Start by marking “Knowing Jack” as Want to Read:
Knowing Jack

Knowing Jack

I am not a slut, although I’ve been called one often enough. Yeah, I spent three months screwing one of my college professors, but I was crazy about the guy. Then he broke up with me.

I am not a bitch, although people like to say I am. I kept our relationship secret. I’m not responsible for telling the university administrators about it, but a lot of students still blame me
Published January 17th 2014 by Rachel Curtis (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Knowing Jack, please sign up.
Tithydor Ferdowsi I don't understand why people write sequel if he/she couldn't finish. …moreI don't understand why people write sequel if he/she couldn't finish. (less)

Start your review of Knowing Jack
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
2.5 maybe 3ish Stars

Chloe had a secret affair with her college professor.
He got fired.
She received nasty messages....
Threats....

"I'm her bodyguard it's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed."

So, Jack's role is to protect Chloe. The premise of this story attracted me immediately.... I love a protector style story... Especially when the guy has troubles of his own and is as swoonsome, gorgeous and passionate as Jack. What a sweetheart.

"I want to protect her like she's precious." **Melting**

He
Michelle
ARC provided by publishers via Netgalley in exchange for honest review

****4 I NEED TO KNOW MORE JACK STARS****

What can I say but I enjoyed reading Knowing Jack by Rachel Curtis!!! This book had me glued to my kindle since it was a quick read and I really wanted to know more about Jack and Chloe.

KnowingJack1

Chloe is starting off her senior year of college as the girl who slept with her professor, got him fired when someone exposes their relationship, and basically became the outcast of her small college
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

"I'm Chloe. I 'm a twenty-year-old art history major"

photo pic_1371669224_4.jpg

And Chloe now has a hot twenty-six-year-old hot bodyguard, named Jack <3

photo d2b57ef108537c1df29fed7762438fe6.jpg

photo Prue-yes-gif-prue-halliwell-20404708-500-250.gif

Jack kept me going for sure!

Chloe slept with her Professor and things didn't turn up well for both of them. She is now a target where everyone dislikes her for getting their favourite Professor in trouble.
She starts to get threats and her parents are worried. Hence, Jack comes in as a solution.

There is attraction between us. They want each other and yet they r
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
description

Knowing Jack will probably appeal to most of you readers but it was just alright for me. Originally, when I had read the plot synopsis, I was super excited and thought that the plot was going to go in a different direction but it ended up kind of falling short for me.

Chloe's character to me, is someone I would consider a relationship with to be like oil and vinegar. We're just two people who won't mix together under normal circumstances (unless forced) since her temperament and attitude got
Rachmi
ARC was provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

Do you read the blurb before you read the book? I mostly read it before I decide to read the book. But I should've known better that I shouldn't too rely on the blurb before I read the book because sometimes it misleads me. When I read the blurb of this book in NetGalley I was intrigued. Somehow I thought it will contain a drama with some kind of suspense and/or thriller scenes since the main character, Chloe ha
Johanna Sawyer
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Okay, I’m on a man-fast. That’s what I decided over the summer, and I’m still committed to it. No more men until further notice, since the ones I want give me nothing but trouble.

KNOWING JACK is a cute contemporary, new-adult romance. From the description, I was expecting this wild and crazy, brazen hussy – Why? Well, because, in the blurb, Chloe emphatically denies being a slut and a bitch and people generally do not like to claim such titles, so naturally, I assumed that she was both.

Ch
ysar
Chloe's dealing with the fallout from having slept with her professor, a relationship that eventually got him fired and made her the object of ridicule and speculation.  To make matters worse, someone's been sending her threatening messages, and online harassment in the form of a crude Tumblr page has now appeared.  Convinced the threats and harassment are more than just someone's sick idea of a joke, her parents hire a bodyguard to trail her everywhere.

Jack knows better than to get involved wit
Laylaw
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
4.5 I WANT TO KNOW JACK STARS!!! I seriously loved this book. The little teaser really reeled me in and there is so much more to this story, I just know there is. I have to know more about Jack, I feel like we only scratched the surface with him.

I liked having Jack's POV throughout the book, it really made him even more panty dropping amazing. Chloe's could be annoying but not to the point that it got in the way, I almost found her amusing- because her lists were funny to me and made me giggle.
Flirty Reader
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Knowing Jack wasn't breaking the mold, and that's all right. The reason I gave Knowing Jack five lip bites originally was because it gave me what I wanted: instant gratification. Then after thinking about the book, I knocked off a star because I kept thinking of ways the book contradicted itself and had some blaring holes that needed to be addressed.

Knowing Jack is the story of a young college student, Chloe, who after having a very public affair with her professor had suffered ridicule and now
Gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
This review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.com.

“No matter how much I want her, I’m not going to let go. I’m not going to fall. If I fell with her- for her- then I’d never be able to stop.”

I truly enjoyed this story: the story of two people who are dealing with the buried guilt and aftermath of their perceived mistakes. No matter how many walls these two put up, and how hard they push each other away, it’s clear that their efforts are in vain.

The story is written from the perspectives of both
Sarah's Book Blog
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Knowing Jack by Rachel Curtis Review

I received this ARC from Netgalley for my honest review.

4-4.5 Stars

Knowing Jack was a good quick read. Chloe is starting her senior year with a brand new reputation. After a fling with her professor she now needs a bodyguard after receiving death threats and nasty text messages. Her parents are worried about her staying at the school but she is determined to stay and finish out her senior year…with Jack following behind.

Jack, well, Jack is ALL man. Big, broa
Rachel
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluff
Ok so this is 3.5 stars really, and I'm rounding up. But let me explain.

Before I read this I read a book that completely sucked me in, and when I was finished I felt completely wrung out emotionally. So I needed this book. It came at just the right time. I was in the perfect frame of mind to warp into Chloe's life.

Even though Chloe has slept with her professor, become a social pariah, and has been getting death threats, the book is still rather light-hearted. Chloe's voice is often funny; when s
Michelle
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC from Rachel Curtis via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

3.5 OUT OF 5 STARS

I wanted to give this book four or possibly five stars out of five, but I couldn't. The voice in the back of my head was nagging me because of Chloe. I knew I couldn't go beyond a 3.5 rating because of her.

First off, I loved Jack. Hello - drool worthy book boyfriend. Can we get married like, yesterday? Thanks. Jack was just amazing. He was perfectly developed and well thought out. He had t
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
That ending!!! Omg. This book is super sexy. I gave it three stars because it has some minor editing issues. But it doesn't take away from the story too much. Also some parts were real repetitive.

Full review to come.

Update:
Knowing Jack was such an entertaining and wonderful read. Chloe has been shunned by the student body due to prior mistakes the previous semester. She slept with her professor, who also happened to be the professor that everyone loved.

In turn, due to all the bullying and thre
Heather andrews
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me first just say there better be a part two coming! Chloe she's a great girl, made a couple dumb mistakes but a really great girl, and she has lady balls, "you can't just barge in here whenever you hear a noise! This is my bedroom. I might have put up with you hovering all the time, but you can't invade my privacy this way." Jack he's, well he's an intimidating man, "Princess," he says in a drawl that feels exactly like sex, "I promise you'll know if I come on to you." No one and I mean no ...more
Gabriela
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Knowing Jack is a New Adult Contemporary Romance about a young woman and her bodyguard.

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The writing is a little choppy and the story line is predictable; it is written in dual POV although we hear more from the protagonist Chloe than Jack. Chloe's version reads a little like a one way conversation, you know the kind where you can't get in a word edgewise and Jack's character is pretty cut and dry. The chemistry between the two, r
Julissa
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Received the free arc through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I just gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. The beginning was a bit slow but the story picked up after that first chapter. The best part of this book was Jack. He kept me interested especially when Chloe was being a bit too much of a brat. He's sexy bossy but in the best way. Even though it's his job he doesn't keep his heart too far when when comes to protecting her. Not too much in the angst department but good if you're
Angelina
"4 We should definitely know more about Jack Stars"

I love and enjoy reading the story. Definitely a great read for me but the only thing is we should know more about Jack's character as in more hell about its like there is still a bit mystery about his character. Love how it is written with this conversational type thingy and it is entertaining as well. Over all Knowing Jack is a great story and definitely recommend this one.

*ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an
Rosalin
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
I couldn't connect with the characters at all. The blurb drew me in but once I reached 10% I questioned myself: "Is this worth your time?" by 20% I was like "No, I don't think so." 30% came and I asked myself again the same question. By 35% I couldn't keep torturing myself. Besides I am sick as hell right now.

**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review.**
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
It was really nice, but not exactly for me. I read the ARC and there were mistakes here and there, thus lessening the enjoyment. I guess it's to be expected though. Too much feels in this one, which was great, but overly dramatic too. 3.5 stars for this. ...more
Nina
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it

"I knew it!!! Aaaargh!"
That's what went through my head when I read the last few sentences. Even though Chloe was a bit on the annoying side I'm really curious what's going to happen to Jack and Chloe. Definitely one of the better NA books I read in the last few months!
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

Knowing Jack was a fun and sexy read.  Chloe and Jack were immensely cute together and I loved their unconventional relationship.  If you're looking for a light and fun read that will make you smile and swoon, then this is the book for you.

Initially, the blurb for this book drew me in.  I could tell from the book's description that Chloe was going to be a firecracker.  And she was.  Chloe made a big mistake. She slept with her college professor. And not just any professor.  Dr. Carter Ames,
Stephanie ~
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it

My Review

Three Fabulously Girly Stars

The synopsis for this book pulled me in and I was totally pumped to read Knowing Jack.

Knowing Jack goes between the POV of Chloe and Jack. Chloe, a little Miss. Perfect her whole life, did something she can't take back. And I don't think she really wants to. She had a relationship with her professor, and now that he has been fired she has the ire of the entire school weighing down on her. After several threats her wealthy parents hire a security firm to protect her. In comes Jack, the son of
Savannah
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone like romance
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

These are my five reasons why you should read Knowing Jack

1.Interesting Storyline: Chloe had an affair with her Anthropology professor (lucky girl), when all come to light her teacher is fired and almost everyone in the college hates her. She has received many threats and her parents hire a bodyguard for her. They close each other and slowly she starts knowing Jack.

“For letting everyone down. You’ve lived y
RoloPoloBookBlog
Knowing Jack by Rachel Curtis
Source: ARC from author
Rating: 5/5 stars

To date, Chloe Barlow has lived a charmed life. She is an art history major at a private college, she is the only child of wealthy, loving, and somewhat indulgent parents, she has a lovely apartment near campus and, a track record in school that is sure to land her a fantastic job post-grad. And then, the world shifts and everything that was once good and possible has vanished.
For three blissful months, Chloe indulged in an il
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
Thankyou to the author for my ARC

For more, please check out Smut & Spitfire Books
Rating:✪✪

I'm honestly sorry to say I didn't really like this book, I know some of my followers would enjoy it and I hate to be this kid:

To make you feel better, here's my idea of what Jack looks like naked...You're welcome.

Honestly, when reading this book there was just so much, "I love you...I hate you...No, no he cant have you, but I don't want you either" It drove me mad. I'll give y'all the plot:

Girl mee
Lori Palle
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
“I can stop them from hurting your body, but I can’t stop them from hurting your heart. You’ve got to do that yourself.”—Jack

Chloe made a big mistake by falling for her professor. Being dumped by him is just the start of the repercussions from that failed ‘relationship.’ She gets to start her senior year in college with passive-aggressive classmates and professors, death threats, and cyber bullying. The only positive? Her bodyguard Jack…

“I’m right here, whenever you need me.”—Jack

When I read the
Khanique McDaniel
I didn't get to know Jack but I would want to and when Chloe wasn't annoying me she was annoying someone else. The ending of this novel proved two things; Chloe is either clueless or selfish and thoughtless and I really have a problem with letting go of series that I am not fond of. Some might say she has no control and it's her dream but she wasn't clawing her way to her dream couple months ago was she?

I wasn't a fan of this book in the beginning and I am still not a fan at the end but due to m
Michelle Pickett
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I read the synopsis of “Knowing Jack” I knew I had to read the book. Whether I was offered an ARC, or I bought a copy—I was reading the book! I love, love, love, the jacket copy! Way to grab someone’s attention. I think it’s great and, like I said, it had me hooked as soon as I read it.

The storyline is one that’s been done before…professor and student meet, have chemistry, and do the nasty. But in “Knowing Jack” the reader gets to see the fallout after the two lovebirds are caught. I
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
  • Just One Night (Blue Beech, #2)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Dangerous to Know & Love
  • Heist [Darks #2]
  • Touchdown (GoodBoys #1)
  • Beautiful Redemption (The Maddox Brothers, #2)
  • La duquesa de Ruthland
  • Doppelbanger
  • The Donor
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • Blue Midnight (Blue Mountain, #1)
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Dirty Jock
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • The Last Guy
Rachel is a writer, a teacher, a romance reader, and a dog-mom. She loves animals and art and hot men with soft hearts under a tough exterior. She tries to write love stories that feel real, even in unlikely circumstances.

News & Interviews