Start by marking “Till Human Voices Wake Us” as Want to Read:

Annie Bellet
Preview

Till Human Voices Wake Us

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In this large collection, author Annie Bellet demonstrates her gift for the short form, offering readers twenty short stories, novelettes, and novellas that are compelling, beautifully imagined, and entertaining.

Till Human Voices Wake Us contains 20 stories ranging from hard science fiction to space opera, sword and sorcery to magical realism, some in print for the first t
Audiobook
Published (first published August 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Till Human Voices Wake Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Till Human Voices Wake Us

Backcoverpromotions
Review by Tammy

Till Human Voices Wake Us from Annie Bellet is a collection of 20 short stories. There is no better way to describe this than eclectic. No matter what your reading genre preference there will be something that will grab your attention and pull you deeper into the book. Many will take you on a journey that will find you wondering "Why isn't this longer?" But that's the power of the short story.

None of these are the same. They're all unique. I'm not always a reader of anthologies wi
blueskies982
I received an Audible recording of this book in exchange for a review from LibraryThing.com. Thank-you very much! I've enjoyed this anthology thoroughly!

Short stories are difficult to write well. Characters must be developed, setting established, action & resolution all must be tidy. This is an anthology with 20 short stories - science fiction and fantasy and each story is well developed, has action, and a satisfying resolution. They also leave room for the reader's speculation.

Each story
Heidi Vlach
Many human cultures and races appear in this collection, represented by lots of resilient female characters. Always nice to see in speculative fiction! The stories tend to start with numerous small details about the setting and the culture, which is probably helpful if you’re the type of reader who likes a crisp sense of place.

Out of all the stories, I really liked Crawlies (pretty much entirely for the Teutheids, squid-like aliens who are commendably patient with the frustratingly ignorant huma
Sandra
I love short stories. This collection was well done. In some the tale is more plot driven and in others it is more character driven. Science fiction and fantasy are well covered here. There is action, lots of imagination and plotting that won't let you down. I will be looking for more from this author. I received this free through Library Thing giveaways for an honest review.
Lori Franklin Hopkins
I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

Some of these stories don't fall under my usual fare, but i have to say that I enjoyed them greatly. Nice change of pace.
Jai
This collection of 20 sci-fi/fantasy stories gives you a good short read when you want an escape from the mundane. They are all different, rather than a series and I enjoyed the variety and the imaginative characters.
Manish Mathai
Manish Mathai marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Hannah
Hannah is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2015
Kevin Seachrist
Kevin Seachrist is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2015
C. L.
C. L. marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
sergei
sergei is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
S.
S. marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Annie Bellet is a full-time speculative fiction writer. She holds a BA in English and a BA in Medieval Studies and thus can speak a smattering of useful languages such as Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Welsh.

Her books include Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division: Book 1), A Heart in Sun and Shadow (Cymru That Was: Book 1), The Gryphonpike Chronicles series, and the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.

H
More about Annie Bellet...
Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #2) Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1) Pack of Lies (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Book, #3) Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Book, #4) Heartache (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #5)