Start by marking “Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)” as Want to Read:
Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)

Night Unbound

(Immortal Guardians #5)

Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians protect humanity from unspeakable horrors--but their hearts are as fragile as any mortal's. . .

For centuries, Lisette d'Alençon has been a warrior against the dark. She fights alongside her brothers and comrades. But when the dreams start coming, she can't bear to confess them to the Immortal Guardians' command. Dreams of a da
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Zebra

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
 photo loveit_zps61bd798d.gif

First read 9/2014 Reread 2/2019

*Spoilers*

This Book was Awesome!!!!!!! It was Sexy, and Exciting, and funny as hell. I laughed so hard.

"Ah Hell. You mean this wasn't a butt call?" " Booty call, Ethan I believe the term is booty call. Honestly, I'm a hundred and thirty years older than you and from France. How can I be more familiar with American slang than you are? You were born here"

"And you are supposed to be serving as guard. Seven Vampires live across the hallway. What are you going to do if a couple of them have psy
2/2019
Shawna
Big 5 stars - Paranormal Romance

This book! *Sigh*

I’ve been burned out on paranormal romances for a while, but this series has been a very pleasant surprise. I’ve especially enjoyed listening to Kirsten Potter’s fabulous audiobook narration because she gives all the characters distinctive voices and does a great job with the various accents. I’ve liked all the books in the series, but so far, this is my absolute favorite. I loved it!

I loved Zach and Lisette! Lisette is a strong, kickass heroine with inner vul*I’ve
Erika
4.5 stars!

Wow. This was good. There were a couple of things I didn't like but I can't take off more than a half star because there was way more I did like. Zach is the best hero in this series. Love him!!!

Detailed review to come.
Beth
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Night Unbound is a magical journey into the world of the Immortal Guardians...but this time our Immortal Guardian, Lisette, finds herself drawn to a totally new ethereal creature who is extremely deadly.

Night Unbound provides a hot and steamy building romance between a much loved Guardian and sister, Lisette, and an unknown outcast/enemy of the Guardians, Zach. Mistrust is seeded and grows rapidly, threatening the core of the Guardian's family.

Duvall brings past character interaction to a whole new level, making them indeadly.
Night
Liz
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series has been great! I have listened to the entire series using audible! I thought Zach and Lizette were the most intriguing of the couples. I really enjoyed it!

description
Dawn

Not sure how to rate this since I have not read the previous books in the series, so I'm giving it a 3.5.

I would say this can be a stand alone since the author did a pretty good job catching me up on what I missed in the other books, but I still feel like I didn't have a connection to the secondary characters. This I believe stems from not reading the others. So I suppose it's safe to say that it is best to read them in order, but not necessary.

The story over all was good and
CC
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my Zach!!!! Ok he was so very awesome. All the stars in the world for him! Lisette...I did not love her. Never have. But she also seemed to fade out in this story. She just could not hold a candle to Zach and the other characters. The book also dragged a bit. But I could not bring the score down more than 1 star because of Zach. The crap with Ethan was annoying and made me a tiny bit uncomfortable for Zach, but it was so brief for him that I did not dwell.

The overall story line ma
Cyndi
This is my favorite of the series so far!. Zach is an amazing hero! He is so sweet, charming and swoon worthy with Lisette! But he is also a total badass! I loved him! Lisette is a great heroine. She is tough when she needs to be and super sweet to Zach. I also loved how she cared for Seth in this one. I always enjoy seeing all of the other couples and the mystery/suspense storyline is always well written!
AJ
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in the Immortal Guardians series, and whoa, what a ride! I was beyond excited when I learned it was going to be the story of Lisette and Zach, and I am happy to say that this book was everything I wanted it to be.

Lisette is a badass Immortal Guardian. Like others of her kind, she has been infected with the virus that causes vampirism but her advanced DNA instead mutated her into an immortal badass – able to protect the human population from crazy, sadistic, every day va
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads. - 3.5 stars

NIGHT UNBOUND is the first installment in Dianne Duvall’s IMMORTAL GUARDIANS series that revolved around a female character, and although Lisette & Zach’s tale was undoubtedly passionate, it didn’t quite measure up to its male counterparts. Some major questions get answered with regards to the main story arc, and there’s no shortage of action or romance, but I failed to connect with the protagonists which caused the love scenes to lack chemistry. After four
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

I really enjoyed this new addition to the series and loved seeing Lisette and Zach get together. The series is great and I've been anxiously waiting to see how things continue in the overall series storyline and I wasn't disappointed.

Lisette has been an Immortal for around 200 years. In this world, vampires are nuts and kill mortals pretty much indiscriminately. Immortals are a breed that’s slightly different from vampires in that they don't go nuts and they hu
Krista
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved Zach and Lisette’s chemistry. I enjoyed watching Seth and Zach’s relationship change.
Love Dianne's writing, you get drawn in and feel like you living thru what you are reading.
Dali
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
:: Full Review now posted ::

A paranormal must have of epic proportions. I’ve been smitten with Dianne’s characters and her Immortal Guardian world since the first book in the series, but this story took everything I like about it and super-sized it.

Night Unbound took my heart through the emotional paces. From hilarity
“You mean this wasn’t a butt call?”

“Do you have something against shirts?” His eyes dropped to Zach’s bare chest.

To blazing sensuality that turned my blood to molten lava
“I like the/>
“I/>“Do
Lorna
Vampires are my favorite supernatural creatures, by far-although I do like werewolves too. The Immortal Guardians series by this author is one of my favorite go to’s for this type of read. Of course Immortal Guardians are not really vampires-they do have the virus that causes vampirism, but their DNA is unique, so they stay sane, while the vampire goes insane. They also have special abilities.

This time around, it’s Lisette, the Immortal Guardian from France, that’s the focus of the b
Jen Davis
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series has not let me down once. I was so excited for Zach and Lisette’s story and I am happy to report that this book delivered everything I was hoping for. I loved Zach as a hero and Lisette was the perfect match for him in every way. The romance satisfies; the sex is good. The pacing is just right and the main story arc continues to advance. Like I said… everything I could want.

Dianne Duvall has been teasing us with a Zach and Lisette pairing for a little while now. Like Seth
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
As always, reading this series has got me all giddy. The first installment was a heavy one for me because it introduced almost all the characters in the family and almost all the surrounding details and information. But this one has got me all excited from reading Darkness Rises, because yeah I met Zach in Night Reins and I got all curious about him and Seth.

So the story pick up on the last night Zach has done his ‘gargoyle duty’ and his stalking of Lisette. Then, Seth teleports him,
Megan
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Be still my beating heart... I freaking love this series so freaking much I can't stand it! This book was so good!!

I was a little nervous about this on just because Lisette and Zach were both immortals.. well Zach isn't technically an immortal but I was just afraid that there wasn't going to be that tension between them like there have been with all the other immortal couples. And then the added tension with turning them. I always loved that. But honestly this book did not need that tension at
Trish R.
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parnormal readers
Recommended to Trish by: My daughter
Wonderful read..

First listened to September 2, 2014. Zach and Lisette’s love story. And in this one I can truthfully tell you I had forgotten who was giving the super soldiers/super vamps the serum that could knock the Immortal Guardians out. It was like reading a new mystery.

And I love the way Lisette met Zach and then how he disappeared for 4 months, only for her to get him back when he dropped onto her roof then fell off it into her back yard, beat all to hell and his wings full
Emalie
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Review update 02/12/15 after another reread

This review can also be found on my blog

I can't tell you how much I love this book. I'm just

This book came out last September and still it amazes me. I just love it.

Especially Zach. Since the first time we got to know Zach, I was intrigued. Who is this strange, quiet, winged man and what is his role in this series? Those were the questi
Paranormal Kiss
4.5 Stars

Loved the hero in this one!

Night Unbound is the 5th book in the Immortal Guardians series by Dianne Duvall. It’s an ongoing paranormal romance series, with each book showcasing a new hero and heroine in a complete story. I really liked Night Unbound. It drew me in completely, the story, the romance and the characters. By the time I finished reading I was invested in the story and the characters, not just the main characters but all of them. I love when that happens.
Stephanie  G
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lisette’s heart aches for Zach, a man she knows has been declared a traitor. Zach is not about to defend himself against crimes he didn’t commit but he’ll damn sure defend the woman who kept him sane in this riveting paranormal romance.

This steady to fast paced plot keeps readers on the edge with suspense, action, drama and romance. The author brings the story to life with well written words and details that capture the imagination and the well orchestrated drama and suspense draw the rea
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Lines "I want to try something."

"I just can't give that up without seeing where it can lead me. It's too rare. Too precious."

"Because I've lived for over two hundred years and haven't felt this alive, this eager to greet each new night, since I was mortal. You make me feel things I never thought I would again, Zach."

"Now take me in your arms and make me forget the cold."

"I think I would l would lay waste to the world if I lost you."

Lines
Desiree
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know I say this after almost every book, but this one is my favorite!! Loved every minute of it. Didn't realize how much I missed all the characters until I started reading this one. Can't wait for the next one. Please don't make us wait too long. :)
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Lisette d'Alençon and the exiled Zack are absolutely perfect for each other.
-A lot of questions were answered about The Others for me and of course added more.
-Cliff is becoming way too important to me. I get upset at the thought of his future.
-I enjoyed all of the moments between Zack and Seth.
-Lisette and her brothers interactions were precious and at times hilarious.
I have to say I’m enjoying these. It’s not the greatest series but it is pleasurable and just right for easy summer reading
Melissa
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
We get Zach and Lisette's romance in this story. Oh I was so curious about them since we got hints in the previous books and knew it was inevitable. There was no way these two would not end up together. So despite Seth's decree, Lisette helps Zach become more human than he ever thought possible. Quite a feat for an Immortal Guardian. :) I love Zach's transformation from stoic to romantic.

While you probably can read this series out of order for the character's romances, I think that t
T.J. Shaw
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

With every book in this series, I become more of a fan! My fangirling can be a good thing or a bad thing. Why? Because I expect more from the author. The dialogue has to be crisper, the romance hotter, the world-building that much stronger. Thank goodness NIGHT UNBOUND did not disappoint.

Gosh, I love these characters. Each has their own flare and style, each their own flaws and desires. Zach, what can I say! He’s one hell of an awesome alpha male! And Lisette? Well, she’s
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
Heat Rating: 🔥🔥🔥
Narrator Performance: 🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧

Such a fabulous addiction to the series!

We've been aware of Zach for a few books now and getting to know him has given us a bit of info on the mysterious "Others". They had a presence in the series arc for a while now and I'm happy that they are starting to get more page time. Like I said, I find them mysterious. But back to Zach....

When Zach first appeared in the series I didn't quite know what to make
Anorielt
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love it! One of the best vampire series that i have ever read and now it's time to wait for the next book >.<' gnah.... i hate waiting.
Nikki
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
This book was amazing I have been looking forward to Zack's book since Ami first found him on the roof. I love an alpha male that can let his lady be what she needs and still protect her.
Dianne Duvall's I...: Lisette and Zach 10 12 Jul 12, 2016 02:43AM
Is S******* really dead? 3 58 Jan 12, 2015 02:10AM

• Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • The Demon's Desire (Hearts of the Fallen, #2)
  • Blood Father (Blood Curse, #6)
  • Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • Tamed (Dark Protectors, #6.5)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Rebel Obsession (All The King's Men, #4)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Dante's Angel (The Breakers' Bad Boys, #3)
  • Slade (The Protectors, #6)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
  • His Dirty Secret (Best Friend, #2)
  • Hunter
  • Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)

Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and "wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choice Awards and are routinely deemed Top Pic(RT(Publishers

Immortal Guardians (9 books)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
“I did not need to see that … I mean I really did not need to see that. Jenna, honey, grab one of my daggers and poke out both my eyes.” 11 likes
“And YOU are supposed to be serving as guard. Seven vampires live across the hallway. What are you going to do if a couple of them have psychotic breaks and try to escape while you two are having a quickie?"

(Bastien)"Chase them down bare-ass naked and give the human guards and eyeful.”

"I don't know about you," one of the new vamps said in his room, "but I'm pretty sure even a total mind-fuck madness wouldn't make me risk that guy chasing me down and tackling me while he's naked and has a hard-on."

Bastien and Seth both laughed.

"What?" Chris asked unable to hear the vamps.”
6 likes