Start by marking “Reborn (Guardian, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reborn (Guardian, #3)

Reborn (The Guardian Trilogy #3)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.

When Emma Donohue wakes to find her world turned upside down, she wants nothing more than to return to the life she knew. To a life filled with a loving family, close friends, and college classes. To a normal life that didn’t involve the supernatural, odd bracelets, or three strangers who refuse to leave her side.

Unsure of wha
Paperback
Published February 2014 by Createspace (first published January 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Reborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reborn

Swooning Over Books
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received this novel from the author for a honest review.)

Rebornis the third novel in Sara Mack's Gaurdian trilogy and let me say she did not disappoint. If you have not read the previous two books, I suggest you stop reading this review now. There could be spoilers regarding the beginning of Emma's story and I's hate to ruin it for you. You have been wanred

By know, if you have been following Emma's story you know all about her dilemma, choosing between Dane and James. I remember when I first
Tara
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I'm done crying, I'll come back.

01/10/2014 - I'm back...

This review is a little different, but go with me here for a second…

In June of 2013, I received an email, not unlike others I had received before it, saying I’ve read your reviews on Amazon and I think you might like my book, would you consider giving it a try? Now, let me tell you – I’m nowhere near the top when it comes to Amazon reviewers, but I have gotten this email on more than a handful of occasions. The first time, I got burned
Stacie
5 "OMG THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!" Stars!! :)

"Do you give up?" I smile. "You haven't caught me yet."
He grins back. "Never."

My feelings after reading this book, it's going to be a challenge to put into words. If you've seen my reviews for the first two books in the series, you should know that this is like my all time favorite series. And I'm really sad to see it end, but damn am I happy about the ending! :)

So Reborn pretty much starts off where Allegiant ended. Emma has no memory of anyone or
Aleksandar Nedyalkov
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tier-1
OK, so I don't usually do this but I felt this trilogy is a one of a kind and I should write something. I am also doing this not only for the third book but rather for the whole series. And there it goes:
The first book, well it both made me crawl in bed and jump around. Oh, and by the way the ending was awesome.
The second book... GOD. I really don't know what to say about that one. It made me question my own sanity. I think I actually got a split personality disorder. For twenty or so pages I'd
Alma
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4,5 stars
Maggie Wadsager
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy a little paranormal love story then you will enjoy this book/series. For a topic that has been saturated with novels lately, this one is completely unique! I was hooked by the first chapter and read all three books in the series in just 2 days!! The author describes the characters and situations so well that I find myself loving and hating some of them! Warning: This series end in cliff hangers... but the entire series is out, so don't sweat it! I think the ending of this book was s ...more
Emm Cole
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read Guardian and Allegiant, you're probably not busy skimming reviews for Reborn. You've most likely rushed to buy your own copy and enjoy more of it. So rather than summarize, I'll only say that I was thrilled with the ending to this series. James and Emma made me cry. Dane and Emma require a fan, and I hold them responsible for nearly overheating my Kindle. Garrett, you're one of the best characters that I've ever had the privilege of getting to know. Really.
Ashley
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS SERIES
Confessions of a Book Whore
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review may contain spoilers. If you have not already read Guardian and Allegiant you may want to reconsider reading this until you have

I realize that when it comes to final books I tend to take my time getting to them. I like to live in my book worlds and when I know the end is near, I dip into other worlds before finally committing to ending my trilogy/series. I was going mad waiting for the release, but when it was finally in my hands I didn’t know if I was actually ready for it to end.
Ricky Penley
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Out of the whole series that Sara Mack has written I think this book is so far the best one. Don’t get me wrong Guardian and Allegiant was fantastic books and you couldn’t read this book as a stand-alone, so you needed to read the first two to get an idea of what was happening with this one. Well this book left off where Allegiant stopped. Of course if you read Allegiant then you know that it ended on a cliff hanger, and you been waiting for this book to come out.
Okay so in this book we find ou
Angela Cruz
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a paranormal romance with suspense. This is the third and final book in the series, bitter sweet. I so do not want this series to end... maybe a short story or two, Sara Mack? This was not meant to be read as a stand alone, it picks up where the last book Allegiant leaves off, but there are enough details that you will understand the story, but I recommend reading the first two books. I am personally disappointed with the ending, not that it is a bad ending so to speak... but it is most ...more
Jessica's Book Review
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

Reborn is the third and final book in the Guardian Trilogy. I am so sad to see this trilogy end. From the first book I was instantly hooked and connected to all the characters and the story. I do not think I have ever cried so much while reading a novel like I did with Guardian (Guardian #1). As much as I didn’t want to see the series end I also couldn’t wait to find out how it ends… my emotions were all over the place. I was Team James but also Team Dane…

Reborn picks up right where Allegiant le
Jen
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say I was saddened when I flipped to the last page of this epic story is an understatement. Slapped in the face with the words "The End". The finality of those words sink in and I am crushed! Mack tied up every lose end with a double knot and put a big fat bow around Emm and umm errh, you'll see..but a part of me still held out hope for another cliff hanger promising another book.

Still contemplating these characters well after finishing the book I know that this is one of those stories that
Christina Rodriguez
Shelves: favorites, arc, own
Reborn is the third and final installment in the Guardian Trilogy!

In this installment we pick up right where we left off. Emma is now trying to get back to the life she left behind and come to terms with her new "gift". But with most of her memories gone things aren't so easy. Especially when two boys are in love with you and you can't remember anything about them.

First there is Dane that hasn't left her side since being on the island. He takes care of her and makes her laugh. His attention dri
Tracey
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reborn the last book in The Guardian Trilogy continues the story of Emma, James and Dane. When I first started reading the book I was surprised about what things that Emma is able to remember and what she isn't. Whether Erasure was used or just her subconscious trying to protect her from the traumatic events that have happened, I found the strength in Emma to try to put her life back together endearing. She was going to begin living her life on her terms.

After some of what happened to her was e
Lucía
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Los últimos capítulos me han encantado.

También me gustó el que Emma no recordase nada (en un principio) o que pasase a ser un personaje activo y poderoso (view spoiler)
Charlotte
Shelves: favorites, owned
I love Sara Mack! She is one of my top fave authors and I can't wait to see what else she comes up with. I was super excited to read this final book in the Guardian Trilogy and it didn't disappoint at all.

Reading the final book in any series is always bittersweet. You don't want it to end, but you are glad for closure at the same time. This series was no different. I pretty much loved the end of this book, but it is sad that we won't see more from these characters. I very much enjoyed the cast
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Tragedy struck and took the love of Emma's life. She can't erase the pain that consumes her heart. Her best friend Shel comes to visit to help her heal and it starts by visiting Jame's grave. Emma continues day by day and her heart is mending slowly but then all of a sudden she is hearing a familiar voice, the one she thought she would never hear again. Until the voice in her head turns out to be more...so much more...

I came across this trilogy sold as .99 a few days ago and it was it is story I
Shelly Wygant
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book in the trilogy. As Emma struggles to regain her memories she discovers new things about herself. I loved that we get to know more about The Allegiant, The Larvatus and The Guardians.

This book was full of action, angst, suspense, and romance as Dane and James compete for Emma's love. Emma has new abilities that she has to learn to cope with. When the people she loves are threatened she uses her new abilities to save them.

Will Emma embrace her new abilities and learn to li
JC (Jen)
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Reborn-

This was such an amazing end to one of the best series of books that I have ever read! I did not want it to be over, and was in a huge book funk for a few days. This is not a book you can just get over, you feel like you are a part of the book, you will fall in love with the character, you will laugh and you will cry. You will love it! If you’ve read the first 2 books, then you are probably not here to read these reviews because I would imagine you are already half way through this book h
Tracey
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the finale book in this series so if you haven't read Guardianbk1 and Allegian bk2 read them first they are GREAT! This last book and conclusion of this series did not disappoint. In the normal Sara Mack way it was full of surprises, action, love, reckoning, and beginnings. I'm sad that it is over but excited to read whats next to be published by Sara. If you're looking for a paranormal about afterlife and angles this is a great one.
James Donnelly
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna try and review this without spoilers, but its not going to be easy.

It was a wonderful story. Plenty of emotions. This story plays for the heart definitely. When I read the first book I was rooting for one character, by the end of the trilogy, My opinion had changed. Unanswered questions were answered and the ending was wrapped up very nicely. I thoroughly recommend Sara Mack's trilogy, and I promise you won't be disappointed from this very new author.
Lindsey Lawson
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a hard one for me review. In my head, the progression of everything that happened made sense and everyone got their happy ending. I really loved that. In my heart, though, after the soul crushing, sob fest of the first one, I expected a different outcome. Don't get me wrong, I love this series and Sara. I just was expecting something different. I usually don't do that. At least not to the extent that I did with this one. I am very happy the way it ended.
Tara
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That was a wonderful and satisfying ending! Though I wouldn’t mind some additional stories around the Guardians, Allegiant, and Larvatus in the future. I’ll need come back to this series in the future for a re-read, because I devoured all three books way too quickly trying to see how everything worked out. I’m looking forward to more from Sara Mack in the future.
Linda
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Im not a writer, It hard for me to put into words just how amazing this series really is! I laughed, cried, and was left with such feeling :)
I have read many books since reading "The Guarding Trilogy" and I STILL miss them.
Its one of those books (trilogy) that never really leaves you!
Tiffany
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy emotional roller coaster! Sara you did it again, Reborn was all that I thought it would be and more. Was a little shocked at the demise of a key character, but all I can say is TEAM DANE! Add to your TBR!
Lisa Arrington
Perfect Ending

I am very pleased with how this trilogy ended and feel that it couldn't have gone any other way. Sara stayed true to her characters and the story and didn't pull punches, but still was able to give a happily ever after.
Amanda Keller
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to a trilogy. This book had me laughing at times and then I found myself crying at other times. It was a very good book.
Amanda
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
*Won this book in a giveaway!*

All i can say is, Amazing.
Heather
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm so sad there are no more of this trilogy, I loved reading this and it is one of my favorite books now. I really hope Sara Mack writes more because I will surely read whatever she writes!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Urchin (The Fairytail Saga #0.5)
  • Born of Oak and Silver (The Caradoc Chronicles, #1)
  • Give Me Desire (Reason, #3)
  • Moondust (Luminescence Trilogy #3)
  • Waking the Merrow (Merrow Trilogy, #1)
  • Kissing Midnight
  • Harvester (Harvester of Light, #1)
  • The Kota (The Kota Series Book 1)
  • Whispers and Wishes (Sage Springs, #1)
  • Fallen Grace (Grace, #4)
  • Awaiting Destiny
  • Ignited (Unclaimed, #2)
  • The Short Life of Sparrows
  • The Destined Series: The Complete Collection (Destined, #1-4)
  • Loving Kate (Acceptance, #3)
  • Love Today
  • True North (Undertow, #3)
  • Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3)
Sara Mack is a Michigan native who grew up with her nose in books. She is a wife and a hockey mom on top of being trapped in an office forty hours a week. Her spare time is spent one-clicking on Amazon and devouring books on her Kindle, cleaning up after her kids and two elderly cats, attempting to keep her flower garden alive, and, of course, writing. She has an unnatural affinity for dark chocol ...more
More about Sara Mack

The Guardian Trilogy (3 books)
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • Allegiant (Guardian, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be