Start by marking “A Farewell to Myself” as Want to Read:
A Farewell to Myself

A Farewell to Myself

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Rev. Jones has spun a personal tale of life and death, of faith and unbelief and of forgiveness through the cross of Christ. He finds the gap between man and God and closes it with raw humor and honesty as he describes what it is to look oneself in the heart and say, "Farewell."

"The Lord said, as I knelt in the stream above a waterfall, "I think you'll find many
Published November 9th 2013 by Oakwood Covenant Press

To ask other readers questions about A Farewell to Myself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Farewell to Myself

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of A Farewell to Myself
Michael Jones
"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." --Jesus (Matthew 10:39)

Have you ever wondered what it would be like for someone who had built their life and career around being a tenured, PhD Ivy League professor to really lose their "life" to follow Jesus?

This is the retelling of the story of a man who did just that. Jones leaves the job security and starts to empathize with people who are down on their luck. Characters are sketched through
Conrad Planas
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have already registered on this web site the message I took away from Dr. Stephen Jones’ book, A Farewell to Myself…" However, after rereading it, I find I have a lot more to say about it.
First, Dr. Jones is not some jumped-up, Bible-thumping, Sunday-morning televangelist. This book is genuine, first-class literature. It is artfully patterned, structured for best impact and it is eloquent. Dr. Jones presents the story as his personal struggle with the vicissitudes – well, that is too weak –
Mitzi