Start by marking “Freed (Club Sin, #4)” as Want to Read:
Freed (Club Sin, #4)

Freed

(Club Sin #4)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,193 Ratings  ·  191 Reviews
Fans who can’t get enough of USA Today bestselling author Stacey Kennedy will love this wicked, wild spinoff novel that explores how sexy life can be outside Club Sin.

Mary Schmidt knows only too well how thrilling a Master’s touch can be. Her husband, Charles, had been her ultimate fantasy, a seducer in the erotic dance of dominance and submission. She misses the sensual l
Published November 4th 2014 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Freed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freed

Lisa
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars!
Michelle
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC received on behalf of Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept from NetGalley.

Screenshot_3

Remember Mary? Mary is the doctor who is close to Dmitri, her husband Charles was the man that helped guide him into the lifestyle and was like a father to him. But Mary doesn't play any longer. She had one Dom, her Charles and when he passed away four years ago she gave up the idea of fulfilling her needs.

Screenshot_4

Elliot is sealing a deal at Dmitri's when Mary arrives. Instantly he can see the spark of her submissive te
Nakeesha
In this installment, Kennedy tells the story of how Mary, the mature physician for Club Sin, gets her groove back. Kennedy handles the maturity of the hero and heroine with respect, dignity, and steaming hotness! Which makes the cover very disappointing. There are two love stories going on in this novella. The story of Mary and her husband, as well as the story of Mary and her new lover. The flashbacks of her scenes with her husband, which happened during the scenes with her new Dom, always took ...more
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Freed (Club Sin #4) by Stacey Kennedy, is the 4th book in the Club Sin series that I've read, it’s a touching story of emotionally letting go of the love of your live and moving on, allowing new love to stand next to a lost love.

Mary is an older women whom we've meet in earlier books, she’s a good friend of Dmitri, and assists with the new member physicals. Since the death of her husband Charles, she has been removed from the lifestyle, filling the void in her life with work, and assistance to f
Maria Rose
This fantastic continuation of the Club Sin series is the story of Mary and Elliott. Mary lost her husband Charles 4 years earlier to cancer and never thought she'd find a man like him again - one who could be her partner in and out of the bedroom. When she meets Elliott, she is instantly attuned to him and realizes he is the man who can unlock her heart and her body once again. Is she willing to put the past behind her and let him lead her into a new and wonderful future?

I loved this story! It
*P
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-vanilla, arc
Thrown by the cover

I have been a fan of Kennedy's Club Sin series and was excited by the hot cover and with my enjoyment of the series so far I must have missed the blurb. While this is a take off from the series (book 4 Tamed is Porter's Story) I was still hoping for the same excitement of the others. There was no real drama or angst infused in this story. Unlike the cover models this book is about a middle aged couple. Mary, the doctor friend of Dimitri's, still struggling with her husbands pa
Christa
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
**ARC courtesy of Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

2.5 Second Chance Stars

I had a really hard time getting through this one and almost DNF a couple of times, but decided to push thru it till the end.
Mary lost her husband four years ago, but he was so much more than a husband to her. He was her Dom, father of her children, and the love of her life. As much as she misses the BDSM scene, she can’t bring herself to return to it feeling it would
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for review from NetGalley

OH MY!!! Another awesome book in the Club Sin series. I loved Mary since we meet her in book 1 and wanted to see her get a HEA. Boy does she ever. Elliott is perfect for her. It was so nice to see a mature couple and not tons of young, emotional angst. Yes, there was some angst on Mary's part, but so not drawn out. Loved the teaser chapter for Porter and Kenzie.
Greyling54
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
For summary, read elsewhere. I really appreciated an erotic romance with lead characters who are not spring chickens. Mary and Elliot are both in the early 50s, which I liked a lot. They both still seemed to have nearly perfect bodies, but I suppose you can't get realistic in these. Aside from a few stretch marks, Mary eats right and exercises religiously, so she's pretty much perfect for 50. I also enjoyed the romance of the story. Mary's unwillingness to let go of her late husband and Elliot's ...more
Ilana
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Freed
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Publisher/Year: Random House 11/4/14
Length: 192 Pages
Series: Club Sin #4

Overview

Mary Schmidt knows only too well how thrilling a Master’s touch can be. Her husband, Charles, had been her ultimate fantasy, a seducer in the dance of dominance and submission. She misses the sensual lifestyle they shared, but mourns him so deeply she cannot bear to embrace her submissive needs with another Dom—until a man who exudes temptation reawakens desires she can no longer den
MsRomanticReads

Not only was it a pleasant surprise to see Mary get her own story, it was also lovely to see a mature romance with characters in their early fifties. After reading this, I can only hope to be as energetic as this couple.

We learned very little about Mary (50) throughout the series except that she and her late husband, Charles had been a part of the BDSM lifestyle and were very much in love. However, after his death four years ago, she never moved on. Even going so far as to quit the lifestyle co
Miranda Whore
Review for Freed by Stacey Kennedy

Freed is book 3.5 in the Club Sin Series by Stacey Kennedy. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this entire series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but the characters from previous books make appearances in later ones so I would suggest reading them in order just to get the full impact. Besides they are all amazing so there’s really no excuse not to dive in!

I was thrilled when I found out the author was giving Mary her story… throughout the s
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was an amazing story about moving on, love, and hope and I was truly touched by it.

I had planned to just look at a few pages and start another day but I started reading and I immediately wanted to know more. I felt for Mary and was intrigued by her story. Her connection with Elliot had me instantly drawn in. He is so commanding and I loved that connection the two of them shared. I was invested right from the beginning and couldn't put it down.

I really enjoyed that both the main characters
Jackie R *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
Stacey Kennedy delivers another awesome book in her Club Sin series. I really enjoyed getting to read Mary's story. Freed does not take place in Club Sin, but I really liked the change. What was even better about this book was that the couple was older than the other characters in this series.

We got to meet Mary briefly in Claimed; which is book 1 in the series. I am glad she got her own story. Stacey Kennedy always brings the reader a story along with the kink. Mary hasn't done a scene with any
Sportochick
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am ecstatic to finally read a BDSM erotica book that involves older characters that I can relate too. Don’t get me wrong I love the 30 something hot, hot men and sexy women. Who doesn’t but….

The author does an outstanding realistic portrayal of a women in her 50’s with a realistic body after having three children. Mary has stretch marks and is self-conscious of her physical appearance like most of us. She is a widow written as a strong women who had the great love of her life and can’t let go
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

So I really liked this book. I have read two other books in this series and I have to say that this is not a series you want to miss. This book was sweet, sexy, spicy, naughty, and had one second chance love story. While there are character crossovers, this book can be read as a standalone. Club Sin is a naughty, sexy series that will leave your heart smiling and your panties wet.

This is Elliot and Mary's story. Still grieving the loss of her husband, Mary is not interested in finding
SassyCat's Book Review
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I read this book but I figure I'll go ahead and review this while I still can.

Mary was the perfect submissive, she was often seen as the queen with her husband and master of Club Sin Charles. she thought she has forever with him until he passed. Now trying to figure out how to move on with her life, their children are grown and she is alone.

Elliot haven't quiet found the right women to spend the rest of his life with until he met Mary. She heated under his touch and melt
April Symes
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: didnt-finish
**I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review***

I do not read books that the age of the people are over 50 + so I have to say I did struggle here. But the author did write a good story for Widow Mary and Master Elliot.

Mary is the club physician who is trying to get her life back on track after the death of her husband and master Charles. The story shows Mary’s life in flashbacks in the story then is in real time with Master Elliot.

For me what I didn’t like is when it would stop befo
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Stacy Kennedy is a great writer & I have enjoyed her other books. This one totally sucked for me. Not that it was really a badly written or over the top shocking, because in the erotic sense, it seemed pretty light.

This book is about the recover after losing a spouse & accepting someone else to fill the void. What totally ticked me off was the constant flashbacks & the ending in the middle scenes. I was frustrated & it bothered me. Another thing was the lack of warning about the
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

I have just devoured this lovely book in one sitting. It is very moving, amusing, and fiercely hot. The finesse with which the Dom, Elliott, pursues Mary, a widowed sub, is wonderful to watch. Mary's story and revival is delightful to experience, even if frustrating at times. Great story, and lovely to see old friends along the way. If you haven't read the previous books, then you are in for a treat, and reading this first
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC Courtesy of Netgalley

We first met Mary in the beginning of this series as she is the "club doctor" who help out all the new members of Club Sin. She is a "mature" lady who has had a hard time coping since her husbands death 4 years ago. She has not had a boyfriend or Dom since then.

In this book she meets Elliot a friend of Dimitri's and she is immediately attracted to him. He is a Dom who is Mary's age and once he sets his sights on this submissive he will do anything to make her his.

It was
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Have you gotten tired of reading books where the characters are at their mid twenties tops? Well, this is the book for you. I know, I am sounding like a TV commercial, but it's the truth. I have some GR friends who are over 40 and are tired of always reading stories about characters that are half their age.

In Freed the main characters have started living in the fifth decade of their lives. I found it weird in the beginning, but it took me only a couple of chapters to get used to it.

Call it irrat
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Fate has no limits...
I'm a big fan of Stacey Kennedy and her Club Sin Series. She writes about the BDSM lifestyle, but it's more than the kink, it's full of friendship and love. She makes me feel something, other than heat. I met Mary in the previous books in the series and was curious about her. I really enjoyed getting to know her in Freed. And that's exactly what the author does, she draws you into the lives and the feelings of the characters until you feel like you know them. She lets you se
Danielle Ward
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I've read all the books in this series, but this one...this one ripped my heart out and gently put the pieces back together. Elliot - what an incredible man. Patient, kind, sexy, expertly dominant, self-sacrificing - simply a beautiful representation of what a Dom should be. And Mary - my heart bled for her. Her devotion to Charles was breathtaking - love in its truest form. But Mary and Elliot together, made for a beautiful second chance.
Bravo, Stacey Kennedy! You managed to
Paula
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-bdsm

Wow, what a heartbreaking book. I had to get the tissues out for this one.

I just adore second-chance of love book. Mary & Elliott had a rough ride, but as a widow Mary had some serious issues that she had to face before she truly accepted Elliott. As always the BDSM was super hot.
Becca Reads
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, bdsm, ugly-cry
Very unusual story with H and h both being 50+. Loved it!
Diane Pope
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A second chance for love.

Finally a book that has a woman and man in their fifties. She is beautiful but has stretch marks. A story that I can relate to, maybe not the D/s, but how an older widow can go on with her life after her soul mate has died. I loved Elliott and Mary. The way that We were introduced to Charles and learned to love him was perfect. I was so happy that Mary and Elliott found love together again. This was a wonderful read for the mature woman. Thanks.
Liz Wharton
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-library
Ok, this one made me cry. Sweet, poor Mary who is so caught up in the grief of losing her husband/dom, can't let in Elliott. I love that this was honest to an older crowd, still wanting excitement and the thrill of D/S in their lives. My heart broke for Mary, but even more so for Elliott, who obviously deserved the love of a good woman and submissive. Of all the Club Sin books I've read so far, this is my favorite.
Sandra
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing story of love and loss.

This story has so much depth and emotion. The relationship between Elliot and Mary goes beyond the
BDSM component to engage your emotions and make you care about, and hurt for, them. In spite of having cried while reading their story I highly recommend it.
Fiordiligii
What I didn't like
The COVER. This couple is supposed to be in their early fifties!!!!!
The heroine's flashbacks. A bit too many and somewhere into the story they went on my nerves.

What I liked
Basically the rest. A lot of the story worked very well for me and was deliciously sexy. The BDSM elements are on the soft side, I would have wished for a bit more kink.

B-
  • Club Wonderland (Friends and Benefits, #2)
  • Levi's Ultimatum
  • Dimitri's Forbidden Submissive (Submissive's Wish #2)
  • Lord & Master (The Billionaires, #3)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Play Me Right (Play Me, #5)
  • Bonds of Courage (Wicked Play, #6)
  • Crazy About Love (All About Love, #3)
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • Yours to Take (The Connaghers, #4)
  • Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)
  • The Cowboy's Kink (The Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • Claim (Bonds, #2)
  • Velvet Memories (Club Velvet Ice, #4)
  • Cracklin' Rosie (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #2)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #7; 1001 Dark Nights #16)
  • Berserker's Rage (SmokeJumpers, #2)
Stacey Kennedy is an outdoorsy, wine-drinking, nap-loving, animal-cuddling, USA Today bestselling romance author with a chocolate problem. She writes sexy contemporary romance full of heat and heart, including titles in her wildly hot Kinky Spurs, Club Sin, and Dirty Little Secrets. She lives in southwestern Ontario with her family and does most of her writing surrounded by lazy dogs. To keep in t ...more

Club Sin (7 books)
  • Claimed (Club Sin, #1)
  • Bared (Club Sin, #2)
  • Desired (Club Sin, #3)
  • Tamed (Club Sin, #5)
  • Commanded (Club Sin, #6)
  • Mine (Club Sin, #7)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
“she and Charles had broken promises to” 0 likes