Start by marking “Veiled (Bone Secrets, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Veiled (Bone Secrets, #3.5)

Veiled

(Bone Secrets #3.5)

When a dead body turns up in the hot tub at a high-end resort on the rugged Oregon Coast, forensic investigator Lacey Campbell and her fiancé, Jack Harper, realize their vacation is over.

Tragically, the dead woman is dressed in a wedding gown, even more disturbing for Lacey since she’s about to become a bride. When the victim turns out to be a popular bartender with a bad

Published December 4th 2013 by StoryFront

To ask other readers questions about Veiled, please sign up.

Start your review of Veiled (Bone Secrets, #3.5)
Selene
Singular POV, third-person, likable characters. The writing style was simple and the mystery aspect intriguing, but this story was just OK. Nothing really stood out for me.
Robin
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
While searching for a wedding venue, Lacey Campbell and Jack Harper are visiting a high-end resort on the Oregon Coast when they discover a body in the hot tub. The victim is Patty Marino, a local woman who tends bar in town. Her body was found dressed in a wedding dress and floating facedown in the hot tub. The local police chief is a friend of Jack. Since he only has officers on his staff, he asks Jack and Lacey to help him with the investigation.

Jack and Lacey were the hero and heroine from K
A solid novella. Decent plot development for a short work and no sex which was appreciated. I liked the two MCs more in this one than in their main book. Lol.
Diane
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even though I don't like novellas, this one was well worth the read. From a picturesque view of the Pacific from the coast of Oregon, to the wooded outlying area to the east. Action from the very start and a well written murder mystery. I didn't guess who the villain was so that was a nice surprise for me. No serial killer this time, but it wasn't needed to make this a good read.

2 thumbs up and 4.5 stars (it's a novella is why I can't give it 5 stars)
Delta
Several glaring inconsistencies should have been caught by beta readers of Veiled, which would hopefully include some with law enforcement and medical experience due to the nature of the series.

(view spoiler)
Paula  Phillips
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lately, I seem to have got back onto a mystery kick, and I love it. It's funny as it's not till you start reading a particular genre that you haven't in a while that you discover how much you love it. I was in the mood for a Kendra Elliot, so picked one of her short stories which I have had sitting on my Kindle for again years. The other thing that I love about this book is the cover. All of Kendra Elliot's Bone Secrets have similar covers which appeal to me. In Veiled, Jack and Lacey are ready ...more
Rellim
Audible. Also available to borrow ebook/audio in KU. Honestly, I don't think I'd recommend purchasing the audio, even for die-hard fans of the series. While the book itself was good, especially for such a short novella ~ the narration left a lot to be desired.

Entirely from Lacy's POV ~ this is a quick little update on Jack & Lacy from Hidden (Book 1 of the Bone Secrets series) as well as tossing in a little mystery/suspense. It's a fun addition but the narrator detracts quite a bit. I'm not sur
Pennie Morgan
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was short and sweet, well with a dead body or two not so sweet, but with Jack and Lacey at a resort contemplating a destination wedding it was intriguing. A body is discovered in a hot tub with a wedding veil and that sets it all off. Lacey cannot leave it alone and, of course, Jack knows everyone involved. Twists and turns and Lacey is briefly kidnapped and I really enjoyed this one!
Darcy
It's crazy how this weekend away ended for Lacey and Jack. In a way it was good they were there to help, but it sucked that they had to go through that.
Soo
Jun 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

Short story format is not a strong point.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
This is the first book in this series I've read. I read it for a reading challenge. But I liked the two MCs and am now curious about the rest of the series. Quick read, basic murder mystery.
ShoSho
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, x-2017, own
Short but good

Surprisingly good for a short novella. A good mystery with enough background info and characters to make it intresting and unpredictable.
Lise
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short story,,love the ending, couldnt figure out who did it until revealed, nice to revisit characters we saw before,
Vickie
Dec 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Is it happy never after for Jack & Lacey?
The Bone Secrets books have started to grow on me and having finished the third book in the series, Buried, I was quite excited to get stuck into Kendra Elliot's short story, Veiled. It features Jack and Lacey who we met in the first book, Hidden. The love birds are spending the weekend at a hotel in Seaport that specialises in boutique weddings. Whilst contemplating the merit of the hotel as a wedding venue they discover a floating bride in the resort po
Liljerk22
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This is a novella, book 3.5 in the Bone Secrets Novel series. This is the second book I've read from Author Kendra Elliot. Once again I was wowed by her writing. Even though it is book 3.5, I read it second, after Hidden (first in the series). There are no spoilers to books 2 and 3 in the series. We find Lacey Campbell and Jack Harper, (from Hidden), on a mini vacation on the Coast of Oregon. And it's just their luck that the first murder to happen in twenty years ends up right outside ...more
Cindy
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jack and Lacey are back. We met these two in Kendra’s first book Hidden. They are at a resort scoping it out as a possible wedding venue when they find themselves in the middle of a murder investigation when a woman in a wedding dress is found floating in the resorts hot tub.

Even though this was a novella sized book we still got a good murder mystery to follow from all aspects – the interrogations to the autopsies. One thing Jack and Lacey can’t do is walk away from a murder and when they find
Liz (Bugetta)
2.5* This started off well. I liked the set-up for the murder mystery and getting to see Lacey and Jack again but then I remembered that Lacey and Jack were my least favorite couple from this series (and why). And trying to pack a mystery into a 69 page novella is hard to do well, so ultimately, it had some entertaining moments (I liked Terry, the sheriff of the coastal town where the murder occurs) but the whole thing wrapped up way too quickly (my most frequent complaint about novellas) and I ...more
⚜️Trea
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a surprising short story! I was shocked at the culprit in the story, totally had no clue about it. I didn't like how pushy the sister came across in this, even though the readers get no interaction with her! I found it interesting to see the continuation of Lacey's story, though and will recommend it to other readers of the series!
Marleen
Nov 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Very first read by Kendra Elliot. To be honest, whether it would be this short story or a full novel, I don’t think this is an author or a series I want to pursue. I thought it was very cliché. It all sounded like deja-vu. Maybe for a tiny minute I had hoped for something original and unprecedented, but unfortunately it all felt rather uninspired.
Subhajit Das
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am simply speechless after finishing this jaw dropping read. If I say that it is a romantic crime mystery thriller, then it will be injustice to this book. I was hooked with it since the very beginning of the book. The catchy cover and the justifying title made the clearly to the curiosity of the reader. It was the capturing blurb that made me turn the pages of the book, and then I failed to even take a break to breathe properly. The gripping pace and nail biting plot grasped me completely. St ...more
Kelly
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short story that takes us back to Lacey and Jack involving dead bodies (when DON'T they stumble over dead things, though) and a small town. I have to say I like those two. After everything they went through, they're tighter than ever. A little nervous when the other is out of their sight, but that's to be expected when the person you love is nearly killed by a serial killer, I think.

Anywho. Lacey and Jack. Unexpected dead bodies. A couple of untried policemen and a police chief still getting u
Tina
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

First let me start off by saying I don't normally read story stories. Now let me tell you about this one. I read this one because I have fallen in love with this series and this short story was part of it so I read it. Once again Kendra Elliot delivers a truly wonderful book. Even though this story isn't very long she is still able to hook you from the beginning and keep you until the end. The storyline is amazing and her way of keeping you in suspense until the end is why I love reading
Meghan
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Who done it goodness

A quick story revisiting two of the original characters as they check out wedding venues. A posh spa resort should not have a dead woman in the hot tub, but Lacey finds one and then the case takes off.

A small town, a familiar police friend/face and a lot of questions send this great couple on a journey of discovery about the town and some of this citizens. Detailed and entertaining this was a fun quick read!
Mom
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short story!

I have only recently begun to read Kendra Elliott's books and I have really enjoyed them. This was one of the best short stories that I have read in a long time. It had all the suspense and the characters were well developed unlike many other short stories I have read.
Katherine
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute quick read

This novella comes between book 4 and 5 I believe but I read it after reading the other five and it didn’t bother me a bit. It is a quick amount of time with two of the characters, the odontological and her fiancé from book 2, 4 and 5. Enjoyable story but doesn’t really do anything to develop the characters that matters for the remaining book.
Tamara
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Fast Read mystery

Liked that it was a story about Jack and Lacy. Moved quickly and totally caught me off guard who the killer was.

Love Kendra Elliot mystery thrillers with a bit of romance. The his was an awesome audible narration and made the chores go faster.

Just hated it was so short
Renee
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good short read

Quick read with a mystery that Jack and Lacey literally stumble upon while looking for the perfect venue for their upcoming wedding. Between Jack's still burning cop curiosity and Lacey's inherent need for justice, the two quickly immerse themselves in the case.

Even though it's very short, it's still interesting enough. So a five star review for this novella.
Alona
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exasperating

Excellent once again! I love Kendra romantic psychological suspenseful thrillers! She catches my attention with every book she writes! My favorite all time author. You must read all Kendra Elliot books! She's fantastic! Veiled is a short story but very eventful for a bride to be and groom. I wouldn't be to sure of getting married after this book! Lolololol
Bee Glosson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short story involving Lacey and jack, the main characters from the first book of the series. The only kendra elliot book I have ever read that didnt have a sex scene in it, and I'm fine with that. Not that I hate sex, I love it, but I dont have to read about it. Quick story of murder and revenge. Decent read, not her best but worth the quick jaunt down murder lane. I give it 3.5
Gwen S.
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • She Can Scream (She Can #3)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • She Can Tell
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Run (She Can #1)
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane, #5)
  • See Her Die (Bree Taggert, #2)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 8 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list eleven times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Bone Secrets (5 books)
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
  • Alone (Bone Secrets, #4)
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)