Start by marking “No Bra Required!” as Want to Read:
No Bra Required!

No Bra Required!

From the author of 'Guess Who I Pulled Last Night' and 'Get Your Kit Off'

"I loved this book, could not put it down, great story, one of the best books I have read for a long time, would recommend."

"Brillian book, I read it within 24 hours, couldn't put it down. Really well written, fab characters with so many unexpected twists. Definately worth a read."

"A totally eng
Published December 2nd 2013 (first published October 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about No Bra Required!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Bra Required!

Start your review of No Bra Required!
Vicki Baird
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, a little obvious in places. Shocking in others. Definitely worth a look!
Louise Mackin
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is my first Nikki Ashton book, I've had it on my kindle for quite a while but I'm glad I read it as I've now got a fab new author to read. I can't wait to read her back catalogue and and future releases.
Charles Goodger
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
This well written novel deals with love, sex, betrayal, childbirth and death from an undeniably female perspective. It's also about coming to terms with life. Lucy is a warm character with whom everyone reading the book will have no difficulty in identifying.
Helen Wilson
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Easy to read and loved the characters from the start and the fact the romance started early in the book and not right at the end like most books. Nikki I hope its not too long before you bring out another book!
Sal
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story! Proper feel good, happy read.
Nicole Goodin
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars. I did enjoy this book, I did however leave it about half way through and come back to it. I really struggle with books written in the third person, and I think that this was what had me struggling. It's nothing the author did wrong, it's just a personal preference thing.

I am glad I went back and finished the book, it was a little predictable in places but overall an enjoyable read.

I look forward to reading more from Nikki.
Mercia McMahon
On 19 March 2013 Lancashire primary school teacher Lucy Meadows took her own life and sparked an international media campaign. On 4 April 2013 Nikki Ashton, an author in the neighbouring county of Cheshire, published her debut novel Guess Who I Pulled Last Night. In December 2013 Ashton published her follow-up novel Lucy Steps Out, whose main character is a primary school teacher in Cheshire called Lucy Meadows.

Maybe Ashton choose the name because Lucy Meadows popped into her head as a good name for a stressed-out prinovel Lucynovel Guess Who
Felicia Thomas
Lucy Steps Out was an enjoyable read. I really liked it because, most times, you read how the heorine's husband leaves her for the girl he supposedly hated so much, and later realizes it was the biggest mistake ever and tries to go crawling back, once the heroine has moved on. That doesn't happen here. Once the decision is made and Lucy realizes that her husband made the best decision for both of them, she steps out and pulls herself together. Lucy and Ed are the perfect couple, in every way. Th ...more
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
I made it 51% through this book before finally losing the will to live. Predictable, no character depth and whilst both Lucy and Ed are likeable enough people, I found once they'd finally slept together (which was such an obvious plot I was hoping I'd be mistaken and there would be a cunning trust!), I just lost the tiny bit of interest I had in their lives. This definitely wasn't for me and I have it a fair shot, getting halfway through it!
Sarah W
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ahh what a sweet book, I really loved it. Not sure about the reason for the title change, i think the original is better. If you like a good old fashioned love story with a little bit of spice this is the book for you. Loved all the characters and really rooted for Lucy and Ed. Recommend nightly. I'm going to look out for the author again.
Nadine Keedy
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NO SPOILERS -

This was the 1st book I've read by Nikki Ashton and it won't be the last. I absolutely loved No Bra Required, I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters, although one I wanted to bitch slap so bad. I so didn't want the book to end. Can't wait to read more from Nikki.
Katie Horsfield
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this in 24 hours. absolutely brilliant.
Sarah Horsfield
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. First time read for this author and wasn't disappointed. Hooked by end of chapter 1. There were moments when I had tears in my eyes. Definately recommend
C.J. Fallowfield
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars - This was my first read of Ashton’s and she’s been on my TBR list for a while, so I had a few books of hers downloaded over the last two years when they were offered as freebies. No Bra Required follows the big life change of Lucy, who’d lost her young infant to sudden cot death, and found out that her husband had been cheating on her for over a year and got another woman pregnant. Her dad convinces her to take a time out and come and stay with him up in the north of England and sorts a ...more
Maria
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a while ago now, but am behind on leaving my reviews. This author has the talent of drawing you in from the start and keeping you hooked throughout. Lucy is a mess after breaking up with her husband, she doesn't want to get out of bed never mind move on with her life but with the encouragement of her best friend and the call for help from her Dad she gets up and goes to look after him whilst he's convalescing.
Lucy certainly didn't plan on liking dishy doctor Ed, or his ever so
Kirsten Izatt
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Question mark abuse in an otherwise entertaining read.

D'you know what? It was a really good story. Easy to read and entertaining. So good, I read it in one sitting. But, honestly, the punctuation! It's not going to bother everyone, granted, but I've never seen such abuse of question marks. I found it incredibly distracting. If it had been an actual paper book, I'd have been correcting it with a red pen. Such a shame. And one unfortunate wee bit of completely unnecessary fat-shaming which cou
Nikki
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy to read story with alot of dramas throughout!
Who needs ex partners in their life... definitely not these guys haha
This is the story of Lucy who at the start of the book her husband leaves her for another woman... which leads her to go and visit her dad.
Lucy then goes on to work at the local gp surgery and all things change when she meets GP Ed.
Many many issues happen to this couple to keep them from being together.. families.. exs... money... drama.. divorces and kids!
A few twists
Karen Wood
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
book 3 by this author in only a few weeks, I loved the storyline, maybe not quite as much humour as the other books but still very good.

after lucy's husband left her for his pregnant girlfriend, Lucy decided to visit her dad up north and there she met the gorgeous doctor Ed, who she fell in love with, but true love never runs smooth, especially with a scheming ex-wife, lots of twists and turns to keep you interested.
Ms Lucy Smith
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Excellent romantic comedy I enjoyed reading all of it. Bit predictable but not so it spoiled the experience would recommend
kindle fire stick
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book!

I chose this seating because it is a very humorous book and also included with the romance genre too .
Wendy Prada
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it, love it, love it

What's not to love? Nikki Ashton has a true gift. Heartwarming and funny and sad... everything I need in a romance
Caroline Easton
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book by a truly talented author.
Louise
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Brilliant book couldn't put it down. Would defiantly recommend it to friends as a great chick romantic novel to read
Suzanne Foster
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and fabulous.

A thoroughly enjoyable story with fabulous characters whom you won't forget in a hurry. Very well written, Nikki has made the characters come alive so it feels as if you're actually in the story with them.
Funny and heart warming and has the feel good factor!
Laura Smith
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I say it every time but I absolutely adore Nikki Ashton! Her books just make me smile so much! This wasn’t any different. A Rom Com that will have you giggling away to yourself and at times, laugh out that loud you scare the car! I loved Lucy and Ed and their journey and felt all warm and fuzzy while reading.

A 100% feel good book
Samantha Ann
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story, it's my first book by the author and i couldn't put it down. My only criticism is that the story came to an end very quickly, I feel the author could have continued for a little longer or maybe write a sequel- it would be could to know more about Ed and Lucy. I would recommend the book to friends as I really enjoyed it and no girl can help but fall in love with Ed, he's the man every girl dreams of- sexy, charming a real gentlemen. Hope there is a sequel soon so we ca ...more
glen g
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like the beginning, and the characters were slightly more unusual than you find in your average chick lit books. For me, the real star of the show was Nate - a real sweetheart, from start to finish. However, at certain points, the language was a bit shocking; not so much that I would stop reading, but I was a bit surprised, I felt like it had kind of come out of nowhere. Didn't take me away from the rest of the book, however.

A nice read before bed. 7/10
Angela  Mellor
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I have read by nikki Ashton and again this was an easy read.
The storyline was an easily worked out one but was written well so i didn't feel bored reading it.
The main characters are all very likeable apart from the ex wife and the brother, what a pair they are!! I will definitely read more by this author, great beach read
Laura Jackson
Lucy thought she had a happy marriage, until her husband suddenly left her - once her friends and family finally manage to get her out of bed she goes to stay with her dad and meets the gorgeous Dr Bryce, and so begins the bumpy road to love.

I really enjoyed this book, its an easy read that continues a entertaining series.
Eileen Williams
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
s world and in this book. It was easy reading but engaging. Book clubs would love this a a reading choice.

I didn't want to put it down. This book has highlighted the reality that there are evil people living among us. Such an ease, engaging read that I am sure would be enjoyed by book clubs as their book choice.

• My Perfect Life at Cornish Cottage
  • Fooling In love: A funny & feel-good romantic comedy
  • Little Mishaps and Big Surprises: A romantic comedy from the author of Blame it on the Onesie