Start by marking “Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)” as Want to Read:
Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)

Otherwise Unharmed

(Evan Arden #3)

After Evan Arden was imprisoned by the enemy for a year and a half, he returned from the desert as a military hero. He’d suffered some minor injuries during his captivity, was discharged from the Marines with just a touch of shellshock, but was considered otherwise unharmed. Now he wonders how he ended up where he is now – incarcerated in Chicago’s Metropolitan Correctiona ...more
Published December 3rd 2013 by Shay Savage

Start your review of Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
Please note all excerpts were taken from an ARC, so they might differ to the published version.

What brought me to that point, that moment? The question was more metaphorical. I hadn't started off so bad, so how did I end up where I was today? Raised in a convent by a bunch of nuns, emancipated at seventeen, and left to my own devices, I had joined the marines so I could serve my country as one of theclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
What
Lucia
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Background FBI politics, mafia wars, fighting for your sanity and for the safety of the loved one. Otherwise Unharmed is thrilling page-turner and perfect conclusion to this unforgettable trilogy!

My Evan and Lia:

SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:
After breakdown Evan Arden suffered in previous book, he finds himself in Chicago's Correction Centre, facing the aftermath of his actions caused by terrible case of PTSD. Will be Lia
REVIEW:
After ...more
Mo
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one starts off where the last one finished…. Not sure how Evan was going to talk his way out of this!

Lia is back in his life .....

It is a real page-turner, a thriller. I was rooting for Evan and Lia and Odin the whole time but things happen, the mob isn’t happy, it sure is not plain sailing for them.

Lia is back in his life .....

“People live and they die, and it doesn’t fucking matter to anyone around them. Whatever happens, happens. People move on, and they’re probably better off because of it.”

ARDEN
EVAN N. USMC
A NEG
CATHOLIC

IF THERE WAS A GOD, HE DIDN’T HAVE ANY LOVE FOR ME SO FUCK HIM

The writing is great, the language is gritty, it is violent, I mean it is a Psychological Thriller so we have to sort of have all those elements.

A lot of the time I am like…..

Just GO, GO, GO….. get out of there…..

“Go ahead, you piece of shit,” I said calmly. My eyes stayed locked with his. “Take a swing. I’ll make sure my bullet doesn’t hit you fatally so you can watch me castrate you with that piece of shit blade. Dick to throat, I ‘ll show you what a cut really looks like and then I’ll slam my fist through your ribacage and fuck the hole I made. What do you think of that?"

Evan is not a nice guy, he is a hitman. So why are we rooting for him, why do we want him to have his HEA. I suppose in one way, it is because I felt he did not have a choice in the type of life he led. His upbringing was unconventional, to say the least, so doubt he was going to end up with a regular 9 to 5 job.

[image error]
“It’s okay to need someone,” she told me. “Everyone needs someone.”

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

In the first book, we see his vulnerability with Lia and we see his interactions with his dog, Odin. So I knew that under that dark killer there was somebody who could love and be loved and deserved love.

Only thing left to say now is.... "What to read next?"

Shurrn
I don't give five star ratings very often, but this book deserves every last one. Evan Arden (and the entire trilogy) is a breathtaking thrill ride that surprised and delighted me at every turn.
((This review is spoiler free but not profanity free))

I cannot bring myself to call this "Romance"... Evan Arden would be perfectly comfortable admitting that he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body... I think "Erotic Suspense with a pinch of Romance" is more appropriate.

After much thought,"
Erotic""... ...more
Duchess Nicole
_________________________________________
Evan Arden...you stole my heart back in the desert.
You scared me back in Chicago.
You made me angrier than I've ever felt with a fictional boyfriend.
You broke my heart when you fell apart.

And now, and now, and now.......You did all of that and more in this book.

_________________________________________

After his meltdown and subsequent arrest, Evan is heavily medicated and placed in jail. His last visions of Lea and his pleading for her to take his dog Odin have stuck with_________________________________________
Evan
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Chicago Mafia Style, Tormented, Miraculous, Loving Stars * * * * *

Otherwise Unharmed... that is the final chapter of the amazing series by Shay Savage.... it is also a phrase used by the military to classify how Evan Arden was once he was released from his captivity as a POW in the Middle East for 18 months. Oh, he had had some physical issues from their torture of him... but "otherwise unharmed" was what was written for his discharge.

Well, if ever there was a deceptive way of saying things... that would be the perfec
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Mind Blowing Stars

She would keep me sane, and I would keep her safe

One thing that's running through my mind right now

After I finished this book. I'm ruined. Seriously ruined and feeling a hell of a book hangover coming on. Shay Savage is an incredible story teller, able to write a broken and damaged anti-hero that you canclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Five Suspenseful, Action-packed Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My name is Evan Arden. I've had a shit life, orphaned as a child, raised by an abusive nun, joined the military to be a Saudi POW for 18 months...lotsa baggage my head carries. I'm serious fucked up, can't sleep, see things that aren't there, but my life as a hit-man for one of C
Maria Kaye
3.5 hit-man stars! Rounded it up to 4 since the series as a whole is a good read. The ending while it was a happy one felt anti-climatic, I would've liked the suspense and final confrontation between Evan and the bad guy(s) to be more paced out + I wanted to see Rinaldo take out Grecco and the Russian mob But oh well.

A minor thing that I found irritating was the female love interest. Every time Evan told her to do something important "What?" was always her response, it made her seem like a complete i
Angie **loves angst**
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I'm not going to hurt you."

The long awaited conclusion to Evan Arden Trilogy was all that I expected and even more. So I know I say this with each book, but its the absolute truth that Shay Savage writes some of the best male characters. Living in the tortured, highly sexual mind of Evan was thrilling and intense.

Evan Arden

intense.
Evan
~IreneOust~
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 *I ♥ Shay Savage and everything she writes* stars!

LOVED!!! Full review to come ...
Elaine
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
My date with Evan has finally finished.....

photo alone-but-happy-sad-quote_zpsb95a219c.jpg

photo 2d7141062920a8dc2fc82e234761772e_zpsdefc7582.jpg

Ok..so Evans a bad boy, a hit man, a killer...

Marco Dapper photo MarcoDapperZZ.jpg

And you know what!!!I love him!!!

photo d2bebf9cc46db7afb402d570cdcd2d97_zpsaf341b9d.jpg

The finawhat!!!I
Didi
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**** 4.5 ACTION-PACKED STARS!!!!! ****

I have loved everything Shay Savage has written so far, and this series? FANTASTIC!
The conclusion to Evan Arden's story was everything I hoped it to be. This series is very different from your typical romance. I wouldn't even label it romance necessarily, more like suspense/thriller with a romantic twist.

And Lia is back. Finally! the woman that has haunted Evan's thoughts made her appearance in Otherwise Occupied, but right at t
Lise *friends don't flag*
Love, love this series… love everything Shay writes. Evan Arden is an all time favorite male character in my large repertoire of fictional book boyfriends. Evan is just so…. Evan; complicated, conflicted, damaged, ruthless, hero, killer, lover, beautiful, cunning, witty, dirty talking, back door craving and SEXY as ALL FVCK!
This third book in the Evan Arden series was a five star read for me. God- I loved being in Evan’s screwed up yet oddly lucid head. He was so focused on his mission(s) by forc
♥Rachel♥
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Buddy read with Bethany
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
4.5 Stars

Otherwise Unharmed was an amazing, and exciting conclusion to the trilogy, really, I couldn’t have asked for a better one!

***Spoilers ahead if you haven’t read the previous books***

The story picks up immediately where Otherwise Occupied left off with Evan having breakdown after the betrayal of Bridgette and subsequent events, buying him a trip to prison. I wondered how things would all work out! Of course, this is the moment Lia finally finds him, but no worries, not much can keep Evan down!/>Otherwise
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden Trilogy #3)
Author – Shay Savage
Publication Date – December 3, 2013
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Romance, Suspense
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Reading Order
Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy #1)
Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden Trilogy #2)
Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden Trilogy #3)class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Dee Montoya
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, epic
*****5 Fiery Stars*****

Hands down one of the best series I've read in a long time. This story was so unique, packet with angst, action and hot romance, everything I love in a book and much more. I went from excited, to scared, to mad, to raging furious, to love and lust; never have I felt so many emotions from reading just one book. This author created an outstanding story and I encourage absolutely everybody to read it!

Evan and Lia have reunited and it's just them against the world...

*****5 Fiery Stars*****

Evan and Lia have reunited and it's just them against the world...

Love explosion photo: love explosion! 12545_199586802563_804347563_4074336_2355234_n.jpg
Sally
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites

Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden Trilogy #3) by Shay Savage
5 Evan freaking Arden!Stars
This book, this series, this character, and this author NEVER disappoint!
If you love Evan Arden & this series as much as I do, OH BOY are you going to love this last book! This story continues with its originality, fantastic characters and hold your breath moments, and I’m pretty sure I laughed out loud in a couple of spots too. Oh and did I forget to say how sexy it was …mmmm yes very sexy. My God I don’t know how I am going to do this review withoutArden!Stars
ThisSavage
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Crapola!

What an awesome, insanely intense conclusion to this trilogy! I love Evan Arden okay? I loved everything about his journey.

But what I loved the most about this trilogy was that over the course of all the books here, there was never a moment of contrived stupidity. Nothing that would induce the dreaded eye roll either. All books in this trilogy were done superbly. You have the intensity of characters, plot, heart, suspense, fear, love, and all things erotic. And it all blends
Perry
5 deliciously angsty ★★★★★s all the way

I loved this trilogy. LOVED it. Evan Arden is by far the roughest, most badass, grittiest, fucked-up, mentally broken, tortured, endearing asshole anti-hero I've ever met! Did I say I love the bastard? Because I do. I'm sprung. He's dark, he's damaged, he's a lost soul in a violent mafia world, and God, did I eat him up with a spoon. His story was everything I never knew I wanted in a book. I'm glad I knew so little about these books before jumping in. Ha
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Who knew all you needed in a book was a Barrett and hot mystery girl from the desert to make one hell of a 5 star ride??!!!

Whew...Evan Arden has made me mad, he has made me cry, he has made me beyond nervous, but most of all he has made me love him! He is damn cold blooded killer...a broken soldier of death...and I just could not get enough of his tale and the complete clusterf*** that it was!

From a daily assassin to complete mental breakdown...Evan
Vee Paige
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Update: 5-27-2015 *** I'm going to pretend that the Evan Arden series ended with this book. ***

-------------

Shay Savage has become my favorite author this year. Surviving Raine was one of my top reads, and now so is Otherwise Unharmed. I love her heroes. They straddle the lines of morality which make them compelling characters.
I don’t think there is anyone more f@cked up than Evan Arden, and I loved it that we get his POV because it’s irreverent and funny and so politica
Amanda
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I'm a hit man. I work for the largest crime family in the city, and I kill people for money".

This is the final book for Evan Arden's Trilogy. We first introduced to Evan in Otherwise Alone where he met Lia Antonia in the Arizona. Evan head back to Chicago alone to continue working for his boss, Rinaldo Moretti's. Meanwhile, we witnessed Evan dealing with severe PTSD and he was spiraling out of control towards the end.

Now Lia is back into his life and he wants to make sure they had
Elfina Renee
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo Damn Good Book 8.gif
Highly explosive, unexpected and to good to put down! From the moment you crack the pages open Shay Savage doesn't stop, the woman doesn't know the meaning of the word. Not a single book in the series has lacked intensity, superior action, suspense or cream your jeans hotness! Yes ladies the author is that good!
 photo grayson.jpg
Evan's story is so heartbreaking, everything he suffered and continues to s
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Didn't Get the Evan/Lia Connection--Stars!

Despite the lack of romance, the story itself was pretty entertaining. I didn't really get the connection between Evan and Lia and for it taking three books to "connect" it was pretty much insta-love.

They did have a lot of hot sex so thanks for that! :P

And dare I even say I felt more of a connection between Evan and hooker Bridgett.

Otherwise Unharmed picks up where Otherwise Occupied left off. Evan has landed himself in the slammer, Lia's back in town and there are new problems to face.3.5--Didn't
❥Lil
*****5 action-packed, hot, intense stars*****

Evan Arden, enough said!

You want a page-turner? Got it!
You want a dirty talker? Got it!
You want a strong female lead who is not an immature, whinny, annoying chick? Got it!
You want a broken, rough, alpha MALE, gentle on the inside? Got it!
You want a flawless, natural, male POV? You bet!
You want action, suspense, mafia families and loads of shooting? You got them all!
You want an adorable, loyal, white fluffy guard? You got that too!
You want off-the-charts hot sex? Got it ;)

And let's not forget the BEST gentle lovemaking sc
Simge
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2015-read
The entire purpose of reading this series was being able to read Bastians Storm (like I said already), BUT I fell in love with Evan Arden and I won't be able to read about him through someones elses perspective. I know it's a stupid reason, but nope Evan Arden can't be anything but the center of the story for me, and as long as the lovely and and amazingly talented Shay Savage decides to write it in Evan instead of Sebastians POV it's not in for me.
(Aware of this not being a real review, I just
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
So much that Shay writes really captivates me. I like her male pov .. but (view spoiler)
Debra
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing

❤ 4.5 STARS ❤
Loved it! (of course) Full review to come. (maybe)
J
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
"Otherwise Unharmed" is worth the wait! The story is fast-paced and exciting. The previous story "Otherwise Occupied" left us with a dramatic cliffhanger with Evan's emotional breakdown and suddenly spotting Lia wearing the "memento quarter" around her neck.
Evan is in prison again. He is able to make a deal to get out and see Lia again, but now he has more enemies and he has Lia to protect. The story is fast-paced and there are twists and turns that keep the reader guessing about what will
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Kindle Lending (T...: Looking for: Otherwise Unharmed ~ Shay Savage 3 12 Feb 09, 2014 05:11AM
Otherwise Unharmed BR 19 50 Dec 04, 2013 11:11AM

• Sinister Kisses (SKALS, #1)
  • Raw (RAW Family, #1)
  • Locked and Loaded (The IMA, #3)
  • The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1)
  • Midnight Lily
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Kiss Me (Kiss of Death #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • End Game (Bellevue Bullies, #4)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)
  • When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop (Tigers and Devils, #1.1)
  • The First Supper (Tigers and Devils #1.2)
  • Six Ways from Sunday (Southern Scrimmage #1)
  • Overtime (Scoring Chances, #3.5)
  • Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • You Could Make a Life
  • Borden (Borden, #1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more

Evan Arden (8 books)
  • Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden, #1)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Uncockblockable (Evan Arden, #2.5)
  • Isolated (Evan Arden, #4)
  • Irrevocable (Evan Arden, #5)
  • Otherwise Complete (Evan Arden, #1-3)
  • Evan Arden: The Complete Boxed Set (Evan Arden, #1-5)
“She would keep me sane, and I would keep her safe.” 6 likes
“You love that, don't you?" I growled. "Being hammered by my cock... you must think you're in... fucking... heaven."
Punctuation by cock thrust - the very best kind.”
4 likes