Start by marking “I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow, #2.7)” as Want to Read:
I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow, #2.7)

I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow #2.7)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,790 ratings  ·  288 reviews
It's Christmas in Half-Moon Hollow and newly turned vampire Iris Scanlon-Calix wants to make Gigi's first visit home from college as normal and special as possible. It's taken months for Iris to work up the nerve to spend time around her baby sister after her vampire transition, so she enlists help from Jane Jameson and Company to keep her blood-thirst under control and as ...more
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 4 pages
Published December 5th 2013 by Audible, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas

Christy
4 stars!

photo BeFunky_candy_canejpg_zpse17e4240.jpg

What a pleasant surprise this holiday novella was! I’ve never read anything by Molly Harper before this, but I just added pretty much all of her books to my TBR list, especially ones from this series.

This book follows a human named Gigi who has a vampire for a sister, and a slue of vampire and werewolf friends. There are also a few humans thrown into the mix. It makes for a very interesting holiday. Being in Gigi’s head was just laugh out loud funny. I adored her. This was such an easy
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas is #2.7 in the Sleepy Hollow series by Molly Harper. I need to admit here that I have not read the previous books in this series. I am a HUGE Molly Harper fan so when I saw this book offered on NetGalley I jumped at the chance to read it. It didn’t take me long at all to piece together the details of the previous books. I do plan, though, to go back and read the them because now I will also need to see what happens next!

photo mc_zps2b56cfa6.jpg

Iris Scanlon is a vampire now and is ma
♥Rachel♥
Gigi is coming home for Christmas, first time since Iris has turned, and Iris is fretting over making it normal for her.

Gigi is home from college and her life is on the cusp of change. First, Ophelia wants to hire her for the counsel (vampires) but once you start working for them you can’t quit. Big decision there. Also, Gigi is thinking about ending things with her longtime high school boyfriend, Ben, but she can’t bring herself to do it. They have a close relationship but it feels more like f
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
This was a fun Christmas novella with the undead residences of " Half-Moon Hallow Series . Gigi Scanlon comes home to Half Moon Hollow after being away for 3 yrs at college, Iris now a vampire want's everything perfect for Gigi's homecomeing and Christmas so she sets out to have a "old fashioned traditional family Christmas" with a little help from her HMH friends.

I think this is setting us up for HMH book #3 since a new vampire was simi-introduced and has been watching GiGi from afar. Looking f
Karla

4 Stars for this fun freebie!

Nothing screams Christmas like vampires!! Well...maybe not...but just because you're undead doesn't mean you've lost that holiday spirit. Having the Half-Moon Hollow gang together for some Christmas cheer was a blast. I love them all, but Dick Cheney is fast becoming my favorite character in this series. His gift to Jane was hysterical!

Not a whole heck of a lot of story, but I don't think that was the point, just some fun stuff from Molly Harper for fans of the seri
Yodamom
Cute short Christmas tale with recipes for a happy undead holiday meal with your living friends. This was my first taste of this series and it left me hanging and really wanting to know who the blond mystery man was. I really liked the humor and romance the way it was written. I am on my way to know more about Gigi and her blond romeo in the next book.
Becky
This is the second half-book I've read in the Half-Moon Hollow series (and oddly, they were both #'s 2.5... Not sure how THAT works, but, whatever). I haven't read any of the actual series though.

The first one I'd read was Undead Sublet, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I thought that the characters had interesting personalities and chemistry, and the story was fun and quite humorous.

This one... well, it did not come even close to being as enjoyable. There were some funny parts which had me laugh
Regina
So it was fun to see all the characters "living" (or not living) in Half Moon Hollow. I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas is a character reunion of all the characters from the Jane Jamison series by Molly Harper and the Half Moon Hollow series. Many authors do holiday reunion books, most are fun and almost all do not add any substance to the series. I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas is no different in those respects, but the author and publisher have made the audio book version is free on audi ...more
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)
This was more of a 3.75 star, not quite a 4-star.

this is Novella was both Gigi's story and a Christmas in the Half-Moon Hollows story. It's been 3 years since she went off to college. She is still dating Ben, although they've hit a rut, and she is coming home from the first time since Iris followed through on her promise to Cal. Both sisters are a little nervous, but it is obvious these sisters missed each other.

I loved this story. I love how Cal has really taken to his role as "man in the house
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very enjoyable story. It's not a full story but more of a holiday short that lets us Molly Harper fans see our favorite characters for Christmas and get some of Gigi's story.

This story is told from the PoV of Gigi, Iris' (from The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires) younger sister who has been away at college. Iris turned vampire while Gigi was away (a planned turning) but has been very nervous of attacking her and so Gigi hasn't been home in months, finally getting to come hom
Ian
It's kind of hard to know where to put this audiobook. It's a Christmas present from Molly Harper to her fans and is a bit like A Muppet Family Christmas. It really is just a parade of characters from the Half Moon Hollow universe.

For what it is it works very well. It's a cute and free novella, in which the fans get to catch up with their favourite characters and get a little intro into what will presumably be the next story in the series. If I was just rating this book on its merits, I'd proba
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas is a lovely holiday novella set in the Half-Moon Hollow series. The story is told from the first person POV of Gigi, sister to Iris, the main character of the first full-length book, The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires. Gigi is home on holiday break from the University of Kentucky, and it is first time seeing her big sister since Iris became a vampire.

Fans of Ms. Harper’s Half-Moon Hollow series will enjoy this story, and while it can be read as a stand alo
PopcornReads
Molly Harper is known for her romance novels, including a couple of paranormal romance series. This fun little novella is the prequel to a novel to be released in 2015, The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire. When I saw the book cover for I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas, I couldn’t resist finding out more but I was concerned it might be a book in the middle of a series I hadn’t read.

It is part of the Half-Moon Hollow series, which has included at least two prior books about the main charac
Mary
Christmas and Vampires. A natural combination.

I love novellas as part of a series. They can fill in stories that the writer wasn't able to use as part of the main plot line. Or, they can just be a fun add-on like this one. The good news is that you don't always have to read the full series before hand. I hadn't read any of these books but was able to follow along and enjoy this one just fine. Now that I've been properly introduced to the characters I can't wait to read all of them.

Merry Christ
Lynne
I'm not sure what happened here...I was enjoying a pretty classic Molly Harper storyline, and next thing you know, it was, like, over. I realize this is a novella, but even for a novella, this one not only was cut exceptionally short, it ended abruptly...leaving me a bit confused as to what happened. I've read the Undead Sublet, another novella by Molly Harper, and quite enjoyed it. In fact, it was my first introduction to her work. And, this one seemed to be heading in a similar direction (alth ...more
Amanda
Feb 17, 2014 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of romance and kitsch
Shelves: fiction, audio-books
Another free on Audible.

I like that this references my alma mater, the University of Kentucky. It gets a spiritual loyalty star for that.

Overall, it reads like a fanfiction. That doesn't mean bad. What I mean is that it has the schlocky, slice of life, conversational tone that a lot of fanfictions relish in espousing. The character traits are superficial and recognizable, often not not even hinting at much depth as they seem to rely on already established conventions to deliver most of their st
Melissa
I haven't read the Half Moon Hollow books yet, but I have read the Jane Jameson series. The Half Moon Hollow series is the offshoot of Jane Jameson so I knew most of the characters going into this audio. I do suggest you at least read/listen to the series in order since it was obvious things happened right before this book. However, since I knew almost everyone there I didn't feel lost at all.

What I loved about this audio and what I love about al Molly Harper books is her humor. LOVED seeing a n
Keri
LOL...there were so many fun moments in this book. It did remind me of my Christmas's growing up and just how crazy my family would get. I miss those times though, with my gran gone, we don't have those anymore. Pity. I can identify with the lava candied sweet potatoes...*giggle*.
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
Leaves me eager for the next book in the series, but not as well-rounded as story as I like. But- as always, ADORE Amanda Ronconi's narration!

*Freebie from Audible!
Liz
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

Yay! This was definitely a Christmas-themed story. Finally! Not so yay, it was a novella. Plus, I'm still struggling to figure out what the point of this story was. Most novellas are a story about a couple of secondary characters getting together. At least, that's been my experience so far. But in this story, no one got together. In fact, I'm not sure that the characters that inhabit this universe have moved forward in any discernible way. But
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

I'M DREAMING OF AN UNDEAD CHRISTMAS lives up to its billing as a prequel novella to THE DANGERS OF DATING A REBOUND VAMPIRE. Unfortunately, I must have missed that part before I read it, and as such, was expecting a complete romance story, like the other novellas in the Half Moon Hollow series.

If you're a fan of Half Moon Hollow and Molly Harper, there's no way you won't get at least some enjoyment out of I'M DREAMING OF AN UNDEAD CHRISTMAS. All our fa
Jillyn
Three and a half stars, rounded up.

I'll be the first one to admit that this is my first reading experience from Molly Harper. I know that this is book 2.7 in a series, but when a book stumbles into your inbox about vampires and Christmas, you read it no matter what number in the series it is. I have to say that I really love Harper's writing style, and I'll definitely be reading the rest of the Half-Moon Hallow books.

It was a little bit harder for me to get a grasp on all of the characters (ther
Erin Burns
I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is a novella set in the Half Moon Hollow series, which is a spin-off from the Jane Jameson series and in the same world as the Naked Werewolf series. While you don't need to read the naked Werewolf story (or vice versa) to enjoy these, the Jane Jameson ones are somewhat required as far as I am concerned.

This particular novella is actually kind of interesting. It was initially released as an a
Reanne
This was a fairly fun story, but there were things I liked and didn't like about it.

I liked that it focused on characters we already know. If you've read the other stories, you'll probably recognize everyone in this one. I liked spending time with familiar characters again, especially since, as this shows, the cast is already getting a bit unweildy, and that's even without the main characters from the last HMH book being there.

What I didn't like was that one of the purposes for this book was to
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This was a freebie on Amazon, yeah Holidays!! I really liked this sweet little visit with all our friends in Half Moon Hollow, but it totally leaves you hanging!! I want to know what is going to happen with GiGi!!!!

This is a very sweet thought, but a crazy tease at the same time. And not even a possible release date or teaser for GiGi's book! I really enjoyed the gift but it is like opening the batteries before you discover the toy under t
TheGeekyBlogger
Listened for Fun (Audible Freebie)
Holiday review (short)
Overall Rating: 3.5
Story Rating: 3.0
Character Rating: 4.0

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas was fun, sassy, but didn't give me answers darn it!

Story Thoughts: Let me start by saying this: Molly Harper is ALWAYS a hoot to read/listen too. I may have one teensy weensy problem with this story but it was well worth the time I spent listening to it. I laughed so har
Crystal
As someone who has not read any of the books from this series, I really enjoyed this book! Molly Harper gives enough info on all the characters that you won't be lost if you read this as a stand alone. It also has me very interested in the rest of the series now. I laughed so much while reading this :) Even with not knowing all that much about the characters, I enjoyed them very much and coukd feel their connections. Now please excuse me while I look into the books in this series . . .
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - This audible freebie was a nice little slice of a Half Moon Hollows Christmas, with a set up for Iris' little sister Gigi's story (a new job and a kiss lay the ground work.) The humor and the dialog lend themselves well to the 'listening' format, but on the story front there really isn't enough set up in this short - especially considering that the vast majority of the gang from the Jane/Half-moon books have cameos - to work well as a stand alone. But for those who have read the othe ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: R
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: Great for a freebie
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Home for the Holidays
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Not Sure

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
For an in between book it was good. I feel like it lacked focus or substance. Meaning it didn’t feel like a story even a story one. More like an event. Plus, I haven’t read any other novellas in the series and didn’t have any idea who Tess and Sam were. I was also a
Beth
So glad the bacon sweater for Turkey recipe was there, may have to try it.
  • The Undead in My Bed (Includes: Midnight Liaisons #1.5, Dark Ones #10.5, Half Moon Hollow #2.5)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Holiday Sparks
  • Love in the Afternoon (Feeling the Heat, #1)
  • That Touch of Magic (Nodaway Falls, #2)
  • Size Matters (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #2)
  • Where The Heart Is (Ribbon Ridge, #0.5)
  • Risky (Torn Between Two Lovers #2)
  • The Accidental Genie (Accidentals, #7)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful: A Holiday Novella (Cupcake Lovers #3.5)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5)
  • Dark Heat: The Dark Kings Stories (Dark Kings, #0.1-0.3)
  • Whodunnit? Murder in Mystery Manor (Whodunnit?, #1)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor
More about Molly Harper...

Half-Moon Hollow (4 books)
  • The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1)
  • A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)
  • The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3)
  • The Single Undead Moms Club (Half-Moon Hollow, #4)
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2) The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1)