Start by marking “After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)” as Want to Read:
After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)

After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)

RAVAGED BY WAR ...AD 71. After the battle at Whorl, Brennus of Garrigill is irrevocably changed. Returning to Marske, Ineda finds her grandmother dead, though Brennus is not. Snared by a Roman patrol, they are marched to Witton where he is forced to labour for the Roman IX Legion. Embracing his new identity as Bran, Brennus vows to avert Roman occupation of northernmost Br ...more
Published November 26th 2013 by Crooked Cat Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about After Whorl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Whorl

Mark Patton
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The second part of a trilogy is perhaps the most difficult to write. The author has already introduced some of the key themes in the first part (prominent among the themes of The Beltane Choice was the conflict between the Brigantes tribe of northern England and the advancing legions of Rome in 71 AD), and almost certainly has in mind a final resolution in the third part, but does not want to give the game away in the second.

In After Whorl, Bran Reborn, we are still in 71 AD, and conflict betwe
Grace Elliot
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After Whorl: Bran Reborn, continues the momentous events started in The Beltane Choice with the Roman invasion of Britain as the native inhabitants struggle to preserve their way of life.
The Brigantes are a proud race and many prefer death to subjugation by the Roman invaders. The story starts with one of their brave warriors near fatally wounded, nursed back to health by a healer. Ashamed of his ruined body and with his strength is gone, in his new life Bran accepts the label of being simple a
Helen Hollick
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has received a Discovering Diamonds Review:
Helen Hollick
founder #DDRevs

'Ms Jardine is an accomplished writer ... a most satisfying read!'
Miriam Drori
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Jardine manages to make ancient history interesting and relevant for twenty-first-century readers. The characters in her Celtic Fervour trilogy don't have telephones or any of our means of communication. They have to travel huge distances to pass on information to scattered settlements. But inside, they're just like us, with emotions and feelings we can identify with.

We can understand the moods of Brennus, who is reborn as Bran. We can also appreciate the thoughts and actions of the youthf
Susan
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable novel in a very interesting and
well-described time of history. There was,
perhaps, a bit more detail than I would have
chosen, but overall it is nicely done.
Orion Diaram
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
This wonderful author did it again, captivating me in this wonderful and magical adventure from the first word, right to the very end.
This book is about Brennus, the Brother of Lorgan, who everyone thought was dead, but survived terrible injuries, thanks to an old healer called Meaghan, that not only heals him but shows him how to adapt to his disabilities and fight on.
The old Brennus has now been reborn, as Bran is no longer a warrior and half the man he used to be.
In this book you experien
Felicia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a continuation in the Celtic Fervour Series and I like it overall. I thought the rebirth of Bran was a realistic and made sense. I think there was a little too much information when it came to the Roman troop movements and strategies. I thought the life of the Celts was well done. I also liked the growth of Bran and Ineda as they dealt with their experiences. The book left us with a cliffhanger and I am excited to read the next book!
Yvonne Marjot
Dec 25, 2013
Mr Ampaabeng
Apr 14, 2017
Nancy
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Val
Jan 13, 2014
J.L.
Oct 05, 2014
Nancy
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Eirini