Start by marking “Quantum Physics for Babies” as Want to Read:
Quantum Physics for Babies

Quantum Physics for Babies

Quantum Physics for Babies by Chris Ferrie is a colorfully simple introduction to the principle which gives quantum physics its name. Baby will find out that energy is "quantized" and the weird world of atoms never comes to a stand still. It is never too early to become a quantum physicist!
Published September 3rd 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Physics for Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Physics for Babies

Start your review of Quantum Physics for Babies
Jon Nakapalau
First book on the subject that I understood - watch out Sheldon Cooper!
Alex
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Quantum Physics for Babies is a different type of board book, but I loved it. I saw it at Barnes and Nobles and had to possess it. A toddler science book is a MUST have! It was very, very basic, with only a few words on each page. It talked about the basic elements of an atom, and what an electron can and cannot do. I didn't understand Quantum Physics when I was in my college science courses, but at the end of this book it guarantees that you are a Quantum Physicist. Happy reading!
Alex
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby-books
Five stars to the title: this is absolutely the best title on my kid's shelf. One star to the pages: I'm more confused about quantum physics now than I was before I read it, and I was pretty fucking confused before. My toddler is incurably bored by the whole thing.
Jen
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookexpo-2017
Considering I had no idea what a "quantum" was, this book taught me something. Seriously, why aren't all difficult subjects taught in this manner? The basics at least. I might have done better in school in those subjects at least.

4 stars because I learned something. Cute concept for children and if it helps them, all the better. I don't think it could hurt.
Helen Pugsley
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got four of these books for my baby friend's birthday. Her parents were SO excited! It's hilarious trying to teach science to someone who can't wear clothes when they eat. We all imagine baby-friend running around kindergarten talking about physics and newton's laws!
Lata
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The material in this book was always my favourite part (those active electrons!) when we discussed atoms and their various bits in school.
April
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
These are novelty books. For the scientist who is having a baby, or something like that. As a librarian who purchases for our board book collection, I simply do not see the value that the Baby University adds to our library. The concepts, while explained in a very simple manner, are still too difficult for a baby or toddler to understand. The only thing I can see going for these books is that the vocabulary is new and unusual, which can be looked at as a positive. However, the books are not inte ...more
Emily Jensen
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

I am a high school chemistry teacher and I use this to teach about quanta and the Bohr model of the atom.
Satvika
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple and fastest way to make your babies (and mommies too ) as smart as Sheldon Cooper..love it! hahaha
Ariel
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to buy this for ever baby ever.
Merhan Fouad
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the cutest thing I have seen in my entire life
Kelly
Good grief...everything I know about quantum physics I learned from a board book. Very cool.
Kristin R
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Excellent book for babies and parents who want early exposure to STEM topics.
Piret
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever and simple explanation of the basics of quantum physics for babies.
Juliana
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris Ferrie has written an entire set of STEM books for babies. It's simultaneously hilarious and informative. Can you imagine reading to your 4 month old about quantum physics or Newtonian physics? How about quantum entanglement? There's a book for you in this series! Honestly, I'd read these for myself because it simplifies even the most complicated of sciences. You can actually begin to understand it. It's never too early to read these for your child.
Megababy
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Megababy by: daddy
Shelves: own
Mom review: Not very deep, but pretty good for a baby book. And even I learned something. Baby really seemed to like the simple pictures and bright shapes. Dad approves because it's more educational than the calculus book (which baby and I haven't read yet, but he has).
4/2/16
GooseberryCompote
I would have fared much better in science class if I'd had these.
Kika
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter's very first book - get on her level, scrubs.

I want all of these. They are incredibly wonderful.
Hubert
Perfect for babies! Never too early to get kids started on quantum mechanical principles.
Rochelle Baldwin
I read this to my one month old during her morning feeding. She seemed to be so into it she wasn't even drinking her milk.
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME BOARD BOOK. STEM Storytime material for a silly baby lapsit.
Erin
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My coworker, the overachiever, reads these books to her two year old who rocks her abacus and stethoscope on the regular. I figured I'd buy two copies when I bought her daughter a birthday gift. Anyhoo, it took me awhile to read our copy to my son, he's really into trucks and diggers, but we both got something out of it. I had to change the title to Quantum Physics for Big Boys, since my son will be five in November and would have been insulted. Obviously, the material is super basic but it was ...more
Brett
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of Kids books gonna be on this feed in the next few years since I'm Daddin' hard so be warned.

Obviously love the science angle. Lots of good reread value too, because I feel like I forgot everything I had read like two minutes after I was done. Lots of fun though and such a cool concept.
River
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: so-cute
This is a great way to learn complex physics ideas. I still don't quite understand quantum mechanics but this is definitely really helpfull.
Violet
Before reading this, I would not have thought it possible to simplify quantum physics to the board book level, but this does a wonderful job of getting the basics covered clearly and concisely. Looking forward to reading the other "science for babies" books.
Sue Winson
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love quirky and unique book like this! The title itself is misleading. This is no quantum physics for babies. This is quantum physics for all ages, because everyone, from young kids to adults will get to enjoy this book (and the series of other similar books by the same author) and learn something new from it. 23-month old little-AJ pointed at the circles and said "ball! Ball!" It is obvious that he has not a slightest idea what he is actually looking at and what this book is all about.

I wish
Joanne Roberts
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I think it is quirky and weird to use board books as a way to introduce subatomic particles, but not weirder than Jane Austen or Star Wars. I like the simple explanations but am not sure about the scientific vocabulary. I liked board books my kids could read themselves as they got older. This book has a different function than the type of books I bought. In our family's experience, the more complicated books were not successful or popular with our own children. Still nicely do ...more
Amanda
I selfishly got this for Ozman for Easter because I know nothing about quantum physics, don't speak math or science, and thought it would be a good primer. It is phenomenal. I knew about bonds and energy but to see it laid out in its most basic and concise format? It was almost a revelation. Ozman didn't care though, he insisted on a train book afterward because he was bored by this one.
Iwaswondering
Amazing book! This is going to become my “most gifted” book set.

The Science for Babies series is brilliantly done. In this book, the author manages to break down the basic concepts of Quantum Physics into a few easily digestible nuggets.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Happy Hippo, Angry Duck
  • The Stranger
  • The Going to Bed Book
  • Hello, World! Solar System
  • Baby Loves Aerospace Engineering!
  • Mirror
  • Will Ladybug Hug?
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Doggies: A Counting and Barking Book
  • Diapers Are Not Forever
  • If Animals Kissed Good Night
I am Chris Ferrie, father of four and happy husband. My day job is academic research where I follow my curiosity through the word of quantum physics. My passion for communicating science has led from the most esoteric topics of mathematical physics to more recently writing children’s books.