Start by marking “First Kiss (Emma's Arabian Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Kiss (Emma's Arabian Nights, #1)

First Kiss (Emma's Arabian Nights #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Emma's Arabian Nights, #1

***Warning: This book contains sensual BDSM, a hot as hell Alpha male bent
on getting his woman, and a Dominatrix who may have just met her match.***

Ryan will never forget that fateful night when he kissed his high school crush, Emma, and lost his heart to her forever. Six years later Ryan finds Emma again, but she's a different woman than the bossy
Published December 1st 2013 by Honey Mountain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about First Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Kiss

Steph
"As you wish ..."
First Kiss introduces us to Emma Simonov, a Dominatrix at Kiss of Blue and Ryan Darwish, a computer security expert. Ryan was entranced by Emma's kiss in high school. He was a shy nerd and she was an outgoing popular girl. Neither has forgotten their shared kiss years ago, but the memory holds something different for each. Emma remembers it as "... the best kiss of her life and one of her biggest regrets." While Ryan's fantasies have always been about Emma and now he has a ch
Karen ♐
3.5 stars rounded to 4 for the hot sex...Emma is a Pro Domme, who does not let herself have a personal relationship which would interfere with her job. Ryan, wants Emma to take him on as a client. Even though I normally do not read Domme stories, this one is really good when Emma realizes that she knew Ryan from high school.
Kathryn
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this "book" as part of the anthology "Bring On the Heat". First off, I am angry that this is not a whole story with an HEA. This is part of one of those serial books that authors are stringing along their readers with. I hate these. I want to read a book with a story that is all said and done in anywhere from 250 to 750 pages, not piece mealed out with 100 pages here and 130 there. I want it priced accordingly as well. I'm willing to pay $1.00 for every one hundred pages. If an author wan ...more
Delphina
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Normally I would not pick up a domme book because I like my men in charge ;), but Ann writes crack so I knew I had to read it. There is no other way to describe her work. It is beyond addictive. She managed to create a domme story where the man is all alpha and manly without detracting from the D/S dynamic. I love the whole "finally ever after" concept, so mixing that with the heat only Ann can bring really made this book a winner for me. The characters were strong, likable, and multidimensional ...more
 Rosebud
'One should not regret the past. One should not worry about the future. Wise men act in the present time.'

Emma Simonov is a pro Domme with a loyal stable of clients who worship and adore her. Any one of them would love to have Emma as their own personal Mistress but Emma maintains a professional relationship without giving any indication that she would welcome anything more. A monogamous relationship isn't an option as long as she has outstanding bills and family to support.

Ryan Darwish may have
Shayna
I’ve done it! I have finally popped my Ann Mayburn cherry! I’ve seen posts about Ann and her books all over Facebook and now I finally get the chance to rave about her myself! First Kiss is book 1 in Ann’s new FemDom series, Emma’s Arabian Nights. First Kiss was a short, sexy, fast-paced romance. Don’t let the short part scare you, because even though it was a quick read for me, it was full of erotic awesomeness! I don’t read a lot of FemDom romances, because there is nothing better than a gorge ...more
Angela DeMarco
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Emma Simonov is a Pro-Domme for Kiss of Blue, her best friend and boss Moira owns it. Emma does this because she’s helping support her parents who have been unemployed for more than two years. She also wants to go back to school to get her masters degree in teaching, a job she wants more than anything. The job market in Michigan is terrible for herself and her parents.

Emma doesn’t normally take clients on outside of the dungeon, she never does house calls. Her best friend has made her a proposi
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
KcLu‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Those of you that know me really well know that life and my own head have gotten in the way of my reading and reviewing habit lately. It has been quite a while since I have had go from the end of a book straight to the computer to write out a review, but damn it Ann Mayburn has me by the lady balls with this book!

Emma is a Pro-Domme that is biding her time till she can go to school, and get the master’s degree and dream job she has alwa
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
For some reason I don't usually like femdom books. Maybe because I find it hard to associate with the character. Not being much of a Domme myself. Most authors seem to make the character so large and in charge that you forget that they are a soft feminine woman underneath the Domme. Not so with Ann Mayburn's femdom books. I have loved the ones I have read so far and First Kiss is no exception.

Ann always does a great job of building her characters as people we can relate too. in this book Emma ha
Kaylyn
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
~4.5 Stars~
Hot Damn!!! This book was so hot, it was almost explosive. If you want to take a dip into Femdom than Ann Mayburn is your woman! She writes the most amazing Dommes and Emma was no different.

Emma is a pro-Domme who is working her behind off trying to support her parents and herself. I really liked her because she seemed to really care about her clients. She was a very good Mistress. I liked how she dealt with Ryan because he wasn’t always the best at behaving. Lol

Ryan is a sweetheart
Zany Rin
With an epic battle warring on in my head over which arc to read next Ann Mayburn’s First Kiss was the battle’s ultimate champion in a long line of extreme competitors. Likely due to the fact that Emma’s Arabian Nights is the first book ever with a FemDom character being the main focal point that I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. First Kiss was a well-paced, fun and sensual shortie that was filled with just the right amount of alluring naughtiness to make it awesome sauce! Everyone knows my ...more
Sheri
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Ryan has loved Emma since the first time he kissed her. When he finds out she’s a pro-Domme, he tells a little lie just to make sure he can have a chance with her. I really loved the way Ms. Mayburn draws from the idea of 1001 nights and ties it all together.

I understand why Emma is fighting her attraction to Ryan, she wants to be able to keep being a Pro-Domme and her attraction for Ryan will jeopardize that since at her heart she’s a one sub woman.

This is a serial and Ms. Mayburn does
Spynonu
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: femdom, m-f
I enjoy femdom stories. This story allows the submissive, Ryan, to maintain his strength while still submitting to Emma. It leaves him a little wild and leaves the reader a little uncertain as to who is really the top in the relationship. It also leave you feeling like Emma has found her own genie, one who will grant her every wish.

My complaints about this book are perhaps ticky tacky- an ultra rich character who does everything perfectly, money is never a concern, a woman who falls completely f
⚜️Trea
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenges-2014
This was a really great story, despite the serial aspect of it, which made it shorter than I would have liked. The characters were easy to connect to, and I saw quite a bit of my husband in Ryan. Emma annoyed me slightly, but I understood her motivations for acting the way she did. While there is a lot of erotic play in this story, it's not just about the sex, and you can get a sense that a relationship wants to form between the two of them. I really enjoy this author, so I'm going to continue r ...more
Angie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a good book about a Ryan and Emma and them reuniting after years apart. Emma doesn't recognize Ryan right away, but when she does she realizes that she did like him back in high school. Ryan has never been able to forget Emma from high school. Ryan seeks Emma out and wants her to give more of herself to him and she is wrestling with how to do that and be a Domme. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series to see what happens with these two.
Paige Turner
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ends, just when it's getting good

just when you're looking for more the door slams shut. Kudos to Ann for keeping us on the edge of our chair to see wheat Emma is going to do next. Although, I'm not sure who the Dom is in this relationship. Ryan sure knows how to wrap Emma around his finger.
Katherine
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Really good Domme & m sub and old friends reconnecting. Hot, hot, hot scenes. But ends on a cliffhanger - which was not announced at the beginning of the story. That is seriously annoying.

Read as part of the anthology Bring On the Heat: Erotic Romance Box Set (Bad Boys and Alphas and Handcuffs, Oh my!)
Siobhan Muir
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this first installment of Emma's Arabian Nights serial and I'm looking forward to the development of Emma and Ryan's relationship. He's an alpha except to her, and yet he loses no power or respect when he bows to her strengths. It's a lovely illustration of the power exchange. Well worth the read if you like FemDommes.
Dar
Feb 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Another incomplete story disguised as a book. Why do authour do that? This was going really well and while not a typical read for me, I liked it up to the point it just ended at a pivotal part of the story. That really, really sucks
Brigitte
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a continuation in this series, it satisfies. It resolves some of their issues but not all of them. Ryan is devoted to his Mistress and will anything for her. She loves him, but is unable to let him take care of her.
Suzy
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Omg what an amazing story. I don't usually enjoy stories where the woman is a domme but this read was hot hot hot. can't wait to read second book
Avril
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
How could Ann do this to me? I gotta wait? I can't take it. I can't. Ann Mayburn is the only author who can write Femdom good enough for me.
Diane
2.5*** I like the principle of the story,but the male character just didn't come over as alpha to me at all. Don't think I am going to read the next in the trilogy.
Vivian
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I wanted to shoot both characters. This half of the story. You have to wait for the next installment.
Peggy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn, Yay diversity....
Mandie Trahan
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
How I love thee.
I had to download book 2!!

HOT!
STEAMY
SEXY!
Tamara
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN! I want to high five Ms. Mayburn.

Review to come.
C.J.
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very sexy story. Loved Ryan and the fem-domme element.
Anïïta Løpez
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow..what can I say.. stemy!!
Feb 18, 2014
  • Seven's Diary (Hers, #3.5)
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Brie's Christmas Pearls (Submissive in Love, #3)
  • Tangled Innocence (Dante's Circle, #4)
  • Caught By Two Doms
  • The Ex Files
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)
  • The Dom with the Perfect Brats (Badass Brats, #2)
  • Cat Scratch Fever
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn

Emma's Arabian Nights (4 books)
  • Second Touch (Emma's Arabian Nights, #2)
  • Third Chance (Emma's Arabian Nights, #3)
  • Fourth Embrace (Emma's Arabian Nights, #4)