Start by marking “The Aliomenti Saga Box Set (Books 1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Aliomenti Saga Box Set (Books 1-3)

The Aliomenti Saga Box Set

(The Aliomenti Saga #1-3)

Three full-length novels!

A sprawling tale blending science fiction, high technology, and fantasy,The Aliomenti Saga traces the rise and proliferation of a secret group of supernaturally gifted men and womenthrough the life of their most dynamic member, Will Stark.

A QUESTION OF WILL (Book1)
Will Stark is a phenomenally successful businessman, happily married, with
Published November 15th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Aliomenti Saga Box Set, please sign up.
Patricia Filen I read first couple of pages and could not hold my attention so i stopped reading...i will not likely read the rest…moreI read first couple of pages and could not hold my attention so i stopped reading...i will not likely read the rest (less)

Start your review of The Aliomenti Saga Box Set (Books 1-3)
Rud
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-interested
I thought the first part of this 3 book set was interesting. It dealt with the possibly innate abilities of the human being. In that context, I am willing to suspend belief and buy into almost any talents.

However, as the series progressed, it began to get into technology that I just couldn't buy in to. Our hero desalinated sea water by passing through a simple sand filter? He develops a submarine that "burns salt" as its fuel?

I could even buy into a time travel. That's a common fantasy we all
Kristen
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Will Stark is a successful entrepreneur in the 21st century who gets thrown into a fantastical adventure when his wife and son are attacked, his house is set on fire, and then he gets accosted and beaten by mysterious men who think he's some high-falutin' mastermind of some whole faction of a weird cult that punishes you for getting married to a human and wants to kill you for having children.

I'm down with the story. Science fiction, nanotechnology, time travel. Five stars for that.
The
Coco.V
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/3/2018)! ...more
Mary Burke
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I thought the premise was intriguing and was drawn in right away. Although, at times, the writing felt adolescent, it was generally well written. Book one was good, with a few twists that I did not see coming.
However, it fell apart from there. There was a lot of repetition. When writing sequels it is necessary to provide a synopsis of the story so far, but I am referring to the repetition of facts presented 2 or 3 pages earlier. This happens multiple times. Books 2 and 3 are OK if you are
Hayley
Apr 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
You may enjoy the first book if you have an attention span of 10 pages or so and need to be constantly reminded of what you've already read. You may enjoy this series if you like two-dimensional characters who seemingly have the ability to precisely divine the intentions of everyone else, no matter how nonsensical their motivations may be. And you may enjoy the later books if you've done as little research on medieval England as the author has (go ahead and take a look at some manuscripts in Old ...more
Ron E
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome books!

This story will keep your attention from start to finish. I am not sure that I would be able to be as strong as Will & Hope had to be.
Arnaud
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Was all right, but lengthy at times
Amber M. McCarter
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope
Tediously written. This could have been a great story, but the writing is so painfully terrible that I only finished this set because... well, because I had them. And I started it. So I finished it. I declined to read any more beyond these, even though I had already invested three books' worth of my attention, because I couldn't bare the thought of wading through another sentence. The plot is very intriguing, but the author TELLS you EVERYTHING. Nothing is left to inference or imagination - ...more
Linda CAruthers
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great start but stalls out

This book started with an interesting premise. Book one was almost all foundation material but a decent read. Book two moved the story line along at a great pace. Then came book three. It sank like a stone. The book goes into much boring detail about builds with out needing to. I ended up scanning through pages looking for action, reading the new info then scanning another 20 pages. After book two i was sure I would want to buy the whole series. Now, I won't.
Scott Sammons
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Plodding and predictable, needs real reconstruction to be even very good.

The super powerful characters in this book lack depth, the villainous secret society is found wanting in plausibility, the poor research or no research on historical secret societies, technological innovations and lost civilizations, prevents suspension of disbelief. This probably should be a two star review, but the actual writing is not awful, some of the dialogues flow nicely, and I may have read more of the series but
Chandra Clines
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
So part one was amazing seriously five stars one of the best books ever. Part two was good but slowed down a bit a solid four stars. But part three was terrible. I only finished out of a sense of loyalty for part One. Why would anyone want to read pages describing construction projects and brainstorming???? It was soooooooo bad.
Jon Grafton
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, this was a fantastic trilogy. I almost exclusively read indie sci-fi author's free offerings, and sadly, most of them I put down in the first 30 pages due to poor writing. That is most certainly not the case with the Aliomenti Saga. These books center around a group of powered people, channeling energy to do everything from set things spontaneously aflame, to teleportation, telepathy and to other vast powers - like flight and outer body experiences. The protagonist is an amnesiac, and ...more
Robert Humphrey
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read but needs a tech edit, too much redundancy

This is a great read!

However chapters tend to repeat things from previous chapters. Also I kept having to go back to reread things that had happened in previous 1 or 2 pages because the same thing that had already happened was happening again but with a different outcome. (for example: Adam returns to village and finds out two of the women he wants to see are dead, then he walks out with Will and Will tells him that they are not dead because
Charles
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall I liked the books. Until the 3rd book I felt the characters and the story progressed nicely. Most of the elements were reasonably developed and believable. I was disappointed in the last book because I felt that the plot line bogged down in descriptions of processes not really necessary to the plot. I almost felt the author was inserting "filler" to stretch out the story. And worse the details really did not explain what was going on. The biggest example is the extensive space devoted to ...more
Bob Brennan
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This book set was free on Amazon, so I tend to review from that perspective. In the end, it does indeed get clunky, with the main character having beyond god-like powers and then having to go thru almost ridiculous plots twists to get back to the pre-ordained history.
But somehow, I still found it compelling and interesting reading. Somewhere in there, there is a good plot and some great characters and original ideas. Perhaps dragging it out into so many books (as seems to be the norm in the
Debi Donnelly
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read and directions on survival

I really became involved in the plight of Will Stark as he moves from one challenge to another and from one time to another. However, the constant processes of building and it's details, even though interesting, interfered with the flow of ongoing story lines. I would have liked to hear more about Hope and her trials rather than learn step by step how to make a town out of cement. I am anxious to learn more about their relationships in the future. I think
Sumanda Maritz
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just WOW!

I got this as a free ebook download of the first three books in a series. And then you think to yourself, well obviously the author isn’t very sure of his brainchild if he offers the first 3 books for free. Let me tell you something, this author is so sure that you will want to read everything he has written that he can give away the first 3 books in his series free, because at the end he knows that you will never walk away from what happens to Will and Hope.
I have to know what
Musings of a Middle-aged Mum
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was talking to a friend yesterday about what books I have read recently that I couldn't put down. Instantly my mind came to The Aliomenti Saga by Alex Albrinck, Author.
It is described on Amazon as "A sprawling blend of science fiction, high technology, and fantasy, The Aliomenti Saga traces the rise and proliferation of a secret group of supernaturally gifted men and women through the life of their most dynamic member, Will Stark." and is full of twists and turns that kept you engaged
Travis
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon
I like time travel stories, especially when the characters themselves aren't aware of it. This was not what I expected from the start, but the story was handled well, especially when characters were forced to go against their own instincts to preserve the timeline. It makes for very thought provoking reading. Books that make one think should be on everyone's reading list. This book won't appeal to everyone, but if you like time stories, and tails that make characters examine their stance on life ...more
Lyndsey Gollogly
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a good read

When I first started this series I was a little confused. Is it sci fi ? Is it magic? Turns out it's a bit of. Both. I'm still a bit confused 3 books in but the series is hard to put down. Wills constant battle to save Hope and his children draws you in as well as him building up the Alominati. This book has him leaving them and sailing off with Hope I'm looking forward to reading what comes next for them both.
Mike
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hey truly ingenious Twist on time travel and inhuman abilities

Books one and two were truly ingenious. The ideas released in those two volumes were a very interesting twist on many fantasy type subjects. Book 3 seem to be setting the tone for the rest of the series I hope because it was extremely wordy and drawn-out. After book 3 I am hesitating to continue with the series.
Rebel
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Weave of Present to Past and Back Again!

The collection was great. Unfortunately there were missing pages and errors in the digital copy of the three books. I hope to get the 4th one soon and let's hope the digital copy has been proofed before the publisher's put it up for sell.
Andy
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story and the main character, Will and his journey through history. It didn’t feel like a common sci-fi book though with much of the trilogy talking about how a thousand year old Will reinvents basic things like aqueducts and geared water wheels but, it was a good ride and written well to deal with such a long time span and making it so easy to read.
Victoria Gilliland
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring and illuminating

I have never read a series such as this. It is totally different than everything else out there and I enjoyed reading the first three, and I no doubt will enjoy the rest just as much. The amount if detail the author puts into the books is incredible. Very well done!
Jean
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super

If I could give it ten's i feel it deserves it. You start with a bang and keep going. Super story and enjoyed every minute and Can't wait for book four. Explosive,Awe inspiring and WOW a don't want to miss time travel. This was one of the most amazing reads that I've come across.
Linda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Saga of a man sent back in time to save his future wife and how he works to use his "energy" to change people and their abilities, thus influencing history. Since this is the first 3 books in an 8-book series, the story doesn't end. The author often repeats things, making the reading somewhat tedious.
Ricky Kimsey
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First Three Volumes

This is a box set of the first three volumes of the Aliomenti Saga which,so far, is up to eight volumes. These first three focus on William a man who violates the oath of Aliomenti.
There is much time travel involved that gives a fanciful explanation on how the human race advanced technologically.
Nicky Marriott
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent series - 1-3 only so far.

Thought this an excellent series of imagination, but agree with those frustrated comments from others, too much repetition and actually violent. So do be careful if you're sensitive or young.
Barbara Schwarz
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best story ever!

I've read many many books over my lifetime and this is one of the very best ever. Great story, great details, great characters. I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy, scifi, tech and history. Great story!
Julie Rice
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Imaginative time travel

Well-written and fairly fast-paced time travel novel with interesting concept of fabled Illuminati-like group. The storyline and characters are well-developed and the plot has good moments of excitement
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Anti Life (Anti Life #1)
  • The 28th Gate: Volume 1
  • Starshine (Aurora Rising #1; Amaranthe #1)
  • Interest (Final State #1)
  • Sophistication
  • Archangel Down (Archangel Project, #1)
  • Mistress of Masks (Catalysts of Chaos #1)
  • Transmission (The Invasion Chronicles, #1)
  • Prototype D (Prototype D #1)
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fuller's Apprentice (The Chronicles of Tevenar, #1)
  • The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3
  • Daybreak
  • Breaking Gravity
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Another Stupid Spell (Another Stupid Trilogy #1)
  • Emergence (Dark Tide #1)
  • HADRON Dark Matter (HADRON, #1)
I am a lifelong Ohio resident, where I live with my wife and three children. When I'm not trying to be in three places at once with my active youngsters, I'm following local professional and collegiate sports teams, or possibly unscrambling a Rubik's Cube. In lieu of sleep, I read and write fiction.

My debut novel, A QUESTION OF WILL, explores themes of technological advancement, human potential

The Aliomenti Saga (7 books)
  • A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #1)
  • Preserving Hope (The Aliomenti Saga, #2)
  • Ascent of the Aliomenti (The Aliomenti Saga #3)
  • Birth of the Alliance (The Aliomenti Saga, #4)
  • Preserving Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #5)
  • Stark Cataclysm (The Aliomenti Saga, #6)
  • Convergence (The Aliomenti Saga, #7)
“Besides, I have my mission to complete, and” 2 likes