Start by marking “The World's Greatest Serial Killers (World's Greatest)” as Want to Read:
The World's Greatest Serial Killers (World's Greatest)

The World's Greatest Serial Killers (World's Greatest)

Published September 15th 1999 by Bounty Books

To ask other readers questions about The World's Greatest Serial Killers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World's Greatest Serial Killers

Start your review of The World's Greatest Serial Killers (World's Greatest)
Johara Almogbel
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 52-books-2012
Here's the thing. Serial killers both equally fascinate and disgust me. I can't stop reading their stories, but at the same time I really don't want to read about them in the first place. It's like watching a horror movie with your hands firmly over your eyes the whole time.

That being said, this book left a bad taste in my mouth. (no horrible pun intended) I don't know why I got more creeped out by it then the hours I've spent on Wikipedia or Tru TV. I think it might be the way the author posit
Kae
Jul 07, 2011 rated it liked it
never imagined these kinds of people exists/ever existed! clearly, they are the devil's incarnate ); i thought nobody could ever beat jack the ripper out of the game but clearly i was wrong.. sighhh this book makes me doubt the very idea i always cling to: that every human being is innately good..
bookaholic_kim
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book suits the Halloween theme. It is a gruesome and disgusting read but we can't deny that these cases happened in real life.

You have to have a strong stomach to handle this if you want to read it.
Donna Ledesma
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Horrifying.
and disgusting, along with The World's Greatest Cults.

this book is my father's, had it at home years ago, and I didn't read it all. man, why did i even read it at all. i guess i should have just been contented with the knowledge that several people are ultra-violent. 'cause getting as far as reading a vivid narration and depiction of the crimes...oh man, that face on the cover alone sort of makes me feel squeamish.

I can only get so far reading morbid stories. amazes me how man is cap
Bryan
Jul 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Most interesting story of all creepy story
E.M.
Pretty scary by these well-known serial killers.
Emma
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it
This book has a three star review from me almost solely for the fascinating subject matter. The text itself is often poorly composed and there are many grammatical errors which should have been addressed during proofreading. I have made a study of serial killers for many years and am well read on several cases: worryingly, I spotted mistakes and inaccuracies in the sections on Bundy, Ramirez, the Moors Murders and the Wests, which makes me wonder just how correct the information is in the other ...more
Eimad
Aug 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: general
clearly chill my blood while i keep reading this.but the story at last quarter of this book starting to decrease its rate of cruelness.still i rate Jack The Ripper the.albeit he only killed 5 or 6 peoples he never get caught.though u can argue there are other serial killers that never get caught too,but still Jack The Ripper is like the father of serial killers.one can argue that he actually the forming image of serial killer.s.still,i hate this book.not because it's bad but i kind of felt what ...more
Rachel 💚
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, non-fiction, adult
this was really interesting, ive always been slightly morbid BUT i am going to be studying criminology in a few weeks so i had the perfect excuse to read this! parts of it were really sick, i couldnt put it down!

my favs were the moors murders, ted bundy and jeffrey dahmer!

this is a really great, thrilling read!
Josephine Lyn
Jun 01, 2012 rated it liked it
An interesting compilation. Disgusting and morbid stories are indeed included. Though I would have preferred a more extensive list featuring individuals from other countries, perhaps they're even "greater" than the ones featured here.
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Do like the 'World's Greatest' series for dip in reads
Lubna
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
There is way too much evil in the world .
Faizal
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Despite of every rumors sayin that killers are bad person, some of them lies a very tragic childhood life.

such a worth read piece!!
Ghaly
Jul 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
It was okay, the writer bored me a bit with his style of narrating, and at some points I lost track with who was who and who did what. I resorted to Wikipedia for a better reading, honestly.
Kirsty Hoggons
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't know how many times I have read this book. I just know that I absolutely love it!
Abrar AlFouzan
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-reads
This book was very disturbing. I really had no idea how terrible the world is!
Tracey
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-books
This a very good book. Very interesting
Marina Xheka
Sep 29, 2015
Liz
Feb 08, 2015
Petra
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2016
Nov 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Patti LuPone: A Memoir
  • The World's Greatest Hollywood Scandals
  • Someone Is Hiding Something: What Happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?
  • The Marble Collector
  • "ديوان صلاح عبدالصبور "المسرحيات
  • الفتى مهران
  • Everything Is Lies
  • E.S.P.
  • After the Leaves Fall (Threads of Change #1)
  • Fireflies in December (Calloway Summers #1)
  • The Time of My Life
  • The Honey Queen
  • The Pajama Game
Nigel Cawthorne is an Anglo-American writer of fiction and non-fiction, and an editor. He has written more than 80 books on a wide range of subjects and has contributed to The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph Daily Mail and The New York Times. He has appeared on television and BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Many of Nigel Cawthorne's books are compilations of popular history, without footnotes, referen