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Jimmy
  • Lost (Joseph O'Loughlin #2)
  • In My Uncle's House (Light Line Series)
  • Blessings
  • The Innocents
  • Evergreen
  • Death at Devil's Bridge (Kathryn Ardleigh, #4)
  • From Biba's Italian Kitchen
  • Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body
Bestselling author Travis Thrasher has written over 50 books, spanning genres in fiction, nonfiction and children’s literature. His inspirational stories have included collaborations with filmmakers, musicians, athletes, celebrities and pastors.

With the childhood goal of pursuing a writing career starting in third grade, Thrasher worked for 13 years at Tyndale House Publishers after graduating