Start by marking “After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)” as Want to Read:
After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)

After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)

RAVAGED BY WAR ...AD 71. After the battle at Whorl, Brennus of Garrigill is irrevocably changed. Returning to Marske, Ineda finds her grandmother dead, though Brennus is not. Snared by a Roman patrol, they are marched to Witton where he is forced to labour for the Roman IX Legion. Embracing his new identity as Bran, Brennus vows to avert Roman occupation of northernmost Br ...more
Published November 26th 2013 by Crooked Cat Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about After Whorl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Whorl

Start your review of After Whorl: Bran Reborn (# 2, Celtic Fervour Series)
Lana لانا  (Bibliomedico)
For More Reviews and Recommendations , Visit Bibliomedico : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
*******************************
Thanks To Rachel At Rachel’s Random Resources For Giving Me The Opportunity To Be Part Of This Blog Tour .
*******************************
Check Out My Review Of The First book ( The Beltane Choice ) Here : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
*******************************
I've always thought the writing process of the second book of the series must be really diff
Kati
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-books
*** I received this book by Rachel Random Resources Tour in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much to Rachel and Crooked Cat Publishing for the opportunity to read and review After Whorl: Bran Reborn! ***

OMGosh! I so love and enjoy the Celtic Fervour series and the world so much I just can not tell you how much I miss the characters in this series so much. That I couldn't wait to dive in and read the sequel After Whorl: Bran Reborn next which we find out what happens to Brennus of Garr
Stephanie Jane
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

After Whorl: Bran Reborn is the second novel in Nancy Jardine's Celtic Fervour quartet and it follows swiftly on from The Beltane Choice which I read and reviewed in September. I would recommend that the books be read in order because I think I got a lot more depth from After Whorl: Bran Reborn having already met various characters in the first book. That said, Jardine takes the brave step of setting this second book in different locations to
Mark Patton
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The second part of a trilogy is perhaps the most difficult to write. The author has already introduced some of the key themes in the first part (prominent among the themes of The Beltane Choice was the conflict between the Brigantes tribe of northern England and the advancing legions of Rome in 71 AD), and almost certainly has in mind a final resolution in the third part, but does not want to give the game away in the second.

In After Whorl, Bran Reborn, we are still in 71 AD, and conflict betwe
Grace Elliot
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After Whorl: Bran Reborn, continues the momentous events started in The Beltane Choice with the Roman invasion of Britain as the native inhabitants struggle to preserve their way of life.
The Brigantes are a proud race and many prefer death to subjugation by the Roman invaders. The story starts with one of their brave warriors near fatally wounded, nursed back to health by a healer. Ashamed of his ruined body and with his strength is gone, in his new life Bran accepts the label of being simple a
Jessica Belmont
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Jardine’s After Whorl: Bran Reborn is the second in the series but I read it as a standalone. A fabulous novel that depicts the efforts of the Celtics to drive the Roman invaders out. I’m obsessed with this plot and determined to read book 1 now.

The characters are realistic. So realistic, I found myself very concerned for their lives. I was invested in their romances and worried that something would happen to them. I’m still thinking about them!

Nancy Jardine’s writing is epic. She describe
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
This second book picks up after the battle of Whorl. Brannus of Garrigill is a long way from home and presumed dead. Badly injured he's nursed back to health by an old woman called Meaghan. Meanwhile, Nara is now free from her betrothal to follow her heart and into the arms of his brother, Lorcan.

With the focus of this book on Brannus, I was a little sad because I really enjoyed getting to know Lorcan and Nara in The Beltane Choice. However, Bran is such a lovely gentle giant of a man so I quic
Helen Hollick
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has received a Discovering Diamonds Review:
Helen Hollick
founder #DDRevs

'Ms Jardine is an accomplished writer ... a most satisfying read!'
Miriam Drori
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Jardine manages to make ancient history interesting and relevant for twenty-first-century readers. The characters in her Celtic Fervour trilogy don't have telephones or any of our means of communication. They have to travel huge distances to pass on information to scattered settlements. But inside, they're just like us, with emotions and feelings we can identify with.

We can understand the moods of Brennus, who is reborn as Bran. We can also appreciate the thoughts and actions of the youthf
Susan
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable novel in a very interesting and
well-described time of history. There was,
perhaps, a bit more detail than I would have
chosen, but overall it is nicely done.
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
n this instalment we’re with Brennus after a near-fatal wounding at the Battle of Whorl. But he didn’t die – and with a wonderful old healer taking care of him, he survives. But when he comes round he struggles to tell her his name, and is renamed Bran…..a name he decides to stick with ‘Bran the Broken’ as he can no longer be the fierce warrior he once was.

He meets the granddaughter of his healer, and ends up returning to the village the tribes are living in, under the rule of the Romans. Althou
Christie72
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
After Whorl: Bran Reborn is the follow-up to the Beltane Choice. It opens up directly after Beltane with a fierce battle with the Romans. The hero of the story is Brennus, a Celt warrior, who is gravely injured in a battle.

The heroine, Ineda, is a young girl who has inherited the gift of healing from her grandmother, Meaghan. Her aunts have been killed, and now it is only her, her father, and her grandmother left. Her grandmother informs her that not only does she have her gift, but she will ha
Orion Diaram
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
This wonderful author did it again, captivating me in this wonderful and magical adventure from the first word, right to the very end.
This book is about Brennus, the Brother of Lorgan, who everyone thought was dead, but survived terrible injuries, thanks to an old healer called Meaghan, that not only heals him but shows him how to adapt to his disabilities and fight on.
The old Brennus has now been reborn, as Bran is no longer a warrior and half the man he used to be.
In this book you experien
Felicia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a continuation in the Celtic Fervour Series and I like it overall. I thought the rebirth of Bran was a realistic and made sense. I think there was a little too much information when it came to the Roman troop movements and strategies. I thought the life of the Celts was well done. I also liked the growth of Bran and Ineda as they dealt with their experiences. The book left us with a cliffhanger and I am excited to read the next book!
Yvonne Marjot
Apr 14, 2017
Rebecca
Oct 21, 2019
Nancy
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Val
Jan 13, 2014
J.L.
Oct 05, 2014
Nancy
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shantel
Apr 07, 2020
Eirini
Sep 22, 2018

• Songbird
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • Christmas at Pennington's
  • Outmatched
  • Writing Fiction - a user-friendly guide
  • Christmas Child: Discover this spellbinding Victorian Saga Romance by Carol Rivers. (Victorian Saga Romance Series Book 1)
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall (Glendale Hall, #1)
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap #2)
  • Four Christmases and a Secret: A heartwarming Christmas romantic comedy from the USA Today bestseller
  • Christmas at Frozen Falls
  • Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)
  • Helene (Lost Tales Of Solace Book 1)
  • Redeeming the Reclusive Earl
  • The Violinist's Apprentice
  • Love on Lexington Avenue (Central Park Pact, #2)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part One: A Reunion