Start by marking “Time to Make the Doughnuts (Love of the Game, #3)” as Want to Read:
Time to Make the Doughnuts (Love of the Game, #3)

Time to Make the Doughnuts

(Love of the Game #3)

**This story contains explicit sexual situations. Do not read this story if these things offend you**.

Josie doesn’t trust men anymore. Especially professional athletes. When Max Grant – star receiver for the Steelers – enters her bakery in a carb frenzy before dawn, she draws her weapon and prays he doesn’t make her use it.

Over the next months, they become best friends an
Published July 5th 2013 by Always the Good Girl LLC

To ask other readers questions about Time to Make the Doughnuts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Make the Doughnuts

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yes yes yes. Another fantastic story from Shayne:)
This is Josie and Maxs story. Josie is a strong female character. She has gone through hell & she's survived. Wow I just loved Max. Tissues for drooling were needed!! As for the sex scenes they were super hot.
I inhaled this book. The storyline was fantastic. When I read this authors books I feel as if I'm in the book. Great writing.

Sherry Galloway studdard
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! This story is Amazing the more I read of Shayne McClendon's work the more I want to read. If you haven't read her work you are missing out on such an Amazing Talented Author.
Do yourself a favor and read her work.
I think you will be highly impressed with her talent.
Leisa Prater
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
what a great short story....love books about athletes!!!
Kimberley Humphrey
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! Great short story & all I want to know is where to find my own Max Grant. Holy hotness :)
Regina
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Max is great. How he proved to Josie that just because of his career he was a good man. Loved how she got a family to support her. Love,Love Shayne McClendon. She is a MUST read author.
Sharon Dunn
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Touchdown!!! Shayne McClendon just can not write a bad book! Love them all and this one is no exception!
Jenny
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book from Shayne. I devoured it. less teary than her others but a solid story. pick it up!!!!!!
Debby
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overcoming the past

Max just had to have whatever it was he was smelling. It drew him to the door of one carrying hurt and still dealing with the cause. Not that Josie gave in to it. She armed herself everyway she could to combat those still coming at her. Max has to prove he is different.
Melissa Cheslog
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great short story of love and trust. Josie lost everything three years ago when she was attacked. Max was just starting his football career. Family means everything to him and he fiercely will protect those he cares about. Becoming friends they develop feelings for each other. As Josie is being haunted by her past Max shows he will always be there. This was a great story. The characters were fun and relatable. Once again, another hit from Shayne McClendon.
Katerina
A short little story sweet as a doughnut...
that gave me the creeps, when I had to read the pages long babbling during the protagonists first horizontal activity...
Do people really talk this much while they are at it???
Fascinating!!!
My favorite line during this "get-together":"Vaginal orgasms are usually really hard for me."
Ooookaayyy....Thanks for the info!

Other than that: a great writing style and sympathetic characters having their deserved HEA.
I liked it!
J B
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Too brief ....often is my complaint but for me brevity only works if there's enough backstory to get the gist of who the characters were before they meet! For me I just didn't get enough before to really care enough for the characters
Anima
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous novella, romantic with poetic words from a pro footballer combined with a feisty gun-toting ballerina/bakery owner. The friendship these two find is truly amazing and heartwarming. Another survivor story that will be with me a long time. We all need a Max Grant in our lives.
Lori
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Max!
Jenn
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: type-single
Cute story - love the way they met. I enjoy this author's stories, but the way the characters talk to each other isn't how normal people converse. A good editor would make this series great.
Mel Bedford
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the "game" series by Shayne and this book doesn't disappoint! The beginning is a great hook and I couldn't put it down!
Karen
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was just amazing and I loved it
The story will touch your heart & the love will make you melt
Tami czenkus
Feb 02, 2014
Kristi
Jan 06, 2014
ZigZagSuck
rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2014
Dec 22, 2013
Missy
Dec 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

Love of the Game (3 books)
  • Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)
  • Breaking the Ice (Love of the Game, #2)