Start by marking “Malediction” as Want to Read:
Malediction

Malediction

In 1863, a young woman’s heritage is stolen from her, and she lays a terrible curse on the City of Angels. Now, in the 21st century, a teenaged girl with lethal psychic abilities arrives in Los Angeles, ready to ally herself with vengeful spirits of the past to feed her insatiable appetite for destruction. Only Gwen Michaelson, a natural healer afraid of her gifts, and Sam ...more
Published October 16th 2013 by Evil Jester Press (first published October 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Malediction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malediction

BookLoversLife
This was such an engrossing read. Everything from it's plot to it's characters were really well written and developed. I loved how we learn a little at a time about the history and the curse and how the story is weaved together.

Long ago when a woman thought she was cheated out of land, she brought a curse down upon the land and everyone who ever owns it. Skip to modern day LA and the curse seems to come to life through a teenage girl called Mae.

Mae was an amazing villain, I don't mean that I l
David Agranoff
I am a huge fan of Lisa Morton's work. Her short stories were for years were consistently among the best in anthologies and often rubbing elbows with stories of authors who were considered the greats of the genre. Long before she because president of the Horror Writers Association she was starting to rack up Stoker award nominations and is known as a Halloween expert. So of course she has written several books I enjoyed.

LM's fiction is as tied to Los Angeles as Stephen King is to Maine. this wa
Terri
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First let me say I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. I love audio books as the narration tends to breathe life into the books like a heart beat!

Wow, what an imagination it took to write this book! This is really a good book,but hard for me to explain. While this isn't my usual genre, It is very exciting and found myself glued to the computer Christmas Eve & Christmas Day listening to it. It is spooky, exciting, dangerous and adventurous all wrapped up in a sci
Elizabeth Robbins
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing blend of California history and modern paranormal suspense! I enjoyed this book immensely and finished in less than two days. The plot is smart and complicated, alternating between historical accounts of Los Angelos and today. The present day accounting includes cursed spirits, demonic possession, strange creatures, a race of soul-sucking psychic vampires, and more! Loved it! I read this book on my kindle, while listening to the Audible version, and the narration is excellent!
David Church
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable...yet forgettable. Sometimes I rate a book higher when I first finish it. And 3 weeks later I am like...I have completely forgotten everything that happened in that book. This book I enjoyed while I read it..But it was forgettable. If a book sticks with me where I am thinking about it weeks after I read it, I consider that a grand accomplishment. It was nothing personal, it was well written and had a descent plot, it just didn't stick with me for some reason.

Rena Mason
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MALEDICTION is a novel based on dark histories/myths of Los Angeles. The author's knowledge of the area came through in this work. The main characters must join forces to battle an evil that had been given life during California's early beginnings. If you enjoy a bit of history with your horror, this is a book you'll enjoy.
Deedra
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AWESOME!It reminded me of older horror books like Carrie, Firestarter,etc.May is a sad and terrible teenager that's been kept locked in a room all her life.This is just what a malevolent entity is looking for. MAYhem ensues!
Michael Hacker was perfect for this book.He is fine with both women and mens voices.
Gef
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon.
Rick
Feb 23, 2014 added it
Shelves: horror
I really enjoyed this Bram Stoker nominated novel. Good pacing and interesting characters.
Mike Burns
rated it it was ok
May 19, 2014
Diane
Dec 05, 2016
Lisa Morton is a screenwriter, author of horror fiction, and Halloween expert. She is a winner of both the Black Quill and Bram Stoker Awards, and her short stories have appeared in more than 50 books and magazines. Her first novel, THE CASTLE OF LOS ANGELES, was released by Gray Friar Press in 2010, and her first collection, MONSTERS OF L.A., was published by Bad Moon Books in October 2011. She i ...more