Start by marking “Braving the Elements (Darkness, #2)” as Want to Read:
Braving the Elements (Darkness, #2)

Braving the Elements

(Darkness #2)

With a life goal of fitting in, Sasha hopes her strange abilities will finally make true friendship a possibility. Unfortunately, her magic doesn’t function like everyone else’s. What she thought would make her belong, sets her apart now more than ever. ...more
Published March 21st 2014 by Smashwords (first published February 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Braving the Elements, please sign up.
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) Yes you do. These books aren't standalone books. The story in each book is a direct continuation of the previous one so it would be best to read them…moreYes you do. These books aren't standalone books. The story in each book is a direct continuation of the previous one so it would be best to read them all in order. Hope you enjoy it if you read it! Good luck :)(less)

Start your review of Braving the Elements (Darkness, #2)
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Arr Charles is still my favourite.

"Hey. What-ah...whatchya doin'?
"Ohh nothing much. Just crouching here behind this plant in a puddle of urine. I'm naked though, so I dried quick. Spot of luck on that score."

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Why haven't I read this series before? It's easy, funny, action-filled with hotness overload. Awesome!
Rate: 3.5 *black and gold bowtie ‘Sasha’ sized teddy bear* stars.
Sally Sparrow
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think I'm in love. I almost don't want anyone else to read this book, because I don't want to share my gorgeous new book boyfriend. I found him first, he's mine!

If only.

Sasha and Stefan are back, in this anxiously-awaited, much-anticipated (is that redundant?) second installment of their story. If you haven't yet read Into the Darkness (the first installment), do so now. Like, right this very minute now.

I'm not even sure what to say that won't give away the
Caroline
May 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
like most books of this genre, this was contrived and had the overall feel of being written by a high school freshman

You have Sasha, who's vocabulary consist of "mutant" "freak" and "pet" when describing herself. She falls for Stefan because the inexplicable link between them. He's haughty and treats her domineeringly throughout the first and second book, and no matter how mad she is at him, she melts and creams her panties when looking at his muscle or "angelic" face.

She is useless
Sláinte Wanderlust
Wow, it was like reading a totally different series from the first book!
I enjoyed the first book a lot even though it was a little outside my comfort zone - the fact it was so weird was probably why i enjoyed it so much actually. So I started this book I prepared for all sorts of naughtiness, craziness & non consensual sex.. but well.. I was left ah, wanting a little. I still really enjoyed the book but it was a big difference from the first book.
Carly
Yup, she was going to play hell on his life, but there was nothing for it now. The decision had been made in that first second his eyes had touched hers under the streetlight those few months ago. It was amazing he'd resisted this long.
Fate was such a tricky bitch.

I had a hard time with this one. I wanted to like it so much more than I did. It took me forever to kinda get my bearings and I thought it was just because it was so long since I read the first book. I ended up going back and
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

So much better than the first book! I couldn't get enough of this story!

Sasha is trying to learn her powers at the mansion, but nothing comes easy for her. As a human, she is at a disadvantage and bullied. But slowly she makes some friends and also strengthens her relationship with Stefan.

This story is addictive and I'm glad I gave this series another chance.

description description description description description

description
Snow

4,5 action packed magic stars

ok, book 2 was an absolute hit for me...

our confused heroine became a little less confused badass kicker of magic and "The Boss" caved and gave in to the strong pull he had toward her, so now they are linked, she's marked, the sex is great and there's so much action my mind takes notes of where to strategicaly place myself to stay safe...LOL

anyway, it ended freakin abruptly so i need to go see the third book...
Ira
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Very good

Stephen “The Boss” and Sasha’s story continues in this book. The E.T. Is after Sasha because of her magic, she has a weird link to The Boss and her bodyguard Charles is always trying to hook up with her because the “Vampire” type race is all about free love. Charles is hilariously funny and I would love to have him as a roommate or bodyguard. The Boss is hot and in charge and Sasha is badass and snarky.
Casey Keen
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Description from K.F. Breene:
“…Sasha has always known she was different, but now she also knows that the shadow men she’s seen all her life, are real. With a life goal of fitting in, Sasha hopes her strange abilities will finally make true friendship a possibility. Unfortunately, her magic doesn’t function like everyone else’s. What she thought would make her belong, sets her apart now more than ever.
Stefan, all but promised to a different woman, has tried to keep his mind on his dut
Glass Fairy
Another 2 star review for this series. I decided to give the next book a shot, feeling like, mayyybe there would be a little more story for me to grab onto and let it weave me around the hot and steamy scenes, but unfortunately not. We did learn more about the magic and the different levels, but the description felt rushed and lacking. With books it feels like the author is painting a picture for you, slowly, but at the end you see the finished piece and are feeling so damn lucky you got to expe ...more
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Gaaah! I flove this series.

This book like the first one was action packed!
In this one we get a few answers and of course more questions.
Ugh! I loathe Darla.
Love, LOVE the blossoming relationship between Stefan and Sasha.

Of course Charles is there to brighten everything up with his crazy antics.
(He's my favorite)
Iris (Artemis Library)
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really too short (3 hour read) for 2.99 :(
But loved reading it. Will continue with book three of this series.
T.J. Shaw
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Tushar Patel
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, magic-user
Ok, The book is really goods and well written. It’s totally different from other YA urban-fantasy . Its short book but good one, really enjoys it.
Continues with Sasha Adventure, Now Sasha in this new world she has try to fit in it. She accept Stefan offer to join them and train in her magic. Like always she can’t do her magic like other, Her magic work differently then other and she can’t understand the way they explain her to how to do it. So she try to mimic it and end up blowup or tot
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vamp, 2017
Book 2 in this series.

Thankfully less questionable use of pheromones. I’m really beginning to like Sasha. He attitude and comebacks really do make me laugh and FINALLY Stefan showed some emotion. Charles as always is a joy with knitting needles. The fast pace and action in this book made it an absolute pleasure to read and the story is keeping me guessing.

All in all a pretty great sequel.

Moving on to book 3
Cindy
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ballsy

I really like Sasha's sass. She is one ballsy woman with a death wish. On the other hand, I really hate Darla. She is so wrong for Stephen and the idea of her leading with him makes me cringe. I don't blame Sasha one bit for wanting to leave. What a harsh society these vampires live in. What confuses me though is how Stephen just flips and lets Sasha in. That was a bit abrupt.
Roxy the Fury
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha-males
Who is this writer and why have I never read her before?! This book was great. I mean Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson, Sookie Stackhouse great!

This is the second book in the Darkness series. Sasha is now living with the vampire like creatures of the dark. She feels like this is her chance to finally fit in somewhere. She's always been different seeing things others cannot. Turns out the things she sees are actually real. They're another race of advanced species that wield magic. Just like any race
Jessica Frances
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Taking off where the first book in the series ended, we follow Sasha as she tries to learn how to control her magic and watch her settle into a new life, which includes a constant bodyguard in Charles. This one still had action and of course steamy moments, but still kept the humour and tension felt in the first book. I enjoyed this continuation and look forward to seeing where it all goes in the next book.
Stacey is Sassy
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now we're getting somewhere...

Really enjoyed this one. Getting to know the characters and how all the magic stuff works made this story much better than the first one. Love all the main characters especially Charles.

The mating and marking stuff was a little hard to get my head around, but I'm hoping for Stefan and Sasha getting their HEA.

Will definitely be reading more from this series.
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Full review: https://jaynikkibelthoughts.wordpress...

Omgoodness Breene did it to me again. I am in extreme lust with Stefan. I even gained a little bit of feels for Charles. I need the third book.
Bunnycore
I am really loving this series

Sasha is starting to come into her powers. The Boss a.k.a hotty on a stick Stephan, cannot seem to keep away from her. He knows that he is meant to be with her and finds any reason he can to talk to her. To be near her, to love her. He is promised to someone else and that is killing Sasha. \

Charles is funny as ever and he is amazing, he had a moment where he was trying to seduce Sasha that was really funny. He needs to stop watching RomCOM.

The moment
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Another short book.

It ended abruptly too. Not sure how I feel about that.

In this book Sasha is to be learning about her magic but really it’s mostly about her attraction to Stefan. And revolves around them.

I’d still like to know how Sasha has magic. Their explanation doesn’t ring true to me. Also can someone turn into a vampire things race of whatever they are. See it’s book 2 and I really dunno the particulars. Still for some reason I still enjoy the book. I
Tiera McMillian
Omg Charles is hilarious. The dude has no filter and his sarcasm has no bounds! Love it. So Sasha is really trying to learn her magic but for real she has some issues. It’s not working, they definitely need a new approach. I wish we could find out what Sasha is really and how she got her magic.

Stefan has pulled a 180 where Sasha is concerned. The insta love is there but so far it hasn’t gotten so mushy and unreal as to have put me completely off. I’m still a little confused as why this Trek guy
Sarah Hutchinson
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hot Elements, Batman! Another AWESOME read from K.F. Breene! It had hot scenes, hot characters, magic bursting scenes and I could not put it down!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🎆🎆🎆🎆
Aleera
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
🔆Kindle Unlimited🔆
Rating 3.5
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
Honestly, probably more like 4 1/2.

Braving the Elements was a fast, fun follow up to Into The Darkness. Sasha has moved into the Mansion inhabited by Stefan and his shadow people - like vampires, but not - race of magical warriors in order to start her magical training and remain protected from Stefan’s enemies who would love to get their hands on her. Sasha takes up residence with Charles remaining as her horny, knitting, bodyguard and sidekick – and much to his mortification he is
Jessica Leonard
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review.

After reading Into the Darkness I simple could not wait for the next installment of the Darkness series!

In Braving the Elements I felt we got a little more personal with the main characters we were introduced to in Book one. It was nice to understand them more and brought understanding to who/what their society was about.

We were introduced to Sasha's insecurities. We knew she had spunk, attitude and obv
Zimt
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Braving the Elements" is the second book in the sensual dark Paranormal Fantasy series "Darkness" by K.F. Breene and it is full of challenges for newly magic wielder Sasha.

"Braving the Elements" begins where "Into the Darkness" stopped: Stefan has decided that Sasha needs to learn how to control her magic. She is just too powerful to be left alone. So, this is what Sasha is doing right now. She learns to tap into her powers while she is taught by people who think her to be a mere human. The

• The Doorway: Episode 6 (Sacrifice Me #6)
  • Poison's Kiss (Deadly Beauties, #2)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Change (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3)
  • The Purest of the Breed (The Community, #2)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
  • Release (Angler, #3)
  • New Regime (Rune Alexander #5)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1)
K.F. Breene is a USA TODAY BESTSELLING author of the Darkness Series and Warrior Chronicles. She lives in wine country where over every rolling hill, or behind every cow, an evil sorcerer might be plotting his next villainous deed while holding a bottle of wine and brick of cheese. Her husband thinks she’s cracked for wandering around, muttering about magic and swords. Her kids are on board with h ...more

Darkness (9 books)
  • Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • On a Razor's Edge (Darkness, #3)
  • Demons (Darkness, #4)
  • The Council (Darkness, #5)
  • Shadow Watcher (Darkness, #6)
  • Jonas (Darkness, #7)
  • Charles (Darkness, #8)
  • Jameson (Darkness, #9)
“Quit analyzing me. My crazy needs no definition.” 15 likes
“The sun peeked out from behind the horizon, splattering my face and lifting my spirits. I loved the darkness, but I also craved the light. The night called to my magic, the day to my spirit.” 1 likes