Start by marking “Overwhelmed (Blurred Lines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Overwhelmed (Blurred Lines, #1)

Overwhelmed

(Blurred Lines #1)

It was a chance meeting
That changed everything

Before only one man loved me
Now two do

One is my husband
The other a lover

I didn’t cheat
We had a threesome

But the problem was what followed
My lover wanted more than one night

My husband got angry
My lover got dirty

And I got overwhelmed
Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Overwhelmed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overwhelmed

Marita Hansen
Dec 03, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Please note: OVERWHELMED's price will be changing back later today.

Chippy Marco
Where to begin... Once upon a time a boy asked a girl out and they fell in love and got married and lived happily ever after...

Queue the scratching sound, because twenty years later they are living not so happily ever after. Kelly is unhappy. She still loves Tom, and who wouldn't, he's fucking great, but with their differences in opinion on her work and the trouble they are having with their daughter, it all starts wearing down on their marriage, taking that shine off and leaving it dented and i
Elaine
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

It's now live!!!

Threesomes are by far the most common sexual fantasy

Kelly and Tom have known each other for 20 years. They met at school and even though Tom has had brief previous experiences before meeting Kelly, for her its only ever been Tom.
 photo tumblr_m8tck930a91ra1dhjo1_500_zps7e8f4ab2.gif

With the everyday pressures of raising teenage children and with Kelly's obsession with writing and desperate to get published.

The couple find themselves drifting into a stale relationship.

Tom makes a suggestion to Kelly...to spice up their sex life.
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
4 OVERWHELMING StArS

IT'S NOW LIVE!!

There's no denying I'm a big fan of Marita A. Hansen and have enjoyed her books for some time.

Overwhelmed is a great addition to her collection.

The story begins with Kelly Hamlin.......Kelly is determined to try and make a success at being a full time writer. Working all hours on her writing and juggling her busy home life caring for her family.

But she fails to see that her marriage to Tom is becoming stale..... blinded by the fact that she is overwhelmed by
Alexis *Reality Bites*
REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica
NOTE: This review contains mild spoilers as I discuss the characters. But no major plot twist and/or major reveals will appear.

‘Sex was now on the menu-with me and Tom as the main course’

In Overwhelmed Kelly and Tom Hamlin go to a sex club called Top Hat in hopes of spicing up their marriage only they leave more broken than they were prior to arriving whether they know it yet or not.

When Eric Fir
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
*****4 1/2 Stars*****

NOW LIVE

photo Ourbrandnewbanner-2_zps013d368f.jpg
Michelle
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, arc, adult-fiction
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review

☆☆☆☆☆ 4 1/2 Overwhelmed Stars ☆ ☆☆☆☆

overwhelmed

Overwhelmed by Marita Hansen is one sexy read where fantasies, lust and desires becomes a reality. Ms. Hansen takes her readers on hell of a ride where readers are thrown into the lives of Tom and Kelly Hamlin. When Tom brings his wife to a sex club, he wanted to fulfill her sexual desires. Being the total sweetheart that Tom is, this experience was for the love of his life, Kelly even if it means a threeso
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆ "Overwhelmed (Blurred Lines, #1)" by Marita A.Hansen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author "Marita A.Hansen" in exchange for an honest review ☆

One night that changed everything

This book got to me on such an emotional level, it ripped my heart out and spat it out! !TEAM TOM How could they not see how much they loved each other, I just wanted to jump in the book and shake them both, what they had and have was so strong, you could see that, at one stage I even had tears in m
Iva
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's funny how the short blurb says a lot about the book, pulls you to the story, but still says so little. "Owerwhelmed" is not a simple one-dimensional story. I thought it would be somewhere on the line of Tempted because they're both about a married couple including a third one in their sexual life. But that is exactly where the similarity ends.
This book is so much more.

Tom and Kelly are highschool sweethearts, married I think for about 15 years, with a couple of kids too, which surprised me
Kelle
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from author for honest review

I became a fan of Marita Hansen after reading My Masters Nightmare and fell in love with that series, shortly after I think I started cyber-stalking her and getting any information I could on what she was working on. When I found out she was working on Overwhelmed excited doesn't even begin to describe what I was feeling. First of all she said the magic words Threesome and David Gandy look-alike so of course I was going to read this book.

And what an amaz
Shreya
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
4-4.5 'Overwhelmed' Stars!

What happens when things don't go as planned?

My casting:

TOM

KELLY

ERIC

description

Tom and Kelly are two high school sweethearts. They have know each other for 20 years and have been married for more than 15 years. They have two kids.

description

At the age of 37, they decide to spice up their sex lives by going to a sex club, for a good time.

A handsome hunk of man catches Kelly's eye. He's none other than Eric.

description

Kelly feels a strange attraction towards the man. Though anyone within a five
Sammie
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, this was good!

Valuable lessons learned from reading this book- a threesome is not good for a marriage.

After reading the blurb I couldn't wait for this one, and I wasn't at all disappointed.

It's one of those books you can't put down. I felt connected to the characters and involved in the situation as if it were going on in my own life. It's not often a book can do that to you!

I don't want to say much about it, the blurb says enough but I will say it's fucking off the charts hot ,
Just My Bucking Book Blog
A MÉNAGE BOOK?!?!?!?

Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I graciously received an ARC of Overwhelmed by the author.
This is about a married couple, who seem to have let responsibilities, kids, life in general get in the way. Kelly is a writer with some minimal local success. She is obsessed with making writing her full time career. Her husband Tom is disinterested in her writing & this is a point of contention in their 20 year relationship. Tom suggests visiting a sex club to spice up their relationship. Kelly relulctantly agrees, I think to make u
Shelby
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team*

Kelly and Tom are high school sweethearts who are married and raising a family (aww). I enjoyed reading about their relationship: both the beginning, and present time. (I may have "fallen" for Tom).
In an attempt to spice up their love life, they check out a sexy club....
This is just the beginning of their story!
They decide, while at the club, they will include another man (Eric). I've never questioned the dynamics of a thr
Lorrie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I went into this book thinking it was going to be straight out erotica, and and was surprised at the depth of it. I thought it was sad! I really felt for Kelly, and her daughter Nicky reminded me of my niece. The sexy times were sexy, but I have to say that I didn't care for Eric at all; there were a couple moments I started to feel a bit sorry for him, but by the end of the book I pretty much despised him. I think Tom is absolutely great! I loved the way it went back and forth between present a ...more
Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN**
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, beta-read

If your husband asked you to spice up your sex life, would you agree? What if going there meant you would lose everything you love?
Tom and Kelly had a run of the mill marriage. Kids, debt and no spark....until Tom suggests a sex club...
One wild night sends these two down a rabbit hole. With no end in sight, they need to trust that their love is solid and allow no one, meaning the sexy but somewhat disturbed Eric and his mischievous Russian bimbo to railroad them. Eric will stop at nothing to ha
Janey
DNF at 53%..so will not rate.

What I liked about this book was the husband Tom. In the flipping between past and present, Tom proved to be a humorous, loyal, endearing character.

Unfortunately, I didn't gain one iota of a connection with any of the other characters. I found Kelly wooden and Eric, quite honestly, creepy. I also found the writing style not conducive to my tastes...

"I started to frig her, making her pant."

"She was sweet, not manky like some of the other chicks I'd been with."

Anna
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Any book that makes me root against th David Gandy HAWT billionaire is well written!
Emily Crow
Honestly, this book was better than I expected it to be. I decided to read it because it was available on kindle unlimited and matched one of the categories I need for a reading challenge, but I was prepared for awful. The story concerns a married couple from New Zealand in early middle age, Kelly and Tom, who decide to spice up their sex life with a trip to a sex club. It's mostly Tom's idea, but when Kelly meets a hot British guy named Eric, she's into the idea of a threesome. But afterwards, ...more
Laney Summers
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOW! So I read the blurb and thought got married young, raising kids, and stale sex life hey maybe she is writing a book about me. LOL! Then I saw threesome and said NOPE not me just a fantasy! I was immediately intrigued. Come on now you know THREESOME had you a little bit excited to read this book too!

Kelly and Tom have been married for 20 years and they fall into a rut. Their sex life has become boring and stale. Tom Suggests they try going to a sex club to spice things up. This is where line
Book Junky Girls
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kelly always been in her own world writing stories. 20 years later and she is still small time with only a small audience at her home New Zealand. When her husband askes her to spice up their life by going to a sex club things for them could rather quickly change. what was supposed to be one night out turned into the threesome with sexy Brit Eric. After all is said and done Eric's interested more than just one night how far will he go to get Kelly?

Kelly is always there for everyone else letting
Redfox5
Another great book from Marita. Kelly is a struggling indie author who can't get a break, she's been neglecting her husband, who to spice things up, suggests they go to a sex club. At this club they meet a man called Eric and end up having a threesome. This is where things start to go wrong, as Eric is not willing to leave it at that........

I feel like in this book Marita put alot of herself into it. I'm not suggesting she and her husband go to sex clubs but I felt like maybe she wrote alot of h
Gabriela
May 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
The whole ménage à trois thing was what sucked me in, however, it wasn't nearly enough to make think that this is a good read.

At first, everything was so slow; Kelly and her husband are deciding to try some new things out to spice up their intimate life. It took me over 15% of the book to get somewhere. I was just desperate, and bored.

Then, the threesome happens; this set up was the most alluring element in the book; it was the highest point. After that, it's just nonsense. My way of seeing it;
Anna
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tom and Kelly were high school sweethearts and he was her first and only love. Flash forward 20 years when daily life and raising two kids has taken its toll. Tom and his business partner struggle to keep their construction company afloat while Kelly toils away trying to make it as a writer. Wanting to add a spark to their sex life Tom convinces Kelly to try a couple local sex clubs. Enter Eric.

A few years their senior and very handsome, Kelly is immediately attracted to him at the club and she
Chiara Cilli
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Commento ufficioso: Well well well, da dove cominciare?! Immagino sappiate perfettamente che io venero questa autrice per la sua serie My Masters' Nightmare, perciò non potevo lasciarmi sfuggire questo suo romanzo erotico :P sapete anche che non tutto mi attrae, ma quando ho visto questa cover... awww :Q_ e quando ho letto la trama? Doppio, anzi, triplo - e ora capirete perché - aww!!! Ebbene sì, girls, avete insinuato bene: si tratta di un triangolo amoroso - e io nooooon resisto ai triangoli :
Kooky
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC from author
Tom and Kelly were high school sweethearts and 20 years later they are married with 2 children. Tom feels that something is missing and persuades Kelly to go to a sex club with him where they meet Eric.
Eric is a publisher and contacts budding author Kelly outside of the club. Is he genuinely interested in her writing or is using it as a route to get Kelly?
Eric is so cocky and arrogant, so sure he can get what he wants and won't say no in his fight for Kelly. You see a more human,
´*•.¸(*•.¸♥Laura♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
**2.5**

Please believe it when I say, I wanted to love this book, I wanted too sooooo much. I absolutely love this author.

The story itself was interesting, and had a lot of potential but I kept stumbling over the writing style; I found the pace of the writing strange and the dialog... awkward. I had trouble painting the scene in my head as the story unfolded.

I hate to add to this, but Kelly’s character did not work for me which in turn, made it difficult for me to fall in love with the story.
Mary
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Once a line has been crossed, you can't uncross it. Looking back, Kelly can't help but wonder what if? Now two men love her and she only loves one.

I was hesitant about this book at first, but by the end I'm totally in love with the story that Ms. Hansen has given us. I can't wait for the next installment of Blurred Lines.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Overwhelmed's Indiegogo Campaign 1 19 Mar 13, 2014 02:40AM
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Avarice (Alfonzo,#12)
  • Rewired (Progress, #3)
  • Shadows of Deceit (Sin City Heat, #5)
  • Old Souls
  • Conflict (Control, #2)
  • Leverage (The Mistaken #2)
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Mr. Seductive (Heartfelt #2)
  • Selling Out (The Lost Girls, #2)
  • A Lover's Worth (The Ramseys, #5)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • No Ordinary Love
SOME FACTS ABOUT ME:

NATIONALITY: I am a New Zealander with Croatian heritage.

SPORTS: As a teenager my favourite sports were karate, badmington, and running. I also did unarmed combat and played in a touch rugby team (my gym teacher made me do the last one!) As an adult, I've couched soccer and have completed two marathons, numerous half-marathons and one 30K run. Though, I have been slack of late,

Blurred Lines (2 books)
  • Hungover (Blurred Lines, #2)