Start by marking “Play (Stage Dive, #2)” as Want to Read:
Play (Stage Dive, #2)

Play

(Stage Dive #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  44,885 Ratings  ·  4,139 Reviews
Kylie Scott returns with the highly anticipated follow-up to international bestseller Lick.

Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn't plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn't count on finding the one r
Published March 25th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Play, please sign up.
Mary Yes, they intertwine. I don't think you have to read them in order to get it but it would probably be more enjoyable.
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,395 books — 5,847 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma ChasePerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Funny as Hell!
2,052 books — 5,873 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

You can read my full review at Sinfully Sexy.

5 "Mal Loves Anne's Clitoris" Stars!

description

“Hello, Anne’s clitoris. It’s me, Malcolm, your lord and master.”

“Oh, god, no.” I covered my face with my hands. “Please don’t.”

“Shh. This is a private conversation.” He brushed hot feverish kisses up and down the lips of my sex. My stomach tensed so hard it hurt. “Look at you all pretty, pink and excited. Don’t worry, I’ll look after you.”

“If you don’t stop talking to my vagina I’m going to kill you.”

And..
Christy
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 ‘Crazy Eyes’ stars!

photo 097f74d9-aea2-4f25-bf8d-387e1938aa88_zpscbc96c35.jpg

After reading Lick, I’ve been waiting for this book. For Mal’s book. I loved him in the first and I had such high hopes for his story. Let me tell you... It didn’t let me down! I love rockstar books, but these are in a different league. Not only are they hot, sweet, and full of sexy rockstars, but they are off the charts hilarious. I laughed so hard in this story! But it wasn’t just funny- there was a lot of depth in there too.

Anne is in a pinch. Once again, she’s been used
Kristen
2 1/2 to 3–I'M A BIT BAFFLED–Stars

Looks like I'm in the minority here!
Everyone seems to love this book but me. I didn't dislike it; in fact, I laughed quite often during the course of the story. I must admit, however, that the plot felt a bit random to me. Even as I closed the book, I was still unsure what this story was really about.

I LOVED Mal's character in Lick and couldn't wait to read his book. Unfortunately, for me, he ended up being too crazy, too manic, and too over-the-top. I found
Patrycja

Release Date: 25th March, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Play, just as previous Kylie Scott’s novel Lick, is fast paced, incredibly sweet and sexy story that literally swept me off my feet. I quickly found myself falling in love with the main characters, the witty banter between them and the fabulous sexual tension that purely rocked!

I didn’t think it was possible for Kylie Scott to at least matc
Pearl Angeli
"Life`s a song, Anne. Let's play."

5 Stars!

You cannot just simply resist Mal Ericson.

I have been so interested to read the Mal's story ever since Lick. Well who doesn't want to get to know him more? He's such a fun and goofy character and I knew that behind his playful attitude there's a different side of him that we have yet to see.

Malcolm "Mal" Ericson is Stage Dive's drummer. He is known as someone who always "plays" around when it comes to women. With his happy-go-lucky lifestyle, relatio
Emma Chase
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't decide if David or Mal is my favorite!!! Loved :))
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
"Life's a song,Anne.
Let's play."

Wow I'm a big fan of this series!!I loved Lick and I loved this one!!This book was so refreshing and funny!!I laughed so loud!!Mal is hilarious!I was really looking forward for his book!!

Anne wasn't lucky in her life.She is a good person, she cares for everyone but sometimes people take advantage of her..Her roommate walk out on her and her boss use her.When her friends asked her to go with them in a party, she decides to go with them..and there she will meet th
Anniebananie
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Und wieder ein Buch innerhalb von 24 Stunden gelesen, das hab ich momentan irgendwie echt drauf 😎 hatte mich nach dem ersten Band sehr auf diesen gefreut weil MAL 😍😍 leider konnte es mich dann aber nicht zu 100% überzeugen bzw. meine doch recht hohen Erwartungen nicht ganz erfüllen 😕 das Buch war zwar super witzig und spritzig aber dennoch hat mir so das Gewissen letzte etwas gefehlt um emotional vollkommen mit den beiden Protas zu gehen. Dennoch mag ich Kylie Scotts Schreibstil sehr gerne und b ...more
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I loved Book one Lick.

And I loved this book! Even more!

Mal was so much more than he promised in Lick!

Mal and Anne meet at a party, Mal decided he liked Anne, and that he needs Anne (for reasons of his own) and Anne needs him. So he moves in and convinced Anne to be a pretend Girlfriend.

"You moved in with me somehow".......

"I know what you're gonna say, it's sooner than I thought too. But Davie threw me out today so I figured, why wait?"

I just blinked, the rest of me being too frozen to respond
*TANYA*
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Mal was a hoot!!! I'm totally digging this series now.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I finished this book early Saturday morning, but I’m just getting around to reviewing it because every time I think about what to say I develop a pretty massive problem in my underwears . . . .

Last week I read Lick after having an okay reaction to Dirty (these titles are really horrible – Kylie Scott is lucky there was another pervert I spent my baseball weekends with who recommended her stuff to me because I probably would have avoi
Jasmine
4.5 STARS! ★★★★☆

“We’ve broken my bed,” I said, stating the obvious.
“In battle, sacrifices must be made, pumpkin.”

Well holy cow! When I first met Mal in Lick, I knew he would be a totally fun guy to read about but I didn't expect how crazy and freakin hilarious this read was! Once I started, I couldn't put it down and I even had to sacrifice a bit of sleep just to read a little bit more of Mal!

“Make love. I meant make love … of course. I would never just stick my dick in you. I would make mad,
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Play (Stage Dive #2)
Author – Kylie Scott
Publication Date – March 25, 2014
Type – No Cliffhanger Series
Genre – Romance/Humor
Rating – 5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author (Release Blitz) in exchange for an honest review.

Review
First things first….OMG OMG OMG…..I WANT MALCOLM!!

*whew…OK….now that’s out of my system – I can continue on with my review – what a fucking fantastic book…we had EVERYTHING all wrapped up in a cute story….we had an abundance of humor, a strong heroine,
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Rock Fans, Kylie Scott fans, Everyone
5 I Don't Care, I Keep Reading Great Books Stars * * * * *
Buddy Ready with my Angel Carol, Woot Woot

I have been on a roll... I have read all types of books with one thing in common... They have been Fucking GREAT. Some have been more serious, more intricate; others have been a lark or hot and steamy.

What all of them have in common is fantastic writing.

I am talking about writing which makes you care; which makes you think of nothing but the words in front of you. You want to be part of the stor
~IreneOust~
Aug 05, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

March 14, 2014

THE COVER = ♥♥♥♥♥

photo playcover_zps78ea536a.jpg

Currently on NetGalley.

August 5, 2013

HELLZ YEAH!!! Bring on Mal!!! Nothing beats (pun most definitely intended!) a sexy drummer!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Donish Henry-Cole (BookItWithDon)
4 'I love you, Mal' stars!!!!

He spun on his heel to face me, arms out wide. “Life’s a song, Anne. Let’s play.”

After reading Lick I was hooked but while reading 'Lick,' I fell in love with Stage Dive's drummer, Mal. So, when I found out the second book was his story I nearly died of a heart attack and couldn't wait to continue to fall for the hilarious Mal.

In Play, we have Anne. Anna gets ditched by her bitch of a 'friend' leading Anna being roommate less, moneyless and practically homel
✿kawehi.reviews
A couple of my favorite quotes:

Mal- "Hello, Anne's clitoris. It's me, Malcom, your lord and master."
- "Oh, god, no." I covered my face with my hands. "Please don't." - Anne
Mal- "Shh. This is a private conversation...
You're beautiful, Anne's pussy. Just beautiful. And I'm not mean like her. I'm on your side and I love you very much because you feel f#cking amazing wrapped around my d*ck."

"You're a friend of Ev's and Lauren's. We talked. I tackled you. We rolled around on the floor together. It
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
After meeting Mal in the first book, Lick, I could hardly wait to get to know this sweet and funny drummer better...much better. And I was not disappointed...well, maybe just a tad.

Mal is everything you think he is...fun, crazy, wild and your typical rock god manwhore but there's something going on with him. It's almost like he has ADD.

description

And right from the moment he meets Anne and wants her as a "fake" girlfriend, you just know there's something going on. Especially because he sets rules...rules
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 laughing my ass off stars

I. FREAKING. ADORED. THIS. BOOK!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who haven’t caught onto the Stave Dive series, which starts with the brilliant first book Lick, get on it now!!! Warning, this review will be told mostly in quotes because I could never replicate the awesomeness that is Ms. Scott’s writing style.

Play is the story of Mal, the playful drummer of Stage Dive, and Anne, the charming and cute girl who works in a book shop. The story starts when Anne is screwed ove
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 ~ 4 Pumpkin Stars

description

"Life's a song, Anne. Let's play."

I was so excited to finally be able to sit and read Mal's story. I found his sense of humor completely hillarious! Anne was extremely relatable and likable character.

"Pumpkin, I'm always serious when it comes to you. Even when I'm messing around, I'm still serious as shit."

Somewhere along the way, their relationship felt like it was on fast foward and the story kinda felt like the same old for me. There were several scenes that I did
Amy | Foxy Blogs
"Take a chance, Anne."
Mal caught my attention in Lick and I've been looking forward to his book. The other night my husband and I were watching an Iron Maiden concert/tour on Paladia and I got this HUGE urge for a Rock-n-Roll book.

Mal is known to be the life of the party and when he overhears a personal phone conversation of Anne's, who is down on her luck...Mal proposes the idea of being in a fake relationship with him. Weathering the highs and lows of this whirlwind relationship taxes bot
Mo
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I really don't remember Mal from Book 1. I did like Book 1, cannot really remember it but I gave it 4 stars.

Mal came across as childish, spoiled, truculent, manic, OTT. Halfway through I sort of said, c'mon, Maura, give him a shot! But, naw, I couldn't really like him

I thought Ann was a bit of a doormat. Woman, grow a backbone!

I am being generous giving it three stars. Kinda wondering now if I even want to read about Jimmy.

"You're twenty-seven years old, honey."
"And?"
"Isn't it time to start act
Kellie Maddox-Ward
 photo I_cant_even_tumblr_zps12225b65.gif
Shit… This book… Seriously?
 photo fuckingawesome_zpsd5915c8a.gif

Had the total goldilocks effect on me.
The right amount of Everything!
Happy scenes, sad scenes, drama scenes, hilarious I’m about to pee myself scenes, sexy oh my freaking god where’s BOB scenes, serious scenes and just downright. FUCKING AWESOME SCENES!

I tried to write this review for about an hour and it all just sounded idiotic.. So I’m cheating and showing you how I felt! (Fuck I love GIF’s!)

photo clickfalloff_zps07757c2d.gif

“You think it’s haunted of coitus past?”

photo happyclap_zps2ad6d4f0.gif

“Hello, Anne’s clitoris
Beverly
5 Sexy Mal Stars

Anne Rollins has always done whatever she could to help people she cares about. She quit school to take care of her sister and mother, she covered her roommates half of rent and utilities when she lost her job, and she allows her boss and guy she has been crushing on for two years use her as a back up plan when his actual dates fall through. So when the rockstar she has had a crush on for years asks her to be his girlfriend, there really is one answer…where do I sign up.

Okay, so
Mysza
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 pumpkin stars*

Malcolm! Malcolm! Malcolm!

You're so funny

And so sexy

Oh, and Anna? I like you

Because how can you not like someone so good, sweet and witty. Besides, she's my namesake, it's natural we clicked from the beginnig. Don't even get me started on Mal. I haven't met such lovely character for a while now. He is CAF, adoringly impulsive, funny, sexy, caring and loving boyfriend, but what impressed me the most was his sincerity.
I. Loved. This. Book.
It had no drama, only the good stuff.
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
5 MAL-icious Stars

So I originally thought I was going to rate this 4.5 stars (the ending felt a little rushed and off to me) but, fuck it, Mal deserves a starry sky of awesome.

I can't remember the last time I loved a lead male character so much. His witty loquaciousness had me all like this:

And his hotness factor?

Swoon.

I liked the first one, but this one totally trumped it for me. I hope Jimmy's story is as good as I want it to be. He's all damaged and angtsy, woo woo!
Catarina
4 Rocker Stars!

Anne is Eve’s friend (you surely remember her from the first book) and she is currently through a rough phase and is low on money. One night she goes to a party in Eve’s house and she meets her rocker crush, Mal.
Mal is the drummer of Stage Dive, a true rocker star: bad boy and playboy extraordinaire.

description

Mal’s public image isn’t on his best days, so when suddenly he becomes Anne’s roommate somehow he ends up hiring her to pretend to be his girlfriend and help clean his image. She acce
Jilly
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I am, Malcolm, Lord of the Sex!"

You know, I think this is true. It's rare that someone boasts and is absolutely right, but I think in this case...

Chuck Norris can spot awesomeness. He invented it.

So, we have the drummer, Malcolm, who is a bit of a manwhore. But, he's a funny manwhore which just so happens to be my favorite kind.

"Do I need to know her name?"

"I've heard it helps."

"Maybe for you," Mal scoffed. "I just call out my own name during sex."

He meets Anne, who is financially screwed b
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4--PLAY-ful--Stars!!

I actually ended up liking this one a lot more than I thought I would. Mal really grew on me. He was funny and quirky and so sweet.

The humor was just shy of being OTT.

I'm not a huge fan of this storyline....the relationship built on lies of sort. Pretending to be boyfriend/girlfriend knowing one or both parties will start to have more feelings.

Anne needs money. Her roomate bailed on her, took her furniture and left her broke and desperate. She meets Mal at a Stage Dive par
Karen
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!!!!!!!
[image error]  photo fab51e757745eb01fb408073b14bc328.jpg

Kylie Scott has done it again!!!! I just LOVE these books!!! And I love the name of the band… STAGE DIVE… because that is exactly what it feels like falling for it’s fabulously flawed, talented, and gorgeous band members!!!!

[image error]  photo 2aa22bf223196793b825a908710f323d.jpg

This one, Play, features Malcolm Ericson, the band’s drummer…life of the party…Nordic god… enigmatic man-whore. I haven’t quite come up with the right word to describe him yet. But he is definitely one of the most unique characters
Books like this 7 187 Jan 15, 2017 08:53PM
Does anyone know 21 352 Apr 07, 2015 08:08AM
Goodreads Giveawa...: Recommend? 2 20 Sep 09, 2014 01:07PM
Goodreads Giveawa...: Ending 2 31 Sep 09, 2014 01:07PM
Goodreads Giveawa...: Plot 1 13 Sep 08, 2014 05:02AM
Goodreads Giveawa...: Did you enjoy the book? 1 12 Sep 08, 2014 05:00AM
The Temptation Se...: Stage Dive: Lick, Play, Lead & Deep 4 20 Aug 19, 2014 06:16PM
  • Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4)
  • Riot (Mayhem, #2)
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)
  • The Rockers' Babies (The Rocker, #6)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • Passionate Addiction (Reckless Beat, #2)
  • Louder Than Love (Love & Steel, #1)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Bad Day (Hard Rock Roots, #4)
  • Willing Captive
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans, #3)
  • Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)
  • Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss, #1.5)
  • Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder, #2)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
  • Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2)
  • Rock My World (Black Falcon, #2.5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.

Stage Dive (4 books)
  • Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)
“We’ve broken my bed,” I said, stating the obvious.
“In battle, sacrifices must be made, pumpkin.”
152 likes
“Hello, Anne’s clitoris. It’s me, Malcolm, your lord and master.”

“Oh, god, no.” I covered my face with my hands. “Please don’t.”

“Shh. This is a private conversation.” He brushed hot, feverish kisses up and down the lips of my sex. My stomach tensed so hard it hurt. “Look at you all pretty, pink, and excited. Don’t worry, I’ll look after you.”
127 likes