Start by marking “One More Day” as Want to Read:
One More Day

One More Day

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
What if today never ends? What if everything about life-everything anyone hoped to be, to do, to experience-never happens? Whether sitting in a chair, driving down the road, in surgery, jumping off a cliff or flying ... that's where you'd be ... forever. Unless ... In One More Day, Erika Beebe, Marissa Halvorson, Kimberly Kay, J. Keller Ford, Danielle E. Shipley and Anna S ...more
Published November 18th 2013 by J. Taylor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One More Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Day

J.A. Belfield
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Like pretty much all anthologies, this one has it super strong stories, and its not quite super strong stories. However, to varying degrees, I enjoyed them all.
And whilst there is a common theme to the stories within this anthology, each of them differ, and each of them bring something different to the table, and so I'm going to give a tiny review of my thoughts on each one.

Reviewed in the order I read them:

Dragon Flight by J. Keller Ford
Let me just preface this one by saying that, despite its
Lauren Scharhag
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a highly enjoyable collection of stories which represent the full spectrum of speculative fiction: paranormal, paranormal romance, high fantasy, science-fiction, fairy tale and horror. The stories share two common threads: one is that each story is told from the point of view of a teenage protagonist. The other is that each of the main characters experiences a moment in which they look around to find that the world around them has stopped-- that time has stopped. The how and the why, of ...more
Danielle Shipley
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
One underlying premise, seven widely divergent end results. The anthology hits the ground running with Anna Simspon’s chronology-hopping “Time Piece” and Marissa Halvorson’s reality-bending “Dark Rose”. It made for a real page-turner of an opening, though I admit the preference for action over explanation displayed in both tales had me sometimes feeling as confused as the stories’ protagonists. The pace of J. Keller Ford’s “Dragon Flight” suited me better, and I enjoyed the narrative voice.

Readi
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Youn Aduls novels
Shelves: short-stories, ya
You can read this review and more on my blog:

I received a free copy of this book from J. Taylor Publishing in exchange for an honest review

One More Day is a collection of seven short stories that share a common theme. Each story involves time suddenly stopping, and focuses on how the main character not only deals with that sudden shock but how or if they can get time to start again. I'm going to share a small review of each story, and then let you guys know how much I liked the entire book
Kendra Conine
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short stories aren't really my venue of reading - I'm prejudiced a bit against short stories themselves. In my opinion they're too short to grant any genuine character development, too short to get into, and too short to do a really solid plot justice. However, I was impressed with some of the stories in this anthology! I'll do a short few-sentence review of each one.

Time Piece by Anna Simpson: Like I said above, short stories are too short to give a plot the justice it needs. Time Piece was wel
Lola
I'll review this one by giving my thoughts about each short story

Time Piece by Anna Simpson
This short story was really confusing, I had no idea what was going on and I couldn't get a grip on what was happening. It's too short to really explain a thing and there are alot of repetitive scenes, which makes it all more confusing. At the end I still had no idea what happened.

Dark Rose by Marissa Halvorson
This short story was interesting, but a bit rushed. I would've liked learning more and everything
Lynda Young
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Time Piece by Anna Simpson
Think Groundhog Day. The story could’ve been confusing but instead I was drawn along for the ride. This story is a great start to the anthology and I loved the ending.

Dark Rose by Marissa Halvorson
This story is about colliding universes, and as such, it has a fragmented dream-like quality to the writing--the way the characters come and go, the way there’s not a lot of description so the visualisation of the scenes feels hazy. My main issue was the flimsy motivations of
Kimberly Kay
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the diversity of the stories that arose driven by the "One More Day" theme. I was concerned that every story in here was going to sound the same, but though several stories have similarities, each is original and interesting.

I'll break down what I thought in the order they appear in the book:

"Time Piece" by Anna Simpson has lovely imagery. Some of her scenes are poetry in motion! Like watching sand slide through an hourglass. I loved the repetition, and the rhytm--almost like the swingin
Gail Nall
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
One More Day is a collection of YA short stories, all with the theme of time coming to complete and total stop. Each author takes this theme and runs with it in her chosen genre. Some, such as Danielle Shipley’s Inkborn and Kimberly Kay’s Sleepless Beauty are straight fantasy, while the others at least start with a contemporary setting.

The most interesting thing about this collection is how each author deals with the idea of time stopping. And they all go in quite different directions. I won’t t
Jamie Ayres
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this anthology . . . and the cover! I could stare at it all day!
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
The reason I decided to accept a review copy of this book was down to the fact I don't read many short stories. The whole concept and idea of the collection sounded really interesting, and I liked the idea of a group of stories with a common theme running throughout. One More Day features several shorts all based around the idea of time standing still. For this review I thought I'd recap each story and give my thoughts on it.

First up was Time Piece by Anna Simpson which follows Sadie as she is
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank J. Taylor Publishing for providing me with an eARC of this book to read and review. Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
What if today never ends?
What if everything about life—everything anyone hoped to be, to do, to experience—never happens?
Whether sitting in a chair, driving down the road, in surgery, jumping off a cliff or flying ... that's where you’d be ... forever.
Unless ...
In One More Day, Erika Beebe, Marissa Halv
Deborah Kreiser
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the interests of disclosure, the publisher provided me with an ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.

********

When I was asked to review this anthology, I was intrigued by its premise, and agreed right away. Notwithstanding the Wilson Phillips earworm that the title inspires (am I dating myself?), I found it overall a great read, and entirely appropriate for its Young Adult audience.

In Time Piece by Anna Simpson, the main character has to destroy a time machine before the world is completely
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book is written by several author's. Each has taken the subject of what if it were your last day? What if time stopped around you leaving you alone? What would you do?

Each of the author's has written a unique story. I was impressed at the range of subjects and ideas that they dreamed up. The stories range from fairy tale to science fiction.

I really loved some of the stories and other's I liked. That is why I gave it a 3 star rating. The range in story content is very broad. This is a good b
Lupita
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved it there was a little bit of everything for everyone a little bit horror a mixture of science fiction, some fantasy ,paranormal! There We're alot of " wait, did that just happen" moments for me and I mean that in the greatest way possible I love it when a book has me so enthralled that I have to reread it just because it's that good and just has me thinking whoa!
Dhivya Balaji
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
An awesome collection of six short stories. A really splendid choice of stopping time. Unique story lines of the same concept of time stopping. Kudos to the unique effort.
Katie
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
see full review here http://crasyabout.blogspot.com/2013/1...

i reviewed only Dark Rose by Marissa Halvorson

What if tomorrow never happens? What if it is our last day? What if time stops and will never begin again? What if you will never get a chance to kiss the guy you like? What if you will never get a chance to say your first “I love you”? So many “What if”-s, right? But the main question is: What would you do if today was your last day?

I don’t know the answer. Maybe try to think how o make i
Aisazia
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I sure wasn't let down by the quality of these stories. Especially considering I haven't heard of most of the other authors but I can vouch that each story is well written. So much so that it was easy for me to immerse myself into the stories without thinking about it.

I'm not going to review each story separately since there are already individual reviews out there and I agree with most of them. I do want to explain that the only reasons I gave lower scores on a few of them is that I felt like
Miranda
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher for an honest review.

Anthologies tend to be hit and miss for me. Of course the general hope is that you come out of it loving or at least liking most of the stories in said anthology, but unfortunately, for me and One More Day, this was not the case.

Time Piece by Anna Simpson: The hasty, frenetic pace of this story did set the stage for the anthology overall. But I felt like I'd read and seen the premise far too often for the story to feel inte
☆Joycedale☆
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, r2r
As with all books containing multiple stories you get some really great ones that you wish were longer and then some that was so so.
With all of these something happens, usually time stops, and the main character is left trying to figure out what's going on. They all have some life changing event such as finding out they're lives are actually a story being written or an end of the world fight that repeats every 100 yrs.
The reason I gave this 3 stars inside of 4 is because in almost every story ev
Hayley Guertin
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-list
One More Day is an awesome collection of stories contemplating the end of the world, time travel, and fixing what other people have caused. The stories are all really well written and very interesting. It's captivating to learn everyone's different views on time travel and how it works. Most of the stories were different from each other, but they were all really good, starting well, and they all made sense. There wasn't too much character development in the stories, which is good because they we ...more
Sharon Hughson
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some of the stories I would give five stars for sure. One doesn't seem to even fit with the theme of the book. They were the perfect length for my runs on the treadmill, though.
Anna Simpson
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm very pleased with our effort. We have a bit of everything in the anthology which made it great fun to read. :-)
Maghon Thomas
My Review with a remix:

So, the lovely Ms J Keller Ford-who has a very cool story in here- has requested a little something. Though she is not my “guest” author, she is a favorite of mine, so of course I totally had to tell her yes on that request. It may not be as “detailed” as last time, but it’s the thought that counts. I’ll be listing at least one song with each story :) LOL And, I am not going for the sappy I love you forever, I am going for the “holy crap we’re gunna die” type of music… LOL
Veronica
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I give it a three Because I didn't like every single short story!
Sheryl Winters
Julia
Jun 28, 2017
Grimm Report
Nov 23, 2013
Goodreads Librari...: Please add my book to my author page 3 19 Nov 23, 2013 08:47PM
Reviewers United: Seeking Reviewers for YA Anthology 1 14 Oct 28, 2013 11:15PM
  • Torn (The Fire Born Novels #2)
  • Darkest Day (The 19th Year, #3)
  • Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus, #2)
  • Make Believe
  • Beasts of Burdin
  • Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
  • Eye of the Soul (Pool of Souls #1)
  • Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2)
  • Bull Running for Girls
  • The Child
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • Supernatural Freak (Supernatural Freak, #1)
  • Salvation
  • The Shadow Constant
  • Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)
  • Things Withered
L.S. Murphy lives in the Greater St. Louis area where she watches Cardinals baseball, reads every book she can find, and weaves tales for teens and adults. When not doing all of the above, she tends to The Bean (aka her daughter), her husband and a menagerie of pets.

She is a member of Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and the St. Louis Writer’s Guild.

More about L.S. Murphy
“I gulped, mesmerized by his hypnotic eyes and charming, spearmint smile, and uttered something intelligent like,"Uh, huh." ~ from Dragon Flight” 3 likes