Start by marking “Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #6)” as Want to Read:
Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #6)

Time to Kill

(Kyle Swanson Sniper #6)

A disastrous chain of events causes havoc in the Middle East. The Sphinx, a symbol of Egypt’s ancient history and power, is blown up by terrorists. A visit to Cairo by Iran’s national soccer team ends in a bloodbath. Egyptian missiles sink an Iranian vessel in the Red Sea. Political forces are working behind the scenes to provoke a war between Egypt and its powerful ...more
Published December 5th 2013 by Pan (first published May 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Time to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Kill

Start your review of Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #6)
Glen
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kyle Swanson is moping around between missions, when he's called in.

It seems that Iran is invading Egypt under the guise of a peacekeeping type mission. Kyle, there for another mission, holds off the entire force by himself with a few explosions and such.

Not bad. I got the feeling that the author, or one of the co-authors, at least, thought he was being clever here.
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read any books by either of these authors. This is my first introduction to what this duo can do together. I have to say that I was very impressed. So much so that I can't wait to read the next book and the prior novels by these authors. I pretty much read this book in one day. I felt like I was there every step of the way with Kyle. I was a little surprised that he did not pick up on the enemy sooner but not enough to know I would not want to tangle with him anytime soon.

A sign of
Wayne
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the sixth book written by Jack Coughlin with Kyle Swanson as the lead character. In this story the Iranians were working under cover with the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood to overthrow the Egyptian Government. Iran arranges attacks on their own resources to spread the idea that Egypt was starting a war. In so doing Iran with the support of the Muslim Brotherhood invaded a southern Egyptian port. Things get interesting because Swanson had just teamed up with the British M16 and were in ...more
Ed
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding military thriller which unfortunately, completes the series for me. "Time to Kill" follows Marine sniper Kyle Swanson caught in the middle of an Iranian military coup in Egypt. Swanson uses all his military skills to disrupt to Iranian forces trying to destabilize the Egyptian government and control shipping in the Suez Canal.
AliciaJ
It was ok. The characters were a bit undeveloped and stilted, but the action sequences were good. I didn't fall into this one like I do with the Jack Reacher stories, and I probably won't go out of my way to find more by this author.
Wendy
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Time to Kill” is a fast-paced, adrenaline pumping thriller that begins when an American in Maryland cleared to audit military contractors reports an International financial scam, only to be killed by assassins. As American sniper Kyle Swanson and his team look into an Iranian link to the murder chaos boils over in Egypt when Egyptian soldiers are blamed for the massacre of the visiting Iranian soccer team and the sinking of one of their vessels in the Red Sea.

When his adoptive father asks Kyle
Steven Allen
Another good book in the Kyle Swanson Sniper series. I like how old characters are updated and new characters are woven through the story. It will be interesting to see what Swanson does in the next book. Lots of good action but very little humor. One thing that these books could use is a little more humor. Humor is a delicate thing to add to a military fiction book without throwing off the pace of the story.
MARY
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyle was, in this book a one man destroyer. He did call for help but something happen and never did find out what went wrong. It was a very good book. I have been very pleased reading these books by this author.
Greg Oaster
Not as exciting as previous books and the real action doesn't come into the very end. One disappointing thing is that, there is no sniping in this book. A big disappointment since the series is called "Sniper"
Brandon
Not the best book in the series. Well written in almost every way, just, the story was lacking; particularly in very much sniper craft (considering that's the theme of the series).
mr clive m cooper
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time to Kill

Great book plenty of Action I had Difficulty putting it down. I only hope the other books in the series continue to be as good.i am hooked.
Cyvil B.
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this one for the action was non-stop and gunny comes out on top.
Pierre Tassé
There was a lot of "stuff" going on but this was not one of the better books by Coughlin. A little beyond reality but then again, I don't buy books screwed into reality. It passed time.
Hannah
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gunnery Sergeant Kyle Swanson gets called away from his luxurious vacation when the big boss calls him in on urgent business. Only, the subject they were to meet up with is assassinated. With Swanson on the scene, it is quickly discovered that whatever this man discovered, it was way bigger than first anticipated.
Kyle Swanson gets thrown into the mission of his life when a valuable source by the name of Pharaoh gets thrown into the equation. Unknown at the time, this Pharaoh is a very busy man;
Peter
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-thriller
Kyle Swanson is a U. S. Marine Gunnery Sergeant. Winner of the Medal of Honor, the Navy Cross, and two Silver Stars, Swanson is the sniper on Task Force Trident, a team tasked with the most covert of black ops. His interrupted vacation in California comes with a phone call to immediately come to Maryland to meet with an unnamed contact. But the contact is killed before Swanson arrives—and so begins a story that sends Swanson to the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el Sheikh to contact the Pharoah, ...more
Renee
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished sometime in March -- catching up on reviews.
This series keeps ratcheting up both the action and the plausibility of the situations as it goes along. Sniper Kyle Swanson is a super-soldier (not chemically enhanced or any of that) and that is part of the belief that you must suspend to enjoy this series. Much like Jack Reacher, in a smaller package, Kyle can see things others cannot and can accomplish things whole armies cannot. Unlike Reacher, Swanson has a tight-knit groups of
Tom Tischler
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A chain of events begins in the Middle East. The Sphinx a
symbol of Egypt's history is blown up. A visit to Cairo by
Iran's soccer team turns into a bloodbath. Egyptian missiles
sink an Iranian vessel in the Red Sea. Forces are at work
behind the scenes trying o provoke a war between Egypt and
Iran. A war that would certainly result in an Iranian victory
with them in control of the Suez Canal. Behind this plot is a
double agent known as The Pharaoh and he wants to establish
an Islamic regime on
Nick Brett
If you enjoyed the previous books in the series, you will enjoy this one.

Kyle Swanson, Marine sniper and James Bond rolled into one is called into action in Egypt. In a slightly daft plot dodgy Iranians are trying to provoke war with Egypt or at least provoke events so they can send in troops. Luckily Super Kyle is in situ and is able to wage (a pretty entertaining) one man war against Iranian troops who have manipulated a force into Egypt. Yep some over the top characters and some loose ends (a
Chris
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kyle Swanson is a one man insurgency in this story about an Iranian power grab for Egypt that could be right out of today's headlines. This is like Tom Clancy but without all the bombast and verbosity, aka Tom Clancy Lite. These are concise and action packed tales that come close to incredulity but resound with reality. I like too how they recall him off annual leave for a mission on his last day. It couldn't wait until the next morning when he was scheduled to fly back. But there's a mistake ...more
Nick
Aug 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was set for a very solid 2, but picked up when the real action started. However, it wasn't enough to pull it up to a 4. Not bad, but some of the setup and dialogue was too cheesy to overlook. The author must surely be from Alabama with all of the connection in the first 100 pages. The initial 'bad guy's' name is actually 'Mobili' - and supposed to be Iranian. There were some great action scenes, but sometimes the setup seemed to try too hard to make it cool, rather than let it flow
Heather
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay story, but trite characters. The story is not complex and the women characters are one dimensional. There's an underlying hint of misogyny. The one woman character who could be seen as strong and is also on the main character's elite Trident squad is quickly diminished as just another "lay" when Kyle's first thoughts and comments to her are about how they slept together once. Ack! Skip it.
Jason Fryer
This seemed like a shorter and less dramatic Kyle Swanson novel than most of the others. While I truly enjoyed the sections about his personal guerrilla war the whole novel seemed to be more of a what-if discussion than a novel. Still an entertaining read, just not quite as engrossing as some of the others.
Connie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good action packed novel.

A couple of comments stated that the character development was lacking, and I agree. But I actually liked that, it was a good action story, I didn't need all the background, thoughts and blah, blah, blah. I also liked the pace, I feel that Tom Clancy could take a lesson from Jack.
Warren Thoms
I am pretty sure that one person could not cause that much destruction and mayhem but I did like the story and how a country could try to use the Arab Spring to further their own agenda. Kyle is a great character and it was actually nice that he did not get along with the "female lead". Not everybody gets along in the world especially male and female.
Brett Tompkins
Painfully boring. This book was so slow; I thought it was building up to something big, it sort of started getting good, then it was over. Maybe one good scene, and then let down. I'm actually pretty surprised it has over a 4 star rating; maybe it's me.
Abby Matisse
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've clearly been on an action thriller reading bender for a few weeks. But loved this one. I enjoy the whole series. The sniper aspect--getting into his head and how he thinks--makes it different from the typical kick ass action/spy hero.
Paul
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again another gripping book from Jack Coughlin. I have never read so many books from one author that has capture my attention more and more then Jack Coughlin's Kyle Swanson.
Justin
Nov 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gave up halfway through. The dialog was terrible. Pure exposition at every turn. Every speech was given by a story robot.
RACHEL
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy these Swanson sniper books. Good military action!
Chuck Ledger
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice balance of action and intrigue.

• Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Ghost Sniper (Sniper Elite #4)
  • Execute Authority (Delta Force #5)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Black Site (Delta Force, #1)
  • Daughter of War (Pike Logan, #13)
  • Bloody Sunday (Dewey Andreas, #8)
  • Kill For Me (Victor the Assassin, #8)
  • A Time To Die (Victor the Assassin, #6)
  • Operator Down (Pike Logan #12)
  • Tom Clancy Enemy Contact
  • Warriors (Alexander Hawke, #8)
  • One Killer Force (Delta Force, #4)
  • The Final Hour (Victor the Assassin, #7)
  • Full Assault Mode (Delta Force, #3)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • The Darkest Day (Victor the Assassin, #5)
Gunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin’s autobiography, Shooter, describes his experiences as the top-ranked marine sniper in the Iraq War.

Coughlin is also the author, with Donald A. Davis, of the Kyle Swanson Sniper Novels: Kill Zone, Dead Shot, Clean Kill, and An Act of Treason.

Coughlin grew up in Waltham, Massachusetts, and joined the Marines when he was 19. He served with the Marines during the drive to

Kyle Swanson Sniper (10 books)
  • Kill Zone (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #1)
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3)
  • An Act of Treason (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #4)
  • Running the Maze (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #5)
  • On Scope (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #7)
  • Night of the Cobra (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #8)
  • Long Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #9)
  • In the Crosshairs (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #10)