Start by marking “Till Human Voices Wake Us” as Want to Read:
Till Human Voices Wake Us

Annie Bellet

Till Human Voices Wake Us

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In this large collection, author Annie Bellet demonstrates her gift for the short form, offering readers twenty short stories, novelettes, and novellas that are compelling, beautifully imagined, and entertaining.

Till Human Voices Wake Us contains 20 stories ranging from hard science fiction to space opera, sword and sorcery to magical realism, some in print for the first t
Audiobook
Published (first published August 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Till Human Voices Wake Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Till Human Voices Wake Us

Heidi Vlach
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many human cultures and races appear in this collection, represented by lots of resilient female characters. Always nice to see in speculative fiction! The stories tend to start with numerous small details about the setting and the culture, which is probably helpful if you’re the type of reader who likes a crisp sense of place.

Out of all the stories, I really liked Crawlies (pretty much entirely for the Teutheids, squid-like aliens who are commendably patient with the frustratingly ignorant huma
Backcoverpromotions
Review by Tammy

Till Human Voices Wake Us from Annie Bellet is a collection of 20 short stories. There is no better way to describe this than eclectic. No matter what your reading genre preference there will be something that will grab your attention and pull you deeper into the book. Many will take you on a journey that will find you wondering "Why isn't this longer?" But that's the power of the short story.

None of these are the same. They're all unique. I'm not always a reader of anthologies wi
J.
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
3-3.5 stars

This was an interesting collection of stories. I probably enjoyed the majority of them, but wasn't really blown away by any. It's interesting for an author to create so many worlds only to pull a small tale from each. The range of styles between the short stories was impressive.

I could have done without the homosexual story and the only Christians mentioned were the most hateful people ever.

The Samson and Delilah story was weird, really only caused me to wonder why Godless people get
Lori Franklin Hopkins
I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

Some of these stories don't fall under my usual fare, but i have to say that I enjoyed them greatly. Nice change of pace.
Jai
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of 20 sci-fi/fantasy stories gives you a good short read when you want an escape from the mundane. They are all different, rather than a series and I enjoyed the variety and the imaginative characters.
Katherine
Linda R. Freeman
Jul 06, 2016
Jennifer Worth
Apr 14, 2015
Annie Bellet is a full-time speculative fiction writer. She holds a BA in English and a BA in Medieval Studies and thus can speak a smattering of useful languages such as Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Welsh.

Her books include Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division: Book 1), The Gryphonpike Chronicles series, and the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.

Her interests besides writing include rock climbing,
More about Annie Bellet...