Start by marking “Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2)

Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx

(Lux #1-2)

Now available together for the first time, don't miss Obsidian and Onyx, the first two books in Jennifer L. Armentrout's bestselling Lux series. Also includes bonus content exclusive to the print edition! "A thrilling ride from start to finish," says RT Book Reviews.

Obsidian
There’s an alien next door. And with his looming height and eerie green eyes, he’s hot… until he ope
Published June 3rd 2014 by Entangled: Teen

Start your review of Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Found me another gem amongst my books!

The book kinda reminded me of a mix of Damon Salvatore

meets Roswell

meets some evil aliens, evil people with some teenage angst 😄

There are the first two books from the series in this one book:

Obsidian & Onyx

and they are both sooooo good! I will admit though, I wanted to smack people 15 times!

I love Katy's character! She's a book blogger and made me appreciate my blog more. The author actually dedicated to book lovers and book bloggers both large and small
Andie
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not that these two books weren't amazing anyway, but they deserve all the stars just for Daemon alone!!! I mean seriously, that boy is perfect!! Excuse me while I go swoon.
Jessica
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First read July 2014

*reread Obsidian July 2015
Still a fun enjoyable read!
Sage Elizabeth
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2018
4.25*
JLA is an addiction that i am ok with.
Narrated by Justine Eyre
Julie Zantopoulos
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, read-in-2018
Guys, this book is not particularly well written, the main ship is problematic and the tropes...so many tropes. So much miscommunication...so much. There's the bad boy and the nerdy girl. We have a "love triangle" that was never a real love triangle. We have people denying feelings and writing that is almost middle grade level of complicated. BUT the pace is quick and frankly, it was addictive as heck.
I have the rest of this series in giant bind up form, also. I'm sure I'll be reading them when
Maryna aka Ryna
I expected more from the cover like a real hot Daemon would have been nice but Obsidian and Onyx will always be my favorite books i don't care how the cover looks its the words that counts
Sandra Miksa
Surprisingly this book was so amazing that this is going to be a rather short review – or not?

I now know why everyone is overly obsessed with Jennifer L. Armentrout writing because damn if all her books are like “Obsidian” & “Onyx” well I guess she’s going to make it to my favourite author list – I think she already has to be honest.

At first I thought to myself, “Oh wow okay city girl moves in small town blah blah obviously her neighbor is a sexually appealing male blah blah blah he has a paran
Nicola
Mar 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sadly, because of the cover and dumbed down blurb, I don't think I'll be buying this. Major disappointed... all those years waiting for hardback Lux and they messed it up. Not even new material will make me love this. Upset hard-core fan here
Annabel
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! it was really good and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
rating: 4.5/5

review to come.
Jesten
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection. I thoroughly approve and recommend.
Lena
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, sci-fi, ya
"People tend to look on the beliefs of the past as being primitive and unintelligent, yet we are seeing more truth in the past every day."

"Words were the most powerful tool. Simple and so often underestimated. They could heal. They could destroy."

I'd bought this really cool special collector's edition on amazon some time ago, where you get two books within one and I felt like reading it so, why not? The first two books of this series were so much fun!
The beginning was a little cliché (y
Alyssa Davila (Traveling with Words)
So, I've already read all of the Lux books and am just waiting on the last one. However, I bought this book because of the extras. And let me tell you, I loved them! You can never have too much of Daemon Black! This also gave me a good reason to reread the series before Opposition comes out in August. To anyone who hasn't read this series, it's a must. Armentrout's writing is amazing. And you will definitely fall head over heels with Daemon. That is all.

UPDATE: 3/24/14
That. Cover.

I love it! Eve
Michelle Wrona
To this day, I still can't control myself. DAEMON BLACK IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS KEEPING ME ALIVE. At least that's what my whole life at the moment feels like. Yes, I've heard that the Lux series is utterly irresistible, but who'd actually believe it until they've read it? I'm fangirling, still fangirling, and I think I need a t-shirt that simply says, "I love aliens," because Jennifer L. Armentrout is my new favourite author of 2014 and I can't simply keep my boyfriend Daemon out of my mind. ...more
Review of Onyx, the second book in the Lux series. My thoughts on the first installment are.. somewhere. *distracted wave*
I wrote this on my iPad, without auto-correct, so pardon the spelling errors.

The bad:
Daemon overall. His "I'm not stalking you, I'm just keeping an eye on you" philosophy was creepy and overprotective. He got possessive of Katy if another guy so much as breathed near her.

The new guy Blake was only there to rival Daemon and occasionally silently push the plot forward. It wa
Abooktopia
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I’ve heard so many great things about the Lux series for quite some time now and just knew I had to pick up the series though I must admit I was worried about it being a disappointment like some of the other hyped up books I’ve read in the past. I don’t even know why I was worried!?? It was such an amazing and loveable book! I did have some difficulties in obtaining the book in the beginning considering I couldn’t just go down to the local library and borrow the book
Alexandra
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!! I'm officially addicted to this series. I loved Daemon Black. This hot fallen alien is absolutely swoon worthy. I LOVED every minute of it!! *cries for more*

I'm freaking mesmerised! I've started this book with high expectations and things started out a little slow for me towards the beginning of the book but the story definitely picked up as I continued to read.
The tension between Daemon and Katy was incredible.

“I couldn't stop staring at his mouth when he spoke. I bet he knew how to ki
Mariela Garcia
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
No doubt I had to give it 5 stars. Even though in the second book Katy got annoying. But over all WOW!!!! That's all I can say. I can't believe I didn't pick this book up sooner.
hope ❅
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Twilight?? but better?? and with aliens??

That’s all I have to say. I hated it but I’m total trash so I also loved it. My newest guilty pleasure.
Nandini
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since this book has both the books together, I'm just going to review them separately as I read them:

OBSIDIAN
Read: 25|10|14 - 27|10|14
5 stars

WOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS <3

And can we just talk about the cover? (The new one with the first two parts together) It freaking sparkles!

This book is about Aliens or Luxens more specifically. I mean, how can you know that but not read this book? Because, seriously, let's be honest here – we all are hard-core believers that aliens do exist and in thi
Valquiria
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, english, 2014
I just love this series, and the first two books that are in this volume are AWESOME. I love the way Jennifer L Armentrout writes and creates a marvelous storyline with amazing characters, and not only Daemon (*_*), Dee, Katy, even Ash are incredible.
This is the third time i'm reading it and it still bringing me so many emotions and feels.
In Obsidian and Onyx the story is light compared to the next books in the series. The relationship between katy and Daemon is so so real that is one of my favo
Halley Hopson
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Obsidian - 3.5 stars. Literally Twilight but with aliens. But man did I enjoy the crap out of it.

Onyx - 4.25 stars. Much better than the first. Action packed and full of angst.

Guys, I think I have a new obsession with a series that I never expected to like. I've never read a book that felt so much like Twilight that wasn't actually Twilight; though it does have quite of few of its own unique twists to it. I also just love Katy and the fact that she a sassy little book blogger. Daemon is a bit
Jasmine
It's just a combination of Obsidian and Onyx in a big book. The only thing special is the bonus materials in the end of it, which are some specific chapters transferred into Daemon's POV. Those parts were swoon-worthy and it's great to tell the story from a different angle. At least we know that Daemon wasn't such a dou***bag, or jerk-face, well, not that obvious.
Angela
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I should start by saying (as usual) this is my review of the WHOLE Lux series...

It'll be as hard as Daemon's abs not to give out any spoilers but I'll do my best! ;) *takes deep breath*

I CANT EVEN START TO EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVED LUX!!!!! LIKE HOLY ALIEN BABIES EVERYWHERE MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN AND MY HEART HAS BEEN STOLEN BY THIS SERIES...

I had a friend who saw this book on good-reads and told me about it because lets just say I'm a little... OK maybe a lot obsessed with aliens. Well once sh
Gabby
Apr 20, 2014 marked it as to-read
Super disappointed with these new covers. The entire reason I bought these books on my kindle before was I was holding out on the ugly original covers, because I heard these new covers were being released. But in my opinion, these are even worse! Haha before I saw them I was definitely going to buy the hard copies of these books, but now I see them I won't. I was hoping these new covers were going to be like the spanish covers, which I really like.
Christina (GoodGirlKills)
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars for the first two books

I liked the first one more than the second. But it reminded me so much of Twilight that it was comical some times. These books are such a fun and fast read. I love daemon! but Katie is so naive and frustrating. The ending was really fast paced and unexpected. can't wait to read the next book.
Jana
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hate the cover! This will always be one of my favourite series of all time but what the hell. This cover will not stand out in the shelves AT ALL. I could go on and on but I won't. I definitely won't be buying this.
Ana Passos
Obsidian - 5/5 stars

Love the relationship between Daemon and Katy in this book!

Onyx - 5/5 stars

Daemon is bae!!!
Alexa
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
FIRST THOUGHTS: There's nothing quite like Katy/Daemon banter. And there's really nothing quite as fun as a JLA book!

• Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Origin
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • The Case of the Vanishing Veil (Nancy Drew, #83)
  • Of the Blood (Heir of Blood and Fire, #1)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Touch (Denazen, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Angelfall Trilogy (Penryn & the End of Days, #1-3)
  • Fifty First Times
  • The Nine Lives of Chloe King (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #1-3)
  • Ostrye predmety
  • Królestwo popiołów. Część 1 (Szklany tron, #7A)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Lux (5 books)