Start by marking “Holy Bible” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible

Holy Bible

Prepared especially for people who want a Hindi translation that accurately expresses the full meaning of the original text in a style that is clear and easy to understand. Designed to help people avoid the most common obstacles to reading with understanding. Includes aids to help the reader, including the following: a glossary of difficult words and maps.
Hindi version, easy to read edition
Published (first published 397)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Bible

Demo
I could go on forever about how I was stuffed to the brim with propaganda my entire life in Catholic school, but instead, or at least for now until I write something real, just watch this whole video:

Matt
Jun 23, 2008 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I've been avoiding listing this one because there is a part of me that screams, "Why didn't you give this book 5 stars!?!?!" Certainly, that part of me has a point. I've read this book more than any other book save two - the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. Generally, any book I find worth reading more than 4 or 5 times I also find worth giving 5 stars to. And, in terms of the power and sophistication of the stories contained within, the book is probably unmatched as a collection of short stori ...more
bARRY
Sep 14, 2007 bARRY rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GK Darby
No one whose testes are crushed or whose member is cut off shall be admitted into the congregation of the Lord. -Deuteronomy 23:2

Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness. Thei
Bokeshi
May 11, 2013 Bokeshi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Usually I like epic fantasy, but this one was rather underwhelming. Extra star for Doré's gorgeous illustrations.
David
May 15, 2007 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This rather long book is uneven in places, but when it's good, it's good.
Richard Houchin
Apr 23, 2008 Richard Houchin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, philosophy
Interesting note, of all the people I know who have read the Bible in detail from cover to cover, the majority are atheists.

The King James version is the only English translation that maintains this great piece of literature in an artistic form. It's all about the meter! As one of the greater works of fiction in human history, this book is like a collection of story templates. A rich linguistic tradition has descended from this particular translation, and the only thing keeping The Bible from re
Ais Eddy
Jun 08, 2010 Ais Eddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Recommended to Ais by: The Pastors, Teachers, Parents, Family and Friends who all want me to grow up in the faith of our LORD Jesus Christ - Thank You for putting me on my track!
I learned that everyone's a sinner - even me! This Book changed my life litterally because this is my religion. I'm dead serious worship this Book. Everyone should read this LONG book to read the miracles of God AND HOW TRUE THEY ARE! Everything in this book is true and everyone should get around to reading the chapter called "Matthew".
7jane
Apr 16, 2016 7jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-finnish
(The Finnish Bible, 1992 translation)

Minun kansiversioni ei ole tämä - minun on sellainen kovakantinen ja punainen - mutta tämä sopii hyvin. Sujuva käännös jonka aion lukea uudestaan ja uudestaan :)
Alex Ball
Sep 16, 2012 Alex Ball rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seminal work of science fiction vacillates between page-turning fight sequences and dreary legal analysis. Despite some unreliable narration and unresolved plot points, the authors' God proves to be a multi-dimensional character, learning much from his vindictive and petulant behavior in the first part. By the end you're shedding your own tears of blood for his tragic demise at the hands of a mostly unsympathetic audience. The psychedelic epilogue ameliorated this somewhat--dragons with sev ...more
Spencer Johnson
I know what you're going to say, "This book's boring," or, "That book doesn't count." Well I've got news for you. Give me a book that is different, no matter how many times you read it. Give me a book that includes stories of men from over 5,000 years ago. Give me a book that can feed you like no Grandma ever could. Give me a book that I can read every day of my life, but never grow tired of it. Give me a book that has the greatest love story ever told. Give me a book that will always show you s ...more
Candace
Mar 17, 2016 Candace marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Funny story. I am in no way religious. I'm actually going to read this because I believe that before i pronounce myself as Atheist that I should know all of the things I'm rejecting and fully understand them. If a miracle happens (and I hear God just loves to deal those things out) and I actually 'find God' through reading the Bible then I will pronounce myself a believer and go on living my life the same way I do now.
Lilly Thompson
best book in the world :)
1 Corinthians
Jude
Matthew
Haggai
Stacy Parrish
Aug 18, 2007 Stacy Parrish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
In my opinion, the King James version of the Bible is the only way to read the bible. I fully believe that everyone should read the bible like any other book. Do not get lost in one denomination's translation of the bible, but read it for yourself and find your own meaning.
Snoose
Sep 10, 2008 Snoose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lime
Jul 15, 2007 Lime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is one book I'm always return to. Sometimes for long reads, often for short reads. I love this book, it's my life and faith.

Usually I read it in Norwegian (and nynorsk) - this was the only cover I could find that looked somewhat familiar...
Mark
Apr 06, 2009 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, lds, favorites
I love the Bible. Along with the Book of Mormon, I read these books more than any others.
Aug 08, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, fantasy, sci-fi
Not bad. Bit slow in parts, not much character development. Could have used a better editor.
Raya Sunshine
Oct 18, 2007 Raya Sunshine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
in my oppinion, everyone should read the bible...it has practical information that's relevant for our life and times.
Jmarie214
Feb 14, 2009 Jmarie214 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE Book of Life.
Candelaria Silva
I've read and been preached to about different parts of the Bible. I am now reading it all the way through.
Algernon
no rating - this is an important text regardles if you're a skeptic or a true believer.
Edward Burton
Violence, poetry, romance, profundity. This book has it all. And being written in 1611, it very well could be the cornerstone of Modern English.
David
Jun 02, 2008 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a little preachy...
Matt
A decent read...
Nathaniel
Nov 20, 2009 Nathaniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-books
The story of God stretching out his hands to a disbelieving and contrary people.
Danijel Brestovac

Prva Mojzesova Knjiga

1Mz 2:18- bog Jehova je tudi rekel: "Ni dobro, da je človek še naprej sam. Naredili mu bom pomočnico, ki ga bo dopolnjevala."

1Mz 11:6- zatem je Jehova rekel: "Vsi so eno ljudstvo in vsi govorijo en jezik in glej, česa in se lotili. Zdaj jim nič od tega, kar se morda namenijo, ne bo nemogoče.

1Mz 11:7- Dajmo, stopimo dol in jim zmešajmo jezik, da ne bodo mogli razumeti jezika drug drugega.
Joanne G.
I have no idea where this Bible came from, and it's likely anyone who could tell me has died.

Names written inside:
Zuckerman
Orb
Irma Cook
Winfred Jones
(It's pure speculation concerning the names, as they are faded and illegible.)
Zenyatta
Dec 14, 2010 Zenyatta marked it as reference-and-how-to-books  ·  review of another edition
It's an ancient novel filled with acts of murder, corruption, prostitution, misogyny, homophobia, bestiality, incest, ethnic cleansing, human trafficking, cruelty, senseless dogmatism, theological contradictions, antiquated mysticism and moral deception. It is often read to children on weekends.
Hilary
Nov 21, 2009 Hilary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the language is a little blah compared with the KJV, but that's to be expected with such a simple translation. The good thing about it is how easy it is to read and understand. There sure is some far out weirdo stuff in here.
Hannah
Aug 01, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most life changing book ever! This book will tell you the ONLY way to Heaven. Jesus Christ. This book has the answers to all your problems and is our map in life that we should read every day and follow.
  • God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • Norse Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Nordic Gods (Mythology Library)
  • Every Thought Captive: Battling the Toxic Beliefs That Separate Us from the Life We Crave
  • Vampyre
  • Complete Guide to Needlework
  • Webster's New World Thesaurus
  • The Greatest Story Ever Told
  • The Dictionary of Classical Mythology
  • The Kingdom of the Wicked
  • Joseph: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness (Great Lives from God's Word, #3)
  • Cassell's Concise Latin-English, English-Latin Dictionary
  • Theirs Is the Kingdom: Celebrating the Gospel in Urban America
  • Jihad: The Trail of Political Islam
  • The New Testament in Modern English
  • The Portable Dante
  • The Gods and Goddesses of Olympus
  • Hear No Evil: Marching in the Lord's Army, Fleeing the Devil, and Finding a Righteous Groove
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...