Start by marking “Heritage (The Grimoire Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heritage (The Grimoire Saga, #3)

Heritage

(The Grimoire Saga #3)

Kara Magari isn't normal, even by Ourea's standards--and in a world of shape-shifters and soul stealers, that's saying something. To the royalty, she's a loose cannon. To the masses, she's a failure. But Kara doesn't have a home to go back to anymore. This war-torn world is all she has left, and she'll save it even if she dies trying.

An ancient isen named Stone takes an in
Published October 27th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Heritage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heritage

Nikki Jefford
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those times I wish Goodreads had a 6th star.

It’s no secret that I think S.M. Boyce is a brilliant writer. I can’t even begin to imagine how she created the world of Ourea with all the different kingdoms and creatures who live there. The Grimoire Saga contains some of the most gorgeous imagery I’ve come across and now Boyce has really gone and done it – Heritage, book three, sucked me in to the point where I lost all track of time and was consumed completely.

Kara and Braeden are b
Wynne Channing
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Boyce's third instalment in her epic fantasy series is irresistible. Heritage is my favorite book of the three. You won't be able to stop reading. Boyce stands among Tolkien and Martin as a creator of great worlds with warring factions. The political intrigue is simply riveting.
The story twists along until the inevitable, awe-inspiring moment when everyone in Ourea learns just how powerful Kara is. The ending is so deeply satisfying — Illusion could not come soon enough!
Anyone who loves a b
Thomas Winship
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who’s already read my reviews of S.M. Boyce’s "The Grimoire Saga" knows how much I loved her books. “Lichgates” blew me away and “Treason” knocked me for a loop.

Not to be outdone by her previous efforts, Boyce comes out of the gate swingin’ with "Heritage" … and the result is a massive home run! It picks up after the cataclysmic events in "Treason," with Kara facing nearly insurmountable odds and Braeden, dealing with demons of his own, unable to assist.

Boyce’s trademark twists and turns,
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's not a secret that I'm a huge (if you don't mind the biggest) fan of this series. Ever since I got a chance to read Lichgates I was fascinated with Ourea and the whole fantasy world that this series has to offer.

While in Lichgates I got to meet the world and Kara mostly, Treason brought some new twists to the whole story. I got to see the bad side of power and all the different plots in the kingdoms so I couldn't wait for more. So when Boyce send me th
Christie Rich
I had the pleasure of reading a beta copy of Heritage.

The Grimoire Saga has found a way into my heart. I love the characters and the world.

In Heritage, Kara struggles to learn the limits and advantages of her new power. She is a force to be reckoned with and comes across strong throughout the book. I enjoyed getting to know her even more and related with her inner struggles.

Braeden, as always, was a favorite of mine. He's complex, with inner struggles that made my heart clench for him. He has al
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I absolutely loved this series!!

The first book is a bit difficult to get into since there is a bunch of build up and learning who all the characters are but by the time the second book comes along....damn, I couldn't put this series down!
Judi Easley
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all fantasy readers
Recommended to Judi by: author and previous book
My Disclaimer: I purchased this ebook for full price at Kindle Books because I loved book #1 so much! I am providing an honest review for which I am receiving no compensation of any kind. All opinions are fully my own.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review:
I hope you're keeping up with me on this reading streak I have going here with the Grimoire Saga. This is the perfect series for the COYER Can You Read a Series in a Month Challenge! The books flow together so well. The story line and
Robert Zimmermann
Holy sh….yea, this book was amazing, just like the two previous books from S.M. Boyce in this saga. After devouring Lichgates early in 2012, I soon fell in love with the fantasy world of Ourea. Then came book two of this saga, Treason. That book surpassed my expectations greatly. Now that I was able to get an ARC of Heritage, I can confidently say that fans of Boyce’s writing will probably fall in love with this series of books even more.

I don’t take to series well. It’s mainly because I like wh
Raye Wagner
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I just finished Heritage (not even 5 minutes ago) and thought to myself... THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! It is not often that I am surprised at the end of a book, but I was left quite...speechless...well, at least for a minute.
I think part of reading a lot will make certain plotlines familiar, and hence, predictable. Not that the journey is any less enjoyable if the book is well written, but when something unique comes along, it is truly relished and appreciated. Heritage is one of these rare treat
Kayleigh Grian
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So happy I had a chance to read the ARC for this one and am already eagerly awaiting the final book. I'll be posting a longer review soon, but for now let me just say, this book (as well as the previous two) rocks!
Faith Lowery
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer:
I was lucky enough, that I was given the opportunity to read this book as an ARC. This will in no way influence my review.
This is a spoiler free review.
----
This book will be Available November 5, 2013
----
Kara Magari isn’t normal, even by Ourea’s standards—and in a world of shape-shifters and soul stealers, that’s saying something. To the royalty, she’s a loose cannon. To the masses, she’s a failure. But Kara’s arrival in Ourea started a war, and she’s going to end it.

An ancient isen
Heather Vern
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this whole saga!!! It's amazing so far, I love how the characters have developed and each one of them has their own stories that all tie together to make this world that is within our own. I honestly had to take a break from reading anything after I finished this book.
Amber
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heritage by S. M. Boyce is the heartbreaking yet hopeful continuation of the intensely mesmerizing story of Kara Magari. I have been waiting in hopeful anticipation for answers to illusive questions that have plagued my mind, and thankfully it delivered that and so much more. Much to my surprise and satisfaction, I learned even more about Kara then I had hoped and discovered just how deep the treachery ran in the stunning but deadly world of Ourea. It is a passionately riveting and heart-poundin ...more
Mari-clare
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blissfully falling back into this complex and beautifully written saga

Ah! To be able to get my (virtual) hands on this, the third installment in the Grimoire Saga (honoured to be part of S.M. Boyce's ARC lists), I polished it off within the weekend.

Yes, please read the caveat that this has not been completely checked for complete spelling/grammatical errors. However, I was SO "champing at the bit" to get back into the fantasy-world of Ourea, I happily over-looked them. (The finished, polished pr
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc
*I was provided with an eArc by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

This book, THIS BOOK is oh-my-god AMAZING. Let me first start off saying that The Grimoire Saga is one of my top favorite fantasy series of all-times. It’s an epic adventure and I still can’t wrap my head around why isn’t everybody living and breathing this series? I mean, it has everything! There’s romance, adventure, magic and a kick-ass heroine involved with powerful allies, plus an adorable guy rooting for her.

I hav
Tiffany
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, favorites

This is an ARC copy of Heritage provided from the author for an honest review. I have reviewed the previous two books in the series as well.

I always have mixed feelings about starting this series. It has nothing to do with how I feel about the story line, the writing style or the characters. It is really weird. Whenever I have it sitting on my kindle, it just stares at me with judgment for not reading it already. I think it is because I have a deadline to read the book prior to the rel
Elizabeth
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just want to note that I was lucky enough to receive a free ARC copy to review (mostly because I couldn't wait until November to read it), however my review is not influenced by that in the slightest.
I've been really looking forward to reading Heritage ever since I raced through Lichgates and Treason back in July. I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint in the slightest. We left Treason with some big changes in store for the characters, and this narrative was largely focused on them processing
Kelly
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to find my ARC copy of Heritage last week! I cannot even begin to say how much I enjoy S.M. Boyce. I discovered Lichgates last year and adored it. Made my mom read it, and she loved it too. Then I got a hold of Treason, and loved it even more. And Heritage...... Wow. I love when fantasy does not follow conventional storytelling. All of the Grimoire saga has kept me on the edge of my seat, not knowing what kind of twists were coming. The imagination and the world building blow me a ...more
Kayla Curry
Heritage carries the Grimoire Saga on toward greatness. Lichgates and Treason are amazing, but the ending to this one just pushes it over the top. (Sorry, I don't want to give away any spoilers, but trust me, you will want to read it for yourself!)

The characters have grown since the first two books, they were wonderful to begin with, but their changes really start to come to the surface in this one. We also learn more about some of the other characters like Aurora, Frine, Evelyn and Deidre. And
Ally
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Maybe I'll write a proper review later, but I just wanted to get my thoughts down while still fresh... It took me MONTHS to get through this book. For me, that in and of itself is a testament to how dry this book was; as long as a book interests me in even the smallest of ways, I will not stop reading until I've finished. That was far from the case with Heriatge. The relationship between Kara and Braeden was sickening; it's all "Never leave me again!!!!!!!!" between making gooey-eyes at each oth ...more
Whitney
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been eating this series up. It is so enjoyable!

Boyce shows superior control in how she balances the negative aspects of the story with the positives. Heritage keep you on the edge of your seat. Anytime it felt like the characters could relax, the tide turned and you were plunged back into the conflict. On top of that, all of the characters' inner struggles are well explored in Heritage. Each of them has their own reason for being the way they are and you can identify so well with any of th
Jessica
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I discover the Grimoire saga this summer; it had everything I love in a book fantasy, romance, and a strong heroine. So when I was able to get a ARC of Heritage I was thrilled. Heritage starts off soon after Treason ends. In Heritage we see a lot of character growth in both Kara and Braeden. We see them both start to accept who they really are. Although I think Kara is still learning exactly who she is and what she is meant to do. Overall the story was good, the war had fin ...more
Emerald Barnes
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
Another winner for the Grimoire Saga by Mrs. Boyce!

We're back in Ourea where Kara has been awakened as an Isen and is having to learn how to control her powers. The Bloods don't trust one another, and Braeden is doing all he can do to prove that he isn't like his father.

Eventually, as most things do, tensions escalate, and there is war, betrayal, and a love that should never happen but has.

I loved this book as much as I've loved the previous two. I love being in Ourea. I love the twists and tur
Bobbi Hutchins lincoln
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Boyce has definitely captured myself into the world of Ourea. I was excited to get the book and could not put it down. The Grimoire Saga Series is by far my most favorite to read and will definitely reread every one of them again.

I absolutely love Kara and Braeden. The tribulations they must go through to be together and everything Kara must overcome within her new self. The two together are unstoppable and I look forward to seeing how things turn out for the two of them in the next book.

T
Jacob Davenport
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about anger, about power used carefully and used carelessly. Both Kara and Braeden struggle with rage and the power that their rage can unleash. We can all relate to this, as even in this world, angry people can be scary.

I found Kara's visit to her grandfather's house surprisingly touching. Maybe that's just a reflection of my connection to the character.

The book ends on an excellent cliff hanger. Not unsatisfying, but enticing.

Overall, I enjoyed this book the most of all three in
Jacquie Pennington smith
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I have loved every book in this saga and this one isn't any different. I read it, like I did with the others, in only two days because I couldn't put it down. This book is full of intrigue, action, betrayal and love. Kara has grown up a lot but is still coming to grips with her new incredible power. Braeden is busy gathering intel from the Stele while the Bloods are waiting to wage war against Carden. I can't wait to read the next book and see what happens in the wonderful world of Ourea.
Becky
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Boyce is definitely on my top 10 list of favorite authors and Heritage is just another reason why. She tells the story in such a way that your eyes are riveted to the page, drinking in the action and emotion. Boyce really ties all three together well with this one.
Heritage really advanced The Grimoire Saga along the path and I can't wait for the fourth book even though I don't want the story to end. I highly recommend buying this when it is available in November!
Robbert
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An other very nice story i have the honor to get a free copy from the writer so i could read it at advance i like this kind of books for me it is a other day of plesur the only problem is i have to wait longer voor the next book so dear readers run to the store on 5 november and get a copy
groeten Robbert
April
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series! Can't wait for book 4 to come out!
Jennifer Zamboni
As with the other two books in this series, Heritage is beautifully written. It's an emotional reading, including rage, holy tacos, I wanted to throttle one of the characters.

The romance is sweet. The threat to life is constant. These characters are so well written, they could be real.

The big twist was unexpected, & well done.

This is an amazing fantasy series. I'm excited to read the next book!
Madison Mega-Mara...: Heritage (#51) 1 1 Nov 09, 2013 08:18PM
Indie Authors Mon...: New Release!!! 4 11 Nov 05, 2013 08:02AM
Learn More 1 11 Jul 21, 2012 08:26PM
  • Solatium (Emanations #2)
  • The Prophecy (Secrets of Shadow Hill, #2)
  • Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria #3)
  • Oathbound (The Shimmer Trilogy, #3)
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • The Tenth Life of Mr. Whiskers
  • Bear Daughter
  • The Fire King
  • Shadowed Blade (Colbana Files, #5)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • Broken (Ancients of Light, #3)
  • Finding Meara (An Adven Realm Adventure, Vol. 1)
  • Shattered Silence (Ghostly Rhapsody, #2)
  • The Twilight Swimmer
  • Way Walkers: Tangled Paths (The Tazu Saga, #1)
  • Five (Maor #1)
  • The Burning Man (Everflame, #2)
  • Possession of My Heart (The Three Immortal Blades, #2)
Fantasy & horror author. Specializes in adventure and magic with a dash of mischief.

The Grimoire Saga (4 books)
  • Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga Book 1)
  • Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)
  • Illusion (The Grimoire Saga, #4)
“Frine gestured toward her. 'This new power of yours is dangerous, Kara.'

She shrugged.
'These are dangerous times.”
2 likes
“He’d never wanted a woman as much as he wanted Kara, and he was prepared to spend forever with her if she wanted that as well. - Braeden” 1 likes