Start by marking “The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert, Second Edition” as Want to Read:
The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert, Second Edition

The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert, Second Edition

Learn everything you need to know to get in to law school. This re-written and completely updated version of the bestselling law school school admission guide (first published in 2009) provides detailed information on how to present yourself in the law school application process.

Ann Levine brings more than a decade of experience in law school admissions (as director of adm
Published June 4th 2013 by Abraham Publishing (first published May 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Law School Admission Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law School Admission Game

erica
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honestly, everything in this book could probably be found on a forum online somewhere, but I still think that this is a valuable resource. The advice in this book was incredibly helpful as I wrote my personal statement, optional essays, and tweaked my resume. I learned so much about the law school admission process, and would definitely recommend Levine's book to anyone thinking about applying to law school.
Emilio Torres
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great advice; I will need to look at the newer edition for current processes.
Gwen Jones
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you know some things about law school admissions, then you might not get alot from this book. If you are like me and know nothing, this just might be the book for you.
Emmanuel
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely was the greatest book I picked up to prepare me for law School. I wasn't, unfortunately, able to attend law school... hopefully soon in the future, because of life forces that I had no control of. It's this whole societal reality that if you are too "overachiever" they hold you back, because they want to see if you're really that "exceptional". I didn't fit the typical law student, and I know most professional would understand this reality, so I had to be held back a couple of years t ...more
Becky Courage
As someone at the very beginning of the law school admission process, I found this book very helpful. It provided me with valuable information and insight into aspects of the application process I had no clue about. In particular, the chapter on resumes and the personal statement were highly beneficial.

However, this book was clearly written for an American student trying to get into a Top 10 Law School, and didn't always apply to my situation. I would have liked a more international view, being
Crystal
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after going through the law school application process which gives me some context to place the content.

The book over all is great. However, it's clearly designed for only American Law schools and doesn't address the fact that some of this information will not apply to students in other countries, such as Canada. This could cause difficulties for readers who are unaware of the differences in application and assessment processes.

The information on resumes is fabulous. As someone
Brian Strunk
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone currently seeking admission into law school, I've read a lot of material about the admissions process in addition to taking countless practice tests. This book provides a great insight into the admissions process from someone who was on the other end of the application process.

Levine's insight provided me with some critical direction, and as such I have reworked my application materials for law school. As a reader of her blog, as well as her twitter account (@annlevine), I was glad to
Queezle
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These tips all seemed straightforward and self-explanatory. "A wait list is not a rejection" - obviously, it's a wait list. "You need to take the LSAT to go to law school" - yes, thank you. Somehow I managed to figure that out on my own.

I don't necessarily think that it was a waste of my time to read, but I can't think of a single tip that stood out to me from this book that I wouldn't have already known or easily been able to figure out by googling "law school admissions timeline" or something
Amber Clark
This book is the best book I've read so far about the law school admission process. it's very informative and as I go thru the process over the next few weeks to start reapplying I know the mistakes I made last year.
Dawn Yount
While some of the info was helpful, it was not complete enough. It was also not overly helpful for an older, non traditional student. Probably would have been a lot of help to someone fresh out of college or close to it.
Bob Maher
Helpful and informative
Tri Le
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consider Anna Ivey's book. It's more comprehensive, credible and well-written. Plus Ivey is an actual admission committee member at U of Chicago.
Chad
Cade
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
1 follower
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, having distinguished herself with service to the Inter-American Law Review and membership in Order of the Coif (among other honoraries), Ms. Levine worked for the University of Denver College of Law as the Director of Student Services before becoming the Director of Admissions for California Western School of Law in San D ...more