Start by marking “Hunters' Quest (Hunters of Reloria series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunters' Quest (Hunters of Reloria series, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Hunters' Quest (Hunters of Reloria series, #2)

Magical Reloria is under siege by scaly Vergai invaders by portal who have captured the Elven Jewel which creates their protective forcefield. These Vergai live across the western sea, and have fled with the elven princess.
ebook
Published November 30th 2013 by Kasper Beaumont (first published November 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hunters' Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunters' Quest

Patricia

This is the second book in the Elven Jewel series. Reloria is under siege by the Vergai. Randir. and Fendi

and their bond fairies are on a mission to bring back the jewel and save Reloria. They have help from men. dwarves and a elf. They brave so many different trials as they fight to bring back the jewel to get the force field working again.

To throw a big twist into their plans the princess has been kidnapped by an alien Cyclops with a very mean ass lizard thing that does their bidding. So wh
Jeanette
Hunters' Quest by Kasper Beaumont is the second in the Hunter of Reloria series. It continues the quest to defeat the Vergai and their cyclops masters, defend Reloria against invasion, maintain the shield and rescue the Elven Jewel, Shari-Rose which holds it all together.

The book starts with the Hunters' encounter with pirates and a storm and keeps going from there, with one adventure after another, moving across the map of Reloria. In addition to the Haflings and their fairies, the elves, dwar
Lucinda
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A supremely magical fantasy of remarkable scope and originality!

“The Hunters of Reloria” is an exciting new series of extraordinary imaginative vision and breathtaking world building, in which you are transported to the hart of a magical place. From Elves and Fairies that bewitch, to fire-breathing Dragons and disgruntled Dwarves, Halflings {like Tolkien’s Hobbit’s} and Centaurs; this epic fantasy creation contains a diverse mixture of otherworldly creatures. Not since JRR Tolkien or William Ho
Fizza
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, fantasy
Hunters' Quest (book 2 in the Hunters of Reloria series) By Kasper Beaumont Description
Peaceful Reloria is under siege by scaly Vergai invaders by portal who have captured the Elven Jewel which creates their protective forcefield. These Vergai live across the western sea, and have fled with the elven princess.Halfling friends, Randir and Fendi and their bond-fairies are members of a group of brave hunters on a quest to recover the stolen Elven Jewel. They must search for a mage who can make a po
Gypsy Madden
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hunters of Reloria was a fun romp with a Fellowship straight out of Lord of the Rings (a couple of men, an aloof Elf, several Hobbits, and a dwarf -though this one had three hobbits and two dwarves and they were looking for their wizard to round out the group. At least this Fellowship had a token girl, though I do question why we can’t even up the number of males to females since it is the modern age) on a quest to rescue an Elven princess and take down the enemy forces while traveling through a ...more
Kat

This is the second book, and it was great to jump straight back into the quest to save Reloria after book 1, the Halflings gain more to their group while on their quest of forming an army to defend Reloria against the Vergai.

The Characters develop and grow as you progress through the book, bonds are formed, unlikely allies are gained.

Kasper Beaumont has developed the fantasy world and you get engrossed that I was reading well past my bedtime.

There are some setbacks that the group face, and alt
Sarah Baethge
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
'Hunter's Quest' is the sequel to Kasper Beaumont's 'Elven Jewl' in the Hunter's of Reloria trilogy. It is a grand mythical adventure where a group of unlikely allies (simple country halflings, shape-shifting mountain men, human nobles, dwarven mages & elven guardsmen) find that they need to work together in order to rescue the elven princess who controls magic that keeps their land of Reloria save.
Now this is more complicated than it sounds because the princess, Shari-Rose was kidnapped by
Deborah McClatchey
I was given this book for an honest review by this talented author.

After finishing the ELVEN JEWEL, I looked forward to once again be transported to another world. I found this book superb! It was intense! I love the mermaids, centaurs, and dragons… this has a fast-moving plot and action packed with new characters. Their continued journey is treacherous what with battles and magic.

I highly recommend this excellent read for middle school kids, young adults and the young at heart. It will not di
Carol Jones
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved this book, cant wait to read the next book
Cheryllynn Dyess
Beaumont has continued the adventure of the Hunters of Reloria without disappointment. She had managed to create a world and being so fantastical that you want to go there and experience yourself. Her character development is top notch and makes them each relatable.

Fantasy beings set in a fantasy world with adventure, danger, suspense, and even some romance fills this trilogy to the brim! I highly recommend anyone who enjoys a good epic fantasy to check out this author
Queen Spades
Note: This version of the book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. For the full review, please visit The Review Board website.

Hunters' Quest is the second book in The Hunters of Reloria trilogy. I did read the first book Elven Jewel to get the full effect of all that has gone on.

One of the things I tend to get asked as a reviewer is if the books in a trilogy can stand alone. Although one can read Elven Jewel and get the feel that it is a stand alone story, I cannot say f
Nobody Loser
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fantasy lovers and dreamers: We know the feeling of plodding through weak second books in a series. We live in a world where, at their best, a fantasy series can be only almost as good as the first. The idea may have been great to begin with, but its continuation often suffers from a lack of ideas or drowns in a subtle, anticlimactic wave. With that in mind, I started book two of the Hunters of Reloria series by Kasper Beaumont. Thankfully, I can say Elven Jewel: Hunters' Quest, launched 10-19-2 ...more
Frederick Crook
I have to start off by saying that my love of fantasy novels began and ended with J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and the “Lord of the Rings” series. Just like my interest in the life of a mobster began and ended with “The Godfather” movies. Yes, that means I have no interest in “The Sopranos”, either. It has nothing to do with how well the series was done, I got the point with “The Godfather”.
So, I have to say that Kaspar Beaumont has done reasonably well with this book. I have not read any of t
Andi Houtsch
Written in what I consider classic fantasy style, Hunters’ Quest sticks true to the traditional archetypes of elves and halflings, dwarves, shape shifting men, gnomes, centaurs and fairies, just to name a few. A group of eight companions travel together on a quest to rescue an elven princess who also happens to be the key component to a forcefield/shield that protects the magical land of Reloria.
While not terribly written, I found this book to be slow and uninteresting. It picks up where the fi
Louise White
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kasper Beaumont delivers yet another delightful read with Hunters' Quest, Book 2 of the Hunters of Reloria series.
The quest for the precious Jewel continues and the heroes are developing beautifully against the amazing backdrop that has been so skilfully crafted.
Action-packed from the outset, the fantastical creatures abound with mermaids, Centaurs and gnomes to name only a few, introduced at stages throughout the fast moving plot.
The locations are as nicely drawn as to be expected from Kasper B
Louise White
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The locations are as nicely drawn as to be expected from Kasper B
Julia
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy for me was new. New because it was a genre I wouldn't normally read on my own. Though I was given these books for a honest review and wanted to share that review with you.

The story begins with Fendi and Randir along with their fairies Fendi-la and Randir-la. Their connection with their fairies is quite amazing. Their lives soon change from what they know in the South Lands they know as their home. They've never been on an adventure much less had their world as they knew it threatene
Frank Wright
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True to form, the descriptive settings and characters pull you right into the story, even faster with this sequel than with the first book. There is a map at the beginning to bring a visual element to the settings and this story comes with some illustrations and descriptions of the characters I left in the first installment along with a brief background to refresh my memory.

The author wastes no time in causing the characters turmoil. They are immediately thrown into difficult situations and the
A.R. Wise
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this second installment of the Hunters of Reloria Trilogy things start to get very intense. Reloria is under siege from the evil Vergai invaders. They have captured the Elven Jewel, but she is feisty and holding her own.

We see our Hunters encounter a host of new allies that lend aid along their hard journey. I believe the mermaids were my favorite. Their journey is fraught with up-hill battles that they have to overcome. The introduction of new characters along the way added additional depth
Lorna Francis
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunters' Quest by Kasper Beaumont
This action packed second novel  in the Hunters of Reloria series is a Fantasy  lovers delight.  The development of  the characters and the introduction of new magical and fantastic creatures and characters is intriguing and delightful.
We find out more about the struggles and quarrels which have led to fighting and hatred  between the knights and mountain men of Reloria.  We see the sadness and loss that is a result of this in the Hunters Quest.  How can they pu
Kasey Cocoa
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-requested
The second book by Kasper turns out to be a much better work compared to the first book. The writing was much better and consistent with a smoother plot line that moves along nicely. There isn't much left to the imagination, which some readers prefer, and there's plenty going on to keep the reader turning pages. My middle child spent the better part of a day reading this one with a few words of praise afterwards. We would both recommend this to the fans of sci-fi and fantasy. I received an evalu ...more
Joanne Steptoe
This fantastic book continues the saga of the 'Hunters of Reloria'. It lets you get to know more about the halflings and the special link they have with their bond faeries. It reveals the story of the mysterious dragon man Ash and his heritage. It also continues to develop and evolve the characters and relationships started in 'Elven Jewel' (book one).

The introduction of new characters with just as much personality as the originals keeps the story alive an interesting. And... the plot not only r
Arlene Mullen
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So they are headed to cut off some Vergai and they are attacked by pirates and they sink. But Fendi is rescued by the queen of the mermaids. She senses that he has a far greater purpose and offers her protection and help. Daeron is able to get visions of the queen and see where she is and what she is doing. He gets a vision that makes them believe that the elven jewel can be restored.
It was a great 2nd book. The story was a little slow moving. I felt it could have been a little shorter and still
Fi Chadwick
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An exciting story that follows on from Elven Jewel. The hunters of reloria continue their treacherous journey to save the Elven Jewel and their home. They meet some fascinating creatures along the way. I particularly enjoyed the land of dragons, the centaurs, and the chatty and quirky mage. The halflings and their bond fairies become brave warriors in this instalment. A cliffhanger ends the story leaving me highly anticipating book 3. Suspense, adventure, action and some romance make this a must ...more
Victoria
Back in Beaumont's world of elves, dwarves and halflings, the adventure continues with more action and romance. While there are still aspects of the storytelling that need to be polished, Beaumont's characters show a lot of growth. I particularly enjoyed the development of the romantic relationships, particularly between Fendi and the 'halflling huntress.' I look forward to seeing what happens with them.
Steph
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until the editing is fixed.
Having read book one I went into Hunter's Quest with a negative mindset. And reading it didn't change my point of view. I'm not picking on the story, which was okay by itself. But I just couldn't get into it because I was constantly being distracted by the appalling editing and spelling mistakes. I only read the whole thing because I was critiquing it for a friend. I was glad when it was over.
Kasper
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hunters' Quest is an epic fantasy adventure novel. If you like books such as The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Belgariad, The Magician series or Narnia books, please give this a go. Magic happens :-)
It is suitable for proficient readers from around age 11 upwards. Plenty of adult fans too, so broad appeal.
Jessica Kong
A Great Sequel!

Hunter’s Quest is part two to Elven Jewel. I am happy to say that Kasper has succeeded in writing the perfect sequel. This story will not disappoint readers following the Hunters of Relora. I look forward to book 3.
Angela Ford
Action packed adventure

This adventure never had a dull moment, as the story continues the characters face all kinds of challenges all leading up to the huge finale in book three!
Emilee Morrison
I liked this. It was good, but at some stages I couldn't stay focused.
Kasper J. Beaumont was born and raised in Australia and lives a quiet life with the family in a seaside town. Kasper has combined a love of fantasy and a penchant for travel in this trilogy. Kasper started to write on the urging of friends and family and enjoys watching readers become immersed in the magical world of Reloria.

The Hunters of Reloria trilogy:
Elven Jewel was published as an ebook and