Start by marking “The Ivory Carver Trilogy: Mother Earth Father Sky, My Sister the Moon, and Brother Wind” as Want to Read:

(Ivory Carver #1-3)

A special three-in-one edition of Sue Harrison’s mythic and memorable Ivory Carver Trilogy

In Mother Earth Father Sky, it’s 7056 BC, a time before history. On the first day that Chagak’s womanhood is acknowledged within her Aleut tribe, she unexpectedly finds herself betrothed to Seal Stalker, the most promising young hunter in the village. A bright future lies ahead of Cha
Published November 18th 2013 by Open Road Media

To ask other readers questions about The Ivory Carver Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ivory Carver Trilogy

Sandra Karle
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another interesting story. Slow moving in areas but well-written and I had to finish the story.
Stephen Sutton
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, as far as I got... I'm almost ashamed to say that I didn't complete it! 😞 To be honest, mid-way through the second volume, it (for me) became quite boring and almost repetitive. One of your reviewers got it right, by saying "it's not the Clan of the Cave Bear Series." - I get it, it's probably not meant to be but, if that's the case, why does it try so hard 'to be?' Some of the plot-lines are very similar but, again, for me, are not so convincing or engaging as COTCB. They d ...more
Beth
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, the 5 stars pretty much say it all cause I don't give many. I also don't often read trilogies complete, but this one sucked me in and would not let me go. I will miss these characters! Such a great read!
Sherry Bowie
Loved it but nothing will ever beat the Clan of the Cave Bears series.
Katsim Simons
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Three stars for the story, five for the background research into American Indian and other tales that formed some of the basis. I had to force myself to finish this one. I liked the first book, it reminded me of Island of the Blue Dolphins. But as the second and third books dragged on, I got quite tired of how the evil men and evil women always triumphed over the more likeable characters. In particular, the sympathetic female characters got treated poorly so consistently in these stories, or dis ...more
Barbara Chandler
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it

I have not read a book about early people in years, I have read a lot in the past. I felt this book was well done, the end was predictable but that's ok with me. I enjoyed the intertwining of people and stories and they were done well. I thoroughly enjoyed the book(s).
Peggy
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten stars

Fascinating, engrossing, captivating, suspenseful, all barely describe each of these connected stories. Who could believe people living 7000 BC could be so interesting. Can you imagine women living barefoot in Aleutian Islands,wading out in those cold waters to launch their boats, commonplace to find food, prepare it, store it, while caring for menfolk and babies!
Scarlet Blu
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite in the "prehistory" genre! Not as 'true-to-life' as, say Jean Auel or Linda Lay Shuler, magic weaves in and out of this epic and it seems to be based on some legendary ancient story I've not heard of, but it's a lovely and gritty exploration of hard life in a magical, ancient world!
Kit Sheehan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating

I fell in love with the historical approach to a rich story of native people, entrenched in all the trimmings of humanity. I loved the rawness of each of these stories.
Snezana Lindskog
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunning!
Stephanie Badger
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book I have read Jean M Auels books about 10 times I so enjoyed them this trilogy is just as good if not better never thought I'd say that. Just started next trilogy.
Kris Rhodes
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, learned some while reading. I did get really tired of the length of the abduction and torture components. I occasionally thought of giving up on the story, particularly once I got to book 2, but I'm glad I plowed through the tough parts. It was a tough life and time. I enjoyed seeing the different lifestyles across communities and the differing roles of women and the strength of the women.
Cheryl
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first book in the trilogy. The author does a fabulous job of giving you information without being tedious about it. The story was interesting and moved along nicely. It gives you a nice feel for what life might have been like in that time and place. By itself, I would have given it a 3.5 or 4 star rating. The next two books in the trilogy were just unrelenting misery, almost seeming like a bad soap opera set in the Aleutian Islands around 7000 BC.
Ann T.  Walsh
Alaska

I loved these books I was sorry when they were finished even though they were extremely long. I look forward to the next books
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read with a depth of knowledge about life in early Alaska. Or at least I assume so. I'm not in a position to critique the accuracy.
Carobe
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Istidssagan
Moder jord,fader himmel

Min syster månen

Min bror vinden
Michelle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Started out strong with the first book. Started to get repetitive and pretty sad near the end.
Vanessa Williams
Jun 19, 2017
  • A Different  Sky
  • Beneath A Midnight Moon
  • Falcon Moon
  • Firebird (Apocalypto, #4)
  • 20 Minute Express Recipes for Busy People
  • The Power of Place: How Our Surroundings Shape Our Thoughts, Emotions, and Actions
  • We Use Coupons, You Should Too! How Couponing Saved My Life
  • Wounded Hearts
Sue Harrison is the author of six critically acclaimed and internationally bestselling novels. Mother Earth Father Sky, My Sister the Moon and Brother Wind make up The Ivory Carver Trilogy, an epic adventure set in prehistoric Alaska. Song of the River, Cry of the Wind and Call Down the Stars comprise The Storyteller Trilogy. Sue’s young adult book, SISU, was released by Thunder Bay Press .

Sue Har

Ivory Carver (3 books)
  • Mother Earth Father Sky (Ivory Carver, #1)
  • My Sister the Moon (Ivory Carver, #2)
  • Brother Wind (Ivory Carver, #3)