Start by marking “A Christmas Wedding To Die For (Death by Chocolate #2)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Wedding To Die For (Death by Chocolate #2)

A Christmas Wedding To Die For

(Death by Chocolate #2)

Maxine is making the wedding cake for the Christmas Wedding of the season. And it's to be held in one of her favorite places, Butchart Gardens. But before the day is over the bride lies at death's door and it's up to Maxine to find out just who wanted Julianna dead.

Could it be something to do with the rivalry between their parent's two gaming companies? The two founders s
Published November 30th 2013 by Pat Amsden

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Wedding To Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Wedding To Die For

Julie
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Christmas Wedding to die for by Pat Amsden is a 2013 publication I picked this novella up in the kindle store. This short cozy Christmas themed mystery is part of Death by Chocolate series.

Maxine is helping to cater a wedding. The couple have decided to get married despite the opposition of the groom's parents. Before the nuptials can take place, the bride is poisoned. Maxine's quick thinking saves her life. Now Maxine is determined to find out why someone would want to kill Julia.

With the hel
Sheri
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Wedding To Die For (Death by Chocolate)by Pat Amsden

Maxine is a wedding cake maker. But the bride has a brush with death, and soon a dead body turns up. Maxine finds herself caught up in the melee and tries to find the killer. She is determined to see this wedding happen.

A cozy murder/mystery. The characters are likable, the story is fast paced, and I just loved the cover! A must read for those who enjoy a sweet who-done-it.
Patricia
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-american
Tradition-- each year in the weeks leading up to Christmas I select a book to read on Christmas that has a Christmas related theme. I want something light and fun (preferably a mystery) to read while relaxing and listening to Christmas music. This is the book I chose this year. I'm not sure it would be an interesting book in mid-summer but it was a good read on Christmas and it had one of my other favorite things, chocolate.

No sex
No violence (although someone was murdered)
Sheila
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and a did enjoy the story. Victoria was painted as a quaint little town and Maxine's chocolate shop sounds divine. The story starts out at a wedding where the bride is found near death. She has no memory of who gave her the poisoned drink when she recovers. Who wanted to kill the bride and why? I won't give it away. You will have to read the book to find out.
Glenda
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I skipped book 1 in this series because I am reading Christmas themed books during the holidays. I think I should have read book 1 first. The author kept referring to it and some of the characters were a bit hazy as you were expected to know them from book 1.
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery that kept me trying to figure out who the killer was.
Eileen
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable book. I like to read a cozy mystery once in awhile. I like all mysteries and the cozy mystery gives me all the elements without all the dark and gorey elements
Diane
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
A cozy mystery with a good story but a little language.
Krystyna
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Eat, drink and be merry - or die.

A decent plot but it just felt a bit unfinished. The characters too seemed to lack depth and vision.
It was going to be the wedding of the year. Two gaming families joined together in Juliet and Romeo style. However when the bride goes missing, she and her helper (the cake was more or less set up) to find her. When they do, they find that she has been poisoned with cyanide. Their prompt action gets her to the hospital in time to save her life but she can't remembe
Denise Zendel
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a moderately entertaining book about a caterer who specializes in desserts, engaged to make the wedding cake for the “Christmas Wedding of the Season.” The bride and groom are from rival computer gaming families and someone is angry enough to try to try to keep the bride from making the wedding ceremony, let alone celebrating the honeymoon. The caterer investigates to clear herself of suspicion and to help her client.

This book had potential, but was rife with grammatical errors – I coun
Dee
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Christmas is such a beautiful time of year for a wedding. All is ready but no bride. Maxine Peters had come a long way and doing the Wedding cake and accessories for this wedding would be the feather in her cap she had been working for.

What did I like? Pat Amsden knows what it takes to write a story that will have you glued to the pages. Her story line shows she has done all her homework. The descriptions of the chocolate candy had my mouth watering and I had to stop and get some. Great characte
Jane Firebaugh
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loads of fun and chocolate too!
Such a fun read! I enjoyed it a lot and have already bought another book by Ms. Amsden.
If you like cozy mysteries you will enjoy this book. If you like cozy mysteries and chocolate, you will be in heaven. :)
Tricia
Dec 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
There were so many errors (grammatical or formatting) in the first chapter that I couldn't go on. Probably didn't help that I'd just finished a well-written book, making this feel even more pedestrian by comparison.
Suzanne
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quite a good little murder mystery. .enjoyable
Philip
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
OK
Kathleen Downey
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read. I enjoyed reading this book so much. Read in one sitting. The storyline was well written and the characters were wonderful. Really enjoyed.
Lindis
Dec 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
PAT AMSDEN
Writer of Romance and Mystery

Pat Amsden is a writer of romance and mystery who lives on the West Coast of Canada. She lives with her son in Victoria, BC and works at the local hospital. She is, once again, single.

For as long as she can remember she has loved stories. First reading them and then making them up. Sometimes that got her into trouble when she was younger but that's another st

Death by Chocolate (4 books)
  • Chocolate Worth Dying For (Death by Chocolate #1)
  • A Ghostly Affair (Death by Chocolate, #3)
  • Soul Mates (Death by Chocolate #4)