Start by marking “Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #3)

Bad Blood

(Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #3)

Aurora returns from boot camp to a new assignment, an unwelcome roommate, and the increasingly amorous attentions of a certain vampire hunter.

College is starting, and so is Aurora’s undercover work at a network of swanky parties known as “Tastings” for high rolling vampires who like their blood laced with fine wine. But Aurora’s not the only one on the prowl. An undergroun
Published June 2nd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Blood

Bj
4 "Hunter or Hunted" Stars?

Please note this series must be read in order. If you have not yet read book 1, Aurora Sky, please see my review for that title.

Book 3, Bad Blood, picks up a short while after Book 2, Northern Bites. Aurora has been away at vampire hunter agent training camp for six months, and she's about to take a test to see if she passes and can finally go back home. Meanwhile, Aurora's past hunts are coming back to haunt her--not literally, but by at least one "family" vampire mem
angela
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Not just for teens, I'm in my 40's and have loved this series. These characters are absolutely relatable, there relationships continue to evolve, the series is full of action and absolutely keeps your attention throughout. Definitely 5 stars.
Nikki Jefford
Apr 20, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This one's for the real life heroes of the world who stand up for who they are and what they believe in every single day.

Be the hero of your own story.

-Nikki
AudioBookReviewer
ABR's original Bad Blood audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Bad Blood by Nikki Jefford is the third novel in the series called Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter. This book continues the story of Aurora Sky, a young adult vampire hunter who returns home from a summer long boot camp having finally been trained to be the vampire hunter that she has already been “employed” as. After a traumatic end to the previous year which lead to a betrayal by her friends and a murder of
Bri
What I liked: Bad Blood continues six months from the ending of Northern Bites, skipping over the six months she spent at boot camp for the organization she now works for. Aurora has come through quite a lot of change since book one, and it's especially noticeable in this book. After what happened in Northern Bites she isn't quite sure who she should trust anymore (not that I blame her), or even what the truth is or who's been lying to her despite what she's being told. Of course, it's not like ...more
Shelley
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
**I received this book for free from author Nikki Jefford in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Paranormal, Vampires
*Rating* 3.5-4

*MY Thoughts*

Before I dive into my review for Bad Blood, I would first like to say that I would recommend reading Stakeout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2.5) featuring Noel Harper, and Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2.6) featuring Valerie Ward, before diving into this book. You really
Kim
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next!
Lots of action and plenty of drama. I can see the plot growing and can't wait to find out how it all ties in!

Bad Blood picks up 6 months after book 2, Northern Bites, when Aurora was sent to boot camp. She's completed her training, and been away long enough for the suspicion to die down about her involvement with the murder of Marcus. Or so they thought.

Aurora comes home to find that everything has changed. Her mom is acting like a differe
CeCe
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5 Stars.

This was not a bad listen. I just feel that it was more of the same. I thought we would see more Fane, but we didn't. In this book, Aurora doesn't know what she wants to do with Dante. She cares for Dante and when he does nice things for her family. Aurora says her heart grows for Dante when he does nice things for her, but she questions if she wants more than friendship with him.

I just wanted more from book 3. Book 2 had a great cliffy so I was hoping that book 3 would blow me away,
Ashley
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: own
I bought this book along with the entire series at a gift shop in downtown Seward, Alaska. I am a blogger @ The Paranormal Bookshelf. My review is completely my own with no bias of the author.

Category: Young adult paranormal romance
Paranormal genre: vampires
5 out of 5 stars!

First I should say, I loved this cover. It was so different than the others and it goes along with the story so perfectly (no spoilers). Here we have Aurora Sky and her band of friends and family gearing up for the third ins
Amber Smith
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series. I am hooked. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

You think YOUR life is crazy? Try Aurora's!

Poor Aurora. At 18 years old, the biggest challenge she should have right now is juggling boys, college, and which parties to attend. She shouldn't have to worry about killing vampires, about conspiracies and lies, or trying to stay alive long enough to celebrate tomorrow. But she does, because that's her life. As a vampire hunter born with a special blood type that is lethal to the vamps, fun and si
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Check out my blog for a giveaway and read an excerpt. Click the banner below

I just loved this book. Almost forgot how awesome this series is. Lol. There were some twist I hadn't seen coming at all, which make it that much better.

I just love Dante, and think Aurora should be with him. Fane is ok, but he never had been my favorite. I am glad that Aurora found out the “secret” Fane has kept from her for awhile now. Not really till the end but still she figured it out, won’t mention what it is, if
Laura Greenwood

Title: Bad Blood
Series: Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (#3)
Author: Nikki Jefford
From: Amazon (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter Box Set)
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: 12th June 2014
Challenges: 2016 Read the Books You Buy, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Aurora returns from boot camp to a new assignment, an unwelcome roommate, and the increasingly amorous attenti
Diane Lynch
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 of 5 Stars

Bad Blood takes place six months after Northern Bites when Aurora returns from boot camp.

Aurora’s character changed a lot over that time, she has been toughened up. She’s not the only one that changed: her mom and Noel also made a considerable transformation.

It was interesting seeing Valerie and Aurora hanging out so much. They actually seemed to occasionally like each other. It was almost as if they were becoming friends.

Speaking of friends, Aurora and Dante's relationship become
Rachel
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Bad Blood" is the best title thus far in the Aurora Sky series.

Aurora , an engineered vamp hunter, is on her way back from boot camp after a high profile kill. Back and ready to go she continues taking down the predators with her toxic blood. She is, excitedly, beginning her freshman year in college and wading around her feelings for Dante. OH! And her grandmother has moved home. A suspicious French teacher, her shady boss and his vamp sidekick, and some mysterious cravings make her wonder. Wha
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Bad Blood is book three in the Aurora Skye Vampire Hunter Series by Nikki Jefford. This is a series that needs to be read in order. I also recommend that you read Stakeout, which is told from Noel's point of view, before reading Bad Blood. It puts things in perspective.

Bad Blood keeps the wonderful trend of action, angst, and romantic tension that I love about this series going strong. It has a story line that keeps me completely engaged in what's going on, an
Shawn
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I posted my review on the box set of 1-3. Since that is how I read them.

Please see This page to read the review! Thank you
Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter Box Set
Denise Allen
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit, the series is good. It is humiliating to admit because there isnt anything in my age group to compare. It is a lot like admitting to like riding a moped. Will I read book 4 and more? Nah..
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aurora returns from bootcamp and jumps right in where she left off. Dante wants her, Valerie wants her help in finding and killing Jared, Fane wants her, Noel is just kinda bitchy and superfluous in this one. Aurora, Valerie and Dante are sent undercover into "tastings" to gather information...even though Aurora is recognized and suspected of murdering a vampire, which makes her not undercover at all! I think I really started to give up on this was when Aurora thought that "Valerie wasn't half b ...more
Katie McKinney
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Continuation

This is a very entertaining series. The initial description in an ad made me immediately one-click: “it’s like Buffy meets Alias.” This was an accurate description, and I’m totally invested in the series.
In this installment, Aurora has taken a time out from Alaska after the events in the last book, and has grown as a hunter. I don’t want to give too much away, but it is a great continuation from the previous books in the series, and I’ll be getting the next one...now!
beth m
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Where’s the romance?

This book had one steamy scene: in the beginning with interruption and no conclusion. If you’re going to tout your book being a romance then you’ve gotta actually put some romance into it. It says you could read this book as a stand-alone but I’m pretty sure there’s a book before this I’d suggest reading because I didn’t know half of the things that happened prior to this book or the characters... honestly I couldn’t get into it.
Carol
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good Aurora Sky book

Another good Aurora Sky book . Each new book gets better. Vampires, action, romance and intrigue. Something for everyone. I would recommend this book to my family and friends.
Andrea Heltsley
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Another good installment in the Aurora Sky series. Would love to have seen more romance and less wishy washy with the guys. Looking forward to the next book. Four glittery stars!
Linda
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The series is very young adultish, but for some reason, has caught my fancy enough to want to continue reading it.
Rosie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cliffhanger😬

Gosh !so excited to know where tommy is? Valerie will she be ok? What a way to start book 4. Love it😉
Vicki
I liked some elements of this but skimmed through most
Tim Gladney
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting read

I like the plot twist. It's a different take on vampire story. Made up vampires against original ones. A new discovery every time you read

Tamera
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Tastings" are swank events for the vampire elite, sampling flavors of human blood direct from the source... and Aurora is going undercover. The world of upper-class vamps in Alaska is definitely an interesting one! I really enjoyed this book, probably my favorite of the series which I think it is only made better by reading Noel Harper's story in the '2.5' novella.

Note on YA category- these are more of the young adult, 18+ side of the YA line despite the series starting when the characters are
Liliana
Review on Lili Lost in a Book

Aurora is finally returning to Alaska after six long months in boot camp. She is properly trained and ready to kick vampire butt!

If you remember from Stakeout (if you read it), on their mission, Dante and Noel found out about this "Tastings" event where mortal women drink wine and then vampires suck their blood and they can taste the wine in their blood. Now, in Bad Blood it's up to Aurora and the gang to stop this crazy thing. But things wont go smoothly, of cours
Danielle Young
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aurora Sky does not have a glamorous life. Everything she ever wanted was taken from her in one fatal accident. Now she is a government pawn. At the governments beck and call, going undercover as the very thing she is trained to hunt. A vampire. But as per usual for Aurora, things don't go as planned and the past comes back to haunt her. Her secrets are getting harder to hide from and people are getting harder to trust.

Since becoming a vampire hunter Aurora has had a pretty hard life. She can't
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 01, 2015 12:51PM
  • The Junior Bridesmaid
  • James Games
  • Blackout (Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Turning Tides (Elements, #3)
  • Diary of the Gone
  • Skarlet (The Vampire Trinity, #1)
  • Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)
  • The Superiors (The Superiors, #1)
  • The Troll
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Mastered (The Mastered Saga #1)
  • The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #2)
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy, #3)
  • Burn Like Fire (The Briar Creek Vampires, #6)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 11
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • Slow Boat
Nikki Jefford is an award-winning, bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and quirky combinations in-between.

She is a third-generation Alaskan now living in the Pacific Northwest with her Westie, Cosmo, and her French husband, who she wouldn't trade in for anyone--not even Spike or Mr. Darcy!

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking, or out riding her motorcycle, a Honda CB5

Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (6 books)
  • Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Hunting Season (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4)
  • Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)
  • True North (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #6)