Start by marking “Lost Girl (Hidden, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Girl (Hidden, #1)

Lost Girl

(Hidden #1)

Molly Brooks is a telepathic vigilante with a few secrets and a mysterious past. Determined to make something of her bizarre powers, she devotes herself to saving those who need her most. One night, she's followed by a powerful being in a pickup truck, and her world will never be the same. Finding herself thrust into a world full of supernatural beings she could have only ...more
Published November 30th 2013 by Building Block Studios, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Lost Girl, please sign up.
chucklesthescot I don't think there is any relation between the two. The title Lost Girl refers to the fact that she hunts for missing girls. I haven't seen the TV…moreI don't think there is any relation between the two. The title Lost Girl refers to the fact that she hunts for missing girls. I haven't seen the TV series though but in it the mc is a succubus who can kill people.(less)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: 3.5

Maybe.

I think.

Not sure.

Dunno.

Could be much lower.

Could be much higher.

Could have been a DNF. But wasn't.

Could have been an OMG-this-is-amazing-I'm-in-love read. But wasn't.

►► Confused? Me? Naaaahhh.

So. How do you rate a potentially awesome book that went from, well, potential awesomeness, to uh-oh-I-don't-like-where-this-is-going, then to oh-damn-I-can't-believe-you-did-this-Colleen-Vanderlinden-you-are-so-dead, and finally to okay-now-I-get-that-you-did-this-so-you-could-do-t
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

You know how some MCs are seriously badass, but others are trying so hard to be badass that they come across like one of those girls from high school who smoked in the bathroom?

Molly Brooks is one of those . . .

Our story opens with Molly stomping across a college campus to check for reports of missing girls while looking down her nose at the people surrounding her and their fake problems.

Molly can hear their thoughts, you see, and apparently all the standard co-ed has on
Dianne
What a read! What a ride! What a heroine! Molly is a telepathic vigilante, doing her part to make Detroit’s streets safe. But, surprise, she discovers she is much more, or should I say she discovers WHY she is so much more! This dark loner will find that she is not alone with her unusual talents and just maybe she should learn to be a team player, especially when a hot demon proves she can be bested in more ways than one.

LOST GIRL by Colleen Vanderlinden has attitude, great dialogue, and charact
Wyrdness
2.5 stars.

This is an odd one for me to rate. There was a lot I liked in it, but at the same time there was a lot that frustrated me and I honestly can't tell if I ultimately enjoyed reading it.

I liked the beginning where Molly was rescuing lost girls and dealing with the fact she wasn't entirely normal but was trying to live a mostly ordinary life. We learnt a little about why she felt driven to do what she did and she came across as an interesting if slightly damaged individual.

Then she meets N
Angela
Feb 11, 2015 marked it as tbr-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
18 December 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle

1 December 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
31 July 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
11 February 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle

I almost didn't one-click this - even at free - because of the (beginning of) Jessica's review. But then I kept reading and she convinced me to give it a try!
Sláinte Wanderlust
A really interesting story with a lot of kickass moments. I like Molly bunches and loved her awesome powers. The ending is a real kick in the teeth - I am still smarting from it.
Onwards and upwards, book two here I come.
Ambrosia
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
The premise is interesting, but there isn't enough character or world development. It's almost all action. For example, (view spoiler). Even when characters face challenges, we're told how they feel rather than shown. It feels very beginner. I can't quite describe the issue, but I'm reminded of the children's books that went "This is Jane. This is Dick. This is Spot. See Spot run. See Dick and Jane run." I w ...more
Kristal & Charmaine
Full Review now posted <3 www.onceuponabookblog.squarespace.com...

Find us on Facebook <3 https://www.facebook.com/onceuponaboo...

This book was a fast paced, action packed, thoroughly entertaining ride of a story... From the very start I was intrigued and it didn't let up... Not for one minute. It's a fine line to walk to write a story that is all of these things without seeming rushed, but the author achieved a story that was to the point without giving me whiplash. Being the first bo
ᑭIᑭEᖇ⒤ᗩᗰ
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf-series
I absolutely loved this book, I'm hoping the next book is as good as this one. So many series drop the ball in the second book. It's also becoming so hard to find an ongoing UF series where the heroine doesn't have a STUPID love triangle and I'm hoping hard this doesn't turn out to have one. Why can't authors take a page from Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson or Charlie Davidson and realize serial couples can still be exciting, sexy and entertaining without the filler of a love triangle! If your a go ...more
Becky
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, arc
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Molly finds lost girls. She has telepathic powers which she uses to take out her aggression on the evil men who kidnap girls in the Detroit area. One night she is followed by a mysterious truck and meets Nain where life as she knows it changes. She is no longer alone in the world, there are all sorts of different types of people out there.

She is lured in with the promise of being able to control her powers and never bargains fo
JENNIFER
This is a very good story. It's full of action. I really enjoyed reading this book. This is the first time I have ever read about a mindslayer so that was cool. I love the slight love triangle and all the monsters and imps and fairies and demons and puppetmasters and then the reason for the book, the lost girls. This book is packed with things happening so you will never be bored. The story moves great. Check it out. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Marsha
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Urban Fantasy Lovers
"Lost Girl" is the first book I've read by author Colleen Vanderlinden and I must say she is an author of few words (218 pages), concise; yet, strangely manages to tell an interesting story without leaving anything out. No, there us not a lot of world building or extensive characterizations but you don't feel cheated in the least. What you are left with is a fast paced rollercoaster ride.

Molly works a non-non-descript 9 to 5 job during the day, owns an old black Baracuda and a house in a depress
Kadi
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Meh.
Couldn't really connect to characters and didn't care to. Too boring. Might have been the narrator, not too bad a job, but she sounded lifeless, and SLOW. Only place I laughed was when she affected a posh British accent for the vampire, and I think the vampire wasn't even English.

Anyway, MC was abused in her teens and has a complex about it. She now goes around saving "lost girls", be they girls or women, who have been reported missing. Her weird superpowers help her. Some times she seems re
Dr susan
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favorites, read-again
Colleen Vanderlinden had a giveaway on her Facebook page and gave me an ebook of Lost Girl. I love that authors are real people and so generous. I will give an unbiased review when I read Lost Girl.

I am waiting to read Lost Girl until my budget allows me to buy all the books in the series...because I know I will have to...

Lost Girl has been labelled an urban fantasy, but I think there should be a category for urban fantasy that reads like a comic book. Lost Girl is set in an alternate current De
Alexandra G.
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4 stars

Oh my God! It was freaking amazing!

I had my reservations about this book because I've read a few reviews and it didn't seem like much, but holy hell !
I've heard people complain about the insta-love in this book. But it didn't seem that way to me.
For me, insta-love is that moment when the characters meet, feel a strong "connection", can't stop thinking and bitching about one another and they declare their eternal love for each other in a week.
There was no such a thing in this book. When
Helena Karlsson
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Day-time Molly Brooks goes to her boring office job but night-time she turns into a superhero vigilante, who finds missing girls and women. Detroit, a city in decay, is not only populated by evil humans who cause each other harm but also a whole underworld of vampires, witches and demons, and Molly’s special powers turn out to be much more than normal superhero stuff.

This is a compelling read – fast paced and witty - with a main character who is so right in today’s climate where women are as far
Lisa
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. At first I thought it was a slow start and was not sure I liked where it was going and if it was going to be predictable. I ended up really liking the characters and finishing it in one sitting. I like the writing style and the level of detail however I am hoping in the next book to understand more of this "hidden" world. I think more of the main characters pasts could have been exposed to add more depth but perhaps that is coming in the next book.
Retta
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! So good this was so unexpected!! I was in deep need for a reading fix as I was going thru desperate withdrawal, so when I started this book I thought it would just take my edge off and it did so much more now I am invested in this series so excited.... On to book 2 hopefully it is out and I can cont to fix my reading cravings on this series and it is on Kindle Unlimited
Rachel Scott
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This is an amazing book and I'm purchasing the second one right now. It was a little slow to start, then I became addicted. This book has some interesting characters, not to mention a mindflayer. How awesome is that? Five solid stars and high hopes for book two!
Dena
I want to say this was predictable but it wasn't. I was totally caught off guard. I felt the anguish, pain and betrayal. Bael was totally mean about the way he did things and leaving her out of the loop. I wanted so bad for them to get together. This is definitely a series I am loving.
Megan
As someone in the reviews said before this could have been AMAZING. It just fell short.

I'm going to literally reiterate what they said in their review because I felt exactly the same. This book starts so damn strong, its so interesting her powers, her saving people. Of course the author has to develop her we have to have a character journey. Her journey just didn't get to the point I wanted for her.

This girl could have been such a strong female lead in what is a YA book, you don't get enough of
Sabrina
DISCLAIMER: I like to support indie authors, so this rating is higher than what it would have been if this book came from a publisher.

That being said, I liked the concept.
Sure, the whole “there’s a new super-supernatural chick in town” is nothing new, and also the whole “oh my, I don’t know what I am, I’m so much more than anyone else” is a tad stale.
But the heroine is a telepath and she can mind-control people: that’s original enough to keep my attention.

I liked that she’s not conceited about h
Pamela Love
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No a bad story. I enjoyed it a lot and loved that the author is from Detroit! I myself am from MI and spent my childhood 45 mins outside the area. The book was an easy read and enjoyable. Things moved at a very fast pace. Left you wondering if there would be more surprises because so many got thrown at you so quickly. Maybe I'll work on reading the series another time. So many books, so little time.
Leanne Crabtree
It had promise but in the end I didn't care enough about the characters or the storyline. I didn't cry at the end when everything went past shaped, like I would have if I'd fallen for the characters.

It also seemed like chunks of time just vanished between one paragraph and the next, which was a little confusing. It needed page breaks or something.

And finally the romance. I didn't fully get it. Yeah, it would probably have been Nain for me too, Molly, but there was something missing.
Lisa Steffen
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the book. Do not do the audible version, the narrator is dreadful and does a complete disservice to Colleen Vanderlinden's writing and story telling with her slurring and mispronunciations. This series was a delightful read.
Denise Fisher
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whole new look at supes. Very interesting. I could not put it down.

I'm glad there's more books in the series to experience. Try this you'll like it ! The characters are great and you'll want to get to know them. Lot's of action!
Brian Davis
Intriguing

The writer takes an intriguing concept for an alternate world and people's it with interesting characters. The pace is fast, and the ending wraps up the story while leaving an opening for more.
Cherokee Burns
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing page turner

I first read this book years ago. I waited for book 2 but life got busy. I spent three months searching for it before i found it again. I love it just as much as before and the end killed me all over. On to book 2!
Debbie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well-written, but really not sure about the ending.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hidden Trump (Bite Back, #2)
  • Snake Charmer (Shifter Squad #6)
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Blood and Bite (Rune Alexander, #2)
  • The Severed Thread (Abigail Lassiter, #1)
  • All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries, #4.5)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell #1)
  • Child of Mercy (The Fallen, #4)
  • Wrath and Bones (The Marnie Baranuik Files #4)
  • Djinn (Djinn, #1)
  • Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Runaway Mortal (Runaway Mortal, #1)
  • The Healer's Legacy
  • I am Midnight (Warriors of Ankh, #1-3)
  • Fang Me (Demon Underground, #3)
  • Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1)
Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of the Hidden and Hidden: Soulhunter urban fantasy series, as well as the Copper Falls paranormal romance series.

The her novels Home, Nether, and Godkiller have all been finalists for RT Book Reviews’ Reviewers Choice Awards for best self-published urban fantasy novel. Her books have consistently received positive reviews, and RT Book Reviews has called her stor

Hidden (5 books)