Start by marking “Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1)

Into the Darkness

(Darkness #1)

Alternative cover edition of ISBN 9781311400840

Sasha has grown up with one surety: she’s not normal.

She sees things in the darkness that no one else can see. Mysterious men cloaked in shadow, moving through the night. The problem is, pointing out invisible people is a fast track to a padded cell. Orphaned at age five, Sasha quickly learns an important survival
Published January 23rd 2014 by Smashwords (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Darkness, please sign up.
Áine It is of course a absolute no no, I think it was easier to stomach as Marie Svarc said they were a completely different species all together. Although…moreIt is of course a absolute no no, I think it was easier to stomach as Marie Svarc said they were a completely different species all together. Although I do admit to feeling uncomfortable with one scene with Jonas, Sasha's boyfriend (who's name I can't remember). Later in the series the 'ethics' of what they do with humans and the issue of consent is very much dealt with and with a positive outcome. I agree that the wit and humour made the books not so dark, and I think made the books in general. I do remember reading a Val McDermid book years ago and a rape scene was portrayed very, very graphically and I ended up very distressed by it. It put me way off all her books even though I actually really enjoyed the book otherwise!(less)
Tanya You can remove any book from your to read list by clicking on your "My Books" tab, go into to-read, find the book you want to remove and click on the…moreYou can remove any book from your to read list by clicking on your "My Books" tab, go into to-read, find the book you want to remove and click on the x that I believe is all the way to the right. (less)

Start your review of Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1)
Hayat
1.5

***Spoilers ahead and also very disturbing dark themes that might offend some readers***

This book was free on Amazon and was highly rated on GR and it also had so many good reviews. I decided to jump right into this story because it had my favourite themes: vampires, magic, one very sexy alpha hero, a heroine with a tragic past who survived a horrible epic event and learned to live, be happy and look at the bright side of life. That lov
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
"God, I was stupid."

Yes. Yes I was. For reading this book.

Bad books come in waves. This is a part of the seemingly endless wave of bad books I keep picking. When will I learn that just because it is a freebie on amazon, that doesn't mean it will be worth reading?

Honestly, compared to some of the reviews I read of this, I feel quite, ambivalent about the entire thing. I thought I would either fall instantly in love with it, or hate it so much I wanted to set fire to it, as so many people h
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I am shocked at how surprisingly awesome this book was. Either I'm tried or this book is really good. Perhaps both. Or Into the Darkness was just right for me to read at that time. Sasha was also awesome and kinda funny. Her boyfriend, Jared was a weak man and Stefan was hot. Charles was adorable, he was like a little horny teenager! Can't wait to read next one!
Rate: 3.5/4 stars.
Melody UpAllNightNovels.com
Not for the the faint of heart or narrow of mind, K. F. Breene weaves a sexy, snarky tale of magical mayhem.

Recommended for: Ages 18+ who aren’t easily offended by sexual situations that may be outside their own personal comfort zones.

First off, let me say that I personally LOVE an author who isn’t afraid to push the envelope and take readers outside of their comfort zone. Couple that with a strong sense of sarcastic wit and humorous dialog, and you’ve got K. F. Breene. This was my first Bre
Anna
Feb 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm kind of left speechless; it started well, and then...?!? The basic idea is based around a Black Dagger Brpotherhood type community of hunky sex obsessed warriors, unseen by the average human and in the middle of a clan/ territorial power struggle. Sascha, who has been seeing things in the shadows her whole life, thinks she is being followed by a hunky mysterious shadow man. This turns out to be true when he saves her from danger while out on a date with her nerdy boyfriend Jared. This is an ...more
Snow
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

and here I am again back to vamps and their sexappeal!
well, in this book vamps are like a totally "different spieces" living amongst humans cause they are humans alike but only faster, stronger and very sexually liberated...
yes, you heard me right! They have as much as sex as possible and with as many partners as possible due to their "gifts", since everyone has a different dose of pheromones that "enchants" humans/enemies in order to keeping them subdued...

(so, yeah, vamps can/>(so,
Kira
I could not finish this. It was an incredibly clichéd romance i.e. lust at first sight and all that. And of course I'm not cool with sex that's not consensual. Using magical means to make someone want sex does not mean that actually wanted it. It's disturbing that the main character is not disturbed by this when this tactic is used on her sexually immature boyfriend.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Though I still have some niggles with this book around who bangs who and consent, I enjoyed the idea behind it and the slightly different take on vampires. There's also some smoking chemistry and Charles is funny too.
Sláinte Wanderlust
This book contains sex - consensual & non. It contains M/M scenes which are minor (and not in depth) but could cause issues with people as they are all non consensual.

More review to come later.
SheLove2Read
Mar 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
The best thing about this book is the cover. I hate to tell others that their opinion of a book is wrong, but in this case I will. All those 4 and 5 star reviews are whacked out.

To call this a romance is something I can't do. Yes, it's definitely about vampires but there's nothing sexy about it. Dubious consent for the "heroine" at least once. Her poor boyfriend is raped at least three times that I can remember and her boyfriends roommate is raped and killed. Just when you think we are going to
Tracey
4.5 Stars. Not your average Adult,Vampire romance. No sparkles or fangs but plenty of action and excitement. Larger than life characters in the age old battle of good versus evil, but at this stage it's difficult to determine which side is which.The first book in the Darkness series gives a lot of bang for your buck and has me already addicted to the complex storyline. Write faster impatient fans waiting :)
Kayla
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO MUCH! This book starts off very benign feeling almost innocuous in its content. You think the main character may actually be a little nuts. Then BOOM!!! The whole story knocks you and sucks you in and takes you for a steamy ride. Its hot and kinky. Its complicated with someone finding herself and finding out about herself. Hurt feelings, hurt asses, pulsing desires, new species and new cultures all wrapped up in a teeny little bundle of happiness. I LOVE when I can sit in ...more
T.J. Shaw
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I love it when I pick up a book not having any expectations and it totally blows me away. INTO THE DARKNESS was one of those books … it blew my socks off! Wow! What a surprise read this turned out to be.

As an orphan, Sasha has grown up on the outside. She’s not popular or a great student, and to top it off, sees people that others can’t—invisible people she calls shadow men. Fortunately, she has her boyfriend who keeps her on track until her life changes one night when the
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Don't know if it's possible but, second time around I loved it more than the first time I read this.

I first came across the Darkness series,by K.F. Been when Into The Darkness was a freebie in 2015. Back then reviews weren't a thing for me but O.M.G. I loved this book so much.

I remember being so damn into it I immediately bought the available books and didn't come up for air until I was done.

This time around it's basically the same, the humor and banter between Sasha and
Cindy
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A bit quick

It's a bit quick but there is lots of mystery and sex so it feels jam packed with excitement. Sasha is an enigma. She is human but more. I loved the hot sizzle that her and Stephen are having, but I feel bad for Jared since he gets put on the crazy ride with her. There are still lots of questions that need answering. Stephen has a jerk side to him but if anyone can handle him, it's Sasha.
Jenni Bishop
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that started me on my journey with KF and I absolutely love her work. This book is a paranormal fantasy story that will leave you wanting more. The story is clever and unique and the characters are to die for and you will fall in love with them.

If you don't have a read you will certainly be missing out on something great.
Jeanny
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong start to the series. The world & species are unique & interesting. The characters have potential.
Possible pet peeves- Copious amounts of sex without emotional attachment. Cliffhanger ending.
3 star read. Will continue the series.

Lyndi W.
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Ho hum. On the fence with this one. It felt a little repetitive considering it was so short. I'll give the next novella a shot because this is a serial and things are still just getting started. I have a feeling I will have preferred this as one full-length novel, though.
Lisa Gemmell
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, the characters and the action and the chemistry. It had an alpha male in it, and the female was also a heroine in it which I liked. There is no mention of book 2 yet and it wasn't a huge cliffhanger but it makes you want the second book to come soon.
Kate's Corner
Great book, way different then your usual vampire stuff. Funny but also extremely weird but really worth it.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Short book I didn’t like where it ended because it didn’t seem like the place you’d end a book.

The story is interesting but takes a bit to get started. The writing is fast paced and written in a sassy snarky way I can get behind and read easily.

The premise of the story, or the actual things they are is a bit fuzzy. I still don’t know what’s going on with Sasha. I have some thoughts about what’s going on but I’m not certain I know or can guess everything.

I do l
Tushar Patel
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire, magic-user
3.5 Star

Its take long time to finish the book bcz start is slow and not that mach appealed me, so got distracted and finally finished book. The end is really good. Happy with the way book turn out. In book based on Magic and Vampires like being(not vampires )and they passed magic , the more level up their magic the more powerful they are .
Magic level:- Purple < Blue < Green < Red < Orange < Gold < White < Black

Sasha lost her parents at age five in ac
Marishka
DNF & 61%.

Safety -

*Shes in a relationship with some guy. Slightly detailed scenes of them having sex. A couple of times.
* Two scenes of the boyfriend getting “raped”. The vamps in this book give off pheromones that make humans want to have sex. Slightly detailed.
* The Hero has detailed sex with one of the candidates that might become his mate. Not overly detailed but More detailed than the heroines sex scenes. This is before him and the heroine got together in any way. Still a no for me.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
1 Confused Star

WTH was this ? No really..I have no idea what all that Jazz was about. 😣I hate DNF-img book or skipping chapters but My God ! This book was so painful to read...in fact I had to put it down and pick it at different times because trying to read this at one shot just gave me headache :/

Would not reacommend at all.
P.s:This book contains certain dark adult themes, Readers be warned !
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Who knew Vampires could be so funny?

I liked this book much better than I expected. The plot centers around Sasha, a former foster kid who has always been able to see people in the shadows that nobody else can see. When she finally comes face to face with some of these people she finds that they are a race that the Vampire legends were created from. She also discovers there is Magic and that she has some. I liked the story, the raunchy humor and the characters. I plan to read on.
 Rosebud
Sasha has known that she's 'different' but has hidden it as there aren't many people who believe she sees shadows and ghost like entities on a normal basis. Nope. If she wants to have any sort of life or future with her current boyfriend Jared she needs to keep that little secret to herself. Until the night the shadows come out of the background and attack her while on a date with Jared. Things just got real as Sasha finds out there are paranormal beings who use their pheromones to enthrall mort ...more
Anny hernandez
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provide a copy of this book by the Author for an honest review.

WOW I just finish reading this book, and I love it I couldn't put the book down, I am so glad that I am gone jump in and read the second one, this book had me laughing at some point, this book has some action of all type, I love the characters I am gone tried to keep this short, since I don't want to give anything away. I love it how they are naked most of the time and they don't care, and fighting with sward being
Heather andrews
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There's actually two men that stole my heart in this book, no it's not a love triangle but one is swoon worthy and the other is just worthy of being mentioned since he entertained by through out the whole book. Stefan he's the head honcho and at times is peculiar, "his nostrils flared. "Charles was right; your arousal is a unique scent. Like a spicy, warm drink on a mid-winter's night. It rises above other smells, entrancing the mind." Charles that boy was pure amusement through out this book an ...more
Casey Keen
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sasha grew up always knowing she was different. She can see things others can't... until one day her and her boyfriend (Jared) find themselves in a very bad situation - they're on the wrong side of town, face to face with the dangerous men from her visions.

I loved this book! Sasha is the classic insecure heroine who needs a man to complete her identity. Normally I hate it when the lead character's uniqueness is defined by a man, but in Sasha's case, it wasn't annoying. In fact, she w
Pagan
Feb 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
I had several issues with this book. The first was I was very confused. I'm not sure if I was reading too fast and not absorbing the information, wasn't paying enough attention to what was written or that it just wasn't well written - all of which is not good, meaning it failed to hold my attention. It took me till nearly the end of the book to realise the boss and Stefan were the same guy. I was throughly confused, I thought they were two different characters, making the story very confusing.

S

• Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance
  • Releasing the Dragon  (Myths and Legends #1)
  • Out of the Dark (Forbidden Love, #1)
  • Destiny Divided (Shadows of Destiny, #1)
  • Take Me (The Untouchables, #1)
  • Charred Heart (Heart of Fire, #1)
  • Crimson Debt (Born to Darkness, #1)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1)
  • Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
  • Blood Avenged (Sons of Navarus, #1)
  • Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
  • More Than Blood (Arcane Crossbreeds #1)
  • Hellhound (Hellhound, #1)
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
  • The Bloodline War (The Community, #1)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
K.F. Breene is a USA TODAY BESTSELLING author of the Darkness Series and Warrior Chronicles. She lives in wine country where over every rolling hill, or behind every cow, an evil sorcerer might be plotting his next villainous deed while holding a bottle of wine and brick of cheese. Her husband thinks she’s cracked for wandering around, muttering about magic and swords. Her kids are on board with h ...more

Darkness (9 books)
  • Braving the Elements (Darkness, #2)
  • On a Razor's Edge (Darkness, #3)
  • Demons (Darkness, #4)
  • The Council (Darkness, #5)
  • Shadow Watcher (Darkness, #6)
  • Jonas (Darkness, #7)
  • Charles (Darkness, #8)
  • Jameson (Darkness, #9)
“He needed a stable woman with no demons. With no weird past and strange magical abilities. Even” 0 likes
“The girl did not flinch, unafraid of the large figure rushing her.  Still unable to comprehend her danger.” 0 likes