Start by marking “Terror on the Titanic (Choose Your Own Adventure, #169)” as Want to Read:
Terror on the Titanic (Choose Your Own Adventure, #169)

Terror on the Titanic

(Choose Your Own Adventure (Chooseco) #24)

April 10, 1912. You are in Cobh, Ireland, about to embark on the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic. Once aboard you and your friend Jessica explore the world's most luxurious ship and study how it operates. You also observe the crew. This is all thrilling and excitement fills the air. But the excitement turns to terror as the Titanic heads towards a giant iceberg! You spot

Published December 1st 2007 by Chooseco (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Terror on the Titanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terror on the Titanic

Nick Guzan
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I know the intended audience is people 1/3rd my age but I legitimately enjoyed reading this and pursuing all 19 endings (including a few where I actually save the Titanic from sinking, which is naturally a thrill).

It was also better-written than I expected with the author including quite a few poignant passages, particularly describing the sinking of the ship. As a Titanic enthusiast, I spotted plenty of small and accurate details that certainly added to my reading experience.
Katy M
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pop Sugar Reading Challenge 2019-A choose-Your Own Adventure book.

I always hated these when I was a kid and they were all the rage. Because I always died. I picked this book because I figured it was a sure thing that I would die and wouldn't berate myself too much about my bad decision making skills. However, I didn't die, but my path just ended up in the air. (view spoiler)
Alex
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: titanic
For a book that takes place on the Titanic, it sure is remarkably easy to escape from it completely unscathed.

On my first read-through I actually averted the entire disaster by spotting the iceberg using a pair of binoculars, so there's that. On subsequent readings making different choices, I continued to inexplicably survive, even making a flimsy raft out of bread or something. Considering "I" was a teenaged male, the odds of actually surviving the sinking were slim to none, but you'd never kn
Sahej Panag
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
In this book I act as myself, and as each page goes on I have to choose different paths to help myself survive, and some choices can even lead to death. So I want to desperately survive dying aboard the Titanic, but as we approach the iceberg I find out many secrets of the people onboard, and my surviving chance gets thinner, and thinner as I am now an enemy of the people aboard the Titanic. So, when I am sitting out on front of the titanic, and watching the scenery with my friend Jessica I noti ...more
Samantha Glasser
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book combined two of my favorite things: Choose Your Own Adventure and Titanic. You are on board the famous ship and trying to survive. You can choose to build your own raft to survive, try to dive into the water and hope a lifeboat picks you up, or go down honorably with the ship. This one is full of excitement. I read it several times.
Natasha M.
Bev
Terror on the Titanic by Jim Wallace was a second Choose Your Own Adventure book to catch my eye when I was looking to find a title to read for the PopSugar Reading Challenge. I decided that rather than have to choose between the Tower of London and the Titanic I'd just bring both home and read them. This book plays a little more fast and loose with history than the Tower book did--sure it brought in ghosts, but the information it gave about the historical figures and the sections of the Tower w ...more
I've discovered that when I'm reading these books, I end up wanting to have a happy ending no matter what the story line. While reading this one, I tried to be brave and make choices that were different than what I would do if it was real life. After a little while, I wimped out and went back to playing it safe. Having to face the literary consequences of the choices you make changes the way you interact with the book.

On the plus side, my character survived.

Author: Jim Wallace
Publisher: Choose
Kasey Wilson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
The pictures look like I drew them.
Spoiler alert.
I got off the Titanic. I survived.

I also stopped my Uncle's business partner from stealing gold in a fancy car.

Also... I drowned.
Met a baker.
And bought a piano.
Gabriela McKelligan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have good memories of these kinds of books. However they are valid under certain age range, in my opinion.
Sarah Schmidt
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read these in elementary and middle school. I remember them being cheesey but really good.
Galion Public Library Teens
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Review by P.H. : "Dislike because you died in almost all endings."
Leerye
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
really good
Lynn K.
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The branch that I followed didn't have much action, but there was an adequate amount of choices at even intervals that kept it interesting.
Amanda
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
#326
Dolly
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy choose-your-own adventure books
Our oldest has been bringing home various You Choose books from her elementary school library. And now at our local library we've discovered some of the books from the original Choose Your Own Adventure series that I read when I was a child. I remember loving books like this in my childhood and I am excited that our girls are discovering them as well.

This book focuses on the Titanic disaster, which I thought was fitting since the tragic event occurred just over 100 years ago and there's been a l
Rochelle Sondae
I loved these kinds of books as a kid. I think I even remember where they were on the shelf of the old Cambrian Library that has since been rebuilt. I read it through a few times, changing my choices each time. I got annoyed after finding the second page forwarding error and yet plugged along trying to imagine my 7-10 year old self getting excited with deciding the fate of the characters, weighing the pros and cons of each decision. I was left wanting a more complete story with better illustrati ...more
Kate
I flipped through this book after I requested it for a Titanic-themed YA party at my library. For a Choose Your Own Adventure, it seemed way too easy to get a "happy" ending where you survive, especially given that the setting is the Titanic and the protagonist is assumed to be a young man. When I read them as a child, I seem to remember always getting a death ending.

This series were never great books even when I read them in the early 1990s, but somehow they seem to have stood the test of time;
Yassin
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I read this book called Terror On The Titanic. It was by the same author but it had a different cover. This was not a normal book. The book was based on chose your own adventure. This is when you read a little bit to a certain spot and then there will be a check point from here it tells you if you want to do this then go to page 36 or anything else. The cool thing is it has all the information that is in the normal titanic story. For the people that love the titanic story this would be a very ni ...more
Alyssa
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
Choose your own Adventure: Terror on the Titanic by, Jim Wallace is an amazing story. I love the Choose your own Adventure books. They are so interesting and amazing. Terror on the Titanic was on of my favorite Choose your own Adventure books because I love the Titanic and all together it was just an interesting, and amazing book. Jim Wallace is an amazing author.
Genni Eccles
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I grew up with Cooke Your Own Adventure and saw this in my bookshelves today and decided to give it a whirl. The fun of the book is that you choose your fate; you don't just read a story but you are in it instead. I can't say that this was written well or it had an original plot, because it didn't. But it is always fun to dive into these.
Marts  (Thinker)
Dec 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Lets go back to April 1912 with adventure #24 of the 'Choose your own adventure' series, Terror on the Titanic... in these books the reader gets to be the central character by choosing what path the tale follows through a variety of endings...
Nick West
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: titanic
Decent. Many of the endings fail to factor in the main plot line involving gold, which is sloppy storytelling even for a CYOA book. On the plus side the book does a pretty good job of being historically accurate on the Titanic.
Meadow
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this with my daughter and we had a great many adventure. She was always very excited when the ending didn't end in death. I love Titanic so this was great fun!
Sharon O'Reilly
May 20, 2019
Lydia
Jun 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Space Patrol (Choose Your Own Adventure, #22)
  • Trouble on Planet Earth (Choose Your Own Adventure, #29)
  • The Titanic: An Interactive History Adventure
  • Your Code Name Is Jonah (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
  • Secret of the Pyramids (Choose Your Own Adventure, #19)
  • Titanic Sinks!: Experience the Titanic's Doomed Voyage in this Unique Presentation of Fact and Fiction
  • Vampire Express (Choose Your Own Adventure, #31)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Titanic
  • Can You Survive the Titanic?: An Interactive Survival Adventure
  • The Children's Crusade (The Books of Magic, #3)
  • Titanic: Triumph and Tragedy

Choose Your Own Adventure (Chooseco) (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • The Abominable Snowman (Choose Your Own Adventure, #13)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4)
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)
  • Mystery of the Maya (Choose Your Own Adventure, #11)
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • The Race Forever (Choose Your Own Adventure, #17)
  • Escape (Choose Your Own Adventure, #20)
  • Lost on the Amazon (Choose Your Own Adventure, #24)
  • Prisoner of the Ant People (Choose Your Own Adventure, #25)