Start by marking “Women Who Love Sex: Ordinary Women Describe Their Paths to Pleasure, Intimacy, and Ecstasy” as Want to Read:

In this revolutionary book, noted psychotherapist Gina Ogden brings together women who love sex to talk intimately and frankly about what gives them the greatest pleasure. The result is a redefinition of sex, expressed in a language every woman will understand.
Published August 27th 2012 by Trumpeter (first published May 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Women Who Love Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women Who Love Sex

Britta Stumpp
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was interesting in the sense that the author pointed out through her years of education to become a sex therapist that nearly all studies surrounding human sexuality are built on the basis of male norms. Most of the studies have been conducted by men and what has been deemed sexuality abnormalities are according to male standards. Therefore, when a woman is classified as having a sexual "problem" it has been almost exclusively looked at from the point of view that failure to be aroused ...more
Marilyn
Jan 21, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading the 2007 Edition, which is called "Women Who Love Sex: Ordinary Women Describe Their Paths to Pleasure, Intimacy & Ecstacy" and is described as:

"Wonderful sex does more than melt both body and soul; it brings power, energy, and deep satisfaction to all aspects of our lives. In this unique book, women who consider themselves highly sexually responsive talk in intimate detail about what gives them the greatest pleasure. They redefine sex—based on how women really experi
Amy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The author angered me when she referred to those of us women who live within heterosexual relationships as being "victims of invasive penetration." (This statement was made in either chapter 4 or 5). I don't consider any woman who is in a loving relationship with her male partner as a "victim". This is just as inconsiderate and inaccurate a view of a heterosexual females as the claim that lesbians are lesbians because they were sexually molested by men as children.
Liaken
I'm glad Gina Ogden wrote this book. It has a lot of good in it. She mostly doesn't sensationalize, but I did get irritated at how "wise" each of the women she talked about were. She presented them as sort of "beyond the rest of us." I don't think this was her intent; I think she was trying instead to give women and their experiences some validation, but sometimes it grated on me.
Ashley Howard
Feb 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I loved this book!
If you are female I highly recommend!!!
Bonita Rose
Dec 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another good book that I found out about after reading an online article.. wanna read this one too!
Lisa
Sep 03, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sex-and-womens
Interesting topic, boring writer.
Martha
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading the book, I did not want to put it down. It is beautifully and succinctly written by a woman who has had to deal with her own inner ‘ghosts’ and discomforts with sexuality, who has sat with countless numbers of women, from the 1970s up to the early ’90s to understand their perspective, and who has and is leading the way for the many others to follow.

I was so engrossed with the book that I took it everywhere with me, even on the subway. Consequently, I received
David Roberts
Jun 09, 2010
Skalli
Aug 06, 2013
Molly Octopus
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2010