Start by marking “A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul: 101 More Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Large Print)” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,523 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
The runaway bestseller "Chicken Soup for the Soul" captured the imagination of millions of readers with its uplifting message of hope and inspiration. With a nation still hungering for more good news, Canfield and Hansen went back to work and cooked up another batch of life-affirming stories to warm your heart and soothe your soul.Through the experiences of others, readers ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 446 pages
Published April 1st 1996 by Health Communications (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul

Jaci
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: motivacional
Me gustan los libros motivacionales, así que este no iba a ser la excepción, pero realmente no me gustó.
Hubo historias que sí me gustaron, pero otras simplemente me aburrieron. Supongo que estas reflexiones fueron hechas para personas con más edad, así que no me sentí tan a gusto con la lectura.
Pero estoy convencida de leer Sopa de pollo para el alma adolescente, lo veo más adecuado para mí.

Jen • Just One More Page

This review is also posted on my blog.

(view spoiler)
Abrar Alkhalifah
طبق لذيذ من المتعه والالهام❤ ...more
Diana
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite quotes in the book by Oscar Wilde is, "I have many flowers." he said, "but the children are the most beautiful flowers of all." Pastor John R. Ramsey shares a touching short story you will not forget. Then there's Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck that will sure to make you cry! Les Brown wrote an amazing story on "What Goes around Comes around" that I thoroughly enjoyed knowing about. You'll laugh aloud after reading Jack Canfield's short snippet on "Discouraged?" ...more
Claudio Valverde
Una edulcorada visión de distintos aspectos de la vida. Agradable para leer pero la verdad no recuerdo que me haya aportado nada interesante. Probablemente dentro de este tipo de libros sea valioso porque está bien escrito pero no es el tipo de libros que despiertan mi interes. A los que les atrae la temática creo que les va a gustar.
Janice
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 04-owned-books
I Love the stories in this book. I suffer depression and this book has brought me lots of courage and lifted my spirits many times.
Neelima
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing short stories .... scripted by Indian authors... the experiences they have shared is worth reading and inspiring, nice book
Brenda
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book.
Edith
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are times when you just need these stories. A great collection.
Melissa
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
So if you couldn't tell by the title, this is the 2nd book in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Not that you have to read them in order. Since they're a collection of short stories, you can read whatever book in whatever order you prefer. I do think starting at the beginning is always better though, because in the case of this series, it's when the work is more original and not repeated a thousand times over.

Chicken Soup for the Soul in its second helping is much like the first book in that
Marina
This book is fantastic so far. I amd on the section< "On Dying" and just read the story(forgot the tital) about when the man who was a Marine went to another Marines house to tell the wife of the soldier that he past away. Puting myself in the position of this man really made me think. How would it feel to wake up everyday and think, "I am going to die today."? Then I thought of how difficult it would be to go to people you have never met before and tell them they will never see their father ...more
Alyse 6th Marie
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this book, in my own words i thought the author did fantastic. What i loved most was how the stories in the book ether made me think about things in another way, softened my heart, or just make me laugh.
I would recommend this to anyone. I think that if someone were to read the second series of chicken soup for the soul, I think they will injoy it and be inspired with some of the heartbreaking, funny, heart toughing, and just a story your amazed by type of stories.
That is one of omy fa
Милен Върбанов
At first I gave this book 2.5 stars but I'll just stick with 2 stars because I still feel like I wasn't completely honest with my rating.

While the stories that weren't about god were actually good, I was disappointed by how the majority of them were directed to religious people. I eventually struggled with finishing the book and stopped counting how many times I closed it and put it away because things like "God put me through this to teach me a lesson" and "I dropped to my knees and asked god f
Dolgorsuren
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Хүн чанар гэдэг үг яагаад "хүн" гэдэг үгтэй хамт байдгийг мэдэх үү? Яагаад гэвэл хүн хүн чанараа алдах тэр үед хүн биш болон хувирна гэсэн үг юм. Цаг хугацаа өнгөрөх тусам хүмүүс хүн чанаргүй болж, хүн гэдэг амьтан өөрөө үнэгүйдэх болжээ. Ийм хахир хатуу ертөнцөд итгэл найдвар, гэрэл гэгээ авчирдаг, хүнээ гээгээгүй хүмүүсийн энгийн агаад агуу түүхүүд энд бичигджээ.
Заримдаа амьдралд гомдох, бууж өгмөөр санагдах үе байдаг. Тэр үедээ би үүнийг барьж аваад уншдаг. Сэтгэл маань нэг л өөдрөг, сайхан
Chris
Aug 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book! Many of the stories touched me deeply. I felt that this books stories were not nearly as touching or poignant as the first. There are still some gems to be found between the covers though. The first book spoiled me.
Miranda
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring and thought-provoking. Reading this collection of stories gave me a stronger thirst for life -- to help others, to learn as much as I can during this life, and to improve myself and work on my personal development on a daily basis.
Lord
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all
I read my first "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book when I was in high school about 18 years ago. My friend lent it to me. As I read this book, I could not help but be moved by its stories. To my friend who lent me her book ... thank you from the bottom of my heart.
luciddreamer99
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very inspiring set of stories, poems, and quotes. You will probably tear up a little bit at some of them (or many of them, as I did). I had never read a Chicken Soup book, but if they are all like this one, I will gladly read more.
Ameer
Dec 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was absolutely moved just having read 3 stories from "On Learning" section; And hope started to build up inside me when I read "Overcoming obstacles." This book is a true inspiration. I recommend it with a full 5-star rating.
Lisa
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have been needing to read inspiring books lately and Chicken Soup fits the bill!
Nichole
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the chicken soup series. the stories are always touching and heart warming. some make you cry but still good stories
Keirra
Dec 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great pick me up
Carly
Jul 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chicken Soup. It's always amazing :)
Kimberlyn
Aug 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
short stories of encouragement and perseverance. a lot like reading Reader's Digest
Kbzaveri
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have read this book, amazing stories to keep you going on despite odds.....
Denise
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very moving and touching stories that can change your life.
Ali akh
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
کتاب خیلی خوبی هست تو ایران به عنوان غذای روح چاپ شده به همه توصیه می کنم که بخوننش هر روز یک مقداری ازش کمک می کنه که روح ادم لطیف بمونه
Ananya
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life stories are fantastic... i'm continuing to take inspiration...
Thk
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic heartwarming stories
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Heartwarming stories that just make you feel good.
  • Moral Compass: Stories for a Life's Journey
  • The Dale Carnegie Leadership Mastery Course: How To Challenge Yourself and Others To Greatness
  • Stories for the Heart: Over 100 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • Understanding the Scriptures: A Complete Course on Bible Study
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • Children's Letters to God: The New Collection
  • Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family
  • John Wesley: A Biography
  • Small Miracles of Love & Friendship: Remarkable Coincidences of Warmth and Devotion
  • Instant Karma
  • Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life
  • Mafia Dynasty: The Rise and Fall of the Gambino Crime Family
  • The Courage To Be Catholic: Crisis, Reform And The Future Of The Church
  • Debating Calvinism: Five Points, Two Views
  • How Could You Do That?!: The Abdication of Character, Courage, and Conscience
  • Never Again: Securing America and Restoring Justice
  • Preaching
  • Pelajaran Berharga (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #2)

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...