Start by marking “So Irresistible” as Want to Read:
So Irresistible

So Irresistible

A hard-headed, hard-bodied businessman falls for the gorgeous restaurateur he's been hired to ruin in USA Today bestselling author Lisa Plumley's unforgettable new novel.
Published December 3rd 2013 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about So Irresistible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Irresistible

Start your review of So Irresistible
Jess
Dec 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 60% - I can't take the hero. He's been lying to the heroine, Gabby, from the start (working undercover to get dirt on her family's restaurant so his father's company and client can swoop in and take them over) while falling in love with her. They both declare their feelings for each other, hero seems to want to make some changes in his life yet he's still stealing and being deceitful to Gabby and putting her family's chain of restaurants at risk.

I can't take the lying, mixed in with the
Tiffany
I recieved this advance copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review

This story follows Shane, a bad-boy businessman, and Gabby, a stubborn, pizzaria owner, while they navigate a complicated relationship in downtown Portland. First off, I want to commend the author on her accurate description of downtown Portland. She managed to capture the offbeat, quirky vibe of Portland, as well as its warmth and friendliness. Throwing in the small details, such as drinking Black Butte Porter
Oct 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was pretty happy when I finally finished reading this ridiculously cheesy story. Shane is such a whiner that I almost quit a few times.
Kathy
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So Irresistible is a sizzling hot romance by Lisa Plumley that is fun, flirty and just a tiny bit suspenseful.

When Gabriella (Gabby) Grimani and Shane Maresca meet at a local brewpub, they have both stepped out of their usual comfort zones. They uncharacteristically indulge in a very steamy one night stand and when they find themselves unexpectedly working together at Gabby's family pizzeria, they agree to keep their relationship purely professional. Their attraction proves to be irresistible
Margreet Asselbergs

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐

Gabriella Grimani grew up steeped in Italian tradition, which included her family owned pizzeria chain in Portland that was passed down through generations of pizzaiolos. After a brief falling out with her father over visions for the pizzeria's future, Gabby has returned to attempt to rescue the family business from a forced corporate buy-out, but in order to do that, she will have to make sure to get the creditors of their backs. And
Emsy Van Wyck
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-at-fff
Lisa Plumley's So Irresistible mixes together pizza with HOT & steamy romance for a sexy & fun romance

Portland, Oregon must be hipster heaven. I've always wanted to visit and Lisa Plumley in her new novel, So Irresistible, gives the reader a perfect taste of this quirky and fun Northwest city.

I really enjoyed So Irresistible once I became familiar with the author's pace. Sometimes I wished that there was a bit more sense of the pizzeria that Gabby (Gabriella) is trying to save from the
Julie Barrett
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
So Irresistible by Lisa Plumley
I have read some of the author's other works and enjoyed them so was happy to learn of her new one.
This one starts out with Gabriella who's returned from her coffeehouse where she is able to select the food she wants to make and serve.
She's back in the family fold again because they are in dire straits-they need her to save what is left of the family pizzerias. There's only one left out of a handful.
She's having a hard time keeping workers and she blows off steam
Nancy
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
**ARC received from NetGalley via Lisa Plumley/Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review**

This book starts out a little slow, but once it gets going I could not put it down. Gabriella had moved away after having a disagreement with her father about changing and updating the family's pizza restaurants. She moves back home to Portland, after her father gets sick due to a attempted takeover from a bigger company. With only one of the pizzerias left open Gabby is working hard to get
Zarith dol
ARC received from Netgalley

We have Gabby an independent woman from a traditional family and Shane, street smart hero in not so emotionally friendly family. A night stand between Gabby and Shane, spark the light as they are so called competitors in pizza restaurant (Gabby the owner and Shane the potential buyer). Shane hid his identity as a fixer (hire by his adopted father) in order to buy the restaurant from under her nose through working in the restaurant. One by one misfortune befall to the
Sandhya
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So Irresistible was not so irresistible for me. But i read it till the end! I had really liked the premise of the book - lots of cooking as i'm a food person. My problem was with the main character especially male lead - Shane. I couldn't like his character at all as he was lying to the heroine, Gabby from the start working undercover to get dirt on Gabby's restaurant so that he can organize a takeover. Even though Shane redeemed himself, i don't know how the heroine could forgive him! The whole ...more
Just - The romance reader
I've read several Lisa Plumley books in the past and really enjoyed them. I wanted to like this book and was really looking forward to reading it. I think it has a lot of potential, but it just didn't grab me. The beginning seemed to start off very slow for me. As crazy as it may sound, I think there were too many details in the beginning. Maybe not even details so much as mundane little events that seemed to bog things down for me. Had the story started off with a little less inconsequential ...more
Kimberly
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

Something was just off with this book for me. I had a hard time with the characters in the beginning even though I did eventually warm up to them. The story is a bit interesting even though it is pretty common. The writing seemed a bit off too so I had a hard time with it.

I have only read a couple of books by Plumley and I can say this was not one of my favorites. The story was so slow at least in the beginning that I found it hard to keep reading it.

Janet

This light romance from Ms Plumley features a bad boy hero that I just didn't find as compelling as usual. Her characters as a whole were well drawn and interesting, but I just didn't connect to the hero. I would have liked his "reform" to occur faster and sooner. The pacing stared out a bit uneven, but the book evened out around the 1/3 point and I found the story well plotted and enthralling from that point on.
I would read more from Ms Plumley, she writes with humor and detail.
*I received my
Lyn
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Little Spicy
Another good read from Ms. Plumly. After a slow and steady start the book picks up the pace and you wont want to stop reading. A little spicy with great chemistry between the characters. Interesting twists along the way keep you turning the pages. Enjoy! NetGalley and Kensington Books/Zebra provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Elliebit
3.5
Would have been a three, but the well executed evolution of Shane and his poignant sob story of starving for love struck a cord. Had it been written shoddily,I would have scoffed and moved on, but his arc was believable and lovely and hopeful. So. 3.5.
Brandy
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book! Shane went about his life as he were a robot. No real feelings until he met Gabby. Lots of sabotage and corporate espionage and they still managed to fall in love.

Great READ!
Danielle
It was okay. It had some good points but overall it was very slow.
Hannah
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pains me to say thus but I just couldn't get into this book. I finished it because I am a huge fan of Lisa Plumley but definitely not my favorite book by her.
Ann (Noumena12)
An entertaining read.
Joy
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this, a little more than I thought I would! It was cute (cheesy at moments), and the ending was sweet (also a little too sweet, honestly). I loved the recipes at the end.
Julie Alvarez
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The love that developed between Shane and Gabby was so endearing. I would love to have a man take care and protect me like Shane did with Gabby. Very written book.
Maraea
Aug 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
took me a long time. they had no flow. they loved then it's like they totally forgot what just transpired between them I kept thinking I'd missed parts. it was weird
Amanda
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC from NetGalley

This was a good book overall, It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did I couldn't put it down. It was funny and had some interesting parts to the book.
Amy
Aug 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Love and Other Words
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Debris Line (Gibson Vaughn, #4)
  • Cop Town
  • The Oracle Glass
  • The Shark (The Forgotten Files, #1)
  • Night School (Jack Reacher #21)
  • The Dirty Book Club
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
  • World of the Queen's Thief Collection: The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia, A Conspiracy of Kings, Thick as Thieves
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
  • Faceoff
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The Vanishing Season (The Collector, #4)
  • City of Thieves
  • The Chestnut Man
  • The Survivor
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth