Start by marking “Jews and Christians” as Want to Read:
Jews and Christians

Jews and Christians

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This eye-opening dialogue between a rabbi and a Christian scholar challenges Jews and Christians to examine their misconceptions and prejudices about each other's faith. Here, a Christian and a Jew stand on common ground. Rather than simply interpreting their own respective heritages, each seeks to present his own insights into the other's religious community. Topics discu ...more
Published November 1st 1990 by Abingdon Press (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Jews and Christians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jews and Christians

Empress5150
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
My current Bible study group is delving into Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts. We were encouraged to read this as supplemental material during the Genesis/Exodus study.

I am SO glad I took it on first. I learned quite a bit, which was to be expected; but, more importantly, I learned history, MY history; and, that Judaism and Christianity are united in many, many beliefs.

For this following statement alone, I'm glad I read this book as it truly sums up my own personal feelings (as a Christian):

"Many
Alix Stricklin
Jan 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
OK, the (very slight) negative first. This is a back-and-forth book, discussing various issues from both the Jewish and Christian perspectives. The negative - Jewish side gets a bit whiney. I have both Jews and Christians in my family, and the Jews agree that this is whiney, too.

However, mostly positives. If you are a Christian, this is going to educate you a lot - a lot of things that Jews take for granted, based on their history, that we ignoramuses are unaware of (since no one teaches this st
Jellen
Sep 19, 2007 rated it liked it
Very interesting look at the theological similarities and differences among Jews and Christians, and the historical actions and attitudes which have influenced relationships between the two groups. The book is, however, quite dated, referring to the Soviet Union as an actor in the Middle East. I learned much from this book, and it left me wanting to learn more.
David
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
I read this book as part of a bible study my church is doing. I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was informative and insightful, and I came away with a new understanding of how those of the Jewish faith view those of the Christian faith. I reccomend this to anyone who wants to know more about Jewish-Christian relations.
Michele Johnston
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very eye opening book and I am enjoying it. The concepts seem simple but they are things I have never thought about. I like the dialogue: each issue is addressed from the Jewish outlook and the Christian outlook by chapter. How wonderful to have open dialogue and know where other people are "coming from".
Tony Boyles
Sep 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
It's a merely adequate dialogue on the importance of reconciliation between Christians and Jews. Coupled with some alarmingly racist historical statements and rather out of date political discussion, the book comes in at "meh, at best." Just skip it.
Jon H