Start by marking “The Cistern Mission- A Short Story” as Want to Read:
The Cistern Mission- A Short Story

The Cistern Mission- A Short Story

Evolved Publishing presents a wild journey to a sister planet of Earth, in The Cistern Mission by Michael Dadich. This short story is a prequel to the multiple award-winning novel The Silver Sphere. At just under 3,600 words, it's the perfect short distraction from your busy day. [YA Fantasy/Sci-Fi] [DRM-Free]

We have included a four chapter sneak peak from The Silver Sphe
Published November 11th 2013 by Evolved Publishing (first published October 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cistern Mission- A Short Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cistern Mission- A Short Story

Start your review of The Cistern Mission- A Short Story
Penelope Bartotto
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The tastiest little morsel of a story I've ever read. Dadich perfectly teases the reader with just enough story to make you want to rush right out and buy a copy of The Silver Sphere and start reading it immediately. Thankfully I had a copy waiting on my shelf, which I am now thoroughly enjoying the fantastical adventure the author is taking me on. This is a teaser done absolutely right! ...more
Alison O'donnell tortora
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this short story. It was like being In Azimuth. Some character names were familiar from reading The Silver Sphere already. Can not say enough good things. Really enjoyed reading it. Thanks Michael Dadich for sharing with the world your talent.
Valerie Zambito
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have not yet read The Silver Sphere, but I enjoyed this little teaser into Michael Dadich’s world. Plenty of action and intrigue. Enough to the whet the appetite for more. Very much looking forward to more. Well done.
Heather
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-fire
After getting wrapped up in The Silver Sphere I was thrilled to find out that Michael Dadich was writing this prequel. In true Dadich fashion, his writing threw me right back into that world. While short, this story packs a powerful punch!
Awesome Indies Book Awards
Awesome Indies Book Awards is pleased to include THE CISTERN MISSION A SHORT STORY by MICHAEL DADICH in the library of Awesome Indies' Badge of Approval recipients at http://j.mp/AwesIndBk348
Tahlia Newland
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories, sci-fi
The Cistern is a short story by the author of the Silver Sphere, a popular young adult fantasy/sci fi novel. The story is designed as a free introduction to the Kin Chronicles and includes some chapters from the first book. As a short story, it works well.
The writing flows smoothly; the central character is well-drawn in the short time available and the plot is succinct and exciting - all elements of a good short story. I also got a clear visual of the setting and a real sense of the danger as
Amie's Book Reviews
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Cistern Mission by Michael Dadich is a free short story that is a prequel to the novel "The Silver Sphere".

Prior to reading this short story I have not yet read "The Silver Sphere" however, now my curiosity is piqued.

It introduces the reader to a world at war. The planet of Azimuth is fighting a war with the Nightlander army.

Rostand has infiltrated the enemy's base called Cistern which is located on the moon of Andromeda. His mission is intelligence gathering. The Nightlanders have somehow
Alex Mueck
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Cistern Mission is a short story based off the excellent debut novel, The Silver Sphere. Fans of that book will want to check this out because it brings the world of Azimuth back as well as a couple of familiar names, specifically the nemesis Hideux.

However new readers will want to check this out as well. First it is affordable, who does not have .99 cents? Furthermore, the short story comes with the first 4 chapters of the Silver Sphere, so there is a nice sample to wet your appetite with t
Timothy Coplin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, shorts
The Cistern Mission

A very short story: prequel to the novel The Silver Sphere: young adult science fiction that's full of action as the hero and heroine uncover the truth behind military intelligence leaks that lead to death and destruction to the people of Planet Azimuth.

Don't expect a whole lot, it is a very short YA prequel after all. That said, the cover art is spectacular. I'll judge this book by its cover and give it one-and-a-half thumbs-up.
Lori
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
just a really short story that introduces the world's at war azimuth and the nighlanders. you meet a couple characters test but it just leads you to.want to read Silver Sphere.
ok book. too short. too much of teaser but I guess Micheal Dadich played his cards right because anyone who reads this will want to read Silver Sphere without a doubt.
Caedy  Eries
Dec 21, 2013
Sabrina K. Mercury
Nov 17, 2014
Michael Dadich
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Margaret Everett
R KD
Dec 30, 2013
Alyssa Robertson
Dec 30, 2013
I’ve been writing since first setting pencil to steno pad at age 8. A year later, I began developing the world of my current series-in-progress, and even created its title, The Silver Sphere. Now, with the support of years of experience, those early maps and back stories have progressed into what I hope is a fresh and entertaining take on the classic young adult fantasy adventure. The Silver Spher ...more