Start by marking “The Vessel” as Want to Read:
The Vessel

The Vessel

Savaged by disease and riots, the world has descended into a state of chaos. Amidst the desperate remains of humanity, the American government has resorted to extreme measures to try and repopulate their now depleted country but one unwilling subject of their ruthless actions will not suffer in silence.

Escaping from a facility at the heart of their experiments, Eva Cole’s
Published November 13th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Vessel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vessel

Start your review of The Vessel
Lauren
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Each page was consistently well written, keeping me captivated in the story from beginning to end. It was well paced and I did worry that the book would involve lots of details on how the characters survived on their own, but it didn't. Callum has a wonderful way of writing descriptions and setting scenes which make you want to know the details of the character's surroundings and keep the reader interested.

The Vessel is a categorised as a thriller and it is definitely
Mishka Jenkins
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible read!

This book gripped me and my emotions from the very first line and took me along with the story and characters so deeply that I felt like part of their world.

The story is set in a rather bleak version of Earth’s future, a future that felt believable, which I think helped draw me further into the story. We are introduced to Eva, the main character in a rather intense moment, and from then we are along for her journey through the story. She faces a life of being chased and
Phen Weston
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With ‘The Vessel’ McLaughlin has delivered a fantastic post-apocalyptic tale that kept me gripped until the very end. This novel is well structured and brilliantly written, with enough drama, action and emotion to catapult the story forward at an intense speed. McLaughlin knows how to keep his audience on the edge of their seats, while readying to pull the chair from under them!

Without giving too much away, we follow Eva through the disease ridden remnants of a world that now consists of struggl
Benjamin Grossman
Found out about this book through the author's blog. I read the description and thought I would give it a try. I'm glad that I did. The concept for the book is fantastic. The lead character Eva is fantastic, as well. And I very much enjoyed McLaughlin's writing style. He doesn't waste anytime with his writing: he writes with a brevity that makes each page a thriller. I especially love the ending. So much happens in the last 40 pages or so and I appreciated the way the book ended. An exciting rea ...more
Titan
Sounds weird to say, but I had so much fun reading this dark, bleak tale come to life before my eyes, despite just how closely linked the hopeless was with the hopeful.

My full review of The Vessel can be found at permashift along with many other fantastic dystopian adventure reads.
Jonathan Ojanpera
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Vessel is a solid story with plenty of emotion and action. Callum's scenes are well set, as well as the characters. I found it very easy to walk into the story and become part of it. An all around great effort.
Callum McLaughlin
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
To think my little book is two years old today. If I can't give it 5 stars as a 2nd birthday present, when can I?
Roberta Picton
Sweetpea
Apr 17, 2015
Victoria Stephen
Mar 15, 2018
Based in Scotland, Callum McLaughlin is a writer of words, a reader of books, and a lover of cats. He operates on a freelance basis, producing content for blogs, websites, and magazines. His fiction and poetry have also been featured in several literary journals, both online and in print.

News & Interviews